Twinblade Weapon Idea

Should we have it?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have it?

• Yes this is a good idea
    • Maybe
    • No your out of your mind

Okay this is and Idea I wanted to imput before I die here, it's one that was really bugging me. Could we possibly get a weapon approval for a weapon that I saw in Dark Souls 2, called a Twinblade. Now the whole purpose of the Twinblade is a weapon that uses alot of circular movements to hit the opponenet, I was hoping that a misson would be the most appropriate way of learning it. The purpose of this misson to fight a single opponent a two headed Ice Troll, and afterward you need learn the skill from a NPC in the game, and you would need at least a 2 pages for the obtainment of the extra skill. I would like the skill to be <>

The Twinblade is more along the lines of a two handed weapon, it's a staff with a blade on the end of each shaft, it's quite a interesting weapon and can be quite deadly if used correctly.

480-768-dg15004fixa.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sword Skill

(All info has been edited now, colors of skills are included, damage output as well as cool down rates.) 8/06/2014 1:50 Pm (Central Time; Pensacola Fl.)

<> A 4 hit combo that causes 4 points of damage, where the player spins in a circular motion and strikes the opponent with the two ends of the weapon in a slashing downward then upward. Every action afterward is in a up, down, up, down sequence. The color of the skill when active is Violet, the cool down rate is 6 turns.

<> A 3 hit combo that causes 3 points of damage, the player charges at the opponent with the end of their weapon, and the then bring the blade back up and slashes two more times with the two ends in a circular motion. The color of the skill when active is Sapphire Blue, the cool down rate is 5 turns.

<> A 2 hit combo that causes 2 points of damage, the player attacks the opponent with the ends of the weapon in a circular pattern. The color of the skill when activated is Emerald Green, the cool down rate is 4 turns.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now the quest for the <>

Quest/Misson: Twinblades? What is Twinblades?

Giant_two-headed_troll.JPG

A new skill has been developed by the NPC's of AIncrad, this skill was dicovered by a info broaker, as it showed that the NPC was wielding a staff like weapon with a blade on each side. The NPC has called it <>, and is offering anyone who wishes to learn it to come to floor 4, and kill a two headed ice troll called <>, he has 50 Hp and can cause 2 points of damage at all times. The NPC that developed the skill is called <>, he is asking anyone to kill <> for his entire farm was destroyed by this monstroucity of nature. As the reason why <> hasn't killed <> is simple, he is far to weak and has not fighting skills, he promises to teach anyone who wishes to learn the skill, so long as the troll is killed. This quest can be taken once as your own misson, you can aid other players here, but you gain nothing but the EXP from the misson. This is a extra skill that you can take after reaching level 3 in the Two-handed Assault Spear class.

Enemy: Grenak

Hp: 50

Base Attack: 2 points

Damage Intake: A 6 or higher on BD rolls.

Damage Reduction: Roll a 6 normal damage, a 7 or higher, you cause -1 to him in damage.

Requirements/Protocols:

Minumum 2 pages.

Maximum of 3 people.

Reward: <> <>

Weapon Name: Twin Sever

Weapon Type: Twinblade

Descrption: A weapon obtained completing Twinblades? What is Twinblades? As it was given to the person who undertook the quest to kill <> The Ice Troll by <>. It's design changes depending on the wielders desire.

Value: Uncommon

Enchantments: +1 to Combat Die

Edited info has been added, i would like the Troll to be a GM controlled boss. As well as level restriction has been lowered to level 5 now, if you all wish for it to be removed, post here and I'll remove level restriction.

So «Grenak» is considered a field boss on the fourth floor, or its just another boss for a quest. Like the «Secret Medicine of the Forest». Just curious about it.

He is a reacurring boss, who soul purpose is to be a monster that players go after, once you kill him, you can't take the quest again, but you can aid another player in it, even if you have beaten him before. SO you could say he's a mini boss that appears only on floor 4, for he is a Ice Troll. Now I will edit the topic even more, adding more detail to it and other various info now thank you Echo.

It's an idea... Kinda like a double edged spear, could be an extra skill instead like katana. You get level 3 on spear use and get this quest unlocked or something. I'm more interested in canon ideas but I'm also open minded about this so I'll stand on this fence like a pro.

How would the <> act in the quest? HP amount? Base DMG output? DMG soak parameters? What ranks would this sucker have if any in armor? Make this information in a nice neat list for quick reference if you please.

It's an idea... Kinda like a double edged spear, could be an extra skill instead like katana. You get level 3 on spear use and get this quest unlocked or something. I'm more interested in canon ideas but I'm also open minded about this so I'll stand on this fence like a pro.

How would the <> act in the quest? HP amount? Base DMG output? DMG soak parameters? What ranks would this sucker have if any in armor? Make this information in a nice neat list for quick reference if you please.

Well... yes and no on that part, the Twinblade is a weapon designed for both parts, its more along the lines of a slashing and cuttling weapon. But you can still attack as a spear, it's not a hybrid, god no, its a entirely new weapon on its own, check out the Dark Souls 2 wiki, and see how it functions. You can also think of Death Maul in Star Wars, that is another demistration of a Twinblade type weapon, just not all glowy or techy either.

Now as for <>, he is a aggresive monster who has 50 HP, he causes 2 points of damage in each attack, he wears no armor, but his skin is tough and you do normal on a regular attack, but a -1 on anything abovea 7 on the BD. So the hits that require to land clean hits are a 6 and higher on your BD rolls.

Edit: New information has been added to the quest, Grenaks Hp, Atk, what it takes to hit him, and how much damage he can take.

OOC: i rolled a BD 10, so i critically comment

I like this idea, obviously dark souls 2 inspired. However i agree with Miaki, it should be an extra skill like «Katana» is to solidify its uniqueness if not «Unique», also from the weapons use pattern it stems from a staff attack pattern in a rotating flurry of blows. SAO's closest effect to that would be re-positioning spears so I would say just like Miaki did that it would/should require rank 3 spear wielding to learn.

I like this idea, obviously dark souls 2 inspired. However i agree with Miaki, it should be an extra skill like «Katana» is to solidify its uniqueness if not «Unique», also from the weapons use pattern it stems from a staff attack pattern in a rotating flurry of blows. SAO's closest effect to that would be re-positioning spears so I would say just like Miaki did that it would/should require rank 3 spear wielding to learn.

I understand this, very well i will edit again and say that it is a extra skill for the Two-handed Assault spear. Give me a few minutes to readjust my info and I will still take more ideas and comments in the topic.

Edit: New info has been added, the weapon is now considered a Extra Skill for the Two-Handed Assault Spear.

I want dis. I want dis a lot. But I don't want to spec into spear skills just to get it, and in reality spears are used more as a charging weapon than anything. Personally I believe it's closer to a two-handed sword in use, than a spear. I use a greatsword and it requires a hell of a lot more fancy swishing than a spear. Maybe I'm just ranting but to me it's like saying a shuriken is closer to a stabbing knife than a throwing knife.