[PP-F9] The Maverick of Flames

Guest Keith

Keith walked on the newly discovered floor, flames beating against his face as he squinted to see. Lava erupted far in the distance and intense heat snarled all around. "Sure is a good thing I sewed you a short-skirt kimon, eh love?" He said over his shoulder to Cicila, his beloved little wife who had joined him to the floor.

Keith smiled and accepted the canteen, taking a drink and handing it back to Cicila. "Thank you, love." He said with a smiled. It was the little things he loved about her. And the big things. In fact, he loved just about everything about Cicila. "So, the head honcho Maverick on this floor is some guy named... Pyro. I dunno what kinda name that is, but this guy must be a real loser." Keith said, closing his menu as he walked with Cicila through the main town.

Cicila thought. "So why is it just you and me facing the big guy? Did no one else want to come to this frick'n hot place...phew. I'm not a fan of hot places...or cold.." She asked then complained to Keith, wiping her forehead. "Is there somewhere with air conditioning on this floor? If so can we go? I feel like i'm gonna be as red as a lobster when we're done here..."

Keith pressed on and gave her hand a small squeeze. "Well, this town is supported over an active volcano... So that may have part in the heat..." He said, walking along the metal floor of the town. "Once we get to the gondola, then we can get out of here. Pyro's castle should be a ways out in the magama wastes."

Keith put an arm around her as the gondola arrived. "If you do become a lobster, I'll take you home with a side of butter." He said with a small chuckle, as they got onto the gondola. The metal box slowly moved, going over the lava below and towards the rim of the volcano.

"I'm surprised that this gondola isn't warm on the inside." Cicila said, touching the metal gondola. She laid her head on Keith's shoulder and smiled. "This is like our own little date. The end is killing someone. But i guess that's what to expect with hunting..." Cici giggled then frowned at the thought of killing someone.

Keith gave her a look as he hugged her. "Kill? We aren't going to kill him! First, we try and talk him out of his Maverick ways. And if he refuses, we fight. Once he reaches low enough health, we use a crystal to warp him all the way to this floor's prison." He said, as he gondola reached the other side.

Cicila looked up at him with a confused look. "I'm not that good at those things and you know that.I haven't the slightest clue what to say when we find him. But...i can try." She frowned again as she got off the gondola with the hand of Keith and walked with him. "Do you know what this Maverick looks like at all? I mean we'd be charging blind if we didn't know what they looked like." Cicila asked confused again as she looked up at him.

Keith nodded and walked with Cicila, the craggy ground riveted with cracks of lava. "So, Cicila, when we reach floor 11, do you want to buy a house right away, or do you want to wait until we get to more floors to buy houses at?" He said, pondering the future for them.

Keith hugged her close and smiled. "I'm glad to have you too." After a while of more walking, a large spire was visible in the distance. It was dark, black rock with red cracks all over it. "Well, this must be the place." Keith said, looking to Cicila.

Keith walked in and looked around, lava pouring out of the walls lit up the room. "Ha! What kinda security is this?" Keith said, taking a few steps forward. With a shudder, the whole room quaked as skeletons burst from the ground. Their bones were a bright read and they were coated with flames. They all drew flails and sword and looked at the couple.

Keith nodded and ran towards the skeletons. "Hey, boneheads! You're all totally boned!" He shouted at the three skeletons that had arise, before they gave chase to Keith and he ran past them. The skeletons turned and started to give chase, leaving them open for Cicila.

Keith: 80/80

Cicila: 64/64

<> 10/10

<> 10/10

<> 10/10

CIcila snuck up behind one and threw a few daggers at it. Some of them missing but one hitting. It turned around and ran at Cici. Cicila squealed and ran back to the door with the skeleton trailing her, throwing fireballs from it at her.

She was backed up into a corner and smirked at it. It looked confused at her. It had more than one Dagger in it and was its bones and fire were half gone and dimmed from her daggers.

Keith: 80/80

Cicila: 64/64

<> 10/10

<> 5/10

<> 10/10