[OP-F10] The Silence of Passing Time

Nari's eyes shifted towards the newcomer - her only outward sign of shock at the sudden appearance of another. She wasn't surprised, at this point, that someone else had stumbled upon her little hideaway zone. Still, it was annoying to find out that someone had been hiding and listening to them - even if it was relatively harmless. The point was only made worse by the tone of the individual, who came across less than welcoming.

"Going about and threatening people you've been watching from the shadows, may not be the best way to make friends. That being said, if you're worried about either of us attacking you, you're probably fine. So long as you don't become aggressive first." Nari rolled her scythe in her hand, accenting her point ever so slightly. She made no movements towards the other player, but her hard gaze likely demonstrated her dislike of the other's attitude. "If it makes you feel better, I was just about to leave, though. So long as you don't consider that a concern."

She slowly stepped away from the ledge that she had been seated upon until moments ago, raising a hand towards Hirru as she took her first few steps. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Hirru. I hope we cross paths again soon. Preferably in better circumstances - maybe even more celebratory ones..." She shot a look over at the newcomer, wondering if they would do anything, react in any way to Nari's sudden movement back towards the central plaza. 

The purple haired one didn't seem to be a problem, but the armor clad, green haired player was still a possible threat. Unfortunately, it seemed that both took her stance as one of offense, rather than defense.

Dazia rolled her eyes, not that this action could be easily seen from under her cowl. "This isn't about you being here." Dazia began. "I've just had enough of people coming after me because some Princess wants me dead." She finished, growling at that last part as she remembered the main source of her current frustrations.

Dazia kept her gaze on the green haired player for a bit longer before slowly sheathing her weapon. "So far, neither of you have tried anything. That's already much better than what I've been dealing with lately..." She revealed. Unfortunately, now Dazia's weapon was sheathed, so if the green haired player intended to try anything, this would be his chance.

All Dazia could hope was that her latest risk is worth it.

Hirru nodded out to Nari.  He had not much else to talk about to her.

"Until then.  Now let me hear out this one."

The spoken words seemed slightly foreign to the hunter, but there was something about them that wasn't quite right.  Who was this Princess that their assailant was on about, and why was she so on guard about it?  Was she really on the run from this person?  Did they have any other people after her?  There were many questions going on in the hunter's head that he could not express too well, at the moment.  The only thing that would come out as their guest said that was..

"..Princess?"

As the one that came out from the shadows sheathed her weapon, seemingly deeming them non-hostile to her; Hirru would do the same, lowering his shield slightly.  Around this time, the final light from the last torch went out, and the glow from behind Hirru would fade away.  All that was left was the ever growing mass of glowing ghosts that were still there, staring at them.  With the light gone, the main tree behind Hirru would shimmer and flow from the low illumination that the walkers of the floor emit.  Oddly, there seemed to be shades that have been behind Hirru the entire time, though they seem different from the others that lived on the floor.  Nine in total, they would appear for a moment before Hirru would look back.

"Oh.. the light is out.."

He would only see the dead torch as it burst into polygonal crystals into the sky.  The shades disappeared from sight as he had looked back, as if they were not there to begin with.  Turning his head back, he would address the cloaked one.

"Listen, I do not know who this Princess is, nor does it seem like we are after each other.  I can understand if you're wary, but I have no plan to harm or to chase anyone.  If you have business with me, then I will listen.  Otherwise, I do wish to leave before the residents cause an uproar."

Edited by Hirru

Nari had paused in her steps, wary to Hirru alone with the newcomer. She didn't trust anyone who hid in the shadows, much less anyone who appeared and threatened another. Although the player's icon appeared green, Nari had a sneaking suspicion there was more to the story here - that perhaps, it hadn't always been green. She listened quietly as Hirru and the girl passed a bit of conversation, if one could call it that. Nothing that either said was reassuring, or cleared up any questions that Nari had, but she refrained from speaking out. She'd made her presence in the situation clear, and she knew there was nothing further to add to that.

Instead, she kept her eyes on the girl, watching for any signs of aggression. The sheathed weapon didn't give Nari any relaxation. She knew all too well how quickly a weapon could be drawn, especially if one was well-trained, or well-versed in using it. As Hirru let his guard down ever so slightly, Nari felt herself tense up even more. The scythe in her hand tilted forward ever so slightly, just short enough to look like nothing more than an adjustment of position, but angled enough that Nari would be able to shift it into movement should it be required. Her eyes locked onto Dazia, unmoving from her as Nari considered how much of a threat the unknown individual could possibly be. In this game and world...it's never easy to tell. Trust nothing, expect everything. Stay alive...that's the key...

The green haired, armor clad player was confused as to what Dazia meant. This could be easily clarified. "A Player named Krysta. She's been a thorn in my side since before I even met her. I defended myself in combat against a player, and now she'll stop at nothing to kill me, simply because said player happened to be her cousin." Dazia explained.

The NPC specters were watching, though their stance on the players' presence wasn't easy to figure out. Who knows what they might be thinking? "...If you really want to hear more, we should move to a different spot of the safe zone. I know I'm leaving this spot, I didn't exactly come to make a mess." Dazia noted. If the green haired player was actually willing to hear her out and accept her side of the story, it would be a real help. As long as this didn't end with her getting dragged outside the safe zone and killed, she had nothing to worry about...so, for the time being, she simply needed to keep a fair enough distance away so she could vanish if need be.

• 2 weeks later...

It seemed that there was much more to this story than what the hunter had once thought.  Of course, that was usually how it went anyway.  Nothing was that black and white, anymore, as there were motives and reason behind even the oddest of claims.  Still, the issue came about that this one had killed before.  Even with a clear motive for it, it seemed odd that there would even be such a circumstance to happen.  Much more was beginning to be questioned, than what was being answered.  Obviously, if the hunter wanted to know more about their eavesdropper, but the way she wanted to get away from the area; it didn't seem right.  That is, the gaze of the dead seemed to be bothering her.  Though, it bothered him too, but not too harshly.  They were not people he knew, but NPCs created for this place.  

"Well, I can give you peace of mind, if your story wishes to be followed.  Though, I think our conversation partner would rather take her leave."

He would nod to Nari, before going back to the 

"I'm sure a far better venue than this would probably good, don't you think?  I never got your name, either.  Ah, sorry.  Jade Hunter, Hirru, at your service.  Although, I'm sure you have already heard that from my conversation earlier."

He would greet the shadow before gesturing towards the warp vestibule.

"Would a different floor be more your fancy?  Possibly someplace with a large safe zone?"

Nari returned the nod from Hirru, before collecting herself. The conversation had taken a turn - not quite a peaceful, or relaxed turn - but somewhat less aggressive than moments before. Enough so, that Nari felt comfortable leaving the Jade Hunter and the newcomer alone. Her judge of character had always been iffy at best, but Nari wasn't getting the dangerous vibes from the newcomer that she had been feeling upon their first appearance. Perhaps she was letting her guard down, or perhaps there really was nothing to worry about...

"Until next time, Hirru. And, I'll be keeping an eye on this." She pointed to her friend's list and mini-map that she had open, staring at the other girl with an intent look before turning back towards Hirru. "Hopefully we can have that celebration that you were so looking forwards to, in the coming days. I'll send out some feelers, see who's still going out beyond their front doors...and who would be interested in such a celebration."

Without any further commentary on the odd situation, she turned and made her way towards the teleporter. There was lots to do, now, and she didn't want to loiter any longer. I've loitered far too long as it is. It's time to get back to clearing this world, and freeing us all. Yuki gave a huff at her heel, as if reading Nari's thoughts. She smiled down towards the fox before activating the teleporter and making her way towards the fourth, ready to return home for the time being.

Thread Summary
Word Count: 8,378

Nari-Lanreth
EXP: 8,738 / 10 x 8 x 60% = 4,190 EXP

Hirru
EXP: 8,738 / 10 x 9 x 60% = 4,714 EXP
Col: 200

Dazia
EXP: 8,738 / 10 x 5 x 60% = 2,619 EXP
Col: 200