[F05-PP] Quirks of Fate <<Bloodstained Land>>

'I really can't stand this guy,' Freyd thought to himself, tired of listening to Abdullah prattle on about what a magnificent human being he thought himself to be.  Feigning neither interest nor disinterest Freyd simply repeated his request.

"Yes, and thank you for the delightful lesson on the history of peeling grapes, Abdullah.  I shall treasure it always.  Now, perhaps we could review, once again, the location of this mutant land shark your bartender mentioned?  It's a curiosity I'd hoped to observe for myself while I was here."  He was lying through his teeth, already having scanned the floor with Tracking and knowing exactly where the beast was.  Freyd's true interest was in gleaning the secret art it unlocked - one he'd failed to find during his recent foray in the company of Qui, Nobody and Rencesvals.  This time would be different.  He could feel it.  Or, maybe there was just too much incense in the air?  The parlour reeked of it, and the pastel decor wasn't exactly helping.

"Of course, my friend," Abdullah responded, languidly lounging in his recliner.  Some poor, scantily clad woman fanned him with a giant frond that Freyd desperately wanted to light on fire.

"Ah!  Just the words I was hoping for," abruptly clapping, Freyd pivoted, full-face and started walking away.  

"What?  Wait." The quest giver was now the one incensed.  "Where are you going?!  Don't you know who I am?" 

"I do, and I don't care.  The quest tells me we needed to speak.  I spoke and you replied.  Now I see a green checkmark, which means our business is concluded."  A Cheshire grin spread across the Whisper's lips.  

"But we haven't yet negotiated terms.  I demand satisfaction!"  Freyd paused, half-turning to look directly at the frond-bearer. 

"Good luck, sweetheart.  This one's all bark and no bite.  Don't be afraid to poke him with the blunt end of that thing, if you have to."  Snapping his cowl tight and firmly in place, he rolled his left shoulder while making his way through Fortaleza's central square.  To no one in particular, he added: "Come on, Persi.  Let's go kill us a monster."

@Van @tricolor_mina  @Senno

Freyd consumes:

Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (5/6) - Freyd takes one portion and offer the rest to the party [Filled]
Red Velvet Meringue (Snack) | Evasion 2 | 197175
Liquor of Light (Potion) | Damage 3 | 183161-2
Mini Cheesecake (Meal) | T3 Mitigation 3

Freyd | HP: 1140/1140 | EN: 148/148 | DMG: 27 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 62 | LD: 5 | AA | FRSTB: 40 | PHASE | REC: 8 | V.D.: 125 | V.O.: 125

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadow
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 118
HP: 1140/1140
EN: 148/148

Stats:
Damage: 24+3
Mitigation: 30+45
Evasion: 3+2
Accuracy: 3+2+1
Battle Healing: 62
Loot Dice: 5
AA
FRSTB: 40
PHASE
REC: 8
V.D.: 125
V.O.: 125

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Hope's Covenant - Resolve +4 (T4 MA | AA, Phase, Frostbite, VO)
Armor: Ebonweave Breastplate (T4 LA | VD 2 | EVA 2)
Misc: Fragment of Possibilities (T4 Trinket | ACC 1 | EVA 1 | REC 2)

Skills:
Martial Arts R5
Battle Healing R5
Light Armor R5
Searching R4
Charge
Energist
Quick Change
Extended Mod Limit
Fighting Spirit
Howl
Extended Weight Limit

Active Mods:
Night Vision
Tracking
Meticulous
Emergency Recovery

Addons:
Ferocity
Precision
Resolve
Reveal
Stamina
Focused Howl

Active Extra Skills:
Disguise
Survival
Forgotten King’s Authority
Brawler

Inactive Extra Skills:
Meditation
Frozen Hide
Photosynthesize

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Crystal of Divine Light (Reusable) x1
Rhino's Horn (Reusable) x1
Hmr.Pk: The Thing Behind All Lies (T4 Demonic MA, AA, Blight, Static, Para.Ven (Off)) x1
EWL: Samael's Pride (T4 MA | HLY 2 | FLN 2) x1
EWL: 

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Edited by Freyd

Senno stepped out of the teleport gate, materializing from a glittering mist of blue. She had finally made it to Fortaleza. Senno had been meaning to check it out for some time now but was a bit fearful of the enemies here. She wasn't anywhere close to the proper level and yet she wasn't quite sure how to bridge that gap. Senno had given herself a huge handicap by sitting out for so long and now that she finally had the guts to help, she was of little use. To make matters worse, she had sold her starting equipment for food during her low point.

What even am I supposed to do? Pull out a bucket and start begging?

Maybe some shop keep would take pity on her, but for now she was just wandering. Senno slipped between the setups of the bazaar and navigated to the town center. Her face scrunched up and eyes darted back and forth like CRT TV. She had no idea where she was going and even less of an idea what she would do when she got there.

Spoiler

Senno,
Level: 1
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 20/20
EN: 20/20

Stats:
Damage: 4

Equipped Gear:
Weapon:
Armor:
Misc:

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Straight Sword R1

Active Mods:

Inactive Mods:

Addons:

Active Extra Skills:

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
ITEM x1

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

This was the first time Vanessa had laid eyes on another floor. Much to her surprise, it felt like a completely different zone with the dry heat and sand in the air. A couple of strangers had recommended for her to come to this floor to level up more efficiently than on the first floor, though she still felt a bit hesitant in their advice. For some reason, they were quite a giddy bunch and it made the conversation easy to remember.

"You can do much better than this floor, girlie." Another would follow up, "Floor 5's where the real grind is."

"I've barely even been out of town here to train, isn't it too early to go up a floor?"

"Nah, not with that gear." The group would nod in agreement, "Ain't a thing gonna scratch you up with that armor. Hell, you might even be able to knock out some of the quests up there." They would all walk off not too soon after, but it seemed like someone had cracked a joke before they made it too far as they were all dying of laughter.

She could've sworn she had goosebumps, maybe they were laughing at her and the fact that she might have believed them. Maybe she still did. 'Ughhhh... Should I be here?' She didn't have a lot of confidence and felt like she should have messaged one of her newly made friends before coming up here. 'Maybe I should just ask someone.'

"Uh, e-excuse me..." A small whisper wasn't enough to grab attention of the first person she addressed, forcing her to try again on another player. "If I could have a mo-" Shrugged off with a flick of the wrist, Vanessa felt like she definitely wasn't meant to be here yet. She'd approach yet another player walking through the central square, hoping in vain, "Um, please help me..."

Van
Level 1
HP: 20 | EN: 20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 18
LD: 3

Spoiler

EQUIPPED

Malignant Blade | T1 Perfect Weapon (1HSS)
A fairly simple sword mounted on a black hit with guard, containing an amethyst within the pommel.
Enhancement: Damage [3 Slots] | Effect: +(1 * Tier) base damage per slot.

Unyielding Bastion | T1 Perfect Heavy Armor
A shining set of silver knight's armor, thick and durable. It bears some ornate, curved etchings for flair, but does not have any particular theme. The full helm has large slits for visibility, but can be latched upwards for a better view.
Enhancement: Mitigation [3 Slots] | Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage from successful attacks against you.

Crystal | T1 Perfect Trinket
A blue crystal. scraps of a larger crafting component.
Enhancement: Loot Die [3 Slots] | Effect: Gain +(1 per slot) to the LD.

Battle Ready Inventory

Starter Healing Potions (3) | Effect: Heals 50 HP

Skills

Spoiler

Mods: 0/5

1HSS | Rank 1/5
Effect: At Rank 1, gain +3 DMG. At Ranks 2-5, +1 per rank (max of +7 DMG for R5 Weapon Skill). At Rank 5, unlock the ability to specialize in a Combat Shift.

Sword Arts

Spoiler

Rank 1
[x4] ST-I (4 EN) | A single-target sword art.
[x3] AOE-I (1 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
[x4] TECH-A (5 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Violet let out a groan, fanning herself with her mask as she struggled to fend off the heat. She hated floor five, absolutely loathed it sometimes, but it was a necessary evil. There were plenty of things to do here, especially one of the more entertaining things that she could think of. Thats right, dragging people into scary-but-perfectly-safe scenarios. Freyd, the utter scoundrel, had given her the idea of doing so after he'd dragged her right through a dungeon and a high level quest back to back after ruining her precious taiyaki (Oh how she wished for another bite of that stuff, she hadn't had it in a while).

Needless to say, she'd been upset with him for a hot minute after the event.

She quietly checked over her menu, absentmindedly scratching Akame under her chin, earning a few chirps of delight from her precious lil lady. "Maa... lets see..." she murmured, looking at the locations of a few of her friends. Freyd was somewhere on the floor, so she shot him a quick message consisting of a rather brief hello, and a 'whatcha doin?', before going back to wandering the streets, Akame perching on top of her head.

bump

Only for Violet to almost immediately walk into someone, a girl with bright, vivid red hair, and golden eyes. "Ah, I'm sorry!" she squawked, fighting the urge to bow in apology. "I wasn't paying attention, sorry about that! Are you new here? Maybe need a guide or someone to show you around?" Before she could really get a response, she could hear a pitiful voice calling out for assistance. 'oh kami, who sent them here.' she thought, making a face. 'At least that one has Armor! did this one get mugged by the Army or something?'

Violet cleared her throat, before waving over the other girl (It would be hard to miss her, what with the bubble-gum pink hair, scars, and black mask + the lil pitch-black feathery dragon perched on her head that was chirping away). "Yoo-hoo, over here~!" she waved, manipulating her menu so she could pull out two Teleport crystals. "Yes, you! I got a present for you and the chick in front of me, consider it a gift from someone who's nicer than whatever punk sent you two to this floor!"

Gifting two Teleport crystals to both @Van And @Senno~!

Tricolor_Mina | HP: 720/720 | EN: 106/106 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 78 | ACC: 8 | BLGT: 32 | BRN: 56 | FRSTB: 40 | V.D.: 72

Spoiler

Tricolor_Mina,
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 11
HP: 720/720
EN: 106/106

Stats:
Damage: 21
Mitigation: 78
Accuracy: 9 (:3c ACC go brr) (3 Base + 3 from foob +1 each from Meticulous and Precision)
BLGT: 32
BRN: 56
FRSTB: 40
V.D.: 72

Equipped Gear:

Weapon: Jack's Burned Lament (Cursed Demonic Weapon - 1 Blight, 1 Freeze, 1 Burn)
Armor: Mask of Rose (T1 Perfect Trinket - 3 ACC)
Misc: Queen's Gambit (T4 Demonic Weapon - 2 MIT, 2 Vampiric Defensive)

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Saber R5
Light Armor R5
Charge
Energist

Active Mods:
Meticulous
Purify

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Focus
Resolve
Precision
Field Medic

Active Extra Skills:
First Aid R5
Parry

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:

5x Teleport Crystals
1x Crystal of The Blood Dragon Horde (ID: 214703, acquired from Here)

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

"Who are you harassing this time, Mina?"  A lone lanky figure clad mostly in black approached them, hands stuffed into non-apparent pockets at his side.  Tufts of unruly black hair stuck out defiantly from the edge of a charcoal-coloured cowl covering most of the rest of his head.  Ironically, in a desert environment, Freyd's garb looked less suspect than usual.  "Is this lady bothering you," he added jokingly to the two very new-looking players she'd enthusiastically accosted. 

"Wait... Vanessa?"  Recognizing her from a recent visit to his shop, the young woman looked a bit lost, but at least better equipped.  Ren's workmanship was apparent, reminding him that they'd met there also.  Watching Mina hand out crystals to the other two, his eyes softened with appreciation for her efforts.  "Let me guess," he added, fingers from his right hand suddenly darting through the air.  "You're all here looking for a challenge, right?  Turns out that I just signed up for a local gauntlet quest, and you're all invited along for the ride."  Party invite screens popped up in front of each of them.  By the time they looked up again, Freyd was half-way out the town gates and calling out back to them.

"What's with the similar hair colour, anyway?  Are you three sisters or something?"

~

It didn't take long to reach the sand pond where the terror dwelled.  Freyd had been here very recently to prepare for a floor raid, but hadn't quite managed to coax the beast's secrets being too pressed for time.  "So, he's a little temperamental."  The massive grey sand shark known as Terra Firma, thrashed and darted around the area with a frightening degree of violence.  Their group was safe on a rocky ridge overlooking the basic, but the wide assortment of bones in the pit didn't elicit a sense of calm or confidence.  Freyd didn't seem bothered in the slightest.  "Figured I'd try the whole tanking thing, if Mina can burn a hole or two through its hide."  Turning to his fellow frontliner, he added wit a grin: "You still remember how to use that, right?"  A quick nod made to her weapon.  "Oh, and I'm going to need to borrow these for a moment."

Before anyone could ask what he meant, Freyd leapt off the ridge and landed in the sands below.  Behind him, his three companions felt a chill and watched as a matching number of dark forms followed the Whisper on his reckless advance - their own shadows had left them behind.  The heavy thump of his landing instantly traveled through the sands and captured the beast's attention.  "Montjoy, if you please, make him very, very angry."  Freyd's own shadow nodded back at him then rallied the three others that stood on their own nearby.  All four shot towards Terra Firma and harried it in a roiling mass of darkness and light.  Roars followed, and the creature charged towards him while Freyd stood at the ready.  "Excellent. Let's do this."

Looking down again, each player found their shadows returned and functioning normally once again.

Spoiler

Post Action: Freyd uses Focused Howl (4 EN, CD 0/4)
Free Action: none

Freyd | HP: 1140/1140 | EN: 144/148 | DMG: 27 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 62 | LD: 5 | AA | FRSTB: 40 | PHASE | REC: 8 | V.D.: 125 | V.O.: 125

Senno | H: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG 4 

Van | H: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 18 | LD: 3
Tricolor_Mina | HP: 720/720 | EN: 106/106 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 78 | ACC: 8 | BLGT: 32 | BRN: 56 | FRSTB: 40 | V.D.: 72

(5,0,0,0) Terra Firma: HP: 950/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4

Abilities:

• Move Swiftly | This boss is impervious to benefits provided by the Concentration skill. Additionally, all players suffer a -1 penalty to BD when attacking this boss.
  • Hard-Scaled | Paralysis, Paralytic Venom, and Freeze are ineffectual against this boss.
  • Deaf | This mob has no ears, and therefore is immune to the effects of debuff songs.
  • Weak Spots | On a Player's natural BD of 9 or 10 when attacking this creature, they will gain 50% Phase for that attack. This does not stack with the Phase enhancement.
  • Assault Mode | If a Player has exploited one of Terra Firma's <<Weak Spots>> during the battle, Terra Firma will activate <<Assault Mode>>. On an LD of 11+, this mob will identify stealthed Players. Its ACC and EVA will swap for the duration of its attack, then revert to normal. It will gain 50% Phase on a BD of 9, and 100% Phase on a BD of 10 or higher. BD modifiers such as ACC can activate these Phase attributes.

Edited by Freyd

Senno remained still for a moment trying to find some a vendor for weapons perhaps. She huffed and pivoted to her left before immediately colliding with a passerby.

"Umpf"

Her shoulder was thrown aback as she steadies herself with her right foot. The rosy heroine profusely apologized before Senno even fully regained her composure.

"Oh no no its quite alright. I'm just as much at fault."

She was questioned on her experience and before Senno could clarify her situation, the unmasked woman redirected her attention into the crowd. She handed over a teleport crystal to the pair.

"Oh? Well thank you but unfortunately that punk would be me."

A teleport crystal certainly would be useful. Senno didn't exactly have the Col lying around for that kind of a purchase. At this point another figure would make his appearance. His insincere attempt at intervention went unrecognized by Senno and she interpreted it as genuine.

"No, I'm quite fine. Thank you though."

After another questioning it seemed as though these three were acquainted with one another already. A notification appeared on the edge of Senno's field of vision and she instinctively pulled down her menu to see the party request. Senno would open her mouth to correct him however he was already out the door practically.

"Sisters?"

She glanced at the other two before making the connection, having missed their hair colors before. Senno hurried after who she now knew as Freyd. He'd make an odd comment about borrowing something and Senno would quickly look down anticipating that she was robbed before remembering she had nothing worth stealing. Or so she thought. The distinguished blob of black made ever more obvious for the contrast of the glowing sands slipped out from under her. She watched as her shadow charged the creature before even Senno could, clearly aggravating it, before retreating to her soles. Without a weapon nor armor, Senno felt completely exposed. Her irises surveyed her surrounds before landing on the stones beneath her. She snatched a pebble before chucking it with all her might at the approaching boss. It embedded itself into the sand beside it.

Roll ID: 214854

Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (4/6)

Spoiler

Senno,
Level: 1
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 20/20
EN: 20/20

Stats:
Damage: 4

Equipped Gear:
Weapon:
Armor:
Misc:

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Straight Sword R1

Active Mods:

Inactive Mods:

Addons:

Active Extra Skills:

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
ITEM x1

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Senno

Vanessa let out a sigh of relief as an onlooker gave her a shout and waved her over. 'Ah, finally a kind soul.' Making her way over, she'd raise her hand to both of the girls, "Nice to meet you both, I'm Van." It felt bizarre, she was usually the only in a group with conspicuous hair, but she strangely fit in with these two gals. Accepting the gift, she looked at the details of it from the menu, surprised to have been just given such a valuable lifeline, "Um, thank you, but why-"

A familiar voice would break her off mid-sentence, there weren't many voices she recognized her yet so it had to be another kind soul, "Sir Freyd?" Maybe the sir bit was overkill, but she'd be gearless without his assistance so it felt wrong not to show some kind of respect. He was spot on the money, though Vanessa still had no idea if this the quest she had been advised to try out, “I’d be happy to tag along!” It was certainly a relief knowing she’d have a much better chance at making it out of this floor alive with the party so she quickly accepted.

It wasn’t long before the group had made it out of town and to their destination, led onwards by Freyd himself. Upon seeing the behemoth of a monster ahead of them, she glared at the others in disbelief, “W-we’re going to fight… that?!” She hadn’t done anything other than slay a few tiny passive mobs outside of floor 1’s safe zone, how could she handle this? Though there wasn’t much time for her to deliberate the idea of running away, Freyd was already starting off with something else she hadn’t yet seen before. ‘My shadow…?’ It didn’t make sense to her, but a lot of things in this game didn’t.

The beast seemed absolutely livid by Freyd’s provocation so at least its attention wasn’t focused on Vanessa. Gripping tightly against her sword, she watched as one of the girls tossed a stone towards the monster, completely missing. It seemed safer than charging at it, but Van was only skilled with a straight sword. Charging towards Terra Firma with sword raised, she’d travel a safe line towards the backside of it to avoid catching its eyes that were so focused on Freyd. “Take this!” It was too fast for her, her sword slamming into the sand and pulling her forwards, "Holy moly... How will I even touch that thing?"

Spoiler

Consumed: Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (3/6)

Post Action: Van missed.
- Roll ID: 214855, BD 5 (5+2-4-1=2 Miss)
Free Action: None.

Freyd | HP: 1140/1140 | EN: 144/148 | DMG: 27 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 62 | LD: 5 | AA | FRSTB: 40 | PHASE | REC: 8 | V.D.: 125 | V.O.: 125
Senno | H: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG 4 
Van | H: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 18 | LD: 3 | ACC: 2
Tricolor_Mina | HP: 720/720 | EN: 106/106 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 78 | ACC: 8 | BLGT: 32 | BRN: 56 | FRSTB: 40 | V.D.: 72

(5,0,0,0) Terra Firma: HP: 950/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4

Abilities:

• Move Swiftly | This boss is impervious to benefits provided by the Concentration skill. Additionally, all players suffer a -1 penalty to BD when attacking this boss.
  • Hard-Scaled | Paralysis, Paralytic Venom, and Freeze are ineffectual against this boss.
  • Deaf | This mob has no ears, and therefore is immune to the effects of debuff songs.
  • Weak Spots | On a Player's natural BD of 9 or 10 when attacking this creature, they will gain 50% Phase for that attack. This does not stack with the Phase enhancement.
  • Assault Mode | If a Player has exploited one of Terra Firma's <<Weak Spots>> during the battle, Terra Firma will activate <<Assault Mode>>. On an LD of 11+, this mob will identify stealthed Players. Its ACC and EVA will swap for the duration of its attack, then revert to normal. It will gain 50% Phase on a BD of 9, and 100% Phase on a BD of 10 or higher. BD modifiers such as ACC can activate these Phase attributes.

Edited by Van

Violet snickered at Van's reaction, Freyd already having moved to wake up the boss. "Maa... is this your first time seeing this guy-Oh, he's bigger than I remember him being!" she gasped, a hand going to her mouth as she stared at the positively massive shark that rose out of the ground. "Guess this is one of the big boys that got fucked up by the Shadow! Its very nice to meet you, semi-new friend!"

Violet pulled her mask over her face, a lone red eye peering out at the Boss Mob as Freyd let out a loud, booming roar that echoed over the sand, a shiver running down her spine as she watched it immediately begin charging their way, roaring violently at them. It was faster than she remembered.

She heard one of the girls (Van, if she recalled correctly) begin to freak out over the size of the mob, pitching forward with a cry as she took a big swing and a miss... right into the path of Terra Firma's charge. The other girl had decided to keep her distance, struggling to pitch a rock at it. Oh well, the Land shark wasn't one of the more difficult field bosses in the game, and Freyd wouldn't have dragged them with if he was worried about someone dying. Her blade started glowing as she threw a lazy strike with her rapier.

and Knocked the thing backwards by a decent margin, though her skill didn't throw it back quite as far as she wanted it to. Apparently she didn't put enough back into it.

"Oi, Shadow man!" she barked, turning towards Freyd, "You're gunning for the special thing, Right? Lets try and not let the rookies get trampled by it, that would be a pretty shitty way to get taken out."

She turned to Van, frowning. "You ok?"

Spoiler

ID No#: 214856

BD Roll: 6 (6+8 = 14 - 5 = 9) Hit! ST-1 (x8) used! 21×8= 168-150 = 18 DMG to Terra Firma!

ID No#: 21485733 (Terra Firma swipes at Freyd)

BD Roll: 3  (Do I even need to tell you thats a miss Lmao)

Freyd | HP: 1140/1140 | EN: 144/148 | DMG: 27 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 62 | LD: 5 | AA | FRSTB: 40 | PHASE | REC: 8 | V.D.: 125 | V.O.: 125

Senno | H: 20/20 | EN: 18/20 | DMG 4 

Van | H: 20/20 | EN: 18/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 18 | LD: 3

Tricolor_Mina | HP: 720/720 | EN: 98/106 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 78 | ACC: 8 | BLGT: 32 | BRN: 56 | FRSTB: 40 | V.D.: 72

(5,0,0,1) Terra Firma: HP: 932/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4

Abilities:

Move Swiftly | This boss is impervious to benefits provided by the Concentration skill. Additionally, all players suffer a -1 penalty to BD when attacking this boss.

Hard-Scaled | Paralysis, Paralytic Venom, and Freeze are ineffectual against this boss.

Deaf | This mob has no ears, and therefore is immune to the effects of debuff songs.

Weak Spots | On a Player's natural BD of 9 or 10 when attacking this creature, they will gain 50% Phase for that attack. This does not stack with the Phase enhancement.

Assault Mode | If a Player has exploited one of Terra Firma's <<Weak Spots>> during the battle, Terra Firma will activate <<Assault Mode>>. On an LD of 11+, this mob will identify stealthed Players. Its ACC and EVA will swap for the duration of its attack, then revert to normal. It will gain 50% Phase on a BD of 9, and 100% Phase on a BD of 10 or higher. BD modifiers such as ACC can activate these Phase attributes.

Edited by tricolor_mina

"Baaybeee. shark-doo-doo..." The tune from his childhood was playing itself in an endless loop in the back of his head.  Freyd couldn't help himself but sing along as the massive creature barreled through the silty surface towards him.  Heavy tremors shook the ground, growing in strength as it approached and causing his boots to start sinking into the ground.  A last minute spin and whistle broke the tension.  Sidestepping like a maniacal matador, Freyd's call summoned Persi who emerged from the ground like some sort of pent up shadow-geyser.  It looked as if they'd struck black gold, whereas the inky goo was actually just his shadowy familiar doing her thing and eating boss mobs for breakfast.  

The force of her impact was enough to launch and tilt Terra Firma, its right side lifting out of the sand.  Freyd, on the opposite, spun laterally in a low crouch and casually slipped a glove in the shark's gills.  Using their combined momentum, they drove the beast up and out of the ground, where Freyd flipped it up into the air and yanked to drive its nose and jaws straight into  nearby outcropping of rock at the base of the ridge where Van and Senno were standing.  A high pitch crack, like glass breaking, rebounded off the cliffs while the sand shark sat stunned, wondering wtf just happened.

"Hammer head.  Pfft." 

A quick signal to the two still standing above noted that now would be a great time to pounce.

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
CD 4 (No REC proc) ID #214873

Post Action | TECH-D (x12, 12 EN): 12 EN - (Rested 2/2; Stamina) = 9 EN.  
Free Action | Grappling Familiar (CD 0/5)

ID #214872| BD:4+7-5=6 (hit).  DMG (12*27=324-130=194)

Freyd | HP: 1140/1140 | EN: 139/148 (144+4-9) | DMG: 27 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 62 | LD: 5 | AA | FRSTB: 40 | PHASE | REC: 8 | V.D.: 125 | V.O.: 125
Senno | H: 20/20 | EN: 18/20 | DMG 4 
Tricolor_Mina | HP: 720/720 | EN: 98/106 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 78 | ACC: 8 | BLGT: 32 | BRN: 56 | FRSTB: 40 | V.D.: 72

(7,0,0,1) Terra Firma: HP: 738/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 (-20, 1/3) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4 (0) | STUNNED (932-194)

Abilities:

• Move Swiftly | This boss is impervious to benefits provided by the Concentration skill. Additionally, all players suffer a -1 penalty to BD when attacking this boss.
  • Hard-Scaled | Paralysis, Paralytic Venom, and Freeze are ineffectual against this boss.
  • Deaf | This mob has no ears, and therefore is immune to the effects of debuff songs.
  • Weak Spots | On a Player's natural BD of 9 or 10 when attacking this creature, they will gain 50% Phase for that attack. This does not stack with the Phase enhancement.
  • Assault Mode | If a Player has exploited one of Terra Firma's <<Weak Spots>> during the battle, Terra Firma will activate <<Assault Mode>>. On an LD of 11+, this mob will identify stealthed Players. Its ACC and EVA will swap for the duration of its attack, then revert to normal. It will gain 50% Phase on a BD of 9, and 100% Phase on a BD of 10 or higher. BD modifiers such as ACC can activate these Phase attributes.

Edited by Freyd

Senno was at a serious lost for what to do. She completely whiffed her pebble pummeling but didn't exactly have many options. Best thing she could do was maybe keep the aggro off them? But then she saw her opportunity to strike. Freyd managed to suplex the fucking shark?!?

Well I am not complaining.

Statching a slightly less still stream skipping sized stone, Senno slammed a significantly sizable solid into the sand shark's showing skin, seriously smashing it.

Dealing a MASSIVE...

1 damage...

To say that was demotivating would be an understatement. Senno was way out of her depth. She knew that going into this. But could never grasp by just how much she was outmatched. That running around keeping aggro off didn't sound like such a bad strategy after all. Well maybe she could borrow a weapon? Senno was doubtful any of them would have a spare on their person and even more so that they would offer it to a stranger but at this point what option to she have?

"Do any of you have a sword I can use? Rock may beat scissors, but it's pretty ineffective against shark."

Spoiler

ID No#: 214882

BD Roll: 4 (4+2 = 6 - 0 = 6) Hit! ST-1 used! 4= 4-130 = 1 DMG to Terra Firma!

Freyd | HP: 1140/1140 | EN: 139/148 (144+4-9) | DMG: 27 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 62 | LD: 5 | AA | FRSTB: 40 | PHASE | REC: 8 | V.D.: 125 | V.O.: 125
Senno | H: 20/20 | EN: 17/20 | DMG 4 
Tricolor_Mina | HP: 720/720 | EN: 98/106 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 78 | ACC: 8 | BLGT: 32 | BRN: 56 | FRSTB: 40 | V.D.: 72

(7,1,0,1) Terra Firma: HP: 737/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 (-20, 1/3) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4 (0) | STUNNED (932-194)

Abilities:

• Move Swiftly | This boss is impervious to benefits provided by the Concentration skill. Additionally, all players suffer a -1 penalty to BD when attacking this boss.
  • Hard-Scaled | Paralysis, Paralytic Venom, and Freeze are ineffectual against this boss.
  • Deaf | This mob has no ears, and therefore is immune to the effects of debuff songs.
  • Weak Spots | On a Player's natural BD of 9 or 10 when attacking this creature, they will gain 50% Phase for that attack. This does not stack with the Phase enhancement.
  • Assault Mode | If a Player has exploited one of Terra Firma's <<Weak Spots>> during the battle, Terra Firma will activate <<Assault Mode>>. On an LD of 11+, this mob will identify stealthed Players. Its ACC and EVA will swap for the duration of its attack, then revert to normal. It will gain 50% Phase on a BD of 9, and 100% Phase on a BD of 10 or higher. BD modifiers such as ACC can activate these Phase attributes.

Edited by Senno

She felt a bit disappointed by her failed assault, but having never encountered such a thing, she didn’t take it to heart. Watching as Mina easily charged forwards and knocked it back with her rapier, she could feel the difference in strength. ‘She hit it so hard it got pushed?’ The woman would address her after asking a mysterious question to Freyd, “Yeah, I’m fine. Just never seen something this fast before.” However, with just as much speed, Freyd would show an even more tremendous gap in their strength.

WHAT WAS THAT?” He had flipped the whole gosh darn shark over. Vanessa rarely raised her voice, but she was nearly as stunned as Terra Firma was by the move.

Senno seizing the opportunity had also landed her strike, once again utilizing a rock, but it equated out to a singular point of damage. While she didn’t have a genuine weapon, how could a defenseless, stunned creature take so little damage? Maybe Van would have some better luck with her recent purchase on Freyd’s tab. She rushed in with the others, raising her sword well above her head for good measure, then slammed it down on Terra Firma. The sword struck against the beast’s skin, but reverberated in her hands as if she struck a wall, revealing she had dealt a single point of damage as well.

J-just… what is this… thing?

Between the speed and durability of it, there was no way she was supposed to be here. A chill ran down her spine at the notion that the people on the first floor that recommended she come here had sent her to die. ‘How could somebody be so cruel? To a compete stranger?’ This land was lawless, but a couple of bullies sending people to die was inhumane. Maybe they had sent Senno down here too, though she had taken responsibility when addressing Mina earlier. Remembering the favor Freyd had done for her, Vanessa retreated back a bit to access her inventory when Senno asked for some aide, “I got you, here’s a sword Freyd gave to me not too long ago.” She was a bit unsure of how Freyd would react to someone handing off a recent gift, but the rest of her gear was also from the same source, “It’s a two hander, hope that’s alright with you.

Spoiler

Given to @Senno

Grand Respite | T1 Rare Weapon (2HSS)
A single-edged iron blade, nearly five feet long, that gives a slight tingle to the touch, but charges with motion. The hilt is heavily insulated to protect the wielder.
Enhancement: Accuracy [1 Slot] | Effect: Gain +(1 per slot) to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to cause a critical hit.
Enhancement: Paralyze [1 Slot] | Effect: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties.

-----

Vanessa regains +1 EN at start of turn.
CD 4 (No REC proc) ID #214873

Post Action | [x4] ST-I (4 EN) | A single-target sword art.
Free Action | N/A

ID #214888 | BD: 7+2=9 (hit, Weak Spots activated, Phase activated). DMG 1 (8*4=32-65=1, minimum of 1)

Senno | H: 20/20 | EN: 18/20 | DMG 4 | ACC: 2
Van | H: 20/20 | EN: 15/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 18 | LD: 3 | ACC: 2

(7,1,2,1) Terra Firma: HP: 736/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 (-20, 1/3) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4 (0) | STUNNED (932-194)

Abilities:

Edited by Van

Violet Smiled, pushing her mask to the side as she turned to the other two girls. "Don't worry you two, we weren't expecting you to damage this big guy all that much!" she said cheerfully, smacking Lament against her hip, the cursed blade sparking as she did so. "We just wanted to help give you guys a head start when it comes to getting a leg up in this crazy, wacky world we're stuck in~" More sparks flew off of it, the blade beginning to smoke a bit.

Violet smiled as Terra Firma started to get back up, snarling in rage as it stared back at Freyd, its slitted eyes darkening with fury as it struggled to get back up. She smacked the blade again, the blade suddenly igniting with a mixture of purple and red fire, and a feral smile suddenly crossed her face. "Now then, its time to piss it off some more!"

She launched herself at the Shark, the flames smothering her blade rapidly igniting its body as it let out an enraged snarl, something called assault mode activating as a status underneath its health bar, right as it began to suffer from the Burn and Blight that was imbued within her blade. With a roar, she planted her feet deep in the sand, using her stance to hurl the Shark at Freyd! "One Freshly Blighted and Burnt Terra-Firma goin your way, pal!"

Spoiler

Roll ID No#: 21489799

BD: 9 (MINOR CRIT, +1 DMG For this Attack!) ST-II (x11) used! 22*11= 242 - 55 = 187 DMG!

Blight Active! BURN Active! *Terra Firma is Immune To Freeze/Frostbite!*

187+56(Burn)+32(Blight) = 275 DMG!

ASSAULT MODE ACTIVE!

*BOSS is stunned!*

Freyd | HP: 1140/1140 | EN: 139/148 | DMG: 27 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 62 | LD: 5 | AA | FRSTB: 40 | PHASE | REC: 8 | V.D.: 125 | V.O.: 125

Tricolor_Mina | HP: 720/720 | EN: 87/106 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 78 | ACC: 8 | BLGT: 32 | BRN: 56 | FRSTB: 40 | V.D.: 72

(7,1,0,3) Terra Firma: HP: 461/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 (-20, 2/3),(-20, 1/2) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4 (0) | STUNNED |BLGHT (T4) (1/2)|BRN (T4) (1/2)

Abilities:

Move Swiftly | This boss is impervious to benefits provided by the Concentration skill. Additionally, all players suffer a -1 penalty to BD when attacking this boss.

Hard-Scaled | Paralysis, Paralytic Venom, and Freeze are ineffectual against this boss.

Deaf | This mob has no ears, and therefore is immune to the effects of debuff songs.

Weak Spots | On a Player's natural BD of 9 or 10 when attacking this creature, they will gain 50% Phase for that attack. This does not stack with the Phase enhancement.

Assault Mode | If a Player has exploited one of Terra Firma's <<Weak Spots>> during the battle, Terra Firma will activate <<Assault Mode>>. On an LD of 11+, this mob will identify stealthed Players. Its ACC and EVA will swap for the duration of its attack, then revert to normal. It will gain 50% Phase on a BD of 9, and 100% Phase on a BD of 10 or higher. BD modifiers such as ACC can activate these Phase attributes.

Edited by tricolor_mina

Man-handling a giant mutant shark wasn't exactly the sort of thing you got to do every day, so why not make the most of it?  As Violet spun and drove the creature back his way, Freyd stood at the ready.  Persi had already stunned the beast once with her onslaught.  Now it was his turn.  Crouched in his combat stance with one arm poised to parry and the other set to strike, the Whisper waited for his moment.  When that massive maw bearing multiple rows of razor sharp teeth broke ground, Freyd sidestepped instantly and smashed it with his fist.  The impact sent a ripple through the mob's entire form, causing it to lurch awkwardly sideways where it went crashing into the same stone wall of the ridge.  Its blistered skin snapped, crackled and popped as Mina's dots did their thing from within the shark's solid black eyes looking extra-glassy as it struggled to regain its balance.

"Nice hit, Mina!  Now, quickly, everyone finish it off!  We've got this."

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
CD 9 (REC proc +8 EN) ID #214899
Grappling Familiar (CD 1/5)

Post Action | TECH-A (x12, 12 EN): 12 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 9 EN.  
Free Action | None

ID #214901 | BD:5+7-4-1=7 (hit).  DMG (12*27=324-110=214)

(Roll 214900 invalid.  WTF is "ST-A" and what was I on!?)

Freyd | HP: 1140/1140 | EN: 142/148 (144+4+8-9) | DMG: 27 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 62 | LD: 5 | AA | FRSTB: 40 | PHASE | REC: 8 | V.D.: 125 | V.O.: 125
Tricolor_Mina | HP: 720/720 | EN: 87/106 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 78 | ACC: 8 | BLGT: 32 | BRN: 56 | FRSTB: 40 | V.D.: 72

(9,1,0,3) Terra Firma: HP: 247/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 (-20, 2/3),(-20, 1/2) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4 (0) | STN.IMM (1/3) BLGHT (T4) (1/2)|BRN (T4) (1/2) (461-214)

Abilities:

• Weak Spots | On a Player's natural BD of 9 or 10 when attacking this creature, they will gain 50% Phase for that attack. This does not stack with the Phase enhancement.

Edited by Freyd

After requesting a blade Van would take pity on the rock-wielding maniac, tossing her weapon. Looking over the sword, Senno couldn't help but note that it was a decent one at that.

"Now this is something I can work with. Much appreciated Ven!"

Her pronunciation was a tad off and Senno couldn't help but feel this after recalling how Freyd referred to her as V-uh-nessa. She'd take the time to attach the sheath to her belt. Senno would slide it out of his binding and feel the weight of it in her hands. As Mina threw herself at the monster it would let out a mighty roar. Senno would falter, catching herself before she fell back.

"Assault mode? You mean this wasn't it attacking us?"

Senno muttered to herself. Freyd attempted to rally them, but what exactly was Senno supposed to do? Sure she was using a rock before, but Van still only got 1 damage with her attack. Well maybe should could do something with shadows. She still had almost no idea how he did it and much less how it operated by it couldn't hurt to try. Senno would stack up some rocks to make a less fun version of a snowman.

"Can you use this?"

She'd shout out to Freyd pointing to the shadow the stack cast.

Spoiler

Freyd regains +1 EN

Post Action | Equip Grand Respite 
Free Action | None

Freyd | HP: 1140/1140 | EN: 142/148 (144+4+8-9) | DMG: 27 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 62 | LD: 5 | AA | FRSTB: 40 | PHASE | REC: 8 | V.D.: 125 | V.O.: 125
Senno | H: 20/20 | EN: 19/20 | DMG 4 | ACC: 2
Tricolor_Mina | HP: 720/720 | EN: 87/106 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 78 | ACC: 8 | BLGT: 32 | BRN: 56 | FRSTB: 40 | V.D.: 72

(9,1,0,3) Terra Firma: HP: 247/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 (-20, 2/3),(-20, 1/2) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4 (0) | STN.IMM (1/3) BLGHT (T4) (1/2)|BRN (T4) (1/2) (461-214)

Abilities:

• Weak Spots | On a Player's natural BD of 9 or 10 when attacking this creature, they will gain 50% Phase for that attack. This does not stack with the Phase enhancement.

Violet confirmed Vanessa’s earlier realization, this floor was beyond their capabilities. Both her and Senno would have been completely decimated had they ventured out here on their own. Thankfully these two kind souls would help them bridge that gap a bit, “Well, uh, thank you.” She didn’t know how to properly show her gratitude to either of them and didn’t fully know what Violet meant when she said give a head start.

Feeling a little uncertain in her position in her fight, she considered whether or not it was worth even trying to damage the beast. A single point of damage wasn’t even one percent of this monster’s health and that was if she could even hit it to begin with now that it wasn’t stunned. Though doing nothing and watching the two forerunners do all the work would make her feel too ashamed of herself, something was better than nothing.

Running forwards once again, Van would swing, cutting clean into the air in front of her. There was nothing to catch the blade and it ended up causing her to do a half spin from the momentum, “WHY IS IT SO FAST!?” The girl looked exasperated, ‘So much for actually doing something…

Spoiler

Van regains +1 EN

Post Action | Miss (7+2-4-1=4), -2 EN

Free Action | None

Van | H: 20/20 | EN: 14/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 18 | LD: 3 | ACC: 2

(9,1,0,3) Terra Firma: HP: 247/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 (-20, 2/3),(-20, 1/2) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4 (0) | STN.IMM (1/3) BLGHT (T4) (1/2)|BRN (T4) (1/2) (461-214)

Abilities:

Edited by Van

"Well for starters, you two are still rookies." Violet replied, ruffling Vanessa's hair. "Freyd and I, we've been at this for a long time. It's easier to track it once you get used to it." Her weapon glinted as, she struck out at the quest boss as it charged past her in Freyd's direction, her rapier easily biting through the last little bit of its health. Yes, once you sat here fighting for so long, you eventually developed the skill to easily cleave your way through monsters. Even ones that looked like they'd kill you simply by allowing them to breath on you.

"Besides, it feels like its too much of an ask for someone to want a bunch of rookies to keep up with a pair of Clearers, y'know?" Violet sheathed her blade, frowning at the pixels that were slowly starting to drift to the ground. "You two barely look like you should be anywhere outside of the town of beginnings, much less the 5th floor. Just keep working hard, and do some of the easier quests, and ask for help."

A pair of items, and a looting menu appeared next to Violet, a grin on her face as she accepted the terms. "Keep up that cycle, and you'll be big and strong, just like me and mr. Shadow man over there~!"

Seperate block for Looting roll :3c

Spoiler

Base reward: 950*3=2850 Col

Roll ID#:215081,  CD: 1 (+2 Mats!), LD: 18 (Even LD! 950*2= 1900 Col!)

LD/CD Roll drops:

Rare Consumable (1)
Rare Weapon (1)

Total: 4750 Col, 2 Mats, 1 Rare (T4) consumable, 1 Rare (T4) weapon.

Stats + Combat stuffies :3c

Spoiler

Roll ID#:215016

BD: 5 (5+8=13-4=9-1=8, HIT) AoE I + Charge (11+2+2(Target) + 8(Charge) = -23 EN to Mina!

24*15=360-110=250 DMG to Terra Firma! Terra firma is Slain~

Freyd | HP: 1140/1140 | EN: 142/148 (144+4+8-9) | DMG: 27 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 62 | LD: 5 | AA | FRSTB: 40 | PHASE | REC: 8 | V.D.: 125 | V.O.: 125

Van | H: 20/20 | EN: 14/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 18 | LD: 3 | ACC: 2

Tricolor_Mina | HP: 720/720 | EN: 64/106 (-23)| DMG: 21 | MIT: 78 | ACC: 8 | BLGT: 32 | BRN: 56 | FRSTB: 40 | V.D.: 72

(9,1,0,3) Terra Firma: HP: -3/950 (-250)| DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 (-20, 2/3),(-20, 1/2) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4 (0) | STN.IMM (1/3) BLGHT (T4) (1/2)|BRN (T4) (1/2) (461-214)

Abilities:

Edited by tricolor_mina

The battle ended with Mina finishing the beast off with a finely tuned strike.  Freyd, meanwhile, was still wondering why Senno was telling him to look at a stacked pile of rocks.  'What the hell am I supposed to do with those,' he wondered, thinking there must be something more to it he just wasn't getting.   Montjoy, the Whisper's strongly independent shadow was busy shapeshifting into various snowman poses against the cliff face.  Passing a gloves hand through the cloud of dissipating sparkles that moments before was the terrifying sand shark, he nodded his appreciation.  "Nicely done, Mina.  You've improved since we last fought side by side."

Hands tucked instantly back into a pair of surreptitious black on black pockets, Freyd also sought to share some advice for their other two companions.  "Wrapping up this quest should help get you both a hefty boost and some system backing for the guts you displayed today.  Back that up with some gear, Senno.  Go see Rencesvals, like she did, and he will help you out.  The man's a tank in training and can likely assist you with other quests you wish to tackle.  He's also honest to a fault, so be gentle with him."

Nodding pack up the ridge via Montjoy, he began the climb required to get them back to Fortaleza and a valuable reward - moreso for the newbier among them.  "And if you're looking to get into some real trouble," he chuckled, "You can always feel free to ask me as well."

Senno would stare in one part amazement and one part horror as Mina, without flinching, cut down the beast.  So this is the kind of power full dive could put in your hands.  Mina reassured the two that nobody should expect them to handle something like this.  And while Senno understood from the rational voice in her head why it was right, the other side was a lot louder.  She couldn't help but want to ''to keep up with a pair of Clearers' now.

A shadow danced around besides her statue and Senno eased up a bit rolling her shoulders back and loosening her scowl.  Her faced had fallen into the tensed look as the fight progressed.  Freyd offered some more advice and a name as he was already slipping away from the field of dust.

"I mean I would certainly be up for more 'trouble' if it meant allocating more time to you lovely people."

Senno started after Freyd in an attempt to keep up.

"It was a joy to work alongside you all, even if I wasn't much of asset. I swear I shall though in time."

A hand glides down to the hilt at her side.

"Although I suppose you'll be needing this back Ven?"

Edited by Senno
  • 2 weeks later...

"Find that smith and he will help you out.  Assisting in this quest should give you both quite the boost.  You'll find that the power curve is steep early on, which is to your benefit.  Send us a message when you're ready and we will help carry you along a bit farther along the path, if that's what you want.  Life gets a lot easier in Aincrad once you have a few levels or even tiers under your belt."  The man seemed pensive for a moment, considering the unintended pun.  Tears.  It worked both ways, unfortunately.

"And please, be mindful of wandering about solo outside of safe zones.  Watch your surroundings and also who you trust.  Mobs are not the worst things you can encounter out there."  He'd be checking on them both from afar, keeping tabs as best as he was able.  Even with the guild's vast resources at his disposal, Freyd knew that he couldn't be everywhere at once.

Violet bounced on her heels, a grin on her face. "Definitely~" she sang, waving at Ginger. "If you ever want to run another quest, or get help with getting ahold of something super rare, just hit one of us up! Freyd and I are always happy to help out some rookies! Just make sure you don't go wandering outside of the safe zones on the higher floors without" She honestly never minded helping out with some of the beginner quests, and was always prepared to go and assist other people. There was always strength in numbers, and it never hurt to have a few clearers watching your back in a dangerous situation.

"If you ever get any kinds of unidentified items, feel free to drop by this goofball's store~" she chirped, elbowing Freyd. "He's really good at getting some super special enhancements for weapons and the like. He even set me up with this cool sword and my armor~" Her armor, Queen's Gambit, seemed to pulse a faint red color as she spoke, the leather practically sparkling. Freyd had definitely given her the good stuff in regards to her gear, the specialty enhancements bolstering her strength.