[PP-F1] A Surprise (I and Kari)

As I wandered the first floor, I was adjusting my gear, my cross spear over my shoulder, as my hands were hanging over the lnog spears handle. I eventually wandered back into the main plaza, "Lovely, I'm back to ground zero, well I might want to rest abit before I go kill some monsters. I say as I walk to the fountain sideand sit down, I slammed my spears head into the ground and lay down on the hard concrete. I lay there and close my eyes, "I hope Kari is safe back at home, god knows that shes crying her head off that I can't come home. I say to myself and listen to nothing around me.

A small girl skipped down to the other side of the fountain and sit down. The girl sat her small sword down by her and whistled a familiar song as she swayed to the song and kicked her feet back and forth. Kari was happy to finally begin her journey in Aincrad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuikLW_OATA (Song she whistles to)

As I lay there I hear a familiar song being whistled, as I was half asleep now, "Nhgh... wha... wheres that comin from?" I say to myself as I hear it comin from the other side of the fountain, Psst, hey can you keep it down please, im trying to get some sleep here." I say as I roll back onto my right side and try to go back to sleep. "I hope I can get some sleep." I thought as i wasn't certain what to do afterward.

I had fallen asleep that night, and when I woke up, it was about dusk, I then get up and begin the walk away, as I wander the town once again, this time I was lokoing at the shops, and various other areas. When I looked up, it was about 8:00 am in the morning, so i was about to go to the fields, when i saw a little girl lying on the ground. "Hey you okay?" I asked as I was concerned, when i got to her, my eyes went big, "Ka..Kari?" "What are you doing here?" I was shocked and concerned for this was not good.

As I sit down and order a Club for Kari, I send the money to the waitress and then look at Kari, "Kari, now listen to me very closely now, why are you here, I thought you were with father and mother back in Germany, did you all come to Japan just to visit me?" I say as I was a little frusterated now, "Kari in a death game, not good at all, I won't let her get hurt ever." I thought as I knew she couldn't leave my side, she always followed me where ever I went, even in here, she found a way to find me and be with me once again.

Kari shook her head as if saying no. "No. Daddy got me the headgear when i heard you weren't coming home for my birthday. So I was able to talk mommy and daddy into letting me come and find you. I...missed you." Her voiced rasped in the end and she shook, letting her emotions get the better of her. "I know it wasn't smart of me to come in here. Daddy said it was and he said if I went....I may never see them again. He said that mommy would split up and find where you were living and be by you until you wake. I'm sorry. I didn't know this game was so dangerous. But i know you'll protect me and i'll protect you! Cause i'm strong! I wont let anything hurt you!" Kari explained, making a complete one-eighty with her mood and imitating Eren Jagger's army pose from Attack on titan.

As I see this, I smile, "Kari, thats what makes you my best little sister, your always in the best of moods, and are always helping others." I say as I place my hand in her headm and pat it, as I knew that would follwo me to the ends of the earth just to see me. As I lift my hand I then look at her, "So you wanted to see me again, I'm sorry about not coming home for your birthday, I was really busy here, I recently got a job at a gaming company here in Japan." "And they wanted a person who had some military background to help them out."

"Thank god I went in to the military at the age of 18, well I can't complain that I suffered a leg injury, well anyway Kari, you know that happens if you die here, we both need to be careful." I say in a concerned voice as I then continued again, "It means that you and I need to be with each other even more now, I don't want to lose you." I say a sI smile at her an pat her head again and rub it, ?Your my little sister, and I won't anyone hurt you ever, I never have." I say with a smile on my face, "Well at least I won't be alone here ans worring about Kari, beacuse she's with me."

Kari smiled and giggled as her older brother was patting her head. She always loved his big hands. They were tough and soft at the same time. His smile was like a star in the night sky and the way Kari followed was like a duck with its mama. This may be the last time Kari is ever to see her brother again. So she pulled through her inventory and selected <> and gave it to him. The "toy" was a small white rubber duck with a yellow beak. She laughed and said in a cherry voice "This is for you. I found it at a small market a while back. This little ducky reminded me of when you squeaked Mimi and chased me around, trying to get me to go to bed. I loved Mimi. So you can have Mimi number two!"

As I see the Mimi replica show up, I chuckle, "Your right Karkar, I always did do that, I miss this very much." "Thank you Kari, I will keep Mimi 2 safe." I say as I take Mimi 2 and set her in my inventory, as I look back up at Kari, "So Kari ehat you wanna go do now, I don't mind if we just stare at the sky like we use to or sleep all day." "At least something to do with you would be nice." I say as i was happy that my little sis was back with me.

I smile, as I knew this was her usual routine, "Ok, we'll go hand out in the field, and stare at the sky." "Come on Kari, your big brother will protect you from the badies out there." I said with a smile in my face, as I get up and begin to walk Kari out of the shop, my tab already paid for, we both get into the plaza, when I turned to Kari. "Kari, want a piggy back ride?" I say to her as I knew she loved to be in my shoulders, the view I gave her was the best, my smile was big and I was happy again, as I wait for her responce.

She smiled and said "Yes!..please?" She saw him turn around and climbed onto her brother's back and rested her head on his back, holding shoulders. She smiled again, feeling the warmth and falls asleep.

They arrive at the field and she was woken up by the wind and rubbed her eyes. "Are we there yet?" She sleepily asked.

I turn my head and smile, "Yeah were here, take a look will ya." I say as I help her up above my head, as she was sitting on my shoulders, a large valley was in front of us. It had many hills and slopes and was covered in various flower beds, this was the only part of Floor One that had this. "A buddy of mine gave me this location, he found it on one of his solo missons." "Next time we met him you have thank him okay, his name is Artorias." I say to her as we look at the field of flowers, I smile as I look up, "Come on Karkar, lets go check it out." I say, we walk down the hillside and reach the flower beds as I let Kari down, "There you go kiddo, have fun." I say as I see a patch of blue roses, my eyes widen as I bend down and look at it, "Amazing, never thought I would see this flower again, lovely blue rose." I say as I sit down and lean back as I look up at the sky.

I smiled, "Of course Kari, if we survive all 100 floors, then yes we can, besides you big brother is here to protect you, I wont anything happen to you Kair, and you know that." I say as I was now sitting down next to her and leaning back, using my hands as a lever, I leand on them and stare at the sky. "Remember Kari, you and I are Leo's and we Leo's are strong and brave, nothing will happen if we stay together." My voice calm and quite, and not loud and booming, I knew how to talk around Kari as I knew everything about her.