[PP - F01] Time To Get a Job??? Pt 2: Electric Boogaloo | <<Earning a Living>>

The duo sat at the table and Ciela gleefully ate her meal. "Man this place is good, I'm glad you recommended it." She smiled at Wulfrin. "Isn't this also the place that I get the cooking quest?? Dinner and a quest all in one run! How efficient. I'll get the quest started and then we can head out in the morning." She continued to eat her food. "The kitchen seems awfully busy tonight, even if there's not many people. I wonder if that's just how this place is programmed." As they finished their meal she looked at Wulfrin and patted his head, "Stay here I'll be back." Ciela approached the blonde that greeted them when they walked in. "Hi, now that my appetite has been satiated, I'm actually interested in becoming a cook." The woman clapped her hands in delight and responded, "Oh my goodness, I would just love to teach you my favorite recipes. Unfortunately, today's dinner wiped out most of our ingredients. If it isn't too much of a bother, would you mind picking up a few things?" Ciela nodded at her, "Of course!!! That will be no issue." Ciela headed back to her companion at their table. "Well that's that. I'm gonna go out material gathering in the morning."

Spoiler

Stats and Equipment:

Stats:

Level 5 | HP: 100/100 | EN: 28/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18                      

Equipment:

• Blighted Fang | [Fusion ID #219398b] | TIER 1 PERFECT STRAIGHT SWORD | DMG, KEEN, BLIGHT [desc.]: A longsword crafted from metal coated in the sap of a blighted maple tree. Its necromantic properties leave lasting wounds that are hard to recover from
  • Thornforged Plate Armor | Fusion ID: 220245 | MIT 2 | Thorns 1
    Just as every rose has its thorns, this suit of armor embodies the dual nature of protection and peril. Its intricate design, reminiscent of the intertwining vines of a rose bush, offers unparalleled defense on the battlefield while serving as a poignant reminder of the adversities faced in life's journey. On the right pauldron is a phoenix with its wings outstretched in flight, the sigil of Sentinel Armaments.
  • T1 Shield | Thornforged Shield | Fusion ID: 220400 | MIT 1 | Thorns 1 | Rec 1
    Just as every rose has its thorns, this shield embodies the dual nature of protection and peril. Its intricate design, reminiscent of the intertwining vines of a rose bush, offers unparalleled defense on the battlefield while serving as a poignant reminder of the adversities faced in life's journey. On the front face is a small phoenix with its wings outstretched in flight, the sigil of Sentinel Armaments. The phoenix is at the center of a large rose bloom that makes up the prominent feature of the shield's front.

Battle-Ready Inventory:

• (5) T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP
  • (1) T1 Uncommon Damage Potion: +1 DMG for an entire thread.
  • (1) T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion: Adds 5% of Maximum HP to users Maximum HP for a thread.
  • (1) T1 Rare Health Potion: Heals 10% of maximum HP.
  • (1) Teleport Crystal

Edited by KnightessCiela

The next morning was a rough one for Wulfrin. He had been up way before dawn, but it was worth it. Above him flew an eagle with plumage of reds, oranges, and golds behind it a trail of flames followed like the chem trails of an airplane. Slowly and groggily Wulfrin approached the front gate where Ciela waited. She definitely got more sleep than he did. Wulfrin was ragged like he had already been through a fight or two this morning. He dusted off his coat and armor as Solaris, his phoenix, came to rest on his shoulder.

"Morning," Wulfrin yawned, trying his best to maintain his formalities. "Sleep well? Are you ready to go and start your cooking quest?"

Solaris eyed Ciela with an air of importance as if expecting a bow.

"Sorry," Wulfrin blinked tiredly. "Ciela this is Solaris. Solaris this is Ciela. He's got a bit of a big head, but once he warms up to ya, he'll see you as an equal. For now just try not to let his arrogance get to you."

Solaris let rip a mighty eagle SKWAAH.

Stats:
Wulfrin | Level 17 | HP 340/340 | EN 54/54 | DMG 14 | MIT 44 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | BLD 24 | PARA | REC 2

Equipment:
Dioscuri | TIER 1 JEWELRY | ACC III | ID:  #210452-5
[desc.]: a pair of ear cuffs fashioned from precious stone.

Hunter's Coat | T2 Perfect Light Armor | MIT 2, REC 1
Fusion ID 219737
A leather coat with attached armored plates at the shoulders and forearms. It's design offers plenty of protection while sacrificing very little of the wearer's mobility.

Thunder Fang | Fusion ID: 219823 | DMG 1 | Bleed 1 | Paralyze 1
This longsword was crafted using a unique style of Damascus Steel. The pattern resembles arcs of lightning bolts moving up the flat of the blade towards the point. Just as it tears through it's targets, its properties sometimes also leaves the target paralyzed. Just above where the blade meets the ornate hilt is a phoenix with its wings outstretched in flight. The firebird also acts as the origin for the bolts that spiderweb outward towards the blade's edge.

Battle ready Inventory:
3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 hp each)
6 T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP.
2 Teleportation Crystals
Protein Pancakes | [ID #219428a] | TIERLESS RARE MEAL | PROTEIN II
[desc.]: They're a little dry but they do the trick.
Terra Firma Scale (equivalent to T3 MIT 1)

Skills:

(SP 64/85):

<<Straight Swords>> Rank 4 (+6 DMG) 22

<<Light Armor>> Rank 4 (+20 MIT -2 Stealth) 26
          R4 Mod: Meticulous (+1 DMG)

<<Searching>> Rank 2 (+2 LD and +2 Stealth Detection) 11
          R2 Mod: Night Vision (unaffected by low light and darkness penalties. Negates enemy bonus to stealth in low light or Darkness)

<<Combat Mastery: Damage>> Rank 2 (+6 DMG [1+Tier per rank (+3 per rank)] Uses 2 DMG Enhancement Slots) 5

Edited by Wulfrin

Ciela got close Wulfrin's face, squinting and inspecting it. "Did you sleep AT ALL last night? You look like you went a few rounds with a big ol bear." The tone in her voice was almost like a mom scolding her child. She waved at the bird and offered Solaris a chunk of bread that she grabbed from the tavern on the way out. "Is that the familiar you were wanting to get, you definitely didn't have that yesterday. WAIT, is that what you did all night!? What am I gonna do with you Wulfrin?" She looked at him and put her hands on her hips.

"Well I know this for sure, you are definitely gonna take a nap on the grass once we go hunting. You're probably gonna get all comfy and fall asleep." She giggled and grabbed his hand and lead him out to where she planned to gather materials.

"I'll be fine," Wulfrin waved away the concern. "Besides I did grab sleep, just not a whole lot. I had to be up before dawn and the teleport gate was like four hours of travel from my destination. Now where we headed? Why don't you lead on this one. Though piece of advice, fighting monsters will probably be faster than just foraging for the materials, but if you want to level up the profession, you gotta do it so up to you."

Wulfrin let out another yawn before stretching himself out. Despite being a virtual body, there was an awful lot of pops and snaps coming from his person. Whatever he slept on, must have been hard as a rock. Wulfrin pulled out his fishing rod and nestled it in his shoulder like an army rifle. Despite his tired exterior, he truly felt fine. Sure might have been able to grab some more sleep, but thanks to Abdullah's men he was put behind schedule to meet with Ciela this morning.

"If you want the full story," Wulfrin said to Ciela. "I'd be happy to share it while you gather materials."

Posted (edited)

"I'll take the full story but if you needed more sleep we could've headed out a little later goober. A lady never declines a little extra beauty sleep." She watched as he set up his usual fishing routine. "But I'll take the story, I love stories." She debated in her head for a moment, thinking on what she wanted to do. She figured she may try her hand at combat for a moment and then she'll gather for a bit. Looking around she found a pack of 4 Wolves. She immediately went for it, taking her companions advice on combat first then search while her energy returns. She swiped at the first and second wolf and the attack seemed effective, the other two however seemed to dodge at the last second and her attacks missed. Now it was their turn. The first one jumped at her and she stepped out of the way, she mocked the wolf. "Ha, you'll never," as she mocked the first wolf, the second got it's revenge. It wrapped it's mouth around her thigh and bit down quite hard. After a moment she was finally able to shake it off. The third wolf attempted to bite her to which she responded with putting her shield up. The final wolf just barely managed to get past her defenses with a bite mark to her sword arm. "God these things hurt, why didn't you tell me?" She yelled at her sleepy companion in pain. Preparing her next attack.

Recovery:
KnightessCiela has full energy

Post Action: AoE-I vs Wolves
Free Action: None

Attack vs Wolf 1
ID: 220782  | BD: 6 | DMG: 5*3 (15) | Keen Proc

Attack vs Wolf 2
ID: 220783  | BD: 8 (+1)=9 | DMG: 5*3 (15) | Keen Proc

Attack vs Wolf 3 (Crit Miss)
ID: 220784 | BD: 1 | DMG: 5

Attack vs Wolf 4 (Miss)
ID: 220785  | BD: 2 (+1)=3  | DMG: 5 | Keen Proc

[0]KnightessCiela | HP: 100/100 | EN: 19/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18

Wolf 1 | HP 45/60 (60-15) | DMG 20
Wolf 2 | HP 45/60 (60-15) | DMG 20
Wolf 3 | HP 60/60 | DMG 20
Wolf 4 | HP 60/60 | DMG 20

Wolves' Turns:

Wolf 1 misses
ID: 220786 | MD: 4 | DMG: 20
Wolf 2 attacks
ID: 220792  | MD: 9 (+1 DMG) | DMG: 21
Wolf 3 crit misses
ID: 220793 | MD: 1  | DMG: 20
Wolf 4 attacks
ID: 220794  | MD: 6 | DMG: 20

Wolf 1 | HP 45/60 | DMG 20
Wolf 2 | HP 27/60 (45-18 Thorns) | DMG 20
Wolf 3 | HP 60/60 | DMG 20
Wolf 4 | HP 42/60 (60-18 Thorns)| DMG 20

[0]KnightessCiela | HP: 98/100 | EN: 19/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18

Edited by KnightessCiela

"That's just your brain instinctually thinking it felt pain," Wulfrin yawned deeply. "In reality you should only be feeling a slight tingle in the affected spot. Kind of like how your legs go to sleep after sitting cross-legged for a long period."

Wulfrin plopped himself down on a perfectly placed boulder not far from a slow moving stream. He cast his line out into the river and waited patiently for a bite, only half paying attention to the sounds of battle behind him. He was paying attention mind you, but only to the HP and EN gauges of his companion. He would step in if it got to dangerous, but so long as he stayed far enough away the monsters should only be scaled to her rather than him.

"My tale starts about one or two AM," Wulfrin started recounting his tale lazily. "I had already received a tip on some streak of fire that followed behind an eagle traveling west over Fortazela on Floor 5. That's the same place we are going for the Sharkbait Program."

Fishing Attempt:
Rank 3 Fisher | Success CD 6+ | Critical LD 10+ | +2 LD for Fishing Chests

ID 220795 | CD 8 Success | LD 17 Critical Catch
+1 Material
+16 EXP

Opening Fishing Chest
ID 220796 | LD 17+2=19

Items:
Unidentified T2 Rare Weapon IDs [220796c]
Unidentified T2 Perfect Weapon IDs [220796a] [220796b]

Rewards

Spoiler

Wulfrin

1 Material
16 Fishing EXP
Items

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

She listened to Wulfrin tell his story as she continued to battle the wolves. This time she had no trouble hitting the angry little woofers. As she approached them once more, she performed a little bit of a spin. She gracefully hit three of the four wolves, with one just barely being out of her range. "Heh, three out of four ain't too shabby." She smirked and got a little dizzy from her little spin. "Is it just me or is the world spinning?" She wibbled and wobbled as the wolves attacked her, somehow her being dizzy assisted in not being hit. After a moment, the ground began to assist her stabilization. She regained her land legs and realized what happened. She began to taunt the wolves, "What's wrong woofers? Can't hit a moving target?" She smirked and prepared to make her last multi-target attack, knowing she was almost out of energy.

Recovery:
ID: 220824 | CD: 7
KnightessCiela regains 2 energy

Attack vs Wolf 1 (Miss)
ID: 220830  | BD: 3 | DMG: 0

Attack vs Wolf 2
ID: 220831  | BD: 10 (+2 DMG) | DMG: 7*3 (21) | Keen Proc 

Attack vs Wolf 3 
ID: 220832  | BD: 10 (+2 DMG) | DMG: 7*3 (21) | Keen Proc 

Attack vs Wolf 4
ID: 220833 | BD: 7 (+1) 8  | DMG: 5*3 (15) | Keen Proc

[0]KnightessCiela | HP: 100/100 | EN: 12/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18

Wolf 2 | HP 6/60 (27-21)  | DMG 20
Wolf 3 | HP 39/60 (60-21) | DMG 20
Wolf 4 | HP 27/60 (42-15) | DMG 20

Wolves' Turns:

Wolf 1 misses
ID: 220834 | MD: 4 | DMG: 20
Wolf 2 misses
ID: 220835  | MD: 4 | DMG: 20
Wolf 3 misses
ID: 220836 | MD: 2 | DMG: 20
Wolf 4 misses
ID: 220837  | MD: 4 | DMG: 20

Wolf 2 (DEAD) | HP 0/60 (6-8)| DMG 20
Wolf 3 | HP  31/60 (39-8) | DMG 20
Wolf 4 | HP 27/60 | DMG 20

[0]KnightessCiela | HP: 98/100 | EN: 12/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18

Looting Wolf 2:
ID: 220970 | CD: 5 | LD: 15

Gain 4 Materials
180 Col

1 T1 Unidentified Rare Weapon 
ID: 220970 A

1 T1 Uncommon Consumable
ID: 220970 B

Edited by KnightessCiela

"My travels consisted of many hours of rather unpleasant nighttime desert traversal," Wulfrin continued to weave his tale. "I had already run into a bit of trouble with the local guard as one of the Merchant Lord NPCs aren't exactly on the best of terms with me. He's a prick of a person, one of those I have money therefore I'm better than you types. To make a long story short another player and myself cleared the quest he gives out and he sent his goons after us."

Wulfrin let out another yawn as he checked his line. Nothing was on the other end so he recast it into the river. He eyed the HP and EN gauges in his vision. Ciela's HP was fine having only lost a few points. However her energy was not looking that great. He turned briefly to ensure she had the situation under control. At the moment she appeared to be handling it, but he lay his Thunder Fang out in the event he was needed.

"If you need me to step in let me know," He said as he returned to his fishing venture. "Worst case I can buy you a few seconds to catch your breath."

Fishing Attempt:

ID 220838 | CD 2 Fail
Nothing Found

+3 Fishing EXP

Rewards

Spoiler

Wulfrin

1 Material
19 Fishing EXP
Items

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela chuckled at Wulfrin, "What a troublemaker you are. Well I guess I can't blame you if he's a prick." She continued to fight the wolves. As she performed her attack on the three wolves, she noticed that her attack on wolf one seemed to linger exactly like it did on her previous attack on wolf three. "Two out of three really isn't bad this go around. I feel like a masochist, I want them to hit me so they do more damage to themselves since you added thorns onto my armor." She laughed and put her shield up, bracing herself for potential attacks.

Wolf one jumped at her, missing her just by an inch. While wolf three and four managed to gnaw at her legs, after a moment she wiggled her legs to pry them off. She watched as they bit her and wolf four dematerialized, taking damage from her armor. She clapped excitedly, "Is it bad I'm having fun?? It's almost addicting to not take any damage. Although I know it won't last." She looked to her companion, "Also, I think I'm good. The two wolves that are left are pretty low on hp so I think I can end them next round if I can manage to hit."

Recovery:
ID: 220965 | CD: 10

Attack vs Wolf 1
ID: 220966 | BD: 9 (+1 DMG) | DMG: 6*3 (18) 

Attack vs Wolf 3 (Miss)
ID: 220968 | BD: 4 (+1)=5 | DMG: 0 | Keen Proc

Attack vs Wolf 4
ID: 220969 | BD: 6 | DMG: 5*3 (15)

[0]KnightessCiela | HP: 100/100 | EN: 7/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18

Wolf 1 | HP 27/60 (45-18) | DMG 20
Wolf 2 (DEAD) | HP 0/60 | DMG 20
Wolf 3 | HP 31/60 | DMG 20
Wolf 4 | HP 12/60 (27-15) | DMG 20

Wolves' Turns:

Wolf 1 misses
ID: 220983 | MD: 4 | DMG: 0
Wolf 3 hits
ID: 220984 | MD: 6 | DMG: 20 (-26 MIT)=1 DMG
Wolf 4 hits
ID: 220985 | MD: 7 | DMG: 20 (-26 MIT)=1 DMG

Wolf 1 | HP 19/60 (27-8 BLGHT=19) | DMG 20
Wolf 2 (DEAD) | HP 0/60 | DMG 20
Wolf 3 | HP  5/60 (31-8 BLGHT=23) (23-18 THRNS=5) | DMG 20
Wolf 4 (DEAD) | HP 0/60 (12-18 THRNS) | DMG 20

[0]KnightessCiela | HP: 96/100 | EN: 7/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18

Looting Wolf 4:
ID: 220993 | CD: 6 | LD: 12
120 (CD Even)+120 (LD Even)+180 (420) Col
1 T1 Unidentified Rare Weapon 
ID: 220993 A

1 T1 Uncommon Consumable
ID: 220993 B

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Yeah once the monsters start getting some actual damage numbers that will go well over your mitigation threshold," Wulfrin chuckled. "Don't let it go to your head too much. I will say this though, heavy armor and shield is the best source of mitigation. That means as you make your way up the tiers, your mitigation will go up exponentially. You could double down by stocking up on Immolation Potions at the general merchant at the same time you buy Teleport Crystals."

A quick glance at the HP and EN of Ciela worried Wulfrin. She was basically running on empty but wasn't showing signs of worry. Wulfrin admired that and looked back towards the combat scene. Only two wolves remained on slivers of health bars remaining. She was right she had it well under control. Wulfrin shifted his attention back to his fishing venture, feeling a tug at his line.

"Anyway back to my tale," Wulfrin continued as he reset his line after hauling up another chest. "eventually I found my way into a canyon pass. Kind of like that one scene form Star Wars: A New Hope where the droids get jumped by jawas. Anyway, I got jumped by some goons sent by Abdullah and had to trap them with some very angry giant snakes. I'm pretty sure they got eaten because those rattlesnakes were freaking huge. Like waterpark tube slide huge. I already hate snakes as it is, but those will forever haunt my nightmares."

Fishing Attempt:

ID 220994 | CD 10 | Success | LD 16 Critical Catch
+1 Material

Opening Chest
ID: 220995 | LD 10+2=12

Items
Unidentified T2 Perfect Armor/Shield [220995a]
Unidentified T2 Rare Armor/Shield [220995b]

+16 Fishing EXP

Rewards

Spoiler

Wulfrin

2 Material
35 Fishing EXP
Items

KnightessCiela

600 Col
4 Materials

Items
Unidentified T1 Rare Weapon IDs [220970a] [220993a]
Unidentified T1 Uncommon Consumables [220970b] [220993b]

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela listened to her companion spin his tale as she continued to fight. The group of wolves slowly diminished. She looked at the two wolves that were left and prepared her next attack. She looked at her energy bar as she began to swing at the two wolves, she must have been distracted by something as she missed them both. "Drat. Well you win some you lose some." 

She waited for the wolves to attack. Their HP was low so she knew that the end of combat was near. Wolf 1 chomped at her and she watched as it dematerialized after it's attack landed. Wolf 4 followed, the wolf chomped at her even more ferociously than the other wolf, as it's attack landed it dematerialized. 

Ciela took a deep breath and gave a thumbs up to Wulfrin. "I did it!" After taking a breather, she walked over to where he was set up. "Catch anything good? Any new fish armor?" She was kind of tired from the battle and figured sitting around would help her energy regain. Without even thinking she leaned her head on Wulfrin's shoulder and closed her eyes, enjoying the fresh breeze and the sounds of the river that Wulfrin was fishing in.

Recovery:
ID: 220997 | CD: 11

Post Action: AoE-I vs Wolves (1+[2*2]=5 energy)

Attack vs Wolf 1 (Crit Miss)
ID: 220996 | BD: 1 | DMG: 0

Attack vs Wolf 3 (miss)
ID: 220998 | BD: 2 | DMG: 0

[0]KnightessCiela | HP: 100/100 | EN: 4/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18

Wolf 1 | HP 19/60 | DMG 20
Wolf 3 | HP  5/60  | DMG 20
Wolf 4 (DEAD) | HP 0/60| DMG 20

Wolves' Turns:

Wolf 1
ID: 220999 | MD: 7 | DMG: 20 (-26 MIT = 1 DMG)
Wolf 3
ID: 221000 | MD: 10 (+2 DMG) | DMG: 22 (-26 MIT = 1 DMG)

Wolf 1 (DEAD) | HP 0/60 (19-18 THRNS=1) (1-8 BLGT=-7) | DMG 20
Wolf 3 (DEAD) | HP  5/60 (5-18 THRNS=-13) | DMG 20
Wolf 4 (DEAD) | HP 0/60| DMG 20

Looting Wolf 1:
ID: 221001 | CD: 10 | LD: 3
180+120 Col (CD Even)
Gain 2 Materials (Odd LD)
No Loot Obtained.

Looting Wolf 3:
ID: 221002 | CD: 9 | LD: 1
180 Col
Gained 4 Materials (Odd LD and CD)
No Loot Obtained.

Edited by KnightessCiela
forgot to add loot ids

As Ciela rest her head on Wulfrin's shoulder, he wrapped his free arm around her. There was something oddly comforting about the gesture. After all they were in a game of life and death, so Wulfrin never really took the opportunity to relax. It was always one quest after another. Then the memory of Morningstar's advice during their trip up the mountain on Floor Two came up to the surface. That message of taking the time to enjoy this world for what it is and not to rush too much weighed heavy on him now.

"My journey came to an end at a well in the desert," Wulfrin continued. "This was just before dawn. There is an old Greek Myth that tells the tale of Apollo parking his Sun Chariot in the desert of Arabia around dawn at a well. Everyday at that time, a phoenix would land within the waters and bathe itself, and afterwards sing a beautiful melody. This gave the waters certain magical properties, making the waters always clear despite the sandstorms and always pleasantly cool despite the scorching sun. This was the perfect mirror to my own adventure."

Fishing Attempt:

ID 221007 | CD 3 | Fail
Nothing Found

+3 Fishing EXP

Rewards

Spoiler

Wulfrin

2 Material
38 Fishing EXP
Items

KnightessCiela

1080 Col
10 Materials (only keep 5)

Items

Edited by Wulfrin

As Wulfrin wrapped his free arm around her, she realized what she that she had rested her head on him. She became flustered immediately, but she didn't pull away. There was a sense of comfort to Wulfrin's touch. His touch gave her the feeling of a friend you haven't seen in a while, but you linger in a hug with because you missed them so much. 

Ciela inched a bit closer, listening to him continue on about his adventure before dawn. "So that's why you didn't get sleep? So you could find Solaris. I can't wait to get a familiar. I've not really thought about it yet." She was speaking softly, trying to hide the fact that she was flustered. Her eyes were still closed, and she yawned. Maybe it was the breeze, or the fact that she felt comforted by Wulfrin's presence, but she was suddenly getting sleepy. She felt herself beginning to fall asleep, she opened her eyes and looked at Wulfrin with a very doe-eyed look. They seemed to almost sparkle in the sunlight.

"Pretty much," Wulfrin said as he pulled a fish from the water. "Had to fight off some more of Abdullah's men that wanted to take the bird for their mobster boss. Afterwards I went back to my shop and slept for a few hours. It wasn't much but I'll manage."

The river flowed peacefully on, save the new ripples across its surface caused by Wulfrin's bobber landing. He felt at ease. More at ease than he had in a while, even since logging in to SAO. Solaris fluttered down and nestled himself between the two, obviously not happy with the lack of attention. 

"Honestly most familiars aren't really some big adventure," Wulfrin spoke softly trying not to disturb his companions near slumber. "I think I lucked out. supposedly there is a field boss on floor nine that's a phoenix, so my guess is Solaris wasn't able to spawn until it had been defeated. That's why there was no info on him. I had to get all the info from NPC gossip. I wouldn't have thought anything of the info, had I not known the Apollo story. Guess it's just another instance of my random Greek knowledge coming into play."

Fishing Attempt:

ID 221009 | CD 6 | Success | LD 5 No chest
+1 Material

+8 Fishing EXP

Rewards

Spoiler

Wulfrin

3 Material
38 Fishing EXP
Items

KnightessCiela

1080 Col

Items

Edited by Wulfrin

Ciela looked up at Wulfrin, still leaning on his shoulder. "Does Solaris eat fish? Cause that would definitely be something to keep in mind when you find fish armor." She giggled, then gave the bird a bit of a cake she had bought at a shop in between the pairs travels.

She looked up at Wulfrin with those doe eyes once more, "Thank you for being my friend, and for putting up with my goofiness at the beginning. I know it's only been a few days, but I feel closer to you than I ever have to anyone in real life." She became flustered once more, "God, that's cheesy I'm so sorry." She waved her hand in front of her face and tried to act flippantly, "Anyway, thank you. I never thought I'd leave the town of beginnings, much less find a cherished friend right out the gate, pun intended." She pet Solaris, as she spoke giving him that much needed attention. "You too Solaris."

"Sometimes life just has a way of working out," Wulfrin sighed as he continued to comfort Ciela. "I was not prepared for a video game to become my life. I guess that's a bit hypocritical considering I want to be a game designer myself. It would be better to probably say that I didn't expect to become trapped in a game like a prison."

Wulfrin briefly took his arm back as he hefted a chest up out of the water. It disappeared in a flash leaving behind only an info panel listing its contents that only Wulfrin could read. After dismissing the window, Wulfrin returned his arm to back around Ciela. For this moment he wasn't Wulfrin, but Lance again. Shedding the constantly improving and determined Wulfrin persona for his more relaxed and calm personality from the real world.

"If you consider the situation," Wulfrin said looking up to the floor above them. "This is real life for us now. The only true difference between this world and the one we grew up in is data. Our brains are build like biological computers. We receive input data from our five senses and our brains process that data allowing us to do even the simplest tasks. The difference here is that the input data comes from the Nerve-Gear. So in a sense this world is just as real as the one we come from."

Fishing Attempt:

ID 221052 | CD 10 | Success | LD 17 Chest Found
+1 Material

Chest Opening
ID 221053 | LD 16 + 2 = 18

Items
Unidentified T2 Perfect Weapons IDs [221053a] [221053b] 
Unidentified T2 Rare Weapon ID [221053c]

+16 Fishing EXP

Rewards

Spoiler

Wulfrin

4 Material
54 Fishing EXP
Items
Unidentified T2 Rare Weapon IDs [220796c] [221053c]
Unidentified T2 Perfect Weapon IDs [220796a] [220796b] [221053a] [221053b]

KnightessCiela

1080 Col

Items

Edited by Wulfrin

"That's definitely an understatement. I don't think anyone expects to be trapped in a video game. I certainly didn't. I'll be completely honest, I don't usually play MMOs. I usually only play on them with friends, I assumed SAO would be another one of my ADHD hyperfixations that end within a week. I wonder if there are people who actually worked on this game that are trapped in SAO with us." She shrugged, "I know if that were my case, I'd definitely feel betrayed." 

Ciela was startled by Wulfrin pulling a chest out of the water, then became flustered once more when he put his arm back around her. She began to stumble over her words, "If you're uncomfortable with continuing to hold me, you don't have to continue. It is very comforting though, if I'm being totally honest. It makes me feel like we aren't trapped in a death game. For a moment, I felt as if we were back in the real world."

She looked up at the bottom of the floor alongside Wulfrin, "I guess this is technically real life for us now. I never thought about it like that. I've always seen this world as just a bunch of pixels."

"I'm sure at least one of the developers is in here," Wulfrin said as he reset his line. "Akihiko Kayaba is definitely in here with us. It's really basic psychology. Nothing is more boring than watching someone else play an RPG, especially if you are the one responsible for its creation. He has to be in here, we just have to find him. Maybe if we can, he'll let us out."

Wulfrin gazed back at the floor above them. One day he would make it to the top, but right now all he could do was grind levels. The frontlines were dwindling and soon there would be no more people taking up blades to clear the game. Many of the top players had lost interest and settled down forging new lives. Like many player in SAO, they had come to the realization they might not ever leave and decided to make the most of it.

"We should probably start headed back," Wulfrin said as he stared at the clock in his vision. "There should be plenty of time for you to craft your required item, then we can go grab dinner again."

Wulfrin stood up and stowed away his fishing rod. He held out a hand to help Ciela up off the ground.

Fishing Attempt:

ID 221081 | CD 3 | fail 
Nothing found.

+3 Fishing EXP

Rewards

Spoiler

Wulfrin

4 Material
57 Fishing EXP
Items

KnightessCiela

1080 Col

Items

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

"I guess I can see where you're coming from with that. Psychology is definitely a big part in locking players in a game though. I was taking intro to psych in college so I know a little bit about it, although that was what seemed like forever ago." She said as she shrugged.

Ciela looked up at Wulfrin as he offered his hand to help her up. She took it and began twirling her hair for a moment before beginning their trek back to Tolbana. Before they began their walk back to Tolbana, she grew some balls. She decided to be bold because in her mind, you never know how long you actually have left. She grabbed Wulfrin's hand and intertwined her fingers in his, holding it for their entire walk back to Tolbana.

As they entered the tavern, she let go of his hand and smiled at him. "I'll be right back." She went into the kitchen where she was greeted by Maggie once more. "Oh hi sweetie! Did you find those materials I was looking for? I hope I didn't give you any trouble by sending you out for them." Ciela nodded and said, "Yes ma'am I did! It was no trouble. Promise." She smiled at Maggie. Maggie gave Ciela a smile back and said "Well you are welcome to take a crack at cooking dear, take as much time as you need."

Ciela took to the stove and began cooking. She began her attempt at making those sweet succulent honey buns that Wulfrin gave her on the first day. She only made three of them, the first was too sweet. The second was somehow burnt to a crisp. The third was pretty good, looking almost identical to the ones she was given not a few days prior. She was so excited and showed her attempts to Maggie. 

Maggie takes a bite of the third attempt at a honey bun, "Keep this up and you're gonna put me out of business darlin'!"

Ciela goes back to Wulfrin with her attempt and shows it to him, "I did it!" She smiles at him and gives him the first attempt. "This one is a little too sweet, but I figured if you didn't want it you could give it to Solaris." She looked down slightly, almost if she was saddened at the thought of him giving it away.

Spoiler

Crafting Attempt 1:
ID: 221101 | CD: 7 | Salvage | LD: 13 | Materials Saved

Crafting Attempt 2:
ID: 221102 | CD: 2 | FAIL

Crafting Attempt 3:
ID: 221103 | CD: 11 | Success | Rare

NEW ITEM:
Honey Bun | Tierless Snack: Loot Die 2 
Desc: A delicious mock honey bun from the kitchen of Big Deborah.

Edited by KnightessCiela

The handholding caught Wulfrin off guard, but he didn't pull away. Tolbana wasn't far from them only a few short minutes, but the time flew by. Solaris soared over head acting as the guide back to town. Once there the duo made their way to the small cafe they had eaten at the other night. Ciela quickly excused herself and entered into the establishment. She was gone long enough for Wulfrin to sit, have a quick tea break and read up on the happenings of other floors. His main focus was places with good decor he could use to decorating his future house. He landed on floor six.

As he finished his brush up on the floor, Ciela had returned holding a honey bun in her hand and offered it to Wulfrin. Graciously he took the item and took a bite. She was right it was a bit on the sweet side, but it wasn't inedible. He tore the remaining bun in half offering part of it to Solaris, who scarfed it down without hesitation. Wulfrin finished the last of his portion.

"It's got my seal of approval," Wulfrin said as he stood from his seat. "So, what adventure are we going on next?"

Thread Closing

KnightessCeila Receives:

591 EXP: ([4171]*1*0.7 + 300[quest])
1480 Col [1080(Loot) + 400 (1 Page)]
5 Materials

Unlock <<Cooking>> Profession

Items

Honey Bun | Tierless Rare Snack: Loot Die 2 
Desc: A delicious mock honey bun from the kitchen of Big Deborah.

Wulfrin Receives:

834 EXP: ([4171]*2*0.7)
0 Col [1 Page]
4 Material
57 Fishing EXP

Items

Edited by Wulfrin