[SP-F2] Becoming the Grandmaster

Nothing else mattered to me at this point in time all i wanted to do was kill and kill and kill. The wolf species may as well throw its best warriors at me because thats all i was going to do was keep killing until i was the grandmaster of all of my skills, if that is what it takes. I was dedicated and if this didnt show it, i have no idea what would but hopefully i was ready to prove to Heathcliff that i was a born leader and could be trusted with his troops and lead us to victory in the boss raids.

roll 1

with an attack like that....i may as well have just told Heathcliff to kill me, but i would make it up in the rest of this battle, no matter what it took.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 6/6

W9 6/6

W10 6/6

W11 6/6

The game was getting less and less complicated as life seemed to move forward on the outside world. I was glad. I wanted to see my sister once more before I jumped into this game but I wasn't able too, and at this rate I was never going to see her smiling face ever again. I almost cried at this thought but I wasn't going to allow that to happen, I needed to be stronger than I ever thought I could be. I gripped my katana and let loose a vicious attack compared to what I usually produced.

roll 8 hit

With that attack I was able to hit three wolves as I spun around. the wolves all died in a similar fashion but it still hadnt prepared me for what was to come. I was mostly done with the minions, and now I felt prepared to take on the king of the wolf species, or at least in this area.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 6/6

This was it, just me and one other wolf pup remaining. I looked it dead in the eyes and it looked back. Baring its fangs it barked at me and i barked back. It noticed my lack of intimidation and leaped towards me. There was no time to lose, if i missed this opportunity, i was going to be sitting by waiting for Alpha to show its face and deal with this pup alone.

Roll 9 hit, 8 dmg

The last wolf had finally died, as i cut through its soft fur coat, but something bigger was coming this way. I heard the sounds of the bushes rustling and the twigs snapping. A large snarling sound came from the bushes nearby and suddenly glowing red eyes appeared to me. It was finally time. It had finally recognized me as worthy. I braced myself for any incoming attacks it may throw at me.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 20/20 hp

I looked deep into the glowing red eyes of the alpha wolf and knew it was time to test my worth. I raised my katana into a battle pose and readied my first attack again him. He looked mean and scary, but on the inside, he was nothing but a digital program that I was to destroy, pixel by pixel.

roll 10 heavy crit, 10 damage

I drove my sword straight towards the beast and cut right into its side. The red slash mark lighting up the night sky. How time had passed so quickly I did not know, but that's not what mattered to me, what mattered now was killing the big bad alpha wolf.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 10/20 hp

The Alpha wolf was quick and nimble and wasnt going to take my attack nicely. It roared at me in hopes for me to lower my guard. After about a minute it walked into the clearing, revealing a pitch black wolf with glowing read eyes and shining white fangs. It would be soon before long that it had me in its teeth eating what was left of my pixilated body.

Roll 3 the Wolf misses

The wolf lunged at me but i was too quick, i dodged to the left and watched it land on the ground. It was going to have to try a lot harder than that to kill me. But soon enough, one of us would be left standing and i planned on me being the only one.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 10/20 hp

It was my turn to dance with death, the wolf looking hungrier and hungrier. I wasn't about to be its next meal nor would I let any of my comrades. The wolfs life would end here and now. I struck a pose and prepared my attack.

Roll 3 miss Ryu

This time the wolf got the upper hand and dodge my next blow. Pretty sneaky for a shadow in the night, but I wasn't about to let it get away so easily. I readied my weapon for its next attack

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 10/20 hp

(OOC: I noticed now that some of my calculations have been off, please excuse them, here i wont matter so much since i do more that the normal health of the wolves as is, but for further reference, i do 8 damage on a normal hit (6-8) 9 damage on a light crit (9 (ironically)) and 10 damage on a heavy crit (10 still ironic) )

The wolf was not afraid of me anymore, nor was it ever. It growled viciously at me and eyes me the entire time. I readied itself and when the moment was right, it pounced aiming to take me to the ground.

Roll 5 the wolf misses

The wolf jumped too far and went clear over my head. Maybe there was such a thing as being too nimble, but i wasnt going to let that slow me down. The next attack could prove fatal for the wolf across from me.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 10/20 hp

I stared the wolf dead in the eyes. Showing no fear, for I never had any to begin with. I raised my weapon into an offensive stance.

This is your final resting place, and I shall be your final opponent you fiend of the night I spoke to it, though it couldn't speak back, it clearly understood me because it snarled loudly.

Roll 4 Ryu misses

The beast slid under my katana as I swung it. This game just got a whole lot more interesting. I spun around trying not to lose the wolf in the shadows, for if I did, it could mean the end for me as I know it.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 10/20 hp

The wolf continued to growl at me. It never seemed to want to get along, but i figured it was just sad, lost and hungry. Well this player would not be its next meal, i refuse to let that happen. It growled at me once more before reaching out with its claws aimed at my chest

Roll 5 the wolf misses

The creatures claws feel just short of my body but i knew next time would be so pleasant if they did reach me. I had a feeling this wolf would do much more damage than its counterparts.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 10/20 hp

I was afraid, this wolf had me scared witless. First the claws then its teeth. If I didn't finish this thing off soon I was going to be dinner for it and the rest of Aincrad...worst of all, it would put me six feet under in the real world. I had to keep it together, piece by piece I manned up and gripped my katana.

Roll 8, 8 damage dealt

The katana put another decent sized slash mark, this one going across its face. I was so happy that I almost forgot that it was still a hostile beast and would attack me on any noticed of weakness, and now was definitely not the time to show a weakness.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 2/20 hp

The wolf glared at me as if i had offended its pride, which i probably did. It howled into the sky and the bared its fangs in a sneer. suddenly it charged at me opening its mouth wide, almost as if to eat me whole.

Roll 5 another miss for the wolf

The wolf jaw clamped shut on nothing, as i was able to dodge its attack and get behind it. It was time to finish this fight once and for all.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 2/20 hp

I gripped my weapon and held it close to my chest. I got into a battle stance and readied the weapon as the sword lit up for another sword skill I waited for the perfect moment to strike.

Roll 2 miss

I swung too early and missed the beast completely. it was a waste of a perfectly good skill but I was willing to risk another one if only to take this beast down.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 2/20 hp

The wolf was not happy about being almost dead, in fact, it felt enraged that a mortal human could get it down this far. It suddenly reached out again with its claws hoping that there was some form of contact with me.

Roll 5 the wolf misses

Another strike, another miss. The wolf was again just shy of hitting me. I grabbed my katana and began to press my assault. I was going to win, one way or another,

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 2/20 hp

This was it, the final moment I had been waiting for, the creatures final breath, I could feel it, hear it....smell it, gross. I lifted my katana and jumped at the beast. Whilst in mid-air I began to bring the katana down aiming for its head.

Roll 4 miss Ryu

I was so close that time, but the wolf rolled out of the way. It was so funny, but I could almost hear the beast snickering at me as I stood up and turned to face it.

Ryu 50/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 2/20 hp

The wolf was not happy about the way things were going and neither was i. The determination in both of our eyes to kill our enemies was through the roof. Once the beast was set in kill mode, it was time for it to unleash all of its fury. I waited for impending doom to strike me down as the monster lurched forward and began its charge.

Wolf Crits 8 damage (-3 mitigation from Heavy Armor skill = 5 damage)

The wolf lowered its shoulder and slammed into me harder than i ever expected to get hit. I flew into a nearby tree and slid down it.

Drat...there goes my chances of finishing this without a scratch i said standing up and grabbing my katana

Ryu 45/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 2/20 hp

I was still recovering from that last attack but I knew I had to be stronger than the beast in order to carry on my mission. It was my goal to kill the Wolf and that was EXACTLY what I was going to do. I readied my weapon and hoped this would be the last attack I would have to put into it tonight.

Roll 10 Heavy Crit, 10 damage, the beast dies.

Take this!! I screamed as I ran at the wolf, sword poised and ready to strike. I ran right past the wolf and cut straight through its body leaving behind me a trail of diamond shaped pixels. The beast was dead. I had finally won.

Ryu 45/50

W1 -dead-

W2 -dead-

W3 -dead-

W4 -dead-

W5 -dead-

W6 -dead-

W7 -dead-

W8 -dead-

W9 -dead-

W10 -dead-

W11 -dead-

Alpha Wolf 0/20 -dead-

I sheathed my katana and gave it a nice pat on the hilt.

Youve done very good tonight my friend...very good indeed i said to it, as if it were really alive.

Lets go home...i can finally go to bed and so can you i walked out of the forest and back towards the town.

Tonight was a huge success and with that, i hoped to receive a notification of Grand Master Katana skill in the morning, but for now, i need to rest, as did my weary legs...and trusty Celestial blade.

-Completed-