[F01; PP] A Chance Encounter

Nari nodded as the player seemed to recite things to drive it all home. To make themselves understand. She smiled, as she listened - the boy was clearly trying to psyche himself in preparation for the steps to come. Steps that Nari knew would be difficult, but that could be obtained with a bit of patience, practice...and a fair amount of effort. 

"Exactly. Start simply...and you'll get there. Perhaps one of these days, you and I will be fighting to clear the floors, shoulder to shoulder." She let the thought linger on the air for a moment, hoping that it would drive the player forwards even more. She knew that it would require more than just the two of them, but small goals kept people going - and that's what it was all about. Keeping going. "For now though...how about we get to Tolbana before the boars decide they've had enough of us lazing about on their turf?"

She let out a slight laugh, before turning to continue on towards the town in the distance. They still had a little bit of a walk ahead of them, and the last thing Nari wanted was to delay any further. "And...if you ever need help with any quests, or just help in general...you can always reach out to me."

She brought up her menu, flicking through it before finding the key that she wanted. A quick press of a button, and then the notification appeared before the other player, hovering in the air.

Nari-Lanreth has sent you a friend request!
Yes.png Accept No.png Reject

As he walks with her, Xlear smiles at the thought of being seen as a reliable player to the others. Yet, he also couldn't help but feel guilty for his friends behind. He hoped they'd heed his warning to stay behind. Maybe he could send them messages, updating on the progress of the game after every floor. That seemed like something he could do. Now, he felt a bit better about doing this. When Nari mentioned of going with him, he held a hand up as if to stop her. "Wait. I think I can take it from here for right now. You're probably busy and got something else you need to do. Like getting yourself ready for the next floor!" He steps closer and gives her a tap on the shoulder, smiling. "I'll be careful, promise. You schooled me on what to do and how to act with these quests! What do you say we make a deal? If I can't catch up to you guys buy the next floor, I'll call you for help, 'kay?" 

Xlear then notices the blip in his menu, quickly swiping down to find not one, but two alerts. First, was the friend request he received from Nari, which he quickly accepted. Second, was a message reply. It was from Genma and Haruto! Quickly, Xlear tapped on the name to see their response.

Sorry that you felt the need to do this..but we decided we can't let you beat us even in this, buddy! We're gonna be there together!

Wait for us on the front lines!

Xlear felt himself getting a bit teary-eyed yet smiled. Looks like all they needed was him to wake them up. "Even better now...my buddies are okay! So instead of just me, you'll be seeing three new faces taking these bosses down left and right! Won't have to worry about me anymore! Just have to worry about all of us!" He laughed at this, inspiration and confidence being projected as well from this laugh. "So, new plan, let's tackle a crazy quest when I get to...the fifteenth floor! Sound good? Laters!" With a wave, he rushes off towards Tolbana, punching at the air in victory of inspiring his friends to join him. Everything was going to go well for him now.