[PP - F22] Rocky Training Montage Time | <<Training Your Friend>>

As Ciela woke up for the day, she looked out the window and smiled. Floor 22 always had such beautiful scenery and she found it being a great way to wake up in the mornings. 

Wulfrin had been letting her stay on his couch, instead of her taking over sleeping on that dusty bench in his shop. She welcomed the invitation, as before she was just kind of sleeping in random locations and hoping nothing happened.

She was excited, she made a little bed with pillows from Wulfrin's couch for Perlita and looked over at her new little friend. She reached over to pet her and smiled as she watched Perlita snuggle further into the pillows.

Ciela stretched and sat up on the couch, "I wonder if Wulfrin's up yet. Well, if he's not he will be soon." She goes into his kitchen and starts making breakfast for the couple and their little companions. She decided to make waffles, scrambled eggs, and bacon, since she didn't fully know what he liked to eat for breakfast. She cleaned up and began setting the table. For the two familiars, she made little mini pancakes for them to enjoy.

Before she began eating, she decided to clean up the kitchen as to not leave a mess everywhere. "Well, I hope he's hungry," she states as she quickly glances over the table as she finishes up cleaning. Perlita had already started eating. Ciela didn't even have to look at her as Perlita made cute little squeaking noises as she munched on her pancakes.

Spoiler

Character Sheet:

Spoiler

KnightessCiela | Level 12 | HP: 270/270 | EN: 42/42 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 62 | BLGT: 8 | FL. THRN: 4 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18

Equipment:

Spoiler
  • Blighted Fang | [Fusion ID #219398b] | TIER 1 PERFECT STRAIGHT SWORD | DMG, KEEN, BLIGHT [desc.]: A longsword crafted from metal coated in the sap of a blighted maple tree. Its necromantic properties leave lasting wounds that are hard to recover from
  • Duergar Battle Plate | [#220061d] | TIER 2 PERFECT HEAVY ARMOR | Flame Thorns, MIT, Thorns
    [desc.]: Forged deep below the surface, this black steel plate armor is fashioned with various spikes making it a guarantee that attacks will hurt the attacker more than you
  • T1 Shield | Thornforged Shield | Fusion ID: 220400 | MIT 1 | Thorns 1 | Rec 1
    Just as every rose has its thorns, this shield embodies the dual nature of protection and peril. Its intricate design, reminiscent of the intertwining vines of a rose bush, offers unparalleled defense on the battlefield while serving as a poignant reminder of the adversities faced in life's journey. On the front face is a small phoenix with its wings outstretched in flight, the sigil of Sentinel Armaments. The phoenix is at the center of a large rose bloom that makes up the prominent feature of the shield's front.

Skills:

Spoiler

Armor:

Spoiler

R5 Heavy Armor

MIT 25

STEALTH -5

Combat Mastery:

Spoiler

Mitigation

R1 - Novice

6*tier MIT per rank = 6 MIT

Weapon:

Spoiler

R3 Straight Swords

• [x8] ST-I (8 EN) | A single-target sword art.
  • [x11] ST-II (11 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
  • [x7] AOE-I (7 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
  • [x8] TECH-A (9 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Addons:

Spoiler

Iron Skin

+15 MIT and +15* Tier HP (30 HP)

Mods:

Spoiler

None Yet

Extra:

Spoiler

None Yet

Battle Ready Inventory:

Spoiler
  • (5) T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP
  • (1) T1 Uncommon Damage Potion: +1 DMG for an entire thread.
  • (1) T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion: Adds 5% of Maximum HP to users Maximum HP for a thread.
  • (1) T1 Rare Health Potion: Heals 10% of maximum HP.
  • (3) Teleport Crystal

Spoiler

Foraging:
ID: 221401 | LD: 5 | CD: 11
No Materials Found

+ 3 Foraging EXP
[28/49 EXP] (25+3)
R1 - Novice Forager

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Morning sleepy head," Wulfrin said as he entered the front door. As per his usual routine, he had been out at the forge early this morning to get some quick crafts out of the way before starting his adventuring day. "I finished your sword and shield. You've basically paid for them by feeding me all that wonderful food of yours, so no need to pay for them."

Wulfrin laid the longsword and shield on the nearby coffee table for Ciela to grab at her convenience. He quickly swapped out of his smithing garb in favor of a more relaxed shirt and pants. He made his way to the kitchen and grabbed a serving of the breakfast that his guest had prepared. The two sat at Wulfrin's small dining table and ate their meals. The familiars ate their own food not far away. The two ate in basically silence, as the food was as always excellent.

"So," Wulfrin said as he finished his plate. "I've been meaning to get Solaris trained for combat. If you don't have any plans we can try to train both of the familiars at the same time. I'm going to see if I can get Solaris to help dish out some damage to my enemies. Do you have an idea for what benefit you want Pearlita to give you?"

Wulfrin Gives KnightessCiela the following items

Sentinel Shield | T2 Perfect Shield | ID [220639]
MIT 2 | Thorns 1
[desc.] A kite shield emblazoned with the signet of Sentinel Armaments. Enemies will find quite the sting when they collide with this shield.

Honed Longsword | T2 Perfect Straight Sword | ID [220512]
ACC 2 | DMG 1
[desc.] A simple steel longsword that prioritizes balance over damage. The center piece of the cross guard is the signet of Sentinel Armaments.

Spoiler

Stat Block

Spoiler

Wulfrin | Level 21 | HP: 420/420 | EN: 60/60 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 66 | ACC: 2 | LD: 5 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3

Skills

Spoiler

Active

Spoiler

Light Armor Rank 5: 30 MIT (-2 Stealth)

Straight Swords Rank 5: +7 DMG

Searching Rank 2: +2 LD, +2 Stealth Detection

Combat Mastery Damage Rank 2

Active Extra Skills (Max 3)

Spoiler

Concentration: Free Action, Gain AbsAcc. Cooldown 5 rounds

Active Mods (Max 5)

Spoiler

Meticulous: +1 DMG

Night Vision: Ignore low light/darkness penalties, Negates bonus to enemy Stealth Rating in Low Light/Darkness

Active Addons

Spoiler

Stamina: -2 EN on attacks

Precision: +1 ACC

Ferocity: +2 DMG with Straight Swords

Inactive

Spoiler

None

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 hp each)
6 T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP.
2 Teleportation Crystals
Protein Pancakes | [ID #219428a] | TIERLESS RARE MEAL | PROTEIN II
[desc.]: They're a little dry but they do the trick.
2x Terra Firma Scale (equivalent to T3 MIT 1)

Equipment

Spoiler

Armored Long Coat | T3 Perfect Light Armor | ID [220094]
MIT 2 | REC 1
[desc.] A long red leather coat with additional armor plates. The right pauldron has the signet of Sentinel Armaments emblazoned on it.

Wolf's Bite | T3 Perfect Straight Sword | ID [220774]
ACC 1 | BLEED 2
[desc.] Sharpened to a razor's edge, this blade cuts deep and leaves lasting wounds. It is well balanced to aid in attacks. The center of the cross guard is the signet of Sentinel Armaments.

Crystal | TIER 1 TRINKET | LD III | ID: #205224
[desc.]: a blue crystal. scraps of a larger crafting component.

Estate Buffs

Spoiler

Bedroom: "Rested" -1 EN to first 2 combat expenditures each combat
Bathroom: "Clean" First DoT effect damage reduced by 20%
Basic Kitchen: "Filling" increases effectiveness of one food item by 1 T1 MIT slot (+5 MIT)
Storage Closet: "Item Stash" +1 Battle ready Inventory Slot
Living room: "Relaxed" +10 out of Combat healing, Energy full after 2 out of combat posts
Dining Room: "Tasty" Turn 2 identical food items into a lesser feast. (Feeds 4 players)
Attic (Storage): "Col Stash" +5% Col from monster loot
Basement: "Multipurpose" +1 LD, LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity (Once per thread)

Fishing Pond: "Angler" +2 Fishing Exp per attempt

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela was baffled, "I didn't even hear you leave this morning? How early did you get up?" She finished cleaning up and gestured for him to eat. "I'll sit down shortly. I like for my kitchen to be clean before I eat." She dried off her hands and sat down next to him at the table. 

The two familiars were eating in a small nook of the kitchen away from the pair. Everyone enjoyed their food in silence. Ciela ate her food happily as she exchanged glances with Wulfrin. She saw that he was happily eating her cooking, which made her even happier.

"So I've been thinking about either protector, or healer. I really don't have much of a clue. But I would love to train our familiars together! It'll be like a Rocky training montage!" She giggled and washed their plates quickly and put them away. 

Wulfrin had made Ciela a little carved fishing rod, and although it held no benefit it allowed her to snuggle up to him while he was fishing. She planned to use it for the training. She had put a fish at the end of it and dangled it in front of Perlita. "Perlita dear, we're gonna test out your hops." She dangled the fish right above Perlita's head and said, "Hop for the fishy Perlita." 

Perlita began hopping, but her hops were falling just short. Ciela watched as Perlita would get mere centimeters away from the fish and bite down, then lose her momentum and land back on the ground. After a moment of this, Ciela gave Perlita the fish and petted her head. "You did great! I'm so proud of you." Ciela petted Perlita and watched as Wulfrin trained Solaris, hoping he was having better luck training his fire chicken.

Spoiler

Ciela Swaps Gear:

Ciela Swaps Swords:
Blighted Fang | [Fusion ID #219398b] | TIER 1 PERFECT STRAIGHT SWORD | DMG, KEEN, BLIGHT 

For

Honed Longsword | T2 Perfect Straight Sword | ID [220512] | ACC 2 | DMG 1
[desc.] A simple steel longsword that prioritizes balance over damage. The center piece of the cross guard is the signet of Sentinel Armaments.

Ciela Swaps Shields:
T1 Shield | Thornforged Shield | Fusion ID: 220400 | MIT 1 | Thorns 1 | Rec 1

For

Sentinel Shield | T2 Perfect Shield | ID [220639] | MIT 2 | Thorns 1
[desc.] A kite shield emblazoned with the signet of Sentinel Armaments. Enemies will find quite the sting when they collide with this shield.

NEW STAT BLOCK:

KnightessCiela | Level 12 | HP: 270/270 | EN: 42/42 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 86 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

Spoiler

Training Familiar:
ID: 221421 | CD: 6
Fail. CD requirement lowered by 2. Requirement  for Ciela is now 5+

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin and Solaris's training was more intensive. Wulfrin was essentially in combat with Solaris, attempting to get their attacks to sync up. Solaris was acting like the regal animal he was and not wanting to dirty his talons. There was a bit more response from Wulfrin's phoenix when food was introduced. Wulfrin then swapped tactics. Perhaps a whistle to attack was more in order. Wulfrin had no idea what he was doing. He had never attempted to train an animal in his life. Hell he could barely keep a fish alive. This whole training session was proving to be a much harder endeavor than he had originally anticipated, but at least there was some progress starting to be shown from the regal bird. 

"This is going to take a while," He said to Ciela. "I've never trained an animal before, and so far it appears harder than it looks."

Ciela wasn't appearing to have much better luck. Perhaps both players had very stubborn familiars. That was at least the most likely case for Solaris, but if Wulfrin could get through to his flaming eagle, they could be quite the formidable duo.

Spoiler

Training Familiar: Rending
ID 221424 | CD 2
Fail CD threshold reduced by 2
Success now on CD 5+

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela took a moment, making sure Perlita was comforted. "You'll get it next time, I promise." Ciela could see sadness in the otter's eyes. 

"I figured it might take a while, we can always take a break for lunch later. I have something tasty planned!" Ciela smiled and watched Solaris and Wulfrin attempt training, he wasn't having any better luck than she and Perlita were.

Ciela went over to a tree and cut a bullseye into it, setting up for her next training challenge. She decided to look in a nearby bush and see if she could find any materials. No luck.

"You're welcome to use this target for training if you'd like darling." She then looks over to Solaris, "If you leave the tree intact and don't burn it, I'll give you a treat." Ciela then walks closer to the pair, kissing Wulfrin on the cheek. "I'm sure you'll get it next time."

Spoiler

Foraging:
ID: 221431 | CD: 9 | LD: 12
No Materials Found

+ 3 Foraging EXP
[31/49 EXP] (28+3)
R1 - Novice Forager

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin sliced at the tree, as he did he gave a quick whistle as if to have Solaris come to him. Surprisingly the phoenix listened to its master and in a streak of flames, darted up to Wulfrin's shoulder. Wulfrin pointed his sword at the bullseye in the tree and gave a second shorter, sharper whistle and Solaris darted forward, raking his claws across the target.

"Nice job Solaris!" Wulfrin praised his flaming eagle. He materialized a fish from his inventory and tossed it into the air. Solaris swooped towards it and snatched it up mid air. "Keep that up, and you and I will be clearing mobs in no time!"

Whilst his phoenix enjoyed its reward, Wulfrin pulled out his fishing rod and prepared it for a round of fishing in his small pond. While he baited his hook, he watched Ciela and Pearlita's training. They had just wrapped up their own small break and were setting up to continue.

"If I were to give a recommendation," Wulfrin said as he watched. "The protector one is more fitting of your playstyle. The healing one is only beneficial if you plan to pick up healing skills, and you would likely be using those on others as you already take next to no damage from mobs. I'm pretty sure your Mitigation stat is much higher than my own at this point."

Spoiler

ID 221432 | CD 8
Success (1/3)
Success currently on CD 5+

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

"Protection is probably the one I'll go for." Ciela materialized another fish for Perlita and pointed to the tree, "See the bullseye Perlita, go and hit it." Ciela watched as Perlita hopped up and booped the middle of the target with her nose.

Ciela was so excited, she hopped up and down while clapping until Perlita returned to her. "Perlita! That was so good! I'm so proud." Ciela handed Perlita the fish and let her eat. All you could hear in between all the sounds of the floor was Perlita's loud happy squeaks as she chomped on the fish.

Ciela continued to pet Perlita and looked over at Wulfrin and Solaris, who had also both just had success while training. "Good job you two, that's my boys." Ciela flashed Wulfrin a smile and continued to pet Perlita. 

She decided to take a moment and just enjoy the ambiance of the floor, she laid back in the grass and Perlita climbed onto her stomach and snuggled up to her, making little whining sounds. "Do you want more pets Perlita?" Perlita lets out a loud squeak as she nudges Ciela's hand. Ciela then began to pet Perlita once more, she didn't mind the fact that Perlita loved attention as she enjoyed the company of not only Perlita but also Wulfrin and Solaris.

Spoiler

Training Familiar:
ID: 221439 | CD: 5
SUCCESS! (1/3)
Success for training is CD: 5+

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin cast his line into his small fishing pond at his home. He tried to keep it stocked so he could continually gain fishing exp like he could with his other profession at his shop. Wulfrin watched the bobber glide across the small pond's surface as he watched the progress of Pearlita and Ciela. In a similar fashion as he and Solaris, the duo seemed to be making progress. Pearlita seemed to be responding to commands given by Ciela. He smiled at the progress both pairs were making. They still had a ways to go, but the task seemed much less daunting at this moment. Feeling a tug, Wulfrin pulled up a fish from the pond that contained a small amount of simple items. These were the first of his tier 3 items he had found in the wild, and would likely be no more than junk fodder at an appraiser's shop. Looking over to Solaris, who had just finished their reward, Wulfrin stood up and placed the rod back into his inventory.

"Alright Solaris," Wulfrin said as he made his way back towards the center of his open yard. "Let's continue our training."

Spoiler

Fishing Attempt
Rank 3 Fisher | Success CD 6+ | Chest LD 10+ | +2 LD when opening chest | +2 EXP per Attempt
ID 221450 | CD 12 | LD 20 | Success | Chest Found

+1 Material

+18 Fishing Exp

Opening Chest
ID 221451 | LD 1+2=3

Items
Unidentified T3 Rare Armor/Shield [221451a] [221451b]
Unidentified T3 Rare Trinket [221451c]

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Wulfrin and Ciela both seemed to be having a lot of luck when training their familiars. "I hope you and Solaris do well during this next little training moment." Ciela smiled at Wulfrin, "Do you mind if I use the pond for a moment?" 

After a moment, Ciela pets Perlita. "Alright Perlita, it's your time to shine. Go catch your own fishies this time." The pair approach the pond and Perlita performs a little hop and goes into the water. As Perlita zooms and zips through the pond, Ciela sat on the little stones directly in front of the pond.

After a few minutes Perlita pops her little head out of the water and she's got two fish vertically in her mouth. "Great job Perlita! You may enjoy your fishies!" 

After Perlita finishes her treat, the pair return to Wulfrin and Solaris. "How's y'all's training going? I hope it's going as good as ours is."

Spoiler

Training Familiar:
ID: 221481 | CD: 9 (Success)
Successes (2/3)

image_2024-04-07_084833362.png

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Go for it," Wulfrin said as he walked away from the pond. "I keep it stocked to help with fishing experience."  

Wulfrin gave whistle for Solaris to return to his side. The flaming eagle responded well and the pair made there way back towards the center of the yard. This time Wulfrin planned to try and get Solaris to focus on timing his attack to land in tandem with his own. This would require Solaris to be more focused on the blade than his verbal commands. As Wulfrin repeatedly swung his sword elegantly through the air, he would occasionally whistle as an audible cue for Solaris. After several repeated drills of the same matter the whistling stopped, but the sword continued to dance through the air. Solaris was gliding through the air in near perfect unison with Wulfrin. Significant progress was being made, but there was still plenty to go through.

"Well done," Wulfrin said as he scratched Solaris behind the head. "Short break and we'll continue."

Just as they had wrapped up, Ciela and Pearlita approached them and asked for an update on their progress.

"It was a rough start, but I think we're close to getting it down 100%. Yours?"

Spoiler

ID 221487 | CD 5
Success (2/3)
Success currently on CD 5+

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela picked up Perlita and held her close to her chest. "We're definitely getting it down too. I think it's a rhythm thing. No, that can't be right. Synergy? No, I don't think that's right either. Synchronous? Maybe? Anyway- We become more used to the way they work, and they get used to the way we work. It's forming a relationship 101. I've also trained puppies before so this has been a snap so far."

"Sea otters are basically just ocean puppies, they're cute, cuddly, and love attention and food. So it's pretty similar. I figure once we've gotten our little buddies trained, I'll make us some lunch! As I stated earlier I've got something really tasty planned." She smiled and booped Wulfrin's nose gently.

"Back to training I suppose! We're almost there Perlita, I can feel it!" Ciela picked up Perlita and placed her on the bench outside Wulfrin's house, preparing for their next training session.

Spoiler

Foraging:
ID: 221509  | CD: 7 | LD: 16
1 Material Found
+1 Additional Material (CD 7+)

+ 16 Foraging EXP
R1 - Novice Forager

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin and Solaris continued their spar with their invisible enemy. Only about half way through Solaris seemed to lose interest in the activity and began to wander off. The next several minutes were spent by Wulfrin in an attempt to coax the phoenix back into training, to no avail. With a dejected sigh, Wulfrin returned to the edge of his small fishing pond and lay in the grass. Wulfrin stared up to the floor above him with an air of longing. Once this training day was over, he would be one step closer to advancing on the frontlines with his fellow players. With any luck he might be ready in time for the next floor boss. Last he heard Freyd was traversing the labyrinth solo, but had not yet made it through. 

"At least you have some background," Wulfrin said with a sigh. "I've never been good with animals. They either run away or refuse to listen to me. Solaris so far is leagues farther than I've ever been in the training progress." 

Spoiler

ID 221510 | CD 1 | Fail
Success (2/3)
Success currently on CD 3+

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela and Perlita prepped for their next training session. "Perlita, we're gonna attempt your hops again. This time a bit higher though alright?" Ciela holds the fish about a foot or two away from her little otter on the bench. "Hop at the fish and hold tight until I let go." Ciela stated as she gestured to the fish. 

Perlita takes a small step back, almost as if she's afraid but then sees the smile of Ciela and runs and hops off of the bench. Perlita latches onto the fish right in the middle. "Good job Perlita! Now hold onto it." After a moment Ciela gently sets Perlita and the fish down on the ground and pets Perlita's head. "You earned that Perlita." 

Perlita finishes her fish and Ciela watches as Perlita sparkles and flashes for a moment. "Huh, that was-" Ciela was cut off by the menu popping up in front of her face. Ciela takes a moment to read the menu and closes it. "Well I guess we're done."

Ciela looks to Wulfrin, and places a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "You'll get it. I promise. It's definitely not easy. I wish I could give you some tips and tricks..." She tilted her head and scratched her neck, "But- and I'm reluctant to admit this, the only training I've done with birds was teaching them curse words. Cause it's funny to hear a parrot curse at people." 

Ciela scoots up closer to Wulfrin, "I know something that will make you feel better." Ciela places her hand on his cheek and leans down to kiss him very softly. She pulls away from the kiss and whispers, "You've got this, alright? I believe in you."

Spoiler

Training Familiar:
ID: 221512 | CD: 7
Successes (3/3)

Familiar Trained!

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Yeah I don't think eagles can do that," Wulfrin sighed. He sat up and pulled out his fishing rod again. Solaris was still being a bit unresponsive at the moment, so he figured a bit more of a break would do him some good. The gentle kiss slightly calmed his growing frustration. He cast his line into the small fishing pond and waited. All the while he watched Solaris fly around the estate grounds and Ciela and Pearlita play together. He felt a tug on the line. No items with the fish this time, but that wasn't the goal anyway. The focus was the skill's exp. He sat and fiddled with the fishing rod a while longer.

"We should be getting down pat any minute now," Wulfrin said as he stowed away the rod. "We are so close. Which brings up a good question. If we still have time in the day what would you like to do after?"

Spoiler

Fishing Attempt
Rank 3 Fisher | Success CD 6+ | Chest LD 10+ | +2 LD when opening chest | +2 EXP per Attempt
ID 221513 | CD 12 | LD 4 | Success

+1 Material

+10 Fishing Exp

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

"Well, after lunch I'm not really sure. Is there anything you'd like to do? I'm up for anything." Ciela watches Wulfrin get up and sits where he was sitting. She smiles at Wulfrin, "You got this baby." She looks over to Solaris and begins to scold him like he's a child, "Solaris, stop being stubborn alright? This is really important and you being stubborn isn't doing what you think it's doing." 

Ciela pretended to know what was going on in the bird's brain as she scolded him. She figured she should probably attempt to look for materials. She began searching through random tufts of grass, hoping the menu would tell her she found something so she could start baking in her shop. She really wanted to get started on making food for the shop.

Perlita was back in the pond just swimming away. After a moment, Perlita just floats and seems to take a little nap. "Poor dear is tired from all the excitement today." Ciela looks to Wulfrin, watching him and Solaris train. 

Spoiler

Foraging:
ID: 221547 | CD: 12 | LD: 7 
0 Material Found

+ 3 Foraging EXP
[42/49 EXP] (39+3)
R1 - Novice Forager

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin gave a shrill whistle and Solaris came right to him. It seemed the phoenix was out of its slump. Perhaps Ciela's pep talk had sparked something in the flaming eagle. Wulfrin and Solaris resumed their spar with their invisible foe. They moved in near perfect harmony faster and faster with each strike. Solaris became a streak of fire that orbited Wulfrin like an excited electron around the nucleus of an atom. Wulfrin proceeded into a sword art, one of his favorites Horizontal Square. As he came to a stop and the holographic square dissipated, Solaris came to a rest in front of Wulfrin. As Solaris shook out his feathers, he began to shine for a brief moment. As the glow faded an info panel appeared before Wulfrin stating the training had completed.

"Finally!" Wulfrin shouted as he raised his fist to the sky. "We're gunna be unstoppable!" Solaris seemed to share in the excitement as he fluttered around Wulfrin with more energy than he had shown in a long time.

Spoiler

ID 221548 | CD 4 | Success
Success (3/3)
Success currently on CD 3+

Familiar Trained

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

As Solaris glowed and Wulfrin triumphed very loudly, Ciela smiled and clapped for the pair. "I told you that you could do it. Maybe my little pep talk finally knocked some sense into Solaris' stubborn little head." Ciela looked to Wulfrin. "So... Are you ready for lunch?" 

Ciela went back into Wulfrin's house and put an apron on over her clothes. She was still in her sleep clothes since they were staying at home. She was wearing a pink shirt that hung off of her shoulder, the black workout shorts she was wearing were at about her upper thigh and she was wearing little ankle socks. As she slid around the kitchen it looked like a mad scientists laboratory. She finished cooking and placed two sandwiches on the table. She walked to where Solaris and Perlita usually ate and set them each a plate of carrots and a little fish sandwich.

The sandwiches that Ciela made for her and Wulfrin were beautifully stacked. From top to bottom it had a bun, cheese, shredded roast beef, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and a top bun. It had a little toothpick in the top to hold it all together. As a side Ciela had made them french fries. In the middle of the table Ciela had laid out a platter of carrots and homemade restaurant style ranch. So far this was the prettiest thing she's cooked. 

She looked to Wulfrin, who had followed her in from outside. She was flustered as she'd never really been watched while she was cooking before. "Well? What do you think? Feel free to dig in and give me your thoughts afterwards."

Spoiler

Foraging:
ID: 221599 | CD: 10 | LD: 5
0 Material Found

+ 3 Foraging EXP
[45/49 EXP] (42+3)
R1 - Novice Forager

download (38).jpg

Edited by KnightessCiela

With no hesitation, Wulfrin dug into the sandwich. Like everything Ciela cooked his his rather small kitchen, the sandwich was delicious. He was probably the luckiest man in Aincrad at the moment. He kind of felt bad for making her sleep on the couch, but in reality he had no choice. For one he hadn't planned to have a long term guest when he furnished the place, so there was no additional bedroom. On top of that the system wouldn't allowing him to adjust the floor plan or assign other players benefits until thirty days had past.

"This is delicious," Wulfrin complimented the dish through a mouth full of roast beef sandwich. "On another note, we should probably talk about us. Would you consider us an item at this point? I feel like there is a certain chemistry between the two of us. A chemistry I can definitely get behind."

Ciela was happy that Wulfrin was enjoying her food. She began eating as well. As Wulfrin asked her, "Would you consider us an item at this point?" She choked on her sandwich, she coughed and cleared her throat. "Wh- Well- Uh... I mean yeah. I'd definitely consider us an item. I definitely felt the chemistry as well. I just didn't wanna say anything in case you weren't feeling it too." She looked down. "I've been very happy these past few weeks. I didn't know if saying something would ruin it.." 

She finished her food and cleared her and Wulfrin's plates once they were both done eating. "So we're definitely a thing right? Those kisses we shared definitely had a spark right? I'm not imagining that?" She asked softly but frantically. She seemed to be a little bit panicked, due to the situation. She began to wash their plates and attempted to take a deep breath.

"Oh for sure," Wulfrin said as he munched down on the fries. For almost a count of ten, he went silent. The thought lingered in his mind for way too long and the words felt heavy in his throat. "So I can't do anything about it yet, as I have to wait thirty days before I can edit this place, but it is possible for you to move in properly if you want. There is also an option in the system that may be beneficial to us as well. Should we wish to, there is a marriage system."

Wulfrin fell silent after he said the words. He continued to eat his fries slowly and with more caution, unsure if he had gone too far in mentioning the extra features of the system. As the meal came to a close in awkward silence from both parties, one more group of words started to creep into Wulfrin's mind. They were dangerous. They could cut deeper than any blade, yet they weighed so heavily on his heart. He had to say them, lest he let the opportunity slip away.

"Ciela," Wulfrin stammered as he sipped on a freshly brewed tea. "I - I love you."