[SP-F2] Becoming the Grandmaster

Twas a long time waiting but in a good way. I began to get used to the new armor that Shanok the Armor smith had made for me, but i was force to re dye the armor thanks to master Heathcliff (now the KoB colors). I also liked knowing that i had a weapon worth while sitting at my side. The Celestial Blade, a new katana also made by smith Shanok, i was ready to test out its worthiness on some unwilling monsters. I began the hunt to prove my worthiness to the game that i was allowed to have this rank and be the best there could be.

Off to fight a long awaited fight i spoke out loud to no one.

I set of on an epic quest to the <> into the depths of the forest in search of the alpha wolf.

Heading off into the forest of the second floor i came upon a bunch of tracks. These looking like the tracks a wolf makes when it walks in the dirt i studied the area a bit noticing subtle things. Nothing huge, scratch marks on trees, crunched up plants, almost as if they were walked on. But suddenly i heard the crunching of twigs in my ears. There was something amiss from here. I placed my hand on top of the blades handle and waited for the noise to die down. When it did i knew what was about to happen to me...

Roll 10 Heavy crit + 3 damage (+ 3 from blade and +4 from Master Katana rank = +7) = total of +10 dmg!

I suddenly spun around drawing my blade and slashing through the air as the wolf jumped out at me in that moment. It was like something out of a movie, except more epic. I slashed the wolf clean in half and as it hit the ground i heard more wolves approaching. It looked as if i stumbled into some feeding grounds. This was going to be a bit more challenging than i first thought.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 6/6

W3 6/6

W4 6/6

W5 6/6

With one wolf down and several more to go it was time to test the skills i had been training for since the day i picked the katana up. I looked a wolf dead in the eye and watched it dance with me, like the rest of its buddies. I wasnt afraid of it, the armor i was wearing would negate all possible damage it could dish out to me.The wolves were pathetic and i was not going to have anything to do with them ever again.

Now....its show time baby i spoke as i lifted the katana for another strike

Roll 5 miss

I grazed the hairs of the wolf as it lashed out with its claws, but i took the damage in the chest but thanks to my skills being as they were it only left a tiny scratch on my armor.

Awe the poor puppy cant fight can he? i spoke in a babies voice almost taunting the wolves.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 6/6

W3 6/6

W4 6/6

W5 6/6

The wolves looked confused but their aggression never let up, they seemed to get angrier and angrier with every failed strike. I watched as the poor creatures wasted their times trying to get to me through my armor. I laughed at their attempts but i knew in the end they would all have to die. I lifted my sword in both hands and prepare the next attack.

Roll 3 miss

The second miss of the day. Oh well. My blade collided with the ground and another wolf lashed out at me dinging its claws off my armor.

This is going to get you no where, ya know that right? i asked them,, even though they couldnt understand nor respond to me.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 6/6

W3 6/6

W4 6/6

W5 6/6

The rate this was going, they might end up running away and showing me to the cave where the Alpha might live. The wolves circled me, growling and barking at me. I growled and snarled back at them hoping to intimidate them. Seeing that it wasnt working, i gripped my katana and swung around with it hoping to actually do some damage.

roll 2 miss

The sword was working just fine, but maybe it was the armor i was wearing that was killing my aim. I didnt matter to me, the armor was saving my life right now. Though i was very afraid of what the Alpha could do to me, i waited to see what these wolves still had in store for my health.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 6/6

W3 6/6

W4 6/6

W5 6/6

I heard more wolves howling in the distance. How big was this pack i wondered. Then it hit me, i was already near the den and these wolves were out here protecting the entrance. If i wanted to gain access i would have to kill what remained out here then move on to whatever was inside before i could reach the alpha wolf.

Alrighty then...here goes nothing i said hoping my luck would turn around soon.

roll 1 crit miss

Somehow i failed to even swing the katana. Maybe i wasnt cut out to become a grandmaster at this skill. No, i would not let negative thoughts influence me. I raised the katana again with a positive out look.

I WILL become grand master, and i WILL kill them all i spoke to myself in my head as i readied for the next wave of attackers

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 6/6

W3 6/6

W4 6/6

W5 6/6

The wolves continued dinging off of my armor, looked at me with anger as if i murdered their babies, which i probably did at one point, but that isnt the case here. I was in their home, on their turf. I was about to show them that they arent the only ones who have a fighting spirit about them. I gripped my Celestial Blade and raised it high above my head.

roll 1 miss

Another failed attack. The katana struck the ground next to another wolf and it lashed out at me colliding with my armor once more. The little creatures just didnt know when to give up. Well, neither did i. I lifted my katana out of the ground and began to look into the eyes of my next target.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 6/6

W3 6/6

W4 6/6

W5 6/6

The wolves were getting vicious but they never let up on the attacks. It was a never ending barrage of claws and bites. I was about up to my neck with the feeling of being annoyed. I had enough of this tomfoolery and was about to end the lives of a bunch of wolves for my own personal gain. I wasnt about to stagger nor would it falter, i was going to win, one way or another and thats final.

Rol 9 ight crit 2 + 7 = 9 damage

I swung my blade around, cutting the head off of another wolf watching it explode into a million blue shards. that was two down, and more howling in the distance. At this rate the Alpha would know of my presence and come looking for me at any point in time, and if i wasnt read, i would be chop liver...or in this case, diced pixel.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 6/6

W4 6/6

W5 6/6

I was having fun, knowing i was safe for now i wasnt getting frustrated, i had no reason to. the wolves count do enough damage to piece my armor nor could they even scratch my health points (get it scratch, claws....oh you guys are no fun). Looking around i could see more of the buggers behind me. In total there were three surrounding me now. but that would all change in a matter of moments.

Roll 5 miss

At this rate it wasnt a trial at becoming a grandmaster katana wielder, it was just a test of my patience. The wolf avoided my attack and swung its claws at me, which i tanked and let strike my armor. There was no way i was going to waste time parrying weak little creatures.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 6/6

W4 6/6

W5 6/6

This set me off, i was over the edge. If it was going to take every third swing to start hitting wolves, i didnt think this skill was worth it, but i had too, it was the only thing i wanted from this game, was to be good and show people i have the ability to play this game and allow myself to survive long enough to make it home.

Roll 4 miss

I wasnt even bothering to swing the sword anymore, i was fed up with missing. If i couldnt hit a simple would i was entirely done with this skill. No turning back now. i have to remain positive, if i let the game get to me i was going to lose all sense and possibly hurt someone i know.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 6/6

W4 6/6

W5 6/6

I was stronger than i thought i ever was, i fought my inner demons (Gemini quest reference), and i was willing to challenge the beast that would put me back in the right light. I was changing my ways. I gripped the katana and brought it down hard against my opponents.

Roll 8 hit, 7 damage

The katana sliced through another wolfs body killing it instantaneously. the wolves reinforcements werent looking so hot as only two of them remained to face off with me. But with more howling in the distance i knew this wasnt going to be a very pretty sight. I was going to have to kill the Alpha, then high-tail it out of here quickly in order to avoid a whole nother wave of simple wolves.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 6/6

W5 6/6

At the rate i was moving, the Alpha would have a tough time trying to keep up with me. I watched as the wolves that remained continued the attacks that would never do anything to me. I kinda laughed almost as if it was some sick joke making these wolves moral drop by the second. I drew back my katana ready for another attack.

Roll 7 hit, 7 damage

Another wolf bit the dust as i slashed into its side, but out of the bushes, a few more showed up but at this rate i was going to end their lives and be a happy camper knowing it would be sweet victory i would taste at the end of the day

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 6/6

W6 6/6

W7 6/6

W8 6/6

The wolf menace was growing and i could hear larger footsteps approaching the battle grounds. It was do or die time. Knowing this would be everything ive got i wanted to make sure these wolves had a peaceful respite before they exploded into pixilated dust crystals.

roll 10 Heavy crit, 10 dmg

One of the wolves lept at me and again i spliced the thing in half. It was like i had suddenly developed the right skills i needed to get better at the katana. I was astonished at my skills to the point it almost distracted me from the real dangers ahead. I hoped i wasnt getting way in over my head about something so stupid as being a grandmaster.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 6/6

W7 6/6

W8 6/6

The fight was slowly coming to a close as more howls from both sides came into my ears. It was if it was a giant game,....well i mean....i guess it was, but i mean more like, the wolves seemed to be playing games with me. It was almost as if they were summoning more wolves to see if i was worthy of taking on the alpha wolf by myself. Well i was going to prove to them once and for all that i would be able to handle myself in these situations.

Roll 3 miss

The wolves were fast little mammals but that wasnt going to stop me. all three engaged me at once but my armor took all of the blows dealt out and i was perfectly safe for another attack. I held the katana close almost as if it was my direct link to a god in which im not sure exists.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 6/6

W7 6/6

W8 6/6

With no one around it seems like this was planned, almost as it the Alpha was watching me. Maybe it was some sick game, he might have liked watching his subjects die at my hands, or maybe he was just trying to tire me out and kill me while i recovered. I shook those thoughts from my head as i continued to face the wolf pack that had ambushed me in the first place.

Roll 10 hit, 10 damage

I stabbed my katana through the roof of an attacking wolves mouth. Its attempt to bite me fell short but it got what was coming to it. I knew in the end it was all fun and games, but this Alpha wolf was sure takings its time showing up. Out of the bushes stepped a couple more wolves

You've GOT to be kidding me i said as the wolf pack continued. It seemed like this fight would never end.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 6/6

W8 6/6

W9 6/6

W10 6/6

W11 6/6

If this is what it takes to become a grand master, then so be it, ive trained long and hard for this day and i was not about to give up so easily. I watched the last wolf walk out from behind the bush and i jumped into the air swinging my katana at the same time.

roll 3 miss

I collided with the ground, and rolled into a standing position facing the five snarling wolves in front of me.

Cant we be nice and just get along? i asked out loud to no one.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 6/6

W8 6/6

W9 6/6

W10 6/6

W11 6/6

This was the real test, the one that mattered. Was i really capable of surviving such a massive attack, or would my sword skills fail me and cause me an untimely death. I wasnt about to find out, i sure as heck wasnt going down without some sort of fight.

Roll 1 miss

I was smacked with more attacks than i could handle but the armor skills kept me from taking damage. I was so happy that i could kill and not have to worry about such a tiny group of enemies killing me back.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 6/6

W8 6/6

W9 6/6

W10 6/6

W11 6/6

I wasnt willing to give in any time soon, but maybe an AOE attack would do much more than needed. I figured ill stick with standard attack patterns and hope they would be enough to get me through the day. I raised my katana and looked into the eyes of the nearest wolf.

roll 3 miss

The katana slammed into the ground next to the wolf but a few hairs were chipped off of the beast. The beast smacked my armor again an bounced off doing nothing more than hurting its own paw. i watched as the rest samcked at my armor with no results at all.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 6/6

W8 6/6

W9 6/6

W10 6/6

W11 6/6

The rate of the wolves closing in was having plenty of results for myself but not for these creatures. I brang the katana around for another attack, even tho my past attacks werent all successful, i knew i had to try still, whether i liked it or not, the Alpha would be on its approach soon and i had to clear its minions before it showed up.

Roll 8 hit

The Katana struck deep into the wolf's skin and cause it to explode into a million little pixels of blue and white color. The numbers were dwindling down to the wire and it wouldnt be son before long that only one remain, and i was ready for him.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 6/6

W9 6/6

W10 6/6

W11 6/6

There was no way to give up now, the katana skill would be the first thing I mastered even if it took the rest of the game to do it. I was ready to take on the world and the rest that was yet to come. I was committed to fighting for both me and my guild mates, and hopefully this would harden me as a player as well.

Roll 3 miss

the attacks kept missing because the wolves were too darn fast. if only I had some way of slowing them down. Either way they were going to die and I was going to be the one to eradicate them for the game and the rest of Aincrad.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 6/6

W9 6/6

W10 6/6

W11 6/6