[PP-F1] Feeding the Enemy

It was early in the morning, the weird smell of dew still outside I made it to the entrance of the town waiting for Archer. Zauis was a young dark toned slim but fit guy. He was around the height of 5'9 and he had black curly hair that always blew in the wind. His attire consisted of black boots, black skinny jeans, and a long black jacket with the Knights Of Christ emblem on the back which was two swords crossed on top of a shield. Awaiting for Archer I yawned slightly. "Where is she!? She should be here by now. Should I be worried!? Nah were in a safe zone..." I said with a worried look.

Archer was was hurridely dashing around the town, zooming in and out of streets her face slowly looking more and more confused "It's this street or mabye this street, no not that one, this one?" she mutterd to herself her red hair fanning out behind her as she became more frantic "I'm so late already, I can't believe I don't I know my around this floor yet!" she sighed frustrated with herself, the reason she was late was partly because she has stopped to buy a regular sword and partly because she had the worst sense of direction ever. "Umm e..excuse me I'm looking for, oh um hello, ah can you help me" she said as most people didn't take much notice, how hard was it to find the exit to the town. She jumped forwards seeing a player kitted up all in black and a jacket with some type of emblem on it. "Um excuse me..!" she started to asked as her boot caught on the road and she trip forward barrelling straight into the guy "Kyaaa...I'm so sorry I didn't mean to.. oh Zauis hey..wait this is the entrance to the town?" she asked rather stupidly.

Hearing a rather loud girl screaming and such I turned around from the loud foots steps I was hearing while a red headed girl bumped into me I wrapped my arms around her catching her from almost falling. I noticed it was Archer as I got a good look at her face I smiled as she asked me some questions. "Yes Archer, this is the entrance and exit of the town. Basically. It took you forever to come. Honestly I got worried, even though were in a safe zone I still got worried. I'm glad you made it though!" I said happily while giving her a huge smile revealing my dimples.

Archer smiled sheepishly up at Zauis "Sorry about that, my sense of directing is terrible" she said laughing and smiling at him punching him gently in the shoulder "Don't we so worried I'm fine, thanks for worrying though.." the last part of her sentence trailing off. She clapped her hands together "So we're going on a quest that gypsy told us about right?" she asked excited, this would be the first quest she would be going on and she was excited aswell as a bit nervous but it would be fun going on a quest with someone else "Thanks so much for taking this quest for me, if you hadn't suggested it I'd probably still be sitting that town wondering what to do" Archer said pointing behind her as she mentioned the town. "Lets go feed a monster!" she grinned walking off to the left before stopping and turning around an embarressed look on her face before shuffling back to Zauis "which way do we go" she whispered to him realising she had no idea where the quest was.

Zauis, dumbfounded by all the talking Archer was doing he zoned out through half of her words. As she punched him gently Zauis rubbed the back of his neck gently while sitting down on a nearby bench. He thought this night take awhile since she's new at all this he had to kinda explain it to her. He sighed while placing his hands on his knees. "Archer, we've already taken the quest! All we gotta do is find the monster you want as your familiar. Do you have any ideas on what you want? If your not sure then I don't mind sitting here waiting on you. I'm just glad to be on the quest with you!" he said happily before giving her another smile while looking up at the crystal blue sky thinking to himself, I wonder how's my brother doing? Hmm?

She watch as Zauis sat on the bench just nearby them, she all her talking might be overwhelming she kinda had that affect on people mabye it was more the fact that she never stuff talking. "Oh really haha thats a suprise" she grinned glad he didn't mind waiting. She leant against the wall tapping her foot, hrmm what familiar did she want it would have to be one that was either small enough to hide in her pocket or hair in case she ran into trouble or big enough to be able to take of itself "hrmm well that rules out some, mabye a songbird, I like songs but you can't cuddle a bird, what about a cat hrmm no doesn't seem right, mabye a dog do they even have dogs here?" she said chattering on to herself. She looked over at Zauis wondering what he was thinking about, she wondered why he had decided to join Sword Art Online. She shook her head deciding to leave it for another time "Hey Zauis do you have a familiar" she said coming and sitting on the bench wondering if he had a familiar and what kind it would be, mabye he'd have some advice for choosing one, he seemed to know about everything, or mabye she needed to find out about this world more, she'd need to ask him later, she had no other friends to ask anyway. There was so many thing she wanted to know, how does everyone else figure out this place she thought amazed taking a quick look around her at the people who had decided to stay on this floor.

Zauis smiled as she continued to talk he listened to every word. He didn't really mind her talking since he's usually alone he doesn't have many friends. Though there was something about her he really liked. "Im not really too fond of anything you just said, I mean they are alright." he said calmly while she sat next to him he blushed a bit while looking at the ground. She asked him yet another question that he quickly responded to "Yes, I have a familiar. He's a Hawk and his name is Zaz. When were together it's called the Zuzu and Zaz tag team. Hahah just kidding. I only tamed Zaz to have him as a pet in my room and to feed him. It's not my style to want him in battle to get hurt. But I think I've got a familiar for you, how about a baby chibi dragon? They're small and cute." I said while looking at Archer with a huge smile.

Archer pretended not to notice his cheeks redden and giggle quickly covering her mouth with her hand. Her eyes lit up as he told her about his hawk. She was listening intently until he mentioned their 'team name'. Archer tried to stifle a laughed but failed her laughter bursting forth, she wasn't laughing at him the name was just so funny, she started to imagine Zauis and a Hawk doing one of those cool anime formations and the words "ZUZU AND ZAZ TAG TEAM!" flashing across the screen. As her laughter abated she puffed slightly out of breath from all that laughing "Phew ok think I'm good now" she said fanning her cheeks, to much laughter she thought to herself. "A BABY CHIBI DRAGON" she exclaimed jumping up from the seat "So cuuuuuutttteeee" she squealed jumping about trying to contain how cute she thought a baby chibi dragon would be. She almost looked like an excited puppy wriggling about when you mentioned the word 'walk'. Archer grinned back at Zauis "yes yes thats perfect" she said staring at him in excitement.

As soon as I mentioned the joke about the tag team name, Archer bursted out laughing and was seeming to enjoy the laughter of the name since she had laughed for two minutes. Zauis chuckled himself, but not at the tag team thing but at Archer. Once I mentioned the baby dragon she squealed and went crazy once more, though this time I thought it was cute. Letting her get out all the little squeals and such outta here system I calmly spoke "Alright, I know were a few are. It might be hard finding them but they're located just to the north of us. They are seen in a cold and rocky place, it is even been said there's snow. But anyway, stay close to me, your a really low level and I'll hate myself if you get hurt. I'll protect you with my life! Even if I must sacrifice myself to let you escape, you do it damn it. Please..." Zauis said emotionally while leaning towards Archer giving her somewhat of a hug but more like a head on a chest kinda comfort. He stood up while reaching his hand out toward her.

Archer listened seriously to Zauis explanation nodding as he reached the last part of his explanation she felt her face heat up into a tomato red blush and as she started to get all jitterey "Wha..ahh no I wouldn't leave you a..alone" she said not being able to get words out clearly because of her embarressment. Zauis pulled her into a sort of hug and her eyes widened in suprise as she let him. After a few seconds she jumped back quickly turning away from him crouching down trying to cool her face down, her head felt like it was gonna poof up into flames from all the blushing she was doing. She didn't know what had gotten into her it was so embarressig. She gave a quick pat to her cheeks trying to pull herself together. She turned back around to face Zauis seeing his outstretch hand. She gave a small smiled and took it before realising what she just done and springing back with an embarressed 'eep!'.

Zauis smiled when she said she wouldn't leave him. He knew that she was going to protect him as well as he was going to do for her. After I leaned against her she jumped back after awhile while blushing really red and acting weird like crouching on the ground. Zauis chuckled at her as she stood up and grabbed his head she jumped back once more blushing again. Smiling at her reaction I grabbed her hand anyway "Let's get going Archer, we don't want it to get late on us! Oh yeah, take this, so when were in trouble I want you to use it if I die." Zauis reached in his coat pocket and handed Archer his last teleporting crystal as they starting to walk north we walked by a beautiful crystal lake that the sun was beaming down on.

Archer looked down at his hand and reddened slightly trying to keep her emotions under control "R..Right, won't be good if we can't even see the dragon" she said smiling. She looked at the teleport chrystal he handed her. She frowned as he told her to use it if he died. She stopped "B..Baka! You not going to die, your not allowed to die!" she yelled frustrated tempted to give him back the chrystal but held onto it anyway. She squinted at Zauis there was no way she was going to let him die, he was the only person she knew and trusted and if he died she would be so alone.

Archer could hear the soft pad of the boots and she looked up at the sun everything in this world felt and looked so real, she wasn't sure if she could completely accept that they were stuck in the game, it didn't really matter to her much as long as she had friends and could get back to the real world someday. She decided to strike up some light conversation wanting to get to know more about Zauis. "So I wanna know more about you.. hrmm whats your favourite colour" she asked knowing it was lame but she wanted to know anyway.

Smiling at Archer turning red I notice we stopped as Archer was looking sad and gloomy she yelled at me in frustration and told me I wasn't allowed to die. It made me really happy, after that I took a deep breathe and intwined our fingers as I looked away a bit blushing. Archer looked nervously as she said she wanted to know more about me and my favorite color. "My favorite color is black. My name is obviously Zauis but my nickname is Zuzu. I have a brother and a sister in this game, Nightshade and Aoife. Though we don't get to spend time much. Uh let's see, I'm in a guild called the Knights Of Christ and I'm usually solo so that's pretty much it! So what about you princess?" he smiled while revealing facts about himself.

Archer felt Zauis entwine their finger and she gave a happy smile. Archer gaze his hand a small squeeze glad he was happy to tell her about himsel "Hrmm black that would expain the clothes" she said looking him up and down her eyes resting on the mark on his jacket "I get what that mark is now, so it's a guild" she wondered what guilds where like she's seen several around the town they all look happy, it would be a great way to make friends. Archer inclined her head suprised a brother and sister, she wondered if she had ever seen them, she couldn't think of anyone who slightly resembled Zauis. She might have seen them when Kayaba made his announcement, she shuddered as she thought of it. Solo she looked at Zauis that seemed kind of sad in a way it would be lonely going solo, she squeezed Zauis' hand blushing, she wasn't sure why she did it but it probably had something to do with the fact that whenever she thought of someone going solo her heart almost seemed to break. There were other solo players out there some of them might have died alone, she didn't want to imagine how sad that would be. She shook her head and looked up as Zauis asked her about herself "Umm well my favourite colour is red, haha oh and you can call me Arch, Archer I don't mind, I don't have any siblings I live alone in the real world to umm" as Archer mentioned the real world she remember again how she'd left her front door open in excitement to play the game, she mentally slapped herself at her own stupidity. "Well I'm not in a guild obviously and I haven't actually spent much time exploring Aincrad, I've just spent most of my time around this town, it worked out pretty well I earned a bit of money for performing some tricks and doing a bit of singing on the streets, I thinks thats it really" she said unable to think of anything else to tell Zauis.

She squeezed his hand and blushed a bit while doing so making him smile. She then looked at me up and down looking at the emblem on my back. "Yes, I love the color black and the Knights Of Christ is a great guild." Zauis noticed her continuing to stare at him which kinda made him embarrassed. He couldn't figure out why though as she squeezed his hand once more while blushing she began explaining that she lived alone and her favorite color was red and that she made some cash by performing and such. Nodding at every word I hear footsteps quickly coming as Zauis let's Arch's hand go he quickly turns around unsheathing his blade the Cliducster while seeing it was two boars running at them he counter the first boar knocking him unbalanced while slashing it making him shatter as the second boar dash at great speed I ran toward a tree, doing my famous technique, as I ran up the tree I did a backflip while slamming my blade downward into the boars back making him shatter. Looking back at Arch smirking while I sheathed my Cliducster. "Sorry about that, those things are well...annoying! On the bright side were close to our destination." Zauis said while walking over to Arch grabbing her hand entwining them again.

Archer turned around her eye widening as the boars charge towards them "Ah.. um.. ah" she stuttered fumbling with the sword at her waiste she pull it out flailing it around. she stop as Zauis dashed forward taking the boars out easily and making the disappear in a shatter of chrystal. Archer watched in awe as he did a backflip of the tree as he turned around and smirk at her she clapped smiling at him in awe "That was so cool!" she exclaimed looking down at her own sword which she had previous flailed about "You have to teach me how to fight!" she said wanting to look as cool as him one day. She nodded quickly as he mentioned how close they were and she held onto his hand happily singing to herself, excited about the prospect of a familiar and mabye learning how to fight from him. "So you said this chibi dragon is near hear" she asked lifting her free hand to her eye like a pretend telescope and looking around comically for where the dragon might be.

After the boars shattered into crystals he smirked looking back at Arch, she told me it was cool and started clapping her hands excitedly. Chuckling at her reaction I rubbed the back of my head "That wasn't even my skill. I was just kidding around, I could've slash through them once and just killed them. As you know, my level is 8, almost 9 and I'm about to help my big brother and guild friends fight the boss on floor 5 to proceed to 6. We'll beat this game!" he smirked while clenching his fist only to hear Arch ask a weird question while looking down her sword embarrassed. I thought to myself, I could probably teach her after this quest. Turning to Arch i smiled "Yeah sure, I might be able to show you something. But I'm not a great teacher. Hahah" Noticing her reaction when I told her that it was near she held up her free hand to her face to act like it was a telescope. It made me laugh really hard. "Yeah the dragon should be around this area. It's really cold...I mean look at the snow. Why do the dragons live here. Geez. It was fine before we stepped near the snow." Zauis shivered.

"Whaa... that wasn't even your skill!" she exclaimed. Archer listened as he bragged about his level "Your a bit of a show off huh" Archer laughed punching him in the shoulder "Your a dungeon clearer!" she gawped, It wasn't that much of a suprise seeing as he was almost level 9. "You'll teach me yaaaay!" Archer grinned letting go of Zauis' hand running ahead "Then when I'm good enough I can join you on boss hunts" she said her expression turning serious, she wanted to help him clear floor even if she was a hindrance she would still try her hardest. "The dragons near here" Archer perked up looking around excited seeming oblivious to the cold, till her boot touch the start of the snow, a shiver went all the way up her body finishing at the little curl of hair atop head "Eep! your right it's cold!" she wrapped her arms around her shoulders glad for her gloves and long socks, just wishing she had worn something that covered her shoulders more. She turn around to look back at Zauis "Hurry up! Lets find this baby dragon" she laughed a cheeky smile creepy across her face as she knelt down in the snow. Springing up a snow ball in her hands. Archer laughed somewhat maniaclly chucking a snowball right a Zauis' face.

"Of course that wasn't my skill. I didn't even get to show off my true power. Though it puts me in great pain when I release the Black Flames. Same with my brother who has the Crimson Flames." he nodded happily while listening to her. "Id be glad to clear a dungeon with you but just don't slow me down." he said teasingly while she ran off looking at the snow. Seeming she got cold and began hugging herself Zauis chuckled a bit while being able to see the frost of his breathe when he breathed. As she through a snowball at me Zauis reacted quickly while bending backwards holding himself up like an upside down u as he finished it off with a backflip. Dusting his hands off he took his Black guild jacket off and put it around Arch. Looking through his inventory he pulled out some blackberries handing them to her. "This is the dragons food that it likes. Not sure why but it worked for my other friend. Let's walk to the right, I think I just saw a white one dragon." he said excitedly.

Archers expression turned concerned as he mentioned his Black Flames. Archer huffed as Zauis did a fancy backflip to dodge her snowball "Wha! Hey thats unfair" she complained quicly rolling more snowballs and throwing at him in a flurry. Archer knew her snowballs wouldn't hit but it was still fun, she jumped slightly as Zauis placed his jacket around her shoulders "a..ah thankyou" she blushed turning away, taking the the berries from him, sniffing them. She poked her tongue out making a blurgh noise "So dragons like blackberries huh?" Archer laughed, but stopped as soon as Zauis mention a dragon "Ehhh I have no idea how you can see a white dragon in all this snow" she said suprised but scanning the area looking or the telltale sign of a baby dragon. She held tight onto the blackberries careful not to squish them.