[PP-F1] Catch of The Day |Calyx, Mayonaka, Echo {COMPLETE}

I woke up at my usual time in the mid afternoon, with the sun still up. It was a nice day outside, like always. The days were always beautiful due to the creators. A "paradise" I lived in. As I shut the door to my room I heard shouting from outside and decided to check it out. With no hesitation I bolted outside to see the commotion.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Late in the afternoon, the day slowly ending. The day was nice like it has always been. The settings of the weathers are on maximum optimum. "Peaceful, as always." I said. Suddenly, a commotion has broken out and I stood up almost immediately and headed towards the crowd. As I try to get my way through the crowd it seemed as if my body is gliding through the crowd and ended up in the front of the crowd.

Having just finished up his crafting attempts for the day, Calyx wandered the streets of Starting City; Lockheed sitting in his usual place atop the hilt of Kaeseras, which was strapped to Calyx's back. It was another beautiful, sunny day in Aincrad. Calyx wasn't surprised, every day in Starting City was beautiful and idyllic; but he appreciated the sights anyway, and took them in in all of their beautiful, simulated glory. Just then, he heard an unusual crash around the corner. Crashes weren't uncommon in the markets of Starting City either; but this one was accompanied by angry shouting, so Calyx decided to check it out and make sure everything was all right.

As I darted into the crowd people pushed me and yelled nasty things. This was not something I liked. I realized, too late, that I was way too short to be messing around in the crowd. I turned to get out and get a better view but another man was pushed into me, causing me to fall. I blinked a few times, knowing that no damage was taken, but was furious at the man. I gave him a dirty look, because he didn't apologize to me. In return he spit at my show, this made me angrier than ever. When he turned around I sprinted at him and jumped on his back, holding onto his bald head with force. I knew it wasn't a good idea but hey, who could stop me?

I was able to get to the front of the crowd, but there wasn't a danger to put out. I slowly got pushed through the crowd to spot a female player jumped on a bald player. "Er, what's she doing to him." I said to myself. I finally was able to get to the two players and put my hands on the two. "Are you two doing good?" I said to the two as the crowd start to push harder. I wasn't able to get the two off because of the crowd, so I was taken away by the crowd. I only was able to get a glimpse of the two player before I was thrown out of the crowd. "Eh. Damn it. I'll just see if I can get back in there." I said to the two players. I started to walked back into the crowd.

I struggled to keep a grip on his head, baldy. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a boy coming towards us, he touched each of us and got moved with the crowd. When the bald man finally grabbed my shirt collar he let me dangle in front of him. He was tall, and I was very short so I had a major disadvantage. I racked my brain for a plan, nothing came. I looked around but no one seemed to care that I was hanging by my collar. The worst that could happen in this situation is I stop breathing and go unconscious. I noticed the boy way coming back but not quick enough, my air was getting thin. In a final attempt to get rid of the bald man I kicked him hard in the gut. It worked because I hit the ground while he fell over, clutching his stomach. I ran out of the crowd swiftly, through the town.

Calyx slowly made his way through the developing crowd, having less and less room to maneuver as the people around him became more densely packed. "See anything, buddy?", he thought to Lockheed, since he knew they wouldn't be able to hear each other over the roar of the surrounding crowd. "You know I dislike being called that...", Lockheed thought. "But no, I can't see much of anything either. Let me get a closer look." The dragon took off from the sword and began to glide above the heads of the citizens, toward the center of the commotion. Something really bad, or at least really interesting, must have happened to draw this kind of crowd. Off to the side, Calyx saw a small girl mounted on the back of another man, seemingly attempting to gouge his eyes out. They didn't even appear to be concerned with what was going on at the center of the mass of people; they just looked to be having their own personal fight. "People are crazy...", Calyx muttered to himself, knowing no one would hear him as he pressed forward into the crowd.

OOC: my computer's about to die, and then I have to make the drive home, so this will probably be my last post until about 7ish tonight, but i should be back on around then

I wasn't able to get to the female player, so I let the crowd push me out. I took a seat near the crowd but far enough to see around them. I scanned around to see if I was able to see the girl. Suddenly, I see her bolt out of the crowd, "Hey! Wait.. Damn it." I said as I run towards the girl. She disappeared as I took a turn of the marketstalls. "Damn.. Where have she gone to?" I said to myself. I ran through the marketplace and looked around to see if I could find her. My memory were fuzzy and I've already forgotten how her face has looked like. I ran as quick as I could around the marketplace. I looked around the the alleys to see if she was hiding there. She was quite short, but that was all the features I could remember about her. I sat in the middle of the marketplace and waited to get my breath back.

I saw the boy from before start to chase me, I run even faster. I smile to myself and duck under one of the stalls and wait for him to pass. When the stalker finally sits on a bench, out of breath I advance towards him. I'm very careful that I'm not seen by him. I slide under the bench and count in my head. Once I reach ten I grab his ankles and pull them backwards, hopefully causing him to fall. I knew he would probably be mad but I laughed anyways. I started to creep out from under the bench.

I was still getting air back into my lungs, but as soon as I was able to get up a fell forward. I heard a bit of snickering and turned my head back. I finally spotted her, but it seems like she is fine. "Glad to know you're doing good." I said to her as I rubbed my head. She started to creep out from under the bench, but the impact from the floor got me pretty good. I slowly crawled towards her under the bench. "Hey, are you really fine? I said to her as I slowly approach her.

I smiled at her and took her hand. "Great! It seemed like you were having trouble with that bald player." I said and laugh. I dusted myself off, but I guess there was no point of being aggressive with her. She was just having fun with people. I dusted myself off hand greeted her, "Well, my name is Echo. What's your name? I said to her with a smile.

Hello Echo, I'm Mayonaka! I said, trying not scare him. I looked around, as people began to stare at us. It was an unusual sight to see a boy fall on his face out of the blue, but no one needed to stare. The town seemed a little bit quieter after the stir in the square. It was a normal day today, I tripped someone and ticked someone off. Everything I usually do was done except now I met a new friend.

Mayonaka.. I heard it before. Nah I'm just thinking to much. I thought to myself. "Why hello there, Mayonaka. I'm guessing this is what you like to do everyday?" I said as a joke. The day has fallen and the night has risen. The town has gotten quieter over time, and people around us were just watching us. We chatted for quite some time, and the day was gone. Today, I met a new friend. It's not like I have much friends anyways.

She had to go, so I waved bye to her as she walked into the dark. "See yah, I guess. I said as I put my hand in my pockets. I headed back to where the crowd was and took a seat on the bench and drifted off to sleep. My breathing slowed down and I fell into a deep slumber.

I climbed into my normal resting place, high in the trees and closed me eyes. After closing them I opened them to look down. I steadied my breath and watched as the mysterious figure walked by, heading towards Echo. I quietly got down from the tree and followed behind him. After a few moments still in the field I pulled out my sword and turned to him. When I turned to cut my sword into him I felt a pinch on my neck. His sword was jabbing my throat slowly. I stepped back and clutched my neck. I glared at him and ran under his legs to Echo, trying to outrun him. He followed close behind me as I finally spotted him in the town, but I wasn't in the town yet.. I shook hard and tried to yell for him but felt a pinch in my gut. The man's cursor turned orange, because we weren't in a safe zone anymore and stuck his sword through my side. I yelped and tried to cut into him but missed.

A sense has rushed through my head, and I slowly opened my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and look at the fountain just thinking about how today was hectic. I pulled down my menu and scrolled down my inventory to see I was only equipped with a Steel Sword. "I wonder if Mayonaka is fine. She disappeared into the darkness." I said to myself as I put away my menu. I looked into the fountain once again and see two figures from a distance. I some how enhanced my vision and see that a figure is having a hard time with someone. "W-Wait a minute.. M-May! I'm coming! I said as I dashed my way towards her. I unsheathed my sword and charged my sword skill, 《Midnight Crescent》 and took a slash at him. My sword first went to the left and made a curve towards the bottom right, but he was able to avoid the attack. I grabbed onto May and placed her to the closest tree. "What're you doing out here, silly? I said to her and looked back at the orange player with a death gaze. I gripped tight on my sword at lashed out recklessly to the enemy.

"Stupid meathead blacksmiths...", Calyx muttered to himself. He was still frustrated that he had wasted so much time in the market that afternoon trying to figure out what was going on. The people were so densely packed together and fighting so furiously that even Lockheed hadn't been able to get a good enough aerial view to see what was going on. After about an hour of struggling through the crowd to try to "help" someone, and then another hour of listening to people in order to try to figure out what had happened, Calyx eventually deduced that the initial impetus of the entire debacle was two swordsmith players fighting over who had the higher quality goods. Morons. Determined to get something productive out of this day, Calyx had headed to the outskirts of Starting City to farm a few low level mobs in the surrounding plains. As he was crossing the border out of the safe zone, he spotted a pair of players hiding up in a tree and striking at a PK player at the tree's base. Concerned that someone might actually be in trouble this time, Calyx drew his sword from his back and broke into a run toward them, as Lockheed took flight and glided above.

I saw my chance to get the man and totally ignored Echo's question and jumped off the tree and stuck my sword to the man, waiting for him to give up. I now had him backed against the tree. I was content with the plan until I heard something behind me, I looked back and saw a dragon and a new player approach. That was a mistake though, when I turned back the man grabbed my sword, pulled me close and held the blade to my neck. I struggled to move out of his grasp but his arm was squeezing the life out of my tiny lungs. The blade was slowly cutting into my neck as my eyes widened and looked at Echo. I pleaded in my head for Echo not to come any closer, for he might get hurt.

Mayonaka 14/17