[PP-F4] Snow Way Out (Keith, Cicila, Mavis)

Guest Keith

Keith was taking a day off. Maverick activity was low, no new floors had been sighted, and there wasn't much else he could do alone. He could train, but all work and no play is just way too boring. Keith looked through his friends list for someone he could hang out with. Cici. He was sure she liked snow. He kept looking and then saw Mavis. After the things she had been through, she could really use a play day. Poor girl. "Hey you two! Wanna come to the o-so-lovely winter wonderland and make a snowman or build snowforts or something else snow related? Hope you can come!"Keith sent the message along with directions and sat down at the inn he was at, waiting for the two.

WillowJune and I were playing a game of tag when I got a message from Keith. I read it over and grinned. "Of course I wanna go." I exclaimed. Luckily, I was already on the fourth floor since I always had problems with the teleporters.

I was currently wearing my white dress with dark, forest green flames licking the hem of the skirt, sleeves, and neckline. The sleeves went down to my elbows and the skirt almost touched the ground. Over that, I wore my forest green cloak that has a spring grass green Celtic symbol in the middle of the back and on the hood right at my forehead over it. You can only see my nose and mouth when I wear it, since the hood covers my eyes. Normally people don't recognize me as me in it, but I tend to forget this. I was still barefoot, as I refused to buy shoes.

Following the instructions that I'd memorized from Keith's message, I swiftly arrived at the Inn. Pattering up to the person at the desk, I jumped to tap the little desk bell and get his attention. "Is Keith staying here today?" I asked, smiling.

Cicila traveled through the first floor after a day of performing and got the message. She wore her shoulder-less white dress with a victorian style ribbon wrapping around the top. The dress streatched to the knees and she wore shoes to match. Her hair was in braid that wrapped around the base of her head and made a cute little braid in the back.

She smiled and replied "Sure...be there soon." and changed in her room that she was staying in that day.

Cici changed into a black short, strapless dress with red ribbon tracing the top and bottom of the dress with red gloves. She wore a black fluffy zip up jacket that went down to her waist with red accent around the hood. Cicila also had long thigh-high black socks with red ribbon at the top, just like her dress and black boots with red zippers and red laces. Her hair was in the same style as before but he put her hood up when she entered the fourth floor then followed the directions to the hotel her husband was staying in.

Keith heard the bell ring and saw little Mavis at the counter. "Hey there kiddo! Glad you could make it!" He exclaimed with a smile, sitting up from his chair and walking over to the young player. As he walked over, out of the corner of his eye, he saw Cicila had arrived to. "Well hey-howdy-ho! What's up Cici?" He said, keeping his usual upbeat smile as the three were now gathered. "Alrighty! Since we're all here, I have all sorts of fun things planned we could do. But first... I don't know where we should go do them. Mavis, you know any place with areas for playing at?" keith asked, hoping the toddler would know good places to play. Provided, she had been on this floor before.

I stuck my tongue out slightly and tried to remember a good play spot. "Well, there are the Burrows and the Tag Tangle, but you're too big for them. Hmm.... Huh? Willow? What is it?" I asked my stuffie friend, lifting her up higher so she could whisper in my ear. "What? ... There? ... That's true, but what about- ... Oh, that's right! So it's settled then? ... Great!" I gave Willow a hug and smiled up at Keith and Cicila. "How about Snow Drift Pond?" I asked, using WillowJune's suggestion. "It's got lots of snow and the water's frozen all the way across today! Though, there are a few ditches to watch out for so you don't get buried under the snow, but Willow and I know where most of them are! Oh, and if there's a snowball fight, there's a pile of rocks on both sides!" I was practically bouncing off of the walls from excitement, making my cloak's hood fall down.

Keith thought for a bit and then gave a nod and a smile. "Sounds totally sweet! So it's decided then. Mavis can lead us there and we can have fun in the snow. Mavis, lead the way!" Keith said with a smile, opening up the door for the two and getting ready to go along with them to the super-fun snow land Mavis talked about.

I skittered out of the doorway and turned left. I turned back to make sure that Keith and Cicila were following, then skipped down the street towards the next corner on the right and turned again. Continuing down the road, I hopped into a small plaza and ran towards the town entrance. After glancing back at the others again, I followed the road a short ways before pattering off to the right again. "We're almost there," I exclaimed, walking into the forest. I weaved through the trees and went by the Mountain Castle, a big rock that some of the kids played king of the mountain on. A patch of prickle bushes came into view and I halted. "We're just have to get past the pokey bushes to the rock wall over there then we're at Snow Drift Pond," I explained, beaming at Cicila and Keith. "There's a huge hole covered by that tree in the back that leads to the pond."

Cicila was out of breath when Mavis explained that they were almost there. She looked at Keith and smiled weakly and asked "Can i...rest for a few. I..i'm not a great runner..." In breaths, she sat down and went through her inventory to find a water canteen and drank it till it was half gone before breathing again.

Keith came to a halt and looked over his shoulder at Cicila. "Aw man.... Alright. Take five." Keith's all-time favorite passion was running. He really ran a lot. No joke. But if Cicila wanted to take a break, then he would stop for her. Mavis more than likely had enough energy to run around Aincrad and then some. "Hey Mavis, hold up! We're taking a break!" He called ahead, bringing out some picnic supplies for them. Keith's cooking skill was a: Meh/10, he was about average. He had prepared sandwhiches and and drinks for the three, and he set them out for lunch.

I looked back at Cicila, who was drinking water like her life depended on it, then at Kieth. "Alright!" I called back to them and looked one last time at the path ahead of me. I turned away from it and sat down next to Cicila while Kieth pulled out lunch. He brought sandwiches and drinks along. "Any lemonade?" I asked Keith.

(Your profession is tailoring, not cooking. You shouldn't be able to make sandwiches unless you have that as your profession.)

• 3 weeks later...

Keith was eating at a million miles per hour and then choked slightly when Cicila asked the question. He hit his chest a few times and then began breathing again, quickly getting to the topic. "I-I have an idea! Let's play Change the Subject! I'll go first! Look at my Carbuncle!" Keith said, holding out the small creature and handing it to Mavis. He then leaned over to Cicila and whispered. "Some pretty bad stuff happened to her. We can talk about it another time, but I don't want to re-open any wounds."

Hearing Cicila's question made my mind go blank and I flinched away as a memory hit me. I was about to answer when suddenly, Keith interrupted my train of thought and thrust his Carbuncle into my arms and I blinked at the colourful familiar. I placed my left hand on the Carbuncle's head and began petting it's periwinkle coat. "It's so soft and cute! What's it's name?" I wondered, forgetting that I still hadn't answered Cicila's question.

Cicila frowned at the answer Keith gave her. It was so sad that it brought a tear to her eye. She sat there eating a sandwich and then drank some of her water, seeing Mavis pet the carbuncle. She smiled, as the memory of a small, happy girl reminded her of her family picnic weekends and camp weeks in the real life. Cici felt a little sad and worrisome about her family and what they must be going through that she had tears steaming down her face without her knowing.

"His name's Ruby!" Keith said to Mavis, as she snuggled the small Carbuncle. Keith then looked over to Cicila and saw she had started crying slightly. "Hey... Don't cry... Today's a good day, remember?" He said with a smile, wiping away a tear from CIcila's cheek. "Now, who wants to go try some ice fishing?" Keith asked, standing up after finishing his food.

"Ruby? Hi Ruby! You're sooooo cute," I exclaimed before hugging the familiar. It reminded me of hugging a cat. Wait. Did he say ice finshing?! I quickly looked up and began to shoot a barrage of questions at Keith and Cicila. "Ice fishing? What's that? Is it like normal fishing? Do I have to fish? I get so bored! Can I just play in the snow instead? Or on the ice? Please?" Since I really didn't want to end up fishing, I decided to use my best puppy dog eyes and said an extra please.