[F22-PP] A Day and A Life

"I've learned to live with it and my relationship with Freya has grown from nothing to more than I could ever imagine." Smiling as she turns to Rai blushing a bit. Eruda started to think about everything they had gone through. This game has taken so much, but has also given them much more. Thinking about how everyone has grown, and yet the game hasn't moved forward since the last floor completion. The weirdest feeling was, Eruda didn't feel like anything had to actually be done. Like time has frozen in the world of Aincrad. No word of player killers reaping the halls, or people dying. It was like everything was at a halt. 

Twisting her head a bit, "I..." Eruda's face turns red as she thinks very carefully. "I have felt more at ease than I ever have with you here. I don't have the urge to fight anymore, cause I don't really feel I have to." Grabbing Raidou's hands, locking her fingers with his. "We already live together, and it feels like we have known each other forever," gripping his hands tighter. "What would you say to taking the next step in our lives together?" Biting her bottom lip softly, but a serious look runs across her peach skin gazing into his amber eyes. 

"Same." The simple response, where the longest could have been instilled and filled. A gentle smile rode his face for keeps, and although jarring in it's recent arrival it was as if it was always there beneath a mask. Eruda knew him well enough that his explanation didn't need to be deep. "It feels so, finished. Like a puzzle finally solved, or a final step in plan had worked. I don't know how else to describe it then that." Raidou admitted at the peculiar and yet prevalent feeling boiling in his stomach.

As he sized the girl up, soaking his concentration in her azure eyes. "I'd like that, maybe you can help me actually own furniture. I've never been in it long enough to really decorate outside of the necessities." Hair in the largest net, glasses nowhere to be found, and yet he couldn't be more comfortable. It was as if he was right where he was meant to be. The sudden epiphany hit him, and he gestures down to his right pant pocket. Pulling out four balled up and soggy slips of paper, and letting them go to float upon the ocean. He fishes out the small tan bag with a drawstring, dripping profusely as its removed. "Oops." He chuckles, as he unfurls the top and plucks out a bit of seaweed. Shortly after a singular and simple silver ring. "Can I see your finger?"

Gleaming under the light above them, a curve of her lips making it clear that happiness filled her heart. "I knew that you go out and do random things, but when did you have time to get this?" The waves flow over their heads soaking them more than they already were. Eruda finds long blonde hair covering her face, trying to blow it away with no result, couldn't help but laugh at the notion. Combing her bangs to open the view again, small fists against her eyes trying to clear the vision. Watching the water carefully as to not be blasted again. 

Coughing a bit from the recent obscurity, Eruda slowly back peddles toward land. Facing Raidou so that talking was still possible, "I am not sure I would be able to help with decoration. My room was a bare as could be, I mean minus my favorite books." Moving inches away from the man in black, it was a bit weird seeing the Nomad without his blood red robe. "What about your room, huh? I bet you had alchemy equipment laying everywhere." Granted, it was just a guess, but he was so good at it. He had to of done something close to potion making back home right? "Books! Loads of them..." Still guessing as that distance came further and feet hit solid ground finally. Sitting down in the shallowness, pushing fingers into the sand to keep from moving forward.  

The waves still that heavy warmth, keeping them both nestled in a hearth like embrace that showed no signs of stopping. The sun had transitioned just a bit, and found itself peaking just a bit more outside the clouds above. It offered a shine on both the water that surrounded them and gleamed off a small sliver band that Raidou had slipped upon her finger. "I got them from a little girl named Agatha as a quest reward the second time I saved her from a load of bats. You'd think after the first time, her mother would have done a better job watching her." He comments in regard to the weirdest albeit fitting quest: let there be light. "At the time, I didn't really know what to do with them. But after a while, I found a use for them. At least until I find something better, it can act as a promise ring. I find them...strangely too important to discard." There it was, the sentimentalist in him.

He then began to give chase, arms peaking out of the water in a light pursuit. "Then we are doomed to an empty building. Until I inevitably fill it with all manner of random junk I get on missions." spoken with a chuckle. "I always imagined that your room would have been something very colorful, given the tailoring choice. I mean...my robe wasn't exactly a dull color." Closing the gap and pushing closer to shore, keeping with her. "My room is just like my shack in the mists. A disaster. I get so focused on everything that I tend to leave my thoughts all over the place. But I resent that other statement, I'll have you know I take good care of my equipment." Finally breaking the waves, his feet beginning to find purchase on the sand as layers of liquid ooze from him in droves. Taking a seat in the sand, he'd need to sunbake given he did not have a towel. The wanderer for once wasn't prepared, and for once he just didn't fucking care.

Seeing Raidou walk past her and sit on dry land, it didn't seem like he noticed that Eruda had set 2 towels aside. Maybe the wanderer thought the second towel was for the wolf. Raising a brow, getting up, leaving wet prints behind, walking toward the prepared area. Testing the warmth of the food, it was still somewhat warm, but two of the four sandwiches disappeared. Glancing to the dog with a smug look rolling across her face, Raserei was drinking water not paying Eruda any mind. Grabbing the two cloths and the remaining food, including what Freya had prepared, making her way toward Raidou. Holding the fabric, both breaded content and a bowl on one arm, Eruda tosses a dry towel toward Raidou.

Setting things down, spreading the other neatly on the tan beach floor, "Believe it or not I was a waitress back home. The sense of fashion was always Freya, weird how it turned out here though." Thinking about what could possibly be put into their house to make it more homely, "If we put everything that is in that noggin of yours around the house, it would look like we are hoarders. If we did mine, it would look like a rainbow storm... No thank you... Maybe..." laughing at this thought of how disastrous it would look, sitting on the rough pad, "Maybe photo's or something. Or..." index finger goes to the chin looking up to the now clouded sky, "Hmm, a library of sorts. Filled with our favorite books, like Shakespeare or..." with that, the blonde's eyes drift down to the Nomad's. "I know you liked reading, but you never mentioned what?" Given the context of all his note taking and formula's, that couldn't possibly be what he favors, right??

Taking the chopsticks into her fingers, after wiping her hands against the fabric, Eruda takes a bite of the delicious dish. Raserei gives a small warning howl staring at the sky, "She must know something that we don't," Following the directing the fire dog was looking. Without taking her gaze off the thickness that was pilling above them, Eruda holds out the dish for Raidou to take.

212778    5    8    16    10    Eruda        Tossing a towel    2023-06-28 08:40:12 Miss for intention...

As Raidou is tossed a towel, without a second thought he snatches it out of the air. Reflexes still primed and ready it seemed, like riding a bike it wasn't something he could forget. Beginning to rub it across his head, in a feverish scratching. It takes the moisture out of his brown hair, leaving it a little wacked but a lot less ropey. "Rasarei seems to be enjoying herself." he responds, looking off to the hound that seemed to be paying her little mind. Grabbing a corner of the cover and helping the girl spread it out upon the sand.

His hands slow a bit, as he listens to Eruda. "A waitress, I couldn't have guessed or pictured that." The nomad reaches out and takes the bowl she was providing, gesturing through a screen to pluck a pair of chopsticks out. "You are not wrong. Guess neither of us are very homemaker'ish" Taking the first piece of their respective meal into his mouth, chewing as he stared wistfully at the ocean. The wolf hound playing an excellent form of focus as she started howling. "A few academic research books, a number of books of poetry. As well as some history manuals and whatnot. Not too particular, but it usually strays from fiction." An irony given their current situation, Aincrad being a form of digital fiction turned horror story. As the hound continued to howl and yap, Raidou's attentions turn to curiosity.

"Clearly."

Sitting there watching the gray zoom past, there was some sentiment in the poetry. Reaching over with her sticks, taking another piece to her lips. Remembering the first poetic statement that she heard. "A rose with pedals that wilt in the morning dew, A lily like no other that has sprouted from the forgotten remains of a time that burned from a clock long ago." Glancing over to Rai, knowing that he forgot nothing. "It held meaning then, and it holds meaning now. You should make your own book." The wolf approaches with a winning sound coming from her lungs. 

Rubbing that wet fur against Eruda's arm, it was no longer dry. "Why are you afraid of a little rain, you were just in the water..." Raising a brow to the pup, scuffling the warm dampness of her coat. "I was a waitress for 2 years 3 months and 5 days. They were the only ones that would hire a 16 year old and I needed the money to move out." Now that she thought about it, there were a few other places that could have been possible, clothing shop was one of them. Knowing now what she didn't know then, that would have been something else that Eruda would have been good at. The major problem was that trying wasn't an option back then. "I guess we should be heading home now. Raserei was having fun then that happened," pointing up. "Not sure I understand how the water was okay for her but the storm coming scares her... Water was never one of her favorites before..." Very curious look toward the wolf as she cowards next to Eruda as close as possible. 

"Maybe after we drop the scardy cat off we can go to the... Is there even a library in Aincrad? I don't remember seeing one" Eruda takes the last piece from the container, there really didn't seem to be that much. Did Freya not think that this wasn't going to be shared. "One other thing," she says as she starts to get up. "We should get a bigger bed..." letting that sentence fade off, Eruda knew what that meant, did he? "Let us go home and clean up. I have sand where it shouldn't be," saying with a small chuckle that made her turn away from the Nomad's gaze. Hearing thunder rolling above them now, "I thought it didn't rain here often... What is going on..."

As the sky began to darken, it seems their little foray was about to be cut short. "You remember that? I hadn't really ever considered writing them down. It was a form of comfort. Usually people didn't understand me, and it allowed them to apply their own meanings to what I said. Hearing what they want to hear, and cuts tension and direct inspection." Raidou analyzed his prior speaking patterns. "Some times its the easiest way for me to get my thoughts out quickly. Think of it like a struggle to convey what I'm thinking clearly. I blame Mari for the change, it used to piss her off so much. Actually that wasn't the only thing that pissed her off. That woman is difficult." He admitted as he got back to his feet and pushed a pair of glasses onto his nose.

"It's not that I cannot imagine you being a hard worker, just given how timid you were waitressing seemed an odd choice. I can admit I'd never attempt it, but it does show how much you made your mind up." Starting to collect their belongings and return them to various containers, trying to get ahead of the winds before they'd pick up. A few scattering bits of sand as he folds the towel and lets it hang limply on his right forearm. "There is a couple, although they are mostly abandoned. Most of the works inside are 'game lore' though, you'll find they are worthless given it looks like the script wasn't followed at all. And they are completely uninspired in comparison to what we actually got."

Starting to walk as Eruda drops the whammy. Clapping an open palm with the side of his fist. "Right, I didn't even think of that. I need to head to the furniture place on floor 1. It's only been... 7 months since then." Setting up some plans to go and see what they had in the store. Perhaps he'd need a custom order. Coughing once sharply once Eruda drops out her sand problem. "I...uh..ok."

Slipping her dress back on, it was soaked from Raserei shaking an ocean on it. Picking the towel up, shaking it away from them and placing it across her shoulders. The cloth was also damp so coldness was going to stay, shivering a bit. Placing the empty container in her bag, knowing that is might just vanish from having completed what it was used for. "Were?" That word stuck, she knew the answer to it. "Thanks, I think..."Eruda has grown so much, but she wanted to here Raidou say it. "Also, how could I ever forget. Even though I was so angry with you at that moment, those words just seemed to calm me. It was so beautiful," wanting to say more, but didn't because she didn't want to embarrass herself more. "That is what your poetic statements do to me and I honestly I am not sure all of what it means but it was still soothing."

"I didn't really know Mari, just that most hated her. Lashed out a lot I guess. I don't like judging people, I want to know them first and make my own opinion." The one time they met, she was trying to calm another person. Still really unsure how all that went down. Wasn't really sure if it ended well, but there was no other peep about it.

"Ugg, I wish they had the heart to at least give us that. I mean I guess it would act as a distraction for the game and god only knows we can't have that. Maybe I'll just make my own version, how hard could it be?" Wolf by her feet, as sprinkles on water start to drop. "I'll go with you, maybe seeing things in the shop will give us an idea of what a house is supposed to look like." Something right then occurred to Eruda.

Holding the towel closer to her chest with the latched to her left arm "So uh... We also have another place to go..." It was an almost terrifying thought. "My father..." saying as she glances down at the ring. "I told him that if I ever, that he would be the first to know given his reaction with Gaius and Freya. Maybe you should use your poetry on him..." Eruda was genuinely scared to mention it to Griswold. "I mean we could just let it sit for, I don't know, a while, cause it's still so new and I don't..." Realizing that she was rambling, stopping talking and covers her face as they step on the gate, "Floor 1," in a muffled voice... 

• 3 weeks later...

With most of the beach goods packed up Raidou was settled to return home, at least to drop them off and allow the towels to dry. "Perhaps I'll consider it." The guy remarks to the thought of publishing his poetry. As he'd trace some footsteps in the sand, still rather damp from his excursion into the water. They created hefty pockets where the liquid helped press down the terrain, leaving small fingerprints in memory of the day. Which would last up until the rain washed it all away.

"Mari, is misunderstood. She means well, she made mistakes. Wears an orange cursor, but the mark it left on her is much deeper then that. I've had to do things much worse, and I can understand how that can make someone feel. You can see their faces, hear their voices. Although I've come to terms with it, doesn't mean I've forgotten them. Neither can she, which is a good thing. She just doesn't know how to handle it, Mari is grieving for them and is condemning herself in tandem. But it was hardly her fault."

Keeping pace with Eruda, clearly putting his thoughts to words. His analysis of Mari, and how similar it was to his own escapades. "Circumstances made her act, either through accident or leaving her no other options. I cannot say I've had such an accident, but the second I understand completely. Soon so will Freyd, given the book." The serene look on his face, a simple acknowledgement as to what the Black Book meant. "As to the libraries, It makes sense. They want us focused on the medium, or its a problem with copywrite. They could not very well copy the entire book of Hamlet here, given it would be repurposing a work as a selling point in a game. Although there is little stopping us from recreating the entire thing from memory."

Finally reaching the warp pad, As Eruda's conversations continue to flow like rapids out of a dam. Clearly she was nervous. The inquiry migrates right to Griswold, her father. "I am aware, and I won't let this sit. I will face him, and make clear my intentions. He deserves to know and not be avoided. I am not afraid to tell him how I feel, and how important you are to me. He'll have to learn to accept it. Floor 22 - Coral" A flash of blue light, and the nomad moves on.

Hearing him say floor 22 while she said 1, Eruda rushes back to the pad calling out "Floor 22, Coral" in hopes to catch him before getting too far. Wishing that the nerve would fall, Eruda didn't want to walk around scared of sharing those feelings. That warmth of the town against her skin hits, Raidou already a few paces away. Breathing in deeply to ease that mind of hers. 

Heading to the house, Eruda unlocks the door, setting the bag at the entrance. "I'm wondering if Mari would agree to a get together, coffee or lunch maybe. I want to know her like you do, but I am worried she wouldn't give me the time of day." After being inside, starting to walk down the hall, Eruda takes her soaking wet dress off. Walking into the empty room, it was oddly very empty. The fact that making clothing was in Eruda's very nature, but not having much herself, besides what Simmone had bought for her. Going through the closet, it seemed more real for them to be hung up instead of just sitting as a bundled cloth in her inventory. Touching each fabric as she moves them, realizing now that they were all dresses. "I think Simmone wants me to look like a human size Barbie doll..." eyes glaring inside the closet, calling out from the room as a silk, silver dress with deep gray lining around the waist, with a see through netting showing that silver underneath fluttered out just below her knees caught her eye. It was tank top looking sleeves with a v neck showing a little more than she wanted, but it would do. Plucking it from a hanger, looking toward the door that was left open. 

Walking out a few minutes later, tying her hair up with a pink bow. "I am going to have to talk to Simmone about her choice in clothing. I mean this is one of the decent ones," looking down at her gown. Exhaling a bit, picking up the bag to clear the content inside. "As for the books, I am sure that people would love to read more than just game tutorial stuff." Grabbing a glass of water before heading out again, "You're right about my father, and Freya is going to freak when she hears, Simmone and Kasumi too." Raserei was sleeping on the floor of what should be the living room. "So my dad first, then the furniture store?" Turning to face Raidou, who was doing is own thing at the moment. Taking a seat at the table, sipping her water. Eruda starting thinking about bride Zilla kinda stuff, but knowing far well that she wasn't going to be the zilla... "Oh man are they gonna freak..." letting out loosly under her breath as she stares into the cup lost in thought... 

A quick mode switch, thinking about Raidou standing up to father, trying to figure out how that would play out, causing her cheeks to change color... Eruda's mind was everywhere right now.

Thread completion

Word count.jpg

8679/10=868

Eruda:
868*6=5208*.7=3646 EXP
3646*.15=546 Col (Given to Raidou)

Raidou:
868*13=11284*.7=7899 EXP
3646*.15=546 Col (Eruda)

7899*.15=1185 Col (Raidou)
400 (Page count, 1pg)
400+546+1185=2131 Total Col