[PP Fl1] Date night? with monsters?![Cindel][Complete]

Klein had been..shopping to say the least. It was always stuffy wearing that bulky armor all the time so he decided to dress down a bit. He had purchased a nice black shirt and a pair of slacks for this occasion. He actually hadn't been on a date since he was about sixteen. So this was all new to him again.

He had asked her to meet him by the fountain that over looked the city. It was literally the center of town and the portal not too far away. Many players had noticed his clothing and were pointing at him. The only thing didn't change was his bandanna. He had to keep his hair under control somehow." I hope...She likes me..." He muttered to himself.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cindel made her way towards the popular fountain that overlooked most the town. *Wonder why he wanted to meet here instead of at wherever we're going to eat.* She emerged from one of the alleyways that lead into the central square where the fountain was. She turned her head, looking around for Klein. *Hmm where is he?... Oh...* and then she saw him.

She completely glanced over him on her first take. He was dressed differently, he was actually sort of cleaned up. Except for his favorite bandanna. She walked up to him. "Good eve sir! I was wondering if you may have seen a friend of mine? I was to meet him here, but there's no sign of him. He's sort of a scruffy fellow, wild unkempt hair, likes to dress himself in reds and always wears a bandanna, much like yours actually!" Cindel asked with a grin.

How did he know she would do that ? Guess it was something he learned about her. Face flushed red as he looked at her. Words couldn't reach his lips at the time. Instinctively, he took her hand and blurted the first words that came to mind. " I like you. Alot." He felt like he was on fire as he spoke. There really wasn't any turning back for him after this. He was getting to the point that he would try to invite her everywhere just to spend time with her.

It had been several days since he had seen her. Each passing day was stressful to him trying desperately to make things okay since the mining incident. No guts no glory as one would say. He didn't know what else to do. He let go of her hand as if it had been held by a hot pan he grabbed.

This is terrible, he thought to himself. You are exactly how you were years ago. You just can't shut the hell up! He mentally scolded himself. The fact that he had imaged a pity date before didn't help him. This also didn't help him." I..uh..oh look birds!" He looked straight up at....clouds.

Cindel burst out laughing to the point she had trouble stopping. *oh man i'm probably making him feel horrible.* Eventually she caught her breathe. "Sorry.. *pant* I.. *pant* I'm not laughing at you. I mean. Well I am laughing at you, but not because what you said. It's just that-" she giggled again. "Every person I met when I got here kept looking up at the sky. Even you when we first met! its just funny to- more giggles. *gasp* *pant* "-ah its just me." finally her giggles trailed away.

She studied Klein's face. He looked terrified. "I like you too dummy. I didn't just come here for the free food!.. -But, you are still paying right?" She tilted her head. "I mean seriously. I kinda blew all my col on a new pair wrist-guards."She then gave Klein a big smile and retook his hand in hers.

Her laughing made it awkward for him. It was true though. She had an excellent memory and that kinda worried him. What was a man to do? She seemed in a different place. Her thoughts scared him.Everything seemed to melt away though as she reached for his band. Her warmth made it better. He gently tugged her while walking side by side." Yea.. I am." Amber hues flickered with excitement. He walked with her shoulder to shoulder til the met at a cafe....that served coffee !

He reached for the chair and held.it out for her."So....order what you want ." He gently spoke to her.

Cindel's eyes light up when she found out the place had coffee. It had been far too long since the last time she cradled a warm cup of caffeinated nectar. -Better known to most as coffee. Attempting to contain her excitement, she casually walked in to the cafe still at Klein's side. He pulled out a chair for her. "Oh. Quite the gentleman I see. - Merci Monsieur!" she said thanking him and took her seat. There was no need to browse the drink menu, she already knew what she wanted.

He moved around the table and looked at her with a grin. " Pleasure is mine mademoiselle. " He looked up and ordered a coffee for himself with three sugars and some cream. Eyes gazed back at her and he softened his gaze. " I imagine this is what we would do if we met in the real world. I know a nice cafe in Tokyo where we could of gone." He pointed at an appetizer to eat which was finger food of what seemed to be pictured as chicken strip but god knows what they were going to get.

"Bravo! je suis flatté!" Cindel replied blushing slightly. "I see you know a word or two of french." she added then gave him a smile. She watched Klein specify how he liked his coffee. "Wow 3 sugars, you must really like it sweet! But why settle for just a simple cup of java? I'm ordering myself a cappuccino sprinkled with cinnamon." Cindel closed her eyes and began imagining the taste. "I'd love to see it one day. The cafe in the real world."

He watched as the waiter came back with their drinks. He smiled looking at her. " I know a few words.. Je pense que vous êtes belle. " He rubbed his hair as he spoke the words. The upper cheeks began to burn a bit as he spoke them. Left hand reached and took a sip of his coffee. It was literally like heaven. The familiar taste that reminded him of the real world.." I'd ... like to take you there sometime.. If you'd let me." He looked at her being his mug.

"Not bad, I think you can speak french better than I can speak Japanese." Cindel cradled her cup with both hands then brought it up close to her lips. She held it there admiring the scent and aroma. It wasn't an actual cup of coffee of course, but thoughts like those were becoming less and less with each passing day Cindel spent in SAO. Finally she sipped her cappuccino savoring all of its flavor. "It's delicious. Thanks for bringing me here, you already made my day. And Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to take you up on that offer." She giggled, almost spilling some of her precious coffee. It was a nervous giggle, one she used to hide the truth that they may never leave SAO...

He laughed a bit at her comment about his french." I had to take it as a sign for college. Didn't think I'd meet anyone to use it really.." He looked around absorbing the scenery. It was perfect. A water fountain in the distance, a cafe with a beautiful girl and all he needed was to just be himself." Your welcome. I wanted to surprise you with our date." He looked at the chicken that was presented. It looked edible. He spoke softly.." I'd be honored to take you there. I used to go there every morning before work..so I...." He cut himself off. He was divulging too much to her too soon. He honestly hadn't a clue what she would say or do. " Anyway.."

"Well you succeeded, I am genuinely surprised and bursting with jubilation!" She tried not to sound too silly. The food had arrived but Cindel wasn't all that concerned with it. Taking in her surroundings she did have to admit SAO had some beautiful scenic vistas. She watched Klein - nervous, embarrassed? She wondered what was so different about him compared to the guys back home. Was he even that different? Or was it the mystery of not knowing him? He seemed at a loss for words. She decided to help out. "How's the recruitment for Fuurinkazan coming along?" she asked, then reached out to finally take some food.

When the food arrived, he didn't seem interested in it either. He simply flicked it with a finger and looked up at her." Working on someone. But a bit slow, I must say." He brushed the chicken away and stood up suddenly. He placed col down and paid for their items." Let's get outta here...Let's go on a walk shall we ?" He extended his hand to her and smiled a goofy one. He didn't wanna dwell on what could of been. He wanted to focus on what was in front of him.

Cindel wasn't too hungry either. Well, she had no idea if she actually was hungry or not. But at least didn't feel the sensation to eat virtual food. "Sure, it actually looks pretty nice out there." she responded gazing out at the central court yard. She dropped the piece of chicken, but made sure to grab her unfinished coffee. *I'm not wasting a drop of that intellectual goodness.* Cindel gave Klein her free hand and smirked when she saw the face he made. "On y va!"

He clasped her hand and looked at her coffee. He would have to remember to buy her a coffee maker for her birthday. He stood close to her and started walking towards the gates. The sun started to turn red as it was beginning it's cycle of sunset. He remembered something. It was a view that he once saw and he was going to take her. It would be perfect to share something like that to her. " Come on... I wanna show you something." He grinned a bit walking a bit faster to pick up the pace.

"I'm comin I'm comin!" she replied arm fully extended as Klein pulled her along. "What's the rush anyway? OMG Is it a SURPRISE?" she asked jokingly. Klein lead her out of the city and in to the surrounding planes. Cindel did start to wonder where exactly it was they were going. *Maybe its some rare mob spawn timer?* she guessed, playing through other ideas in her head. Cindel let him continue to lead her along, whereabouts only he knew...

He smiled as they were going through the grassy fields and managed to keep going til he saw the ridge. He managed to get her and him there in time as the sun hit exactly on point. The entire area lit up with the red and orange sun and he looked at her. " Yea. . This is it. " He smiled a bit. Yea he was a softie bit who cared. He just wanted a good memory. One with her.

As they reached the top of the ridge Cindel was stunned. It was beautiful, maybe one of the most beautiful things she ever witnessed. And It wasn't even real. -But that wasn't true. Klein was real, this moment in time was real. Just because it was digital instead of physical changed nothing. "... C'est étonnant. This is amazing Klein." She turned staring in to his eyes, bringing herself closer until her body pressed up with his. There was nothing else to say.

cinklein_sunset_smw.jpg

It was perfect. Everything was perfect. The lighting, the rainbow, but she was the one he noticed. The one that stood above the rest. Their bodies pressed together and his heart started pounding. Each second seemed like a life time to him. A light smile crossed his face. No words could describe the feelings.

Hand slipped behind her back and he blushed a bit. He leaned in slowly in a matter of instinct and gently placed his lips upon hers. He had been imagining this instance since the day they met. He wanted to tell her desperately how much he cared, how much he wanted to be with her every step of the way. But , he chose to show it with this kiss.

She was a little nervous, unsure what would happen next. All that faded when she felt his kiss. It may have been virtual, but she couldn't tell the difference. Cindel became completely lost in the moment. She forgot where she was. Had no concept of reality or virtual. Time froze, her body tingled. She had kissed before, but this time it was different. It wasn't because her real body was lying asleep. It was something else.