[OP-F11] Twas the Night Before Christmas-Eve

"I'm sure you are ready, and I'm not saying that condescendingly."

The hunter would put the plate down onto the table, as he was finished with the pie he had.  From what the player could see from the last time they had met, he was sure she was a capable fighter.  Even if she was just on a floor that was terrible for most other players.  Though, that does stand to reason for the hunter as well.

"You stood your ground when we talked and met that one player, and I would say that is enough."

Hirru was slightly more serious as he continued.  This was due to him being a coordinator and tactician of the front lines for a couple raids.  He would not dare bring someone that was not prepared.  That would go against everything that he had worked up to.

"Though, would like to have your assistance in something, if you're willing.  It'll let me see how you fair against things that don't exactly run by conventional rules."

His demeanor softened a bit before going back into a jovial laugh.  The talks would come and skills will be accessed, but now was not that time.  They had some friendly conversations going on, and it was good to enjoy the lot.  Even with the year going by quietly, it was something that he didn't mind too much.

"But that is another time.  Let us greet the holidays with spirit, not toil."

He would say while bringing up a glass.

"Our path is long, but that does not deter us.  Quiet it may be, but it will not be for long.  The next floor awaits.  With each other, we will succeed.  To friends!"

He would toast.

Edited by Hirru
  • 1 month later...

Jomei let out a small sigh, "I've always found that the holidays, sometimes, tend to be the quietest. We've all been stuck in this world for so long, fighting for our lives.. it becomes quite the distraction. But this time of year, when we start to remember spending time with our friends.. our families.. some of us kind of.. shut down? Isolate ourselves to deal with that in peace." his shoulders rose and fell with a shrug. "I can tell you, I've definitely been hit with that bug before." Despite the sour topic, the ginger's lips spread into a small smile as he looked between those in attendance, "Having good friends to spend time with definitely helps though. I truly appreciate you accepting the invitation and joining me this year." 

Taking a large swill of his drink - not that the alcohol in it would do anything other than provide a 'spicy' taste - Jomei would change the topic, "But enough of that." 

"Hirru, you know I would be more than happy to join you on any hunt. I'm not much of a scout, and I don't know much in terms of grinding, but I think the two of us held our own pretty well the last time we went out. You'll always have my sword, just as you've always provided yours.. or I guess your shield now." he said with a small chuckle. "Just say the word." 

"And Nari, I can assure you, you're just as strong as the rest of the frontliners. Experience in the boss raids doesn't make you the best of the best. I've seen you time and time again prove yourself. You'll make an excellent member of anyone's party, and a fine addition to the frontliners."

Just as Hirru rose his cup, Jomei would do the same with a grin. "To friends!" 

• 5 months later...

Thread Complete
Total Word Count: 6633 / 22 Posts Total
6633 / 10 * 0.5 = 331.65
Jomei | 7 Posts | T.10 | 3316 Exp | 630 Col
-T4 Perfect Weapon UnID [203747a]
- (1) Perfect HP Recovery (Mass) crystal [210418]

@Hirru | 7 Posts | T.10 | 3316 Exp | 630 Col
- (1) Perfect HP Recovery (Mass) crystal [210563]

@Nari-Lanreth | 6 Posts | T.8 | 2653 Exp | 531 Col
-T4 Perfect Weapon UnID [203747b]