[PP-F9] 9th Floor Scouting

After Nikki helped him to his feet he couldn't help but feel a small stab at his pride from taking such a hard hit. But the feel of Nikki's lips on his cheek made him forget about it all. He smiled instead and brushed himself off. "I didn't get a good look at who gave the final hit but..." He looked in the direction of where the mini-boss came from and saw a large door. "I've found our door! Come on!" Miaki rushed towards the door and examined the tall stone entrance. It lacked a door handle and only had a bull's head as a center piece. "Ummm Nikki, how do you suppose we open this thing?" He asked rather confused. It seemed like something was missing from the bull but he couldn't quite place his finger on it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Uhmmm... I was the one who landed the final hit." I said shyly a bit, while brushing my white hair off my face. "The item..." I open my HUD, select the inventory, look through it and select the <>. I materialize it in my hand."It's this... And it seems like it can be placed... there..." I say while i calmly walk to the door, placing the ring in bull head nose. "This should do this." She calmly finished the placing. "So? Can i open it?" I turn arround on the rest of the party.

YUnah had been staring off into space and only payed attaention when she noticed the Enter party was gone. She ran forwards quickly catching up to them in front of a Massive door. the Door had a bull's head on it and a girl was placing a ring in the nose. then she asked if she could open it. she assumed Miaki would say yes but she didn't want to give that command and so she simply stood there and waited for the door to open.

OOC: wow sorry i missed the fight i was gone for a little bit and soooo much happened

Watching Charlotte defeat the massive beast made Hikari's face return to normal, a slight smile still visible. Turning towards Charlotte, Hikari gave her a quick thumbs-up before turning towards Miaki when she heard his announcement. In awe of the massive stone door, a bull's head standing on its center, until Charlotte ran up and placed the ring on it and asked if she could open it. Cautious, Hikari had no problem as long as the party just investigated what was on the other side. Ultimately deciding to let Miaki decide, Hikari relaxed and sheathed her sword, leaning on the wall next to the door.

((OOC: When the door is open we will have a posting order in place. It will prevent the Boss from one hitting anyone, and give us all a chance to get in and look around. Everyone is needed to make their post entering the room, get as much detail as you can, be it looking at the monster or surroundings or anything like that, then teleport back to floor 4 for safety. No one is to engage the boss aside from myself as I have the armor to stop it in its tracks, lets not be tardy however as I don't even know whats behind this door, and I don't want my character to be killed.

Door Opens. Nikki, The Boss, Charlotte, Elessar, Hikari, Clarence, Yunah, Haine, Miaki, Nikki (To teleport out)))

Nikki smiled at the girl. Well, since you killed the beast, its yer item, go ahead and open the door." As she spoke she readied herself, gripping her spear tightly and raising her blade shield. "Let me pull agro guys... This way no one gets put in danger." She sounded different now, confident, hardened, like for her this was all that existed. In her mind it was all that was here, and she would protect these players till the bitter end. She was ready now, waiting for Charlotte to open the door.

"Okay then... I will open it." I answer, while turning arround. A moment of silence. Inhale... Exhale... Inhale... Exhale... and then, Charlotte slowly opened the door, revailing the secrets behind it. What will we find, she wonders?

(OOC - I'm realy sorry for the short post... i can't make a poem about opening a door ^^.)

"Alright lets get this done... Keep it clean, in and out. No stragglers." She called out as she charged through the open door. The room was black it was like no light had ever entered here, like no light could. It smelled of brimstone and sulfur stinging her nose and making her eyes water. She ran until she found what she thought to be the center. The tank stopped here and looked around, trying to see any glimpse of what was hidden, but to no avail. She would have to activate the boss , make it come to them. She didn't wait for anyone else to enter the room, before taking a deep breath. Nikki held it for a few moments before releasing it in another earth shaking howl. It echoed violently all around the room.

The howl ended and Nikki stood as her group entered behind her. "Stick to the walls and be careful" She instructed sharply.

+3 Hate generated on all creatures in the room.

Nikki has Agro.

((OOC: wait fer the boss now. I have PMed a GM about this so it shouldn't be too long.))

(OOC: You can post about from the point the door is opening til you teleport out. What this is basically is everyone sees the boss and runs away after learning about it. You can do whatever you want so long as you end it with a teleport out. The thread will be closed after the final post from Nikki takes place. Ultimately, anyone can post in any order after the boss is revealed. But it will end with Nikki so make sure you atleast do that. We're aiming to have this closed by tomorrow so if you see the boss revealed then post at some point before myself and Nikki close the thread around this time tomorrow. Any questions can be PM'd to me. For an example of what we are aiming for then view the

previous floor scouting party. -PST Miaki)

The giant door swings inward, revealing a hellish landscape that is right out of a nightmare. The floor is cracked and broken forming a half moon caldera around a lake of magma bubbling into the room. The heat is intense, and you can see that most of the remaining floor is in danger of being overtaken by the magma. For a long moment, all is still save the shimmer of heat playing above the molten rock, until....

An explosion of magma as something huge stirs beneath the lake of molten rock, revealing a long serpentine neck, atop which a draconic head peers down at the group, baleful eyes gleaming like white hot metal in it's sockets. Opening jagged jaws the creature looses a shrieking roar, as 3 more heads burst from the magma, and the Molten Hydra pulls itself half out of the Magma, supporting it's behemoth weight on 2 heavily clawed front legs. Unlike previous bosses, the 4 health bars are not stacked, each head appears to have it's own health bar...

Opening their jaws, each head shrieks a war cry before loosing a jet of flame. Nikki is not within range, so they do not target her. However, it is quickly apparent that this is no job for a single tank. Each individual head has it's own Hp, and apparently it's own means of attack. A single tank, no matter how well prepared, would be overwhelmed and left a charred husk not by the upfront damage, but by the DoT from the 4 Hydra Head's fearsome flames.

Yunah burst into the room right after nikki, she took in everything that she could see. Magma, heat, little place for a person to stand let alone fight. Then something Shrieked, this sent shivers down the quiet girls spine. she looked up to see something that appeared to be snake like appeared from the lava lake in the Center, Yunah felt cold instantly, her fear of worms begining to edge it's way in, although this wasn't a worm but it was sure close, so the fear wasn't enough to paralyse her but it was damn close. She saw three more appear each with it's own HP bar. Yunah held out her Teleportation crystal, "Teleport! floor four!" she said stuttering to get the words out as she vanished. Once she was at the fourth floor she keeled out, down on her hands and knees and stared at the group with a pale face, cold sweat dripping down her. then she threw up.

Anxiously awaiting the door's opening, Hikari was already expecting something like lava or fire to adorn this floor's arena, though she never quite expected it would be completely covered by them, leaving only a sketch of land available for standing. The boss emerging from the depths of the lava startled Hikari, one of its heads gazing straight into her eyes. "W-what the hell?!" Horrified but interested in its attack power, Hikari swung around the outer wall, trying to estimate its total health for each of its head. The numbers were blurry and messy, making even Hikari's above-average sight unable to read it. "Damn it..." Grabbing a teleport crystal and quickly shouting before the boss could try to attack her. "Teleport, Snowfrost town!" A radiant blue light enveloping her, Hikari was quickly transported to the fourth floor, where she awaited her comrades, hoping they'd be safe.

Eléssar went in right after Yunah and Hikari, he was both curious and excited about the boss. Expecting to find a monster covered in fire, lava or just another elemental monster: he was surprised to see this giant creature from Greek mythology. '' Only one head..? Well.. Thats a bummer..'' he mumbled to himself right before the other four head burst from magma. His eyes wide open, every muscle in his body refusing his orders to run away or scream. He was completely frozen. Unwillingly he moved a couple steps backs after its tremendous roar and slwoly lifted his shaking hand in the air to use his teleport crystal. Quickly obvserving the area around them before leaving he wanted get as much as information he could get. Just like the rest of the floor, boss room was covered with lava and the monster was standing on magma ground.. It was going to be really hard for them to fight on such surface. He was finally able to look at the monster, it was right when the hp bars appeared near their heads. Each of them had their own hp bar.

Now, they had to leave before getting attacked. Eléssar was the third one to leave right after Yunah and Hikari. Lifting his teleport crystal before he yelled. '' Teleport..! Floor four! ''

After Charlotte opened the door, she looked arround quickly. She was curious about how would the boss looking. But she never expected something like this, and this hellish nightmare. Intense heat, molten rock, and magma. An there, the Molten Hydra. "What a hell of a beast..." She said to herself while calming her body and mind, her white hair was fluttering in the wind arround her. She grinned widely as the fire and heat was reflecting in her red eyes, making her look like a god of war. Then she finally heared the voices of her friends arround her, as they are teleporting to the floor four. She checked the monster once more. "Hp bar for each head, huh? You sure are troublesome." She said to herself while raising the hand with teleport crystal. "Teleport, Snowfrost town!" She yelled before she dissappeared.

[OOC]

Haine froze in place, her eyes widening in shock. She'd gulp nervously and stare at the enormous and DEADLY foe. Just the site of this all made her hesitate for a moment. But... she wouldn't be a coward, she'd only do her best to clear these floors. This was a first for Haine... she had come to actually realize how dangerous things could get as time went by. This whole time she was rarely serious about almost anything that would cross her path, being so happy-go-lucky about everything. But now things had to change. Anytime soon she'd be fighting this creature, and she needed to level as much as she could before it was the day. Her breath ragged and her palms sweaty, she sprinted out of the boss room and far away. "I need that cold snow!" Quietly the bluenette took out a teleporting crystal and crushed it at the ground. "T-Teleport: Floor four..."

"Oh.....My....God." The words come out of my mouth as I step into the hellish landscape. What hits me first is the over whelming heat radiating from the room and the massive hydra like creature. I start seeing people teleport to the Fourth Floor and I decide to join them, the cooler temperature would probably help so I don't get second degree burns just from the suffocating air."I would love to stay and be killed by the heat alone but I kind of want to live. Have fun you two." I give a wink to Miaki (OOC These events happened after my Familiar quest so he knows I know of the marriage)."Teleport Floor Four, Main City!" I yell out those words with a teleport crystal out and I explode into a million blue crystals.

Nikki lead the charge into the room and used her howl skill to draw the attention of the boss. Nothing happened at first and he simple looked around quickly for a boss to appear. The room was stifling. The heat made it hard to breath and the sweat made his eyes sting a little. Then the ground vibrated as the serpentine head emerged from the molten magma. Now it was time to get business done and analyze the boss.

A name appeared over the creature's body it read <>. Miaki started darting around the room first learning more about the terrain. He needed to be able to describe the room in detail. Unstable ground that could easily break from attacks and the possibility of fire shooting out of the magma. The ceiling could also maybe drop rocks on them. 'Okay, what are you monster?' He thought running closer to the beast. '<>... Four heads with their own health bars... Probably spews fire out as a main attack. This'll be interesting.'

Checking on everyone he saw the last of the party teleport out and vanish from his party list. All that remained was himself and Nikki who was egging the beast on more keeping it's attention. "EVERYONE IS OUT NIKKI! We're clear! Ready when you are!" He yelled as he jogged away from the boss. Getting close to the bluenette tank he looked back and suddenly had an idea of Nikki's intent. "I've gathered everything I can. Ready to leave on your signal." He informed her while reaching for a blue crystal he had ready in his pocket.