[PP-F1] Catch of The Day |Calyx, Mayonaka, Echo {COMPLETE}

The PK'er now had the girl pinned up against a tree with a knife to her throat; there was no mistaking this situation. There was another player in the tree that seemed to be unharmed and able to help the girl, but Calyx couldn't' even be sure he wasn't with the PK'er. As Calyx closed the distance between himself and the man, he swung Kaeseras at mid-height, hoping to at least distract the man and free the girl.

Battle dice 10(+1)

Calyx attacks for 4 damage

Calyx health: 15/15

Mysterious man's health: 12/20 (since you guys already hit him a couple times)

Calyx's blade struck the man flat, throwing him from the girl and bending his body at an unnatural angle. Had this been one of the nearby low-level monsters, the blow would have easily rent it in two. But this was a player; and not only that, a player that had potentially been able to best another player in combat. Calyx had struck a mighty first blow, but he still needed to be careful; there was no telling what tricks this player had up his sleeve...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the new player move swiftly, with brilliant movements. I, following his lead, stomped on his foot and ducked under the blade. I grabbed my sword off the ground and charged at the Pk'er. Unfortunately he blocked the attack and sent me backwards on my butt.

Mayonaka 14/17

Mysterious man's health: 16/20 (since you guys already hit him a couple times)

Despite having somehow been captured, the little girl was quick. Just before Calyx's sword has made contact, she had used the instant of distraction to free herself, and then dashed over to the man's still-recovering body, picking up her weapon along the way. Unfortunately, her attack was in vain, as the man was able to turn fast enough to block her and send her light little body stumbling backwards. Knowing the man would likely still have fight left in him whether the girl made contact or not, Calyx had rushed in right behind her to take another swing at the man before he was able to get back up off the ground.

Battle dice 4(+1)

Calyx attacks for 0 damage, blocks 0 damage

Mysterious man attacks Calyx for 2 damage

Calyx health: 13/15

Mysterious man's health: 12/20

It seemed as though the man had known Calyx was going to come at him, because just before the blade would have hit, the man rolled forward and drove his shortsword up into Calyx's gut, lifting him up and over the man until Calyx finally landed on his back some distance away.

My eyes filled with rage as the player was sent across the ground with a stomach wound. I rushed at the Pk'er with spite and attacked him. The air was getting colder because night had been here for awhile now.

Mayonaka 14/17

Mysterious man's health: 16/20 (since you guys already hit him a couple times)

I wasn't able to protect May, but a random player was able to save her. "Thank you for saving Mayonaka." I said as I charged my sword skill. "ACTIVE!" 《Midnight Crescent》and swung from the left and curved to the right. Slashing him across the chest, I leaped forward kneeing him in the face. I charged another 《Midnight Crescent》, but was fatigued. The night sky has made it cold for him to get more air into his lungs.

-PARTY-

Echo 7/7

Mayonaka 14/17

Calyx 13/15

-ENEMY-

PKer: 15/20

[1 - 5] MISS

[6 - 8] 1 DMG

[- 9 -] 2 CRIT

[ 10 ] 3 CRIT

Calyx stood back up and turned to see the other two attacking the PK'er. "I guess the other guy really is on our side.", he thought to Lockheed, who circled above. In a pause after the other two players attacks, Calyx quickly made the few strides over to the mysterious man, and held his sword above his head for the half a moment he knew it would take to activate the sword skill. As the great sword glowed blue and began to hum in his hands, he brought down the strike onto the PKer's head to try to help finish him off.

Battle dice 6(+1)

Calyx attacks for 2 damage, blocks 2 damage

Man attacks Calyx for 2 damage (is blocked)

Mayonaka's health: 14/17

Echo's health: 7/7

Mysterious man's health: 8/20

Calyx brought his glowing sword down straight across the man's torso, knocking the wind out of him. He tried to slash at Calyx's legs before Calyx retreated, but his armor stunted the blow.

OOC: I started the man's health off at 16, but then immediately did 4 damage. If you guys are going to list health stats on the page, you should probably edit them as you attack rather than just copying whatever somebody else posted. Also, Echo, your info at the bottom says 2 DMG on a 9 crit and 3 on a 10, but the same crit happens on a 9 and a 10, and it does double whatever your base damage is, which in your case is 1. So your 9 and 10 rolls would both do 2 dmg

I come in swiftly behind him, wanting to land a clean hit on the man. Echo and the other player seemed to have a distinction but I couldn't quite place it. They seemed alike, but different. I wound up, like trying to hit a baseball, my sword. I was ready to hit him.

Battle dice (5+ 1)

Mysterious man's health: 6/20

The man grunted when I landed a hit across his shoulders. I was happy with my hit so I retreated back and waited for another opportunity to attack.

May and the player were able to damage the PKer. My 《Midnight Crescent》was unable to active once again, so I took my sword as dashed towards him, but he dodged and kicked me towards the side. "I can't let you leave alive!" I said as I ran towards him swinging my sword as fast as I could. He was able to avoid all the incoming swings and leaped back and waited for another move. I was out of breathe to attack him once again.

-PARTY-

Echo 7/7

Mayonaka 14/17

Calyx 13/15

-ENEMY-

PKer: 6/20

[1 - 5] MISS

[6 - 8] 1 DMG

[9 10] 2 CRIT

The other two players were making fast work of dispatching this Pk'er, and Calyx wasn't about to miss out on the last of the fun. The man had finally gotten back on his feet, but was distracted fighting off the other two players, so Calyx held his sword out with both hands, parallel to the ground, and waited the half a moment for the sword to begin to hum again as the skill charged. As soon as it was ready, Calyx swung the massive sword toward the man's back with inhuman, System-assisted strength.

Battle dice 3(+1)

Calyx attacks for 0 damage, blocks 0 damage

Man attacks Calyx for 2 damage

Calyx health: 11/15

Mysterious man's health: 6/20

Never to be underestimated, the man bent forward enough as Calyx was swinging to dodge his attack. As he bent back, he whirled around and slashed Calyx across the face with his sword, leaving no armor in the way of his attack.

The next attacks by Echo and the other player were fails. I couldn't help but get a little mad at myself for getting into the mess in the first place. I clutched my sword tighter and climbed up the tree. I waited for the right moment to attack the man. I came down hard on him, causing him to topple over. I sat on his stomach and dug my sword deep into his stomach. After hearing him wince in pain he cut my arm and threw me off of him. He stood over me, ready to kill. I didn't think, I rolled under him and kicked him forward on his face.

Mayonaka's health: 13/17 -1 damage

Mysterious man's health: 5/20 -1 damage (stabbed)

After May successfully stab the PKer, I jumped in and tried to slash him. He once again was able to avoid my attack. I was frustrated that I threw my sword towards the PKer and tackled him. I took a hold of my sword and tried to stab him in the chest, but he kicked me off of him. I rolled over back to May and the random player. I took a position getting ready to strike him once more.

-PARTY-

Echo 7/7

Mayonaka 13/17

Calyx 11/15

-ENEMY-

PKer: 5/20

[1 - 5] MISS

[6 - 8] 1 DMG

[9 10] 2 CRIT

I could feel the tension as Echo came back to my side, ready to attack. I rolled into the area and and sprang up with my sword. I slashed him in the neck and waited for him to attack. I was willing to take a hit so Calyx or Echo could finish him off while he was distracted. The man's sword came directly down my back, which hurt too much. I anticipated them to attack him now.

Mayonaka's health: 10/17 - damage

Mysterious man's health: 5/20 - damage ()

Calyx was glad to have the extra support, and if nothing else the distraction, of the other two players. The two didn't seem to be doing much damage though, so he knew he would need to land another good hit or two. Plus Lockheed would of course be watching, and he was hard enough to impress as it was. The three green players were now side by side, facing off against the mysterious orange man. The other two had just attacked and retreated back to their current positions, so Calyx knew it was his turn. He brought his sword up above his head, waited for the hum, and felt the weight of it carried decisively down on the man's head.

Battle dice 9(+1)

Calyx attacks for 4 damage, blocks 6 damage

Mayonaka's health: 13/17

Mysterious man's health: 1/20

The mystery man raised his sword to block Calyx's attack, but the weight of the System was too much. Kaeseras stuck the man's sword and snapped it in two, shattering it into a thousand fragments of light and bringing the full weight of the greatsword down on the man's unprotected head. He was on the verge of death now, but Calyx was frozen in the cooldown period following the use of a System attack; it would be up to one of the other two to finish the man off.

I felt weak, and I took a charging position. Activating another sword skill would be fatal, but he had to do it to defeat the PKer. "ACTIVE!" 《Midnight Crescent》I said as I dashed towards the PKer. I went to the back of the PKer and raised my sword. My sword glowed as the moon, I slashed him from the left and curved once again to the right. I kicked him towards the floor and point my sword towards the man. "G-Give u-up." I said in a tired tone.

-PARTY-

Echo 7/7

Mayonaka 13/17

Calyx 11/15

-ENEMY-

PKer: 3/20 [Midnight Crescent]

[1 - 5] MISS

[6 - 8] 1 DMG

[9 10] 2 CRIT

As Echo's glowing sword made contact with the near lifeless man, he faltered for a second, and then shattered just like his sword. "Nice hit.", Calyx said to the new mystery man as he nodded his approval. Unfortunately the PK'er hadn't dropped any loot, but that was just as well. One less threat to the safety of everyone in SAO was a reward in and of itself. Calyx returned his sword to his back, and Lockheed descended from the sky to resume his perch atop it.

I ran over to May, "M-May.. Are you hurt anywhere? Let me check!" I said look around May. I gave a slight sigh, and sat down right next to May. "You should be fine, but I think you might need to go to an Inn and rest." I said with a weak smile. I looked towards the random player, "So, who are you? My name is Echo." I said and I pointed towards May, "And over here is the lovely Mayonaka." I said as I rubbed my eyes. The night is still young, but the day was long. I stood up and offered my hand to May. "Come on, I'll take you back to an Inn." I said as I smiled.

The other man didn't answer, but Calyx hadn't seen where the girl had gone off to. "There.", said Lockheed, who had noticed Calyx was looking around for the girl. The dragon pointed with its snout toward a small dark mass on the ground, a few meters away. Calyx walked over to it, and realized it was the girl from before. "Are you okay?", he asked. The other man had rushed over to the girl and was talking quietly to her, but as Calyx walked over to them, the man made introductions, and gave the impression that the other two knew each other from before the encounter. "Hey, I'm... Calyx." Calyx just realized he had never had to introduce himself to anyone by his avatar's name before. It was a strange feeling; it almost felt like lying. "What were you two doing out here at night? It's dangerous, clearly; especially for low-level players."

OOC: fun fact: there's no pain in SAO; it's turned off within the game, so you don't actually feel stabbings and stuff. (Unless you're kirito in a fight with kayaba or something)

I looked up at both of them, great. I knew no pain was actually felt but mentally I could feel it, where and how it would hurt. Yes, I'm okay. I'm not dead am I? I said sarcastically. The player's familiar was the thing that had distracted me in the first place, I told myself. I decided not to say anything because it was also my fault that I got distracted in the first place.

"I like her.", Lockheed thought to Calyx. "Of course you do.", he though back, "It's only because she sassed me." "Come now, would I be that petty?", the dragon thought as he feigned being hurt. "Yes.", Calyx thought tersely.

"I suppose not.", Calyx said out loud to the girl. "Where did that PK come from, anyway?"