[PP-F7] Two Steps from Hell (Ravven)

Argumail walked into the snow. He looked at the azure sky while the setting sun came to meet it. He buried his head deep in his hood. The cold began to come his shoes. He need to get off of the snow but, He was look for the Nocturnon's counterpart. Diurnalia, the labyrinth that extended wide below the mountain. He saw a figure in the horizon. "Hey you there...."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravven stood on the mountain, looking at the ground far below and studied the massive labyrinth below him. He breathed out to calm himself. "This air really is cold," he thought to himself. "I should have brought a heavier cloak with me..."

He knew it was foolish of him to come up to such a high floor, at least high for him. However staying in the Town of Beginnings for so long had caused him to feel the need to explore to make up for all the time he had wasted in the starting zone. He wasn't planning on fighting anything up here, but it was still dangerous to be up here alone.

Someone called out from just slightly further down the mountain. Ravven turned and he saw a player making their way towards him. He couldn't tell much about them yet, but saw they had a hood up, hiding their face.

"Who might you be stranger?" Ravven called out to the player making their way towards him.

Argumail was quite surprised that another human being had made all the way up here... with such a light cloak. He walked around him examining every inch. " Yes... Yes... How you like to go on a adventure, Master Baggins?". He smiled and turned in the direction of labyrinth. He had come here to the Diurnalia, so that he could find one and do it solo, but instead he found a partner.

[i'm fine with monsters although they'd need to be a bit light due to my lack of equitment and levels]

Ravven took in the mans appearence and then gazed down at the labyrinth once more. He considered the mans offer. On one hand, he wasn't really prepared for such an adventure, on the other he was curious to see what was in the labyrinth.

Looking up at the man Ravven said, "Very well, I'm quite interested to see what is in that complex. Although I'm not particuarly strong so I don't know if I'll be but so much help to you, but I'll do what I can. My name is Ravven by the way."

Ravven gave a slight smile at the enthusiastic introduction and noticed Argumail had a strong grip.

When his hood blew back for a moment, Ravven noticed the scars on his face but made no comment. "Must have had a rough life." Ravven thought to himself.

"So, Argumail. What has brought you to this place? Are you searching for something in particular in the labyrinth or are you just exploring it?" Ravven brushed a few flakes of snow from his head as he said this.

Argumail smiled and laughed," Well, a month ago I was trapped in a maze called the Nocturnon. A fantastic place really, but after I escaped it made me think there had be a counterpart."

Argumail started down the mountain side and he paused," Why are you here I would think that the Aooni josei would be a little got of your price range?"

Ravven looked slightly confused at Argumails second question and said, "What's the Aooni Josei? I've never heard of something by that name before."

As Argumail started down the mountain, Ravven followed, although at a careful pace as the path down was rather steep. "At least there isn't too much ice." Ravven thought. "Otherwise this would be nearly impossible to climb down without equiptment."

" The Aooni Josei is a demon that lives in the center of the mountain. It's not like other monster though it attacks your psychic not you physical body. I faced it sister Reddosabeji and it wasn't hard but, there is a chance she might attack." Argumail said and stopped then he looked at him," But the road to Aooni Josei is not a easy one there are Diurnalio, light ethereal monsters."

He stopped and sniffed the air," We got a bogee coming in hot. Ready yourself."

Ravven listened to the explanation and nodded curtly when it was over. However, Ravven looked slightly uneasy when Argumail mentioned that it attacked its targets psychic.

"A demon that doesn't use physical attacks... Well, if I plan on progressing I'll end up meeting such creatures eventually, better to prepare myself now than run into one later unprepared."

As Argumail mentions that something was drawing near Ravven can faintly hear something coming towards them from below.

Ravven gave a worried glance towards Argumail as he was knocked to the ground by the creature. However, Ravven quickly focused on the threat at hand. He gave the Snow Angel a flat look before running towards her.

He did a spinning slash with his dagger aiming for the Snow Angels side. The slash connected leaving a smash gash in the monsters side. Ravven quickly rolled away from the monster after making his attack.

Argumail 13/15

Ravven 11/11

Enemy

Snow angel 6/8

Ravven was briefly distracted by the level up sound and he glanced at his level bar noticing he had leveled up. "A fortunate time to level," he thought. Ravven then turned his gaze on the monster once more. While Ravvens face remained mostly impassive, his eyes now had an underlying anger in them.

He ran towards the monster and leapt at it with his dagger, ramming the blade into its side. The force of the attack causes the Snow Angel to stubble backwards a few steps.

"And that's what you get for hurting my party member you nasty thing," Ravven muttered under his breath.

Argumail 11/15

Ravven 13/13

Enemy

Snow Angel 4/8

Ravven nodded in respect at Argumails familiar as it destroyed the monster.

"That's quite a strong familiar you have there," Ravven said to Argumail.

Ravven looked at the longsword for a moment before speaking. "I'll pass on that, but thanks for the offer. If we happen to find a dagger though I'll be interested."

[OOC]

{Alright}

Argumail drop the blade," Well I don't want it." as the blade hit the ground it transport them to the front of the maze and then shattered. "Well Hell!" Argumail laughed, "We should have just done that in the first place." He looked at the ground and saw runes," Watch your step, if you ever played that recto game Skyrim that you know these things are bad news."

Ravven looked at the runes curiously. "Are they traps of some kind or do they indicate an enemy is up ahead or something?"

Deciding to be on the safe side, Ravven only stepped where Argumail was stepping just incase they were traps.

"Is this demon ahead a boss or just a beefy normal monster," Ravven asked Argumail as they walked through the maze entrance.

"Well, this'll be the first boss I've faced yet," Ravven commented as he followed Argumail, leaping from unmarked stone to unmarked stone.

"A Diurnalio Juggernaut eh? Sounds difficult to kill just from hearing the name." Ravven mused as he continued follow Argumail.

Ravven thought he could hear something from far ahead, it was a faint but steady sound. "Do you hear anything from up there?" Ravven asked Argumail as they continued foward.