[PP - F01] Cast the fear aside, onwards! <<The First Few Lessons>> /!\|2 years ago|/!\

Sword now in hand, Fae felt a lot more confident. She had more experience out in the field than most people of her level, she had been surprised earlier and that was the o lyreason the boar landed such a good hit, now she was ready. "Don't worry about me, I'm stronger than I look. Besides," Fae tapped the belts on her left thigh that held her vials of reddish liquid, each being a healing potion that could negate just about anything she took short of death "These little guys will keep me out of trouble." Fae watched as the boar that had hit her turned, its tusks aimed menacingly as it snorted beginning its second charge.

Fae locked eyes with the boar brandishing her sword just as menacing as the tusks she was faced against. Waiting until the last second Fae spun out of the way of the charge her sword an extension of her arm as it sliced across the beast an explosion of data following close suit. The other three boars were coming in in a close pack charging just the same as they always did. Fae planned to dodge the second boar like she had the first, trying to spin out of the way at the last moment Fae misjudged her timing giving the boar enough time to alter its course back towards her.

Realizing her mistake as it happened Fae immediately brought her blade up the flat facing the boar diverting most of the power of its charge damage still leaking through the parry. She wasn't so lucky though when the third boar took this moment to graze her side. Fae watched her health bar drop below fifty percent as she leapt away from the group, putting enough distance between them and herself as she could. "Okay, maybe I was a bit overzealous, but they're still only boars. Just stop them before they kill me" Fae looked back towards Nari winking before returning her gaze to what was important hoping that the dark humor helped hide the ever so slight panic that she felt.

Spoiler

Combat

Faerie | Lv. 2 | HP: 15/40 (-17) | EN: 6/22 (+1 -9)| DMG: 7

Basic Boar 1 | HP: 0/24 | DMG: 8
Basic Boar 2 | HP: 24/24 | DMG: 8
Basic Boar 3 
HP: 24/24 | DMG: 8
Basic Boar 4 HP: 24/24 | DMG: 8

Round 2

ID210482 | BD: 10 | <<AOE-1 vs. Basic Boar 1>> | Major Critical Hit! 9*4 = 36 DMG | Target Destroyed!
ID210483 | BD: 2 | <<AOE-1 vs. Basic Boar 2>> | Miss! | MD: 9 | Minor Critical Hit! 9 DMG
ID210484 | BD: 4 | <<AOE-1 vs. Basic Boar 3>> | Miss! | MD: 1 | Critical Miss!
ID210485 | BD: 3 | <<AOE-1 vs. Basic Boar 4>> | Critical Miss! | MD: 7 | Hit! 8 DMG

Word Count: 349

Edited by Faerie

As I was searching for more materials in the plains, I kept a tight eye on my allies' health bar, especially Fae's.

I was worried, but expected her to handle a few boars on her own, and that's why I stuck to foraging. Rounding around bushes, I spotted a few tufts of grass that looked particularly, let's say, "alchemistic". I bent over and fell face-first into the bushes, prickling my skin on multiple occasions while waddling my way towards my prize.
And for once, my eyes didn't deceive me.

Gather materials for Zackeriah the Alchemist: 1/5

Spoiler

LD: 12+3 = 15 | Success!
Roll ID: 210550

Stocking the material in my inventory, a bit of pride in me, I took a look at my companions' status. And then, dread overcame my body.
I saw Fae's bar changing colour, turning yellow. I could not really hear what was being said, but as I popped my head back out of the bush, I saw that she was clutching her side, her gaze focused on the opponents.

A multitude of thoughts happened all at once. Ranging from she'll be fine to several deaths, right before my eyes. The more I lingered on the thought, the more terrified I became. Up until my knees gave up underneath me. I landed softly on the grass, backpedalling lightly as fear built inside me, my hands slipping on the grass.

I had to make a choice, here and there. Risk my life and try to prevent the loss of others, or run away and abandon, yet again, people to their fate. I was not built to endure, I had no equipment, and I knew I had no way of really defending myself.

As I turned around, making ready to bolt away, a crystalline sound echoed from below me. I stopped my motion and lowered my gaze. At my belt were the three potions I had started with and readied just in case. The flasks had just rung when colliding against each others. 
It was true that I had no weapon, no armour. But I still had consumables at hand. And fucking guts. I muttered to myself. I spun around, towards the ongoing fight. There was this sinking feeling overwhelming me, one that I had felt many times before back in my fencing days. The kind of stress that helps you sharpen your senses just before a skirmish.
The time was ripe to show what I had learnt all these years. Not my skills, but what I was made of. Fuck the masks, fuck my pride, I'm not about to let people die before my eyes, just because I'm afraid that they'll think of me as a monster.

I narrowed my eyes, breathed in one big gulp of air, clutched one of my potions in my hand and started sprinting towards the animals, past Nari and slid into the field, resolved to see the end of this battle.

— Hey! You four-legged bacon! Come get a piece of me!

Spoiler

Word count: 491

Edited by Avoryn

Nari's posture changed slightly, a minor straightening in her stance that bespoke the reaction that she was having towards the scene before her. Fae's health had already dropped significantly, and although the girl hadn't called for help, Nari was one step away from rushing in regardless. The only thing holding her back was the fact that she knew what it was likely to have another come to your rescue, especially when you didn't need it. It's not over quite yet...if she can just get the upper hand, and avoid any major retaliation...she should be okay.

Her hesitation gave leave to another, though. Her eyes shifted as the form of Avoryn rushed outwards, arms waving in an attempt to call the boar's attention to herself. The entire situation had gone from serious, to hilarious in the pace of a few steps, and Nari found herself giggling in response. "You two look like you've got this...although, I feel like...err...maybe you could use this..."

Nari drew from her inventory an item that she had recently collected as part of a quest, tossing the piece over towards Avoryn with a smile. The piece stretched out and unfurled as it seemed to sail through the air, before landing at the girl's feet in a small pile. She'd forgotten about the piece up until this exact moment, and figure it could at least provide some sort of assistance, if not an entirely beneficial one.

Throwing Tealeaf Whip{1} [T1 Whip | DMG I] to @Avoryn

Fae had put ample distance between herself and the boars, but that distance wasn't going to giver her much of a chance to do anything, the four legged beasts would be able to cover the distance she had made in seconds, and she wouldn't be able to slip one of the vials on her thigh out and drink it before they made their way to her. Keeping her eyes forward Fae watched as the boars dug their hooves into the ground snorting as they did, clearly preparing for another charge to run through Fae.

Before anyone was able to make any moves however, a green blur appeared in between the two sides. Avoryn had stepped between the boars and Fae calling out to them in order to pull their attention away from her. The distraction was the perfect blessing as Fae brought her offhand to her thigh and slipped one of the vials out of its belt quickly downing it and watching as her health is brought back up to full. "Thank you Avoryn. That was the perfect distraction, though without a weapon I wouldn't recommend that you stay here long." Fae passed by the green haired woman quickly this time making sure that she was in front of her "I would hate to see you get hurt on my behalf." not even a few seconds later Fae heard their higher level companion call out to Avoryn throwing something through the air that landed by her feet. It seemed to be some sort of weapon which would definitely help. "You should grab that, though focus more on not getting hit, that armor won't do you much good until you've worn it for longer." The pair would now be able to fight the boars together and it would make the fight a lot easier.

Spoiler

Combat

Faerie | Lv. 2 | HP: 40/40 (+50) | EN: 7/22 (+1)| DMG: 7

Basic Boar 3 
HP: 24/24 | DMG: 8

Round 3

Fae Uses Starter Healing Potion | Heals 50 HP

ID210741 | Used Consumable | <<Basic Boar 2 attacks Faerie>> | MD: 3 | Miss!
ID210742 | Used Consumable | <<Basic Boar 3 attacks Faerie>> | MD: 3 | Miss!
ID210743 | Used Consumable | <<Basic Boar 4 attacks Faerie>> | MD: 2 | Miss!

Spoiler

Word Counter: 303

Edited by Faerie

The boars heard me as they were preparing their next charge, shifting ever so slightly their attention before focusing again on their initial opponent. Thankfully, this helped Fae to dive out of the way and proceed a potion from her thigh to her lips and top up her health bar.

I sighed in relief, preparing myself to dodge incoming blows from now on.
I heard Fae's warning, one that I knew all too well. Don't. Get. Hit. This was obvious to anyone, the less you get hit, the more your HP stays green. But in my case, seeing that I was practically naked and any injury I would suffer could be dramatic in an instant. 
But I also had a potion in hand, ready to down it as soon as I get in a pinch.

— Don't worry about me Fae, I'm just here to help distract a bit. I won't steal your spotlight. Also, I would hate to see you get hurt because I didn't intervene.

One loud snap broke the stillness of the battle, reaching for me. I looked over my shoulder and saw that Nari had sent me a weapon, some sort of whip.
I deftly reached for it, wondering how to use this kind of weapon, as I had settled for heavy axes and not a dextrous weapon as this one.

Equipping Tealeaf Whip | Tier 1 Whip | DMG +1

I unfurled it, striking left and right to test it, a booming crack echoing with each movement.

— That's a weapon... Or tool... I was not expecting to wield one day. I'll definitely hand it back after that fight. I'm not interested. Be it for fighting or... Other... Stuff. I swallowed my saliva, focusing myself back on the battle. Alright, Fae-Fae, let's do this!

Word count: 295

Edited by Avoryn

Nari leaned back against the wall, watching as Fae downed a healing potion and Avoryn picked up the whip. It had just been something that she had in her inventory - an item from a quest, if she remembered correctly - but the green-haired woman somehow seemed uncomfortable with it. "Sorry, didn't really have anything else that would work. Err...yeah, sure, I mean, I don't use it much myself, so if you keep it no big deal. I don't think I'll ever use something like a whip."

She glanced over at the boars, taking in the fact that Fae had already put one down. The others seemed riled up, ready to continue the fight and press against the two combatants. Somehow, Avoryn joining the fray had made Nari less comfortable - Fae had come with a weapon, and a stance that bespoke their ability to use it. Avoryn, however, seemed...almost at a loss. You're reading too much into it...just...watch and wait. You may be surprised.

Arms crossed, Nari decided to do just that. For the moment, she wasn't needed - at least, not until things got a lot more chaotic. "Whatever you do, don't stand directly in front of them - gives them a good charging target! Try and stay slightly off to the left or right, that way they have to angle and turn, something you can see coming and...well, maybe jump out of the way of...maybe."

Fae just smiled at her green haired companion, it was beyond sweet that she was willing to hop into the middle of the combat with nothing in hand. Now holding a whip in her hand Avoryn had some form of weapon to fight alongside Fae with, even if it wasn't the best weapon on the planet. "Thanks Avoryn, I appreciate your help!" Fae tossed the empty vial that she was holding and turned back to face her opponents holding the sword towards them as she prepared herself for another attack. Fae waited until right before one of the boars was about to charge before she launched herself forward pausing for a single moment to let her sword art activate before slashing three times in quick succession hoping to land a solid hit on all of the boars that were left. 

Another one of the porcine creatures exploded into a shower of sparks after her blade pierced its hide falling short of the other boars. Fae didn't have a moment to waste as another boar came charging at Fae. Bringing her blade level with the creature Fae tried to activate another sword art, finding the task to be impossible completely throwing off the strike that she made and giving one of the boars the perfect opportunity to slash its tusk along her side. "Don't let yourself run out of energy Ryn. It will make this a lot more difficult." Fae looked back at her combat partner before jumping back to bring herself in line with her.

Spoiler

Combat

Faerie | Lv. 2 | HP: 32/40 (-8)| EN: 1/22 (+1,-7)| DMG: 7

Basic Boar 3 
HP: 0/24 | DMG: 8

Round 3

ID211501 | BD: 5 | <<AOE-1 Vs. Boar 2>> | Miss! | MD: 7 | Hit! 8 DMG
ID211502 | BD: 8 | <<AOE-1 Vs. Boar 2>> | Hit! 7*4 = 28 DMG| Target Destroyed!
ID211503 | BD: 3 | <<AOE-1 Vs. Boar 3>> | Miss! | MD: 2 | Miss!

Spoiler

Word Count: 255

Edited by Faerie