[F02 | SP] Weasling The Truth Out | <<Feeding Your Enemy>>

It wasn't that she didn't trust the information, but Nymoria had been hesitant heading onto the second floor. She'd made some development with her own skills and capabilities, and yet somehow she still wondered if she wasn't stepping into territory that was beyond her own limits. The information had come earlier in the morning, a simple message from a broker that she had kept in contact with, one who had been more than happy to provide her snippets of information in exchange for easy money - money that, until recently, she had been short in hand. Her recently adventures had left her with slightly more to spend, and that had peaked the interest of the broker enough to provide what Nymoria felt was a surprising amount of detail regarding a quest she had been eyeing for sometime.

Everyone who is anyone in this game has a familiar, which means that I should look at getting one too...if for no reason other than maybe it would be someone I can talk to... It was almost a sad thought when she considered it. She was so desperate for something to communicate with, she was willing to accept even a fake pet within a digital world. She was certain that if her parents had ever heard her say that, they would've looked down upon her. As if they can look down upon me any more than they already do. I already know they don't...Akane was the favourite...

The thoughts had been enough to force her out of the inn's bed, determined to leave behind the depression for the day. If nothing else, she wanted to keep up the success she'd been seeing since she started the first quest in the game of any real value. She'd felt a minor amount of happiness when she'd completed the first couple of quests, and although she still had the third lesson to chase down, she wanted nothing more than to focus on something different for the day. 

I guess starting the day off right is important though. Let's get up fully, and then maybe we can get to it. Worthless or not, she'd kept up her morning routine since arriving in the game - taking time to go through the normal bathing and cleaning that she would've done in the real world, even if it wasn't required here. It helped her to keep a normalcy in her life, when everything else had gone to shit. A balance through all the difficulties she faced, and continued to face.

Nymoria uses Spyglass {1} | Reduce Search Posts x5 [Dungeon, Familiar, Field Boss] for one thread

Statblock

Shoko (2).png
Spoiler

Notes

Nymoria | Lv. 5 | P. 0 | HP [100/100] | EN [28/28] | ACC [3] | DMG [8] | MIT [11] | BH [+1] 
Tier 1 | Tier 1

Equipment

• Nymoria's Sabre
    [Sabre | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Damage [2 Slots]
  • Beginner's Chestplate
    [Light Armour | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Mitigation [1 Slots] 
  • Hearing Aid
    [Trinket | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Accuracy [3 Slots]

Battle-Ready Inventory

• Starter Healing Potions {5} | Tier 1 | Potion | Heals 50 HP
  • Uncommon Health Potion {5} | Tier 1 | Potion | Heals 5% Maximum HP
  • Health Potion {1} | Tier 1 | Potion | HP Recovery III
  • Spyglass {3} | Reduce Search Posts x5 [Dungeon, Familiar, Field Boss] for one thread

Skills

Spoiler

Utility Skills
N/A

Combat Skills
Battle Healing [Rank: 1. 
Active: Passive. Effect: While in combat, recover 1% per rank of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.]

Weapon Skills
Sabers [Rank: 3. 
Active: Passive. Effect: +5 DMG]

Armour Skills
Light Armour [Rank: 1. Active: Passive. Effect: Gain Mitigation based on your rank in Light Armor. You can only benefit from one armor skill at a time (the respective armor type must be equipped). Your mitigation is capped at 2 enhancement slots.]

Active Extra Skills
N/A

Inactive Extra Skills 
N/A

Combat Mastery
N/A

Familiar Skills
N/A

Estate Buffs
N/A

Sword Arts

Spoiler

[x4] ST-I (4 EN) | A single-target sword art.
[x3] AOE-I (1 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
[x4] TECH-A (5 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Estate Buffs

Spoiler

N/A

Edited by Nymoria

It felt refreshing, if nothing else, to step out of the shower. A feeling that she had always enjoyed, even in the real world - the sudden stark chill that ran over her as she moved from the warmth of the water, to the normal room air; a feeling that always woke her fully, regardless of how tired she'd been moments before. She'd dressed quickly, not that she was worried about catching a cold - a thing that she was sure didn't exist the game, or at least she'd never run into such a thing - but rather from a feeling of embarrassment or worry. 

This says that there's a woman I need to find on the second floor. Some sort of wandering gypsy? I wonder if it's like those people from the European areas in the real world? She must be pretty eccentric then, so she should be easy to spot at least? Nymoria gathered what little materials she had, picking up the sabre that she had ordered with an almost reverence. At the thought, her hand rose and touched the hearing aid attached to her right ear, feeling the piece in an almost comforting way. Both items had been recent purchases of her - designed to help her become better, although whether they would or not was still waiting to be seen. Still, she already felt a connection with the items, considering they were her first purchases. 

My first proof that I've made any sort of progress. A sign that I'm finally moving forwards. Perhaps it was silly, but it meant more to her than she could ever explain to anyone else, and she knew she would cherish them for a long time to come. 

The inn's tavern was, as always, fairly empty when Nymoria had arrived. Not that she was complaining by any means. The less people within the area, the more comfortable she felt whenever she needed to communicate with the tavern maid at the time. She'd been staying long enough in the same inn, for better or for worse, that the maid had come to know the sight of her and her orders. It only took a few moments for her order to be prepared, and then Nymoria had returned to her room to consume the breakfast, as meagre as it was. Not that she was complaining, it was far better than some of the worse off players had endured - far better than some of the things she had endured not so long ago. 

Although, it would be nice to have something a bit more...flavourful? In time, maybe...if I can get better. Her optimistic thoughts put her on edge, waiting for the crushing depression that would eventually strike her. She knew that in times like these, when she was feeling somewhat positive towards her future or present, that it would eventually shatter like glass. It was only a matter of time, and Nymoria had long since learnt that it always arrived without fault. I wonder if this is how other people feel?

Her breakfast finished, she'd collected her dishes and returned them to the tavern maid before leaving the inn behind. The sun was, as always, beating down with an intensity that was both warming and somehow overwhelming. Not that it was uncomfortable to her by any means, but Nymoria always felt like she needed to find shelter from it before she burnt, a side effect that she wasn't even sure could occur in this world. At least it's not always raining. That would be horrible, imagine! A bit of sunlight is nice, but too much is overpowering, a balance would be enjoyable. She squinted up towards the sun as she walked, her head tilted slightly upwards and to the right as she walked along the street.

I'm amazed the hearing aid makes a difference...things are...well, not clear, but definitely not as dull as they used to be. Her head shifted to look at the area around her, taking in the difference in the sounds that she could recognise now. Although the voices still seemed distant, and incomprehensible unless she focused on them, she noticed that some of the vibrations that had been otherwise indecipherable were now something she could almost register, or at least notice. It's not perfect, but maybe...maybe this is a step forward?

The teleporter had been busy, an unsurprising situation if Nymoria was to be truthful. The main way in and out of the floor, she would have been more surprised to find it vacant and open for use, something that usually never happened no matter what time of day or night it was. Players were always moving between the various floors as they tried to continue their crawl upwards, even someone like Nymoria had a regular occasion to leave behind the town of beginnings in order to head upwards to the higher tiered areas. Although her reasons would likely vary from those of the players' around her.

She'd avoided looking at any of them as she waited her turn, watching out of the corner of her eye as player after player stepped up onto the platform that would lead to whatever destination they were heading for, their voices calling out towards the gates in order to activate it. Nymoria had struggled the first time she'd stepped onto a platform, the sudden realisation that the game required her to speak to activate it causing her to freeze in response, and eventually leading to the players impatiently waiting around her to become frustrated. It had taken her far longer than she would've liked to admit to finally make her departure, and the entire event still burned a flush onto her face whenever she remembered it.

Just ignore them...like they ignore you. You don't need to think about how they look at you, or what snide remarks they may make behind you...you can't hear them anyways, so what does it matter? 

The final player before her had stepped up and disappeared, and Nymoria felt her legs begin to shake as she took her place on the teleporter. She closed her eyes, refusing to look at the faces around her as she pulled her hands up to her chest, feeling the tightness as she struggled to hold herself together. She was sure she'd been standing there, silently for long moments before she spoke, and when she did the voice sounded alien to her hearing - barely audible, indecipherable; more of a vibration in her throat than a sound in her own ears. "Oorboos!"

Even through her closed eyes she could see and feel the shift, a sudden change in her position and balance. She opened her eyes to find herself standing on a new platform, the streets of the Town of Beginning gone, replaced by the smaller, yet still packed, form of Urbus' main thoroughfares. Shakily, Nymoria stepped down from the platform, knowing that she needed to make room for whomever else was going to arrive after her. She left behind the area, determined to be gone from the area before anyone could have followed her, uninterested in hearing any jokes or snide comments made towards her vocal skills, or lack thereof. 

The broker said that the woman was somewhere out in the fields...just beyond the first mountain range. I think...I think that's about a half hour walk from the town itself. It shouldn't be too difficult to get there. She brought up the message again, determined to turn her thoughts away from the teleporter incident, still feeling the burning on her face. Her eyes burned into the words, reading them over and over again for any hidden clues within it, but knowing there was nothing more than she'd already seen.

Her feet hurt. That was the one thing that seemed consistent in the game, no matter how often she walked somewhere. She knew, like most other players, that the game didn't actually cause any pain. It was designed only to provide input, but never to create anything that should harm the individual playing it, excluding the information that they'd been given at the opening announcement. That said, Nymoria had noticed - especially as of late - that her mind appeared to be filling in the pain where it should be felt, as if it was adjusting to reality. She wasn't sure whether to like that fact or not, especially as she pushed herself up the final hill that she had been climbing. 

If there was one benefit to the game, it was that nothing really hurt...but if it's changing based on our expectations...what does that mean for the future? Not that she had any answer to that question. She was far from the expert on any of this, and although she could make guesses, she knew she couldn't even truly call them educated

The hilltop flattened out before her, leading into a small dip that could be called an open plain before her. In the distance, close enough to make out the detail, she could see what appeared to be a small camp - a tent, firepit and wagon that had been set up against a small collection of trees. If I were a wandering gypsy woman...that's what my camp would look like. I think. Actually, what do gypsy people even look like? Her head tilted slightly as she considered the question, realising she'd never even see a picture before.

The sudden realisation caused Nymoria to laugh, the absolute ridiculousness of the idea bringing about a sense of limited joy in her otherwise mellow mood. It was entirely unreal to her, in many ways, to be considering how she'd never seen an image, when she was about to face what was likely a rendering - either poor in detail and design, or realistic and accurate - of what a wandering gypsy should look like. All it means is that I have no pre-existing conceptions, so whatever the woman looks like...I can accept it, without question. Isn't that the best way about it? I mean, if I don't know...I can't be disappointed, right? It made sense in her head, at least, and it was enough to cause her to laugh again at the silliness of the entire thing. 

Trapped in a game that could, at any moment, be my final moments...with all the inhibitions that I tried to run away from, and here I am worrying that the gypsy woman may not look like she should. Really, that's where my priorities lie? She'd laughed, for a few seconds, at the thought, until she recognised the truth behind it. The remembrance that she had joined Sword Art Online, had originally entered the world of Aincrad, in a desperate hope to escape the life she had left behind. She'd wanted nothing more than to be something unreal, something entirely different from who she was, that she had gone so far as to leave behind herself, in actuality. And how did that work out for you? Her hand rose to gingerly touch the hearing aid, a tinge of sadness mixing in with the tenderness she had for the piece. She wanted nothing more than to not need the device anymore, to be able to simply launch it into the field and be normal, but she knew that would never be the case.

"-as th-r- s---th-ng - c--ld help you with?" Nymoria's gaze rose from the ground as she heard the voice, noticing for the first time the woman standing in front of her. She had no idea when the NPC had managed to approach, a fact that made her unease. Was I truly so careless that I lost sight of my surroundings? That's dangerous. Or did she sneak up on me? That's also dangerous...maybe I should look into some sort of system that could alert me? The NPC stared at her, clearly waiting for a response, and Nymoria found herself signing in response almost automatically.

I'm looking for a wandering lady, one who is known to help adventurers find friends. Do you know her? The gypsy woman eyed her hand movements, before responding in kind - her voice taking on the slow, even approach that Terin often did when Nymoria spoke with the guard from Tolbana.

"Yes, that would be me. Are you looking for a companion yourself?" The words were steady, emotionless as they left the tongue that spoke them. Nymoria watched the woman's face, nodding as she was asked about her intentions. She considered explaining more, but the gypsy had begun speaking again before Nymoria could begin her movements. "I am able to offer you these treats, an item that I have used to tame many a beast in the past. You may find them useful in your own experiences, if you choose to find a companion for yourself. Take these, and return to me any that you do not use."

The woman reached into a bag at her hip, pulling out a smaller pouch and holding it out for Nymoria. She reached out and took the pouch, signing her thanks quick before bowing in response. When she looked up, the gypsy woman had already begun walking back to her wagon, leaving Nymoria standing in the field, watching the distance between them expand.

Posted (edited)

Left alone once more, Nymoria did the only thing that she could do - move forward. Slowly, with a pain that reached into the depths of her heart, she turned away from the small camp and made her way towards a small collection of trees that seemed like the perfect place to start her search. She hadn't decided what sort of animal she would be hunting for - she'd seen everything from large wolves, right down to mice, as other player's companions. As she moved towards the forest, her thoughts shifted from the depressive reaction of being left alone, to the possible animals she could find in the area. A forest would have a lot of different options...anything from small critters like squirrels and cute things, right up to something more majestic, like an owl...or maybe even a small wild cat!

As she considered the possibilities she felt her excitement begin to rise again, the moments early drifting further and further away into the distance. Her eyes began to range over the various outcroppings of rock and root, the edges of the forest already showing signs of animal life beyond what the open plains offered. Nymoria doubted that she would find something so quickly - the information she'd received suggested that this tended to be a longer process compared to many other quests - but she couldn't stop herself. I'm not going to find anything if I don't start looking, anyways. So it's better that I start as soon as possible, especially if this is going to take time. I mean, I wouldn't want to waste time here, right?

ID222012 | LD: 10 | Familiar Search | Result: Failure.

Edited by Nymoria

The immediate area, at least, had turned up empty. Not that Nymoria had truly expected to find anything along the outskirts of the forest itself, especially with such a cursory glance over the area. Still, she found herself slightly disappointed by the emptiness that met her gaze. It's likely that they're all hiding, not out in the open. At least, if they're anything like real animals. Maybe I should stop and think about what I'm looking for, before I go hunting in the woods. I mean, really, what sort of companion do I want?

She'd been excited by the prospect of finding just such a companion that she hadn't truly stopped to consider what would be the best fit for her. Instead she'd simply assumed that whatever was right would present itself in front of her, and while there was a part of her that knew that could be true, another side of her knew that if she left everything up to fate, she'd be no better off than any of her other situations. The very first thing I need to do then, is make a decision. Not rush off in high hopes, only to be disappointed later. I need to take charge.

Well, I guess the plains would be less populated by animals, so maybe the woodlands are better? But what lives in these woods? I mean, I imagine there's your normal forest creatures, like...squirrels, and maybe chipmunks... She blinked as she came to a sudden stop, the stark realisation that she barely knew what sort of creatures would be found within the woods paused any thoughts she had on finding anything. She could feel herself blink, the motion slow as if she'd been dazed. Do I...really not know what lives in the woods? But...I've been... She had wanted to say that she'd been to the woods before, but that wasn't entirely true. I've never really been on this floor, aside from that one group...but I mean it's a forest, and...it's not like there's a ton of different animals in forests...

She felt suddenly apprehensive about stepping forwards, as if no longer certain that the woods were a safe place for her to be. On the plains she knew that the boars and wolves roamed, but within the woods was a mystery. An unknown. Place where she could only rely upon that which she could see and feel, and she knew that within it's depths both of those senses would be hindered by the darkness and closeness of the environment. Pictures rushed through her head of movies she had once watched, the dense woods closing in around her as she tried desperately to escape. 

No! That's not what it's like! You've been in a forest before, remember? Vague memories returned, images of a family visit to Kyūkan kōen, a local park that they had attended during a summer vacation period. Slowly the feeling of oppression began to lessen, a tightness in her chest that had grown without her awareness beginning to recede. The entire experience left her shaken, and not for the first time she wondered why it was all happening to her, what she had ever done to deserve it.

The panic attack passed, leaving Nymoria feeling more defeated and exhausted. Sighing, realising that she was in no condition to traverse through the woodlands as she was feeling, she settled into the grass. As much as she hated wasting the time, time which could be used searching for something of companionship, she knew that it would be more dangerous than if she were to rest and regain her strength. She reminded herself that morning had only just begun in earnest, and she still had lots of time in the day to sort out the quest, once she was truly ready for it.

Am I always going to be like this? What's the point, if I freak out because I might walk into something...dangerous? I got scared at not remembering what animals live in the woods... She knew that wasn't entirely true, although that there was more to it than she wanted to admit to. No, I got scared because I realised I didn't know what to look for...I didn't know where I needed to watch, to find anything that might be a problem, or a danger...I don't have people to carry me around anymore, to watch for those things for me. I have to do it all alone, now...I...I can't rely on them. She pushed back against the tears as the images of her family slowly came into her mind's eye, another stark reminder of the burden that she placed on those closest to her. She wanted nothing more than to stop being a burden, to be able to do things for herself and control her own destiny, and it pained her to remember. They would've been better without me.

She slammed her hand into the left side of her head, causing herself to slam into the ground as she physically forced the thought away. It was the exact words she had used once before, right before the incident that had left her family torn. The fear had grown inside herself again, tearing into her heart as she worried that she was headed for the same thing, knowing that there would be no coming back, no stopping. Not in this world, not where there was no one to find her. 

You can't. You can't do that. They're waiting for you outside. They're waiting for you to come back to them, again. The voice was timid in her mind, barely heard over the berating that occurred alongside it. The two voices within herself arguing, trying to gain traction over the other. Waiting for you? You've been nothing but a burden since the day you were born! The only reason they kept you around was because of pity! Think of everything you cost them! The happiness that you tore away! Think of all the damage, the waste you've caused! The waste that you are! She shook her head again, trying to force the thoughts down, trying to escape the despair that was rising. You remember! You remember Akane, she was there! She was there! You won't do this again! You'll escape, and they'll be waiting! She wanted to scream, to hit the ground, the bushes, to beat back the feelings welling up inside herself. She wanted nothing more than to tear it all away, to be done with it. They brought me back! They didn't abandon me!

It all fell silent at once, the voices in her head, the rushing blood building inside her. It washed away in a sudden flood, leaving her feeling hollow. She reached down, running her hands along her legs as she stared at the ground. She knew that it had been getting worse lately, the feelings within her becoming unbalanced as she continued to fight against the despair - a battle that she was certain she was losing. In truth, she was somewhat amazed that she had lasted this long against it, that she hadn't given up yet. 

That's because you know, in your heart, that they're waiting for you...you know they are. And you can't give up on them. This time the voice was calm, logical. She chose to latch onto it, to pull herself into it. It may have been a false hope, but it was enough to keep Nymoria going - enough to give her the strength she needed, at least for a time. Her breath came out shakily as she focused on restoring the calm within herself, deciding that she needed to think about something, anything else. With great pause, she turned her eyes back to the woods, knowing that she didn't want to look at it, but that she needed to. I need to go in there. I need to find...something. If I don't do that, I can't move forward. I can't leave all this behind. But...I need to know what I'm looking for...

The feel of the stick in her hand was oddly comforting; similar in a way to the sabre always brought her a measure of peace and control. She'd picked it up with the intent of drawing the various wild animals she could think of, and although she'd made some progress, she was sure there were many others she was missing. She stared down at the various small drawings before her, trying not to laugh at the obvious lack of talent that she had with the artistic designs.

Okay, we have...squirrels, and chipmunks and mice and rats, spiders, snakes, bears and wolves, wild cats and panthers...various birds, owls, woodpeckers, moles...what else... She tilted her head to the side, trying to remember what other various creatures she'd learnt about in school and life. It was easy to list off the various animals that she'd seen, but most had been pets. Pets that she wasn't even sure existed in the game, much less in a random forest. Yeah, but if you have an idea of what to look for, you know where to look, and that's the entire point...so what else comes to mind? A soft squeak escaped her as she remembered something else, adding a crude rendition of a deer to the various drawings. She doubted that she would come across half of what she'd listed, but it made her feel better to have something to go off of, giving her the strength she needed to focus on pressing forwards.

Yes, but you need to actually head into the woods in order to move forwards. She looked at the trees as the thought passed, feeling the tightness again. From where she was, it looked like it was sparse enough that she could pass through without ever touching a tree, but she had no doubt that in time, and depth, it would close in slightly. How much it would, she didn't quite know. And that's what has you worried...you don't know. But...you'll only learn by going in. And you can always just...turn around and come back out.

It was, she knew, such a silly thing to be getting freaked out over. Yet she couldn't help it as she stared at the woods. The darkness seemed to press around her, convincing her that only danger and death lay within the coverage that the woodlands provided, and as much as her mind tried to tell her otherwise, she found herself worrying. This game is a death game, it makes sense that you would be worried about the unknown...but so are all the people fighting on the frontlines. So is ever other person trapped here. If they can...no, no don't think that. You can do it, because you have to do it. Because no one will do it for you. There's no one here to hold you hand, to tell you when you're missing things, or to help you when you need help. You need to do it yourself.

At some point she'd started chewing on a piece of jerky she had in her pocket, the nervous habit coming to light. It had developed during her time in Aincrad, but she'd found that it was extremely soothing when she was beginning to feel the depression set in - as if it took her mind off the situation entirely. I'm not going to let you give up. The voice in her head wasn't her own, but Akane's. Words that her sister had spoken to her years ago, flooding back in her mind as she felt herself beginning to pause again. It had been those words that had brought her back. That had shown her that there were people around her, close to her, that cared. She'd carried them in her heart every day since then, even when the dark depression had threatened to take over once more. I'm not going to let you give up.

The mantra soothed her enough that she was able to take a step towards the forest. Slowly, she took another, and then another. The movements brought her to the edge, and as she passed the invisible line into the woodlands themselves, she felt the tension that had build suddenly wash away. Her eyes roamed around, constantly looking for any signs of movement, trying to watch everything all at once. She paused near a tree, reaching out a hand to steady herself as the dizziness from her shifting gaze suddenly caused her to sway.

I can't watch everything and where I'm going all at once. I need to...trust a bit, that I'll be okay. Or at least...at least trust that I can handle myself if anything does happen. I know I can...I've done...I've done it since I started these quests. The words felt hollow, and yet Nymoria noticed that she stood a little bit straighter, the weight she was feeling inside herself lifting slightly in response. Just enough that she knew she'd be able to carry on without needing to feel like she was going to collapse at any instant, although it wasn't entirely gone. We don't grow through leaps and bounds, but through the small steps we take forwards. Isn't that what Hikigawa-sensei had taught us? We don't need to leap for perfect, but rather slowly make our way towards the smaller goals...and eventually everything else comes after. This quest...this quest is my first steps. So were the ones yesterday...so if I can do those...if I can do those I can do this.

Her hand had naturally drifted towards her sword, resting on the sabre as she moved further into the woods. Her steps were careful, feeling out for solid ground before truly placing her weight upon each foot. Her eyes roamed the area, slow and steady so as not to cause herself to lose sight, or create any spell of dizziness. She found a measure of content in a slower pace, letting her remain alert while still moving forwards. She was certain that it would've caused friction between herself and other players if she'd been doing this in a group. 

Okay I've been walking for about ten minutes now, and so far everything is fine. I'm fine. Nothing has attacked me...although I've also seen nothing, so maybe that's not so good either? Where are all the animals? Some would've called it summoning, or perhaps just the universe aligning as she thought it, but Nymoria knew it was just pure luck that the squirrel appeared before her right after she had thought about the creatures in the forest. She froze upon spotting the thing, trying to figure out what to do in order to try and summon it towards her, the creature staring down at her from a tree above her. Well, the woman gave me that bag...maybe the treats inside it are what summon it to me...? I could try offering it one, and see if it comes?

Posted (edited)

She reached for the pouch that she had placed into a pocket, moving in a slow and careful manner so as not to startle the thing. Even as her hand had begun to move, she saw the squirrel twitch, it's eyes turning to focus on her. Worried that she was going to scare it away, she had paused, stopping in place as she tried to figure out what to do next. There's no choice. I'm going to have to take a risk, and hope that it doesn't get too spooked. If it does...well, I can deal with that when the time comes. But if I just stand here frozen in place, I'm not going to get anywhere...so let's just...do this. In a sudden jerk of a movement she shoved her hand in to her shirt pocket, grasping at the bag of food in the hopes that she could entice it with the sound of the food bag.

A blur of movement was the only reason she noticed the departure of the small critter, it's form flitting into the woods and leaving her alone once more. Surprisingly, she found herself left with a measure of calmness, the frustration and depression she had been expecting nowhere to be found. If I found one, there's likely more in this forest...so I just need to keep looking, and eventually I'll come across something else. And...well, now that I've seen it, I don't think I want a squirrel companion anyways. It was kind of tiny, and I'd be worried about accidentally squishing it. She smiled at the thought, partially happy at how she'd managed to look at things positively, but also partly amused by the fact that she was concerned on squishing something that could clearly move a lot faster than she could react. Let's keep going, there's going to be something else. I just need to find it.

ID222059 | LD: 11 | Familiar Search | Result: Failure.

Edited by Nymoria
  • Banker locked this topic