[F02 | SP] Weasling The Truth Out | <<Feeding Your Enemy>>

The further she delved into the forest, the more she found herself criticizing her earlier reactions. Far from the confining, overwhelming and strangling environment that she had somehow imagined, she found a wondrously welcoming and somewhat cool path leading beneath the foliage. Above her the trees reached towards the sky in a way that felt both imposing, and protective, as if they were sheltering her from the dangers that awaited above their coverage. 

They remind me of onee-chan in a way...they stand overtop of me, watching me, reminding me that they're bigger and older and more powerful...but they're there to protect me. The thought had dispelled any remaining discomfort she may have been feeling, and allowed her to begin to enjoy the traverse through the forest in earnest. Her pace had been slow, and although she'd already been walking for quite some time, she could still see the edges of the forest where she had entered, the plains in the distance visible in a way that confirmed she wasn't trapped and could leave at any time.

That reminds me, I should probably get some teleportation crystals next time I'm in a town. I haven't stocked up on those lately, and they're definitely important to have... She knew it had been careless to head out without them, although she hadn't considered it prior to her actual departure. Well, for now I'm safe and okay...but once I get back, I'll make sure to grab some. Just need to be careful for the time being...

Posted (edited)

A sudden shift of shadow to her right caught her attention, and Nymoria turned to find a pair small, bipedal creatures watching her. Each of them was covered in short hair, and although they moved on two legs, if was clear that they used their longer arms to support and control their movement. A long, winding tail that seemed to curl in around itself swung casually behind each of the creatures. The large, beady eyes, which might have looked cute or appealing in the right light, instead looked almost frightening in the dark shadows that drifted over the forms.

Nymoria felt her hand go to her sabre, her entire body becoming tense as she stepped back slightly. She wanted to scream at the things, but thought that it might cause them to become suddenly violent or charge her. They look like monkeys, sort of...maybe this is some weird form of creature in this world? They don't seem aggressive, yet, but they're definitely not friendly either. I don't think I want to try and tame one of these...they're not exactly what I would want following me around.

One of the creatures opened it's mouth, and a few microseconds later Nymoria could hear the screeching that it had unleashed, a call that was clearly meant to cause a reaction to those that heard it. Blissfully, Nymoria had been saved from the brunt of the sound - even with the hearing aid's assistance, her impairment had turned the event into nothing more than a confusing sound, following an odd movement by the creature that almost made it look like it was laughing. Her lack of reaction, however, appeared enough to cause the creature frustration, and in turn it suddenly leap forward with it's partner, dashing towards Nymoria even as she drew her blade in a chaotic manner.

Combat

Nymoria | Lv. 5 | P. 0 | HP [99/100] | EN [23/28] | ACC [3] | DMG [8] | MIT [11] | BH [+1] | -5 EN -1 HP
Monkey 1 | HP: 12/36 | DMG: 12 | -24 HP
Monkey 2 | HP: 12/36 | DMG: 12 | -24 HP

ID222165 | BD: 3+3=6 | <<AoE-I vs. Monkey 1>> | Hit: [8x3] = 24 damage | MOB: 2 | Miss.
ID222166 | BD: 8+3=6 | <<AoE-I vs. Monkey 2>> | Hit: [8x3] = 24 damage | MOB: 6 | Hit: [12-11 ] = 1 damage

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

Their smaller forms allowed them a speed and agility that Nymoria found was difficult to keep up with. Even with all of her practice as of late, she found herself having to retreat further and further back from the pathway she'd been following, slowly pushed towards a collection of trees and brambles that had been off to her left. Every time she had tried to readjust the direction, one of the two creatures had appeared in order to dissuade her, their very presence putting her on the defensive as her sabre worked to block and redirect their claws.

They're going to push me into the brambles! I won't be able to do anything then. I can't let them do that! Her attempts at deflecting the blows was a temporary solution, one which would keep her safe so long as she still had the capacity and space to move around. It wasn't lost on her that the monkey creatures in front of her had clearly come to the safe realisation, and were forcing her into a position that would nullify that capability. Which means I need to fight back. Their initial attack had been interrupted by her opening slash, the sabre springing from it's sheath and slicing through their hides with relative ease - but it has cost Nymoria as one of the two had slashed her hand. I can't be afraid of a tiny bit of pain, though...that's going to happen. And it will be more if they succeed in their plan.

Combat

Nymoria | Lv. 5 | P. 0 | HP [100/100] | EN [19/28] | ACC [3] | DMG [8] | MIT [11] | BH [+1] | +1 EN +1 HP-5 EN
Monkey 1 | HP: 0/36 | DMG: 12 | -24 HP
Monkey 2 | HP: 0/36 | DMG: 12 | -24 HP

ID222167 | BD: 3+3=6 | <<AoE-I vs. Monkey 1>> | Hit: [8x3] = 24 damage
ID222168 | BD: 6+3=9 | <<AoE-I vs. Monkey 2>> | Hit: [8x3] = 24 damage

Spoiler

Looting
ID222169 | LD: 3 | CD: 7 | Result: 108 col, 4 materials
ID222169 | LD: 15 | CD: 1 | Result: 108 col, 4 materials, Rare Trinket (1)

Totals
216 col
8 materials
Rare Trinket {1} | ID222169

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

Her blade had lashed out again as the creatures came close, their twinned movements another clear attempted to push her further towards the brambles. She had made the movement without consideration towards the possible danger of it, letting her guard drop in a desperate attempt to keep them away from her, to give herself some space to move even as they tried to harry her towards an impending doom. She wasn't sure if she actually cried out during the movement, or if the noise was simply in her head - but for whatever reason, the monkeys had stopped moving as her blade came out and around, leaving large scars on their forms. 

The brief pause in movement was enough, and Nymoria had stepped forwards to press the attack, finishing the creatures off with a follow up strike that smote both of them into a cloud of shards. Whether she could have felt elation at the sudden defeat or not, Nymoria would never know. As the shards disappeared from view, and she felt the weight of the sabre in her hand, her eyes spied another pair of the creatures waiting off in the distance. As her eyes laid upon them, the two began charging towards her, making it clear that she wasn't going to be allowed to escape.

Oh, no. Oh, no. Oh no!

Combat

Nymoria | Lv. 5 | P. 0 | HP [99/100] | EN [17/28] | ACC [3] | DMG [8] | MIT [11] | BH [+1] | +1 EN +1 HP-3 EN -1 HP
Monkey 3 | HP: 12/36 | DMG: 12 | -24 HP
Monkey 4 | HP: 36/36 | DMG: 12

ID222171 | BD: 5+3=8 | <<AoE-I vs. Monkey 3>> | Hit: [8x3] = 24 damage | MOB: 6 | Hit: [12-11] = 1 damage
ID222172 | BD: 1+3=4 | <<AoE-I vs. Monkey 4>> | Critical Miss! | MOB: 1 | Critical Miss!

Hide contents

Looting

Totals
216 col
8 materials

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

Her sabre flashed through the air once more, attempting to cut through the two monkeys as they dashed towards her, barely missing the first one as it dived underneath her blade. She stumbled backwards, her blade managing to cut the second creature and send it tumbling to the side, before she felt the claws of the one she had missed digging into her side. The wound was little more than a simple cut, but Nymoria felt the panic rising within herself. The creatures may not have been overly dangerous - in fact, as she considered them, they were likely no real harm to her if she remained calm and controlled - but she was also no average player.

I have a disadvantage that others don't. If they get out of my sight...I need to keep them in eye, and watch them both. I need to maintain sight on them at all times. It was a harsh reminder of why she was such a problem when it came to group fighting. Aside from not being able to hear the battle discussions as they went on, not being able to react to the calls and cries of her allies in a proper way, she was also put at a major disadvantage should any of the creatures circle around her - an opening that was as wide as a river. Maybe I have no place on the battle field, after all.

Her thoughts were cut short as the creatures once again pounced on her, their bodies moving in a nimble way that seemed to react to one another. If Nymoria hadn't known better, she almost would've sworn that they were aware of her limitations, and were attempting to overwhelm her and swing past, to get where she couldn't watch them both. I won't let you do that!

Combat

Nymoria | Lv. 5 | P. 0 | HP [99/100] | EN [13/28] | ACC [3] | DMG [8] | MIT [11] | BH [+1] | +1 EN +1 HP-5 EN -1 HP
Monkey 3 | HP: 12/36 | DMG: 12 | -24 HP
Monkey 4 | HP: 12/36 | DMG: 12 | -24 HP

ID222173 | BD: 5+3=8 | <<AoE-I vs. Monkey 3>> | Hit: [8x3] = 24 damage
ID222174 | BD: 7+3=10 | <<AoE-I vs. Monkey 4>> | Hit: [8x3] = 24 damage | MOB: 7 | Hit: [12-11] = 1 damage

Hide contents

Looting
ID222175 | LD: 5 | CD: 7 | Result: 108 col, 4 materials

Totals
324 col
12 materials

Edited by Nymoria

The first of the creatures shattered into a shimmering collection of shards, leaving Nymoria alone with just the final opponent. She took a risk as it paused, ensuring that it was the only remaining creature in the vicinity, before locking her focus on it once more. Suddenly timid, it held back from rushing forwards to meet her, as if no longer outnumbering her gave the thing pause. She wondered if she could escape, given the fact that it seemed less likely to push towards her, but shrugged off the idea as she realised retreating may give it the courage that it needed to chase after her once more.

The only option, then, is to finish this thing off like I did the others. I can do it, I brought down three others! This one should...well, maybe not be easy, but I should be able to do it, too! Stepping forward, she brought her sabre up into a two-handed grip that was somewhat awkward, holding it in front of her in a stance that she assumed made her appear, somewhat, ready to face the monkey. Whether it did or not, the thing seemed to take a step backwards, as if considering running away itself. Nuhuh, it's too late for that.

Combat

Nymoria | Lv. 5 | P. 0 | HP [100/100] | EN [12/28] | ACC [3] | DMG [8] | MIT [11] | BH [+1] | +1 EN +1 HP-2 EN
Monkey 4 | HP: 12/36 | DMG: 12

ID222176 | BD: 2+3=5 | <<ST-I vs. Monkey 4>> | Miss [-2 EN]| MOB: 5 | Miss.

Hide contents

Looting

Totals
324 col
12 materials

Posted (edited)

Her feet carried her across the ground faster than the monkey could move, and she quickly closed the distance between it and herself, bringing her sabre up in a wide arc aimed at it's back and side. Knowing it couldn't outrun her, the thing suddenly leapt off to the side, clambering towards a tree in the likely hopes of escaping in the branches above. Nymoria dashed after it, closing in and pushing it once more off in another direction, denying it the immediate safety that it desired, even if she wasn't able to land any strikes against it. 

The dance continued for several minutes before each of them came to a stop, both breathing heavily as they tried to regain the air that they had lost in the exertion. Nymoria glared at the thing, determined now more than ever not to let it escape. The small creature glanced around furtively, as if looking for some sort of saviour or escape, but clearly not finding what it had hoped for. If I bring this one down...I just need to get close enough to actually hit it, and the stupid thing is nimble. I'm not going to be able to outpace it...so I need to outsmart it, somehow.

Combat

Nymoria | Lv. 5 | P. 0 | HP [100/100] | EN [9/28] | ACC [3] | DMG [8] | MIT [11] | BH [+1] | +1 EN +1 HP-4 EN
Monkey 4 | HP: 0/36 | DMG: 12

ID222177 | BD: 6+3=9 | <<ST-I vs. Monkey 4>> | Hit: [8x4] = 32 damage

Hide contents

Looting
ID222178 | LD: 10 | CD: 11 | Result: 144 [108+36] col, 4 materials, Rare Trinket (1)

Totals
468 col
16 materials
Rare Trinket {2} | ID222169, 222178

Edited by Nymoria

She feinted to her left, shoving off and pushing back towards the monkey in a desperate attempt to confuse and catch it in a sudden attack. Her sabre slashed through the air as the creature fumbled it's movement, and Nymoria was pleased to find herself dashing through the exploded shards that remained of the creature. Ha! There we go, that's finally dealt with...and, I think that's all of them... She glanced around, making certain that she was actually alone for the time being. 

Only once she had confirmed that nothing had been hiding behind the nearest trees, did she sheath the sabre. The entire fight had lasted less than a few moments, and yet she felt oddly exhausted from it all; as if she had been running for hours already. The feeling of exhaustion taking over her body, she let herself collapse to the ground, content to simply sit and catch her breath for a few moments. Fighting against the urge to lean back against the tree behind her, she forced herself to keep an eye on the surrounding area, knowing that more of the creatures could appear at any time.

Well, if there's one thing I know for sure now...I do not want one of those things around me all the time. They are so not friendly. Despite herself, Nymoria found that the laughter came easily, causing her sides to hurt as she lost control and entered a fit. Perhaps it was just the post-battle stress leaving her, or something else, but it felt good to release for once, to let all the emotions bottled up out, and she quickly felt the laughter dying off, changing into a collection of sobs that she gave in to as she wrapped her arms around herself.

Posted (edited)

She wasn't entirely sure how long she had sat and let the sobbing take over her. It had been long enough that when she had looked up, the forest around her had returned to normal - any signs of her previous conflict with the monkeys had been eradicated as the system naturally reset itself. Her sides hurt, both from the fight, and from her explosion of emotion following, enough that she found it uncomfortable to remain seated any longer. Not that she entirely desired to leave the area that she had settled into; there was a safeness to it that called her in closer, as if desiring her to remain forever.

I can't just sit here...I need to go out and search...for the familiar. If I just sit here, I won't make any progress...I won't see them again...I won't hold my promise. I need to...need to go... Although it pained her to do so, Nymoria forced herself to her feet once more. She cast her eyes around the forest in search of any further dangers, not really taking in any details as she did so. When she was certain that there was at least nothing about to immediately jump out and attack her, she left the tree behind, heading deeper into the forest. I need to find something, and quick...so that I can bring this whole thing to an end. It's about time I head back to the inn...I think that's enough excitement for today...

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

There was peace as she walked through the woods. Nothing had leapt out towards her following the encounter with the monkeys, and although she had seen the signs of other animals, most had scurried away long before she could even attempt to spot them. Her path had shifted at some point, and eventually she found herself heading back towards the edge of the woods. Perhaps I should turn? Head off the main trail? But then I risk getting lost if I go too deep...without any teleportation crystals that doesn't really seem worthwhile. It may be better to just...remain on this path, and perhaps search somewhere else once we get out? The plan was about as well crafted as Nymoria could hope for, and she decided there was no reason to change course at the current time. If nothing else, she knew that she could re-enter the forest later on if there really were a need to do so.

The sudden shift of brown in the distance had Nymoria's hand on the hilt of her sabre. She stopped moving, crouching slightly in order to get a better look at whatever had appeared in the distance, it's form settled atop a rock towards the outskirts of the woods itself. Even from the distance, she could tell that it had noticed her, the head turned slightly as if it was trying to get a better look at her, just as she was of it. It's not a monkey, thankfully...in fact, it looks more like a...weasel? Maybe a mink? No...no it definitely looks like a weasel. It's...actually kind of cute.

ID222189 | LD: 9 | Familiar Search | Success! Familiar Located!

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

She held herself still as she watched the weasel from a distance, wondering if it would run away from her like the other animals. She couldn't quite make out any of it's expressions from where she was at, but she thought that it's body language appeared tense, as if it were considering it's next move carefully. Patiently, as patiently as she could be at least, Nymoria held herself in the crouch she had entered. She knew that if she moved suddenly it would likely disappear, leaving behind any chance of coaxing it closer. She had just begun to feel the cramp in her legs, when the thing began to move closer, it's nose twitching as it came within throwing distance of Nymoria.

Okay, it hasn't immediately ran away...then I need to get those treats out. Just move slowly. Too fast, and you'll spook it away. Nice and slow... She raised her hand in an exaggerated slowness, watching the weasel even as it eyed her in turn. Once she'd reached into her pocket, the small critter had shifted on the spot, but as she pulled out the bag of treats, the weasel suddenly took a step forward towards Nymoria. Maybe it can smell the treats already? If that's the case...maybe I can get lucky and lure you in quickly...alright, let's try this. She opened the bag's top, holding it out towards the weasel in the hopes that it would draw the creature further towards her. She was careful not to shift too much, knowing that she needed to be careful with her movements, the small thing still on edge and clearly torn between approaching and running away. Come on, I won't hurt you. I promise. Come see what I have here, and then decide what you think.

ID222190 | CD: 4 | Tame Familiar | Failure [1/4].

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

The creature remained still as Nymoria held the bag out for it. She could feel her legs beginning to ache beneath her, and knew that she wouldn't be able to hold the crouch for much longer. Letting out a shaky breath, hoping that the movement wouldn't scare the creature away entirely, she let herself slowly shift until first one, then the other knee had touched the ground. Her eyes shifted around, making sure that she was alone with just the weasel still, before refocusing on the small critter still in front of her. It hadn't run away, thankfully, but Nymoria noticed it also hadn't come any closer.

Well, you don't really have any reason to come closer, do you? How about this, let's give you a taste. That should give you the incentive you need. She slowly stuck her hand into the bag, pulling out a bite sized treat that fit between her thumb and index finger, before carefully laying it on the ground before her. Alright, now I just give you some space to come and get it, and you'll see that I'm not going to hurt you. The treat is all yours, you just need to come and get it. And then we can go from there. She sat back on her heels, placing her hands on her knees and waiting for the weasel to make the next move, determined to remain as still as she could, for as long as she could. 

ID222191 | CD: 8 | Tame Familiar | Result: Failure [2/4]

Edited by Nymoria

The weasel had approached slightly and sniffed at the piece that Nymoria had left on the ground, it's nose twitching as it considered the treat she had offered as a means of peace between the two of them. However, a sudden cramping in her leg had caused her to shift, and the weasel had darted back to safety, stopping a metre away and staring at her with an untrusting look upon it's face. Sighing slightly and wincing at the situation, she moved her hands in a form of apology, touching her forehead before bringing the movement down in a slow version of the normal chopping motion. I'm sorry.

She rolled herself backwards slightly, sitting on the ground and crossing her legs into a position that would allow her to remain motionless a bit better. The weasel seemed to wait, eyeing her up to see what she would do next, considering it's options. She could see it's eyes darting back to the treat every so often, an obvious sign in it's expression of the desire to dash forward and grab the piece. But she could also tell that her presence was providing it a bit of hesitation, an uncertainty about what she would do once it got close to her reach. I think I'm just going to have to wait this one out, and see if it finally gives in and approaches. If I can just...lure it in a bit, then I can convince it that I'm not going to harm it...and maybe then we can begin to learn a bit more about one another. If she was being entirely honest, she wasn't sure that the weasel was entirely safe to her either, the teeth that she had spotted looked more than capable of tearing open her skin if it ever got the chance to dig into her.

ID222192 | CD: 10 | Tame Familiar | Result: Success!

The weasel dashed forwards as Nymoria was contemplating what else she could do in order to convince the weasel to approach her. She froze, her entire body going stiff as the thing shuffled up before her, grabbing the treat and pausing as it looked up at her. The two remained still for a while, before Nymoria eventually reached out a hesitant hand, seeing what the creature would do. Almost immediately it dashed back to where it had been sitting, carrying the treat along with it. 

Nymoria made no move to chase after it or follow it, instead content to let it nibble on the food. She figured that it would take a while before the small critter trusted her fully, and she knew that she would need to provide it more reason than a single treat in order to reach a point where she could consider it being tamed. But this is progress. It approached, and realised that I wasn't going to hurt it. From here we should be able to work towards some actual trust...and maybe then I can fully tame it and make it my friend. She smiled at the idea, suddenly excited about the idea of having a friend. It took all of her concentration and willpower not to let herself shift as the excitement built up within her, the feeling causing her to twitch every so often.  She had no doubt that there was still too little trust on the weasel's part, and that any sudden movements would chase it away, rather than bring it any closer.

As soon as the weasel had finished chewing on the treat that it had originally taken, Nymoria reached into the pouch and procured another of the treats, placing it on the ground where the first had been placed. The weasel hesitated a few seconds before leaping forwards and repeating it's action, grabbing the treat and jumping back to the spot it had settled onto before. It seems to enjoy these, I wonder what's in them? Probably something sugar-like for creatures, if I had to guess. It's no wonder it wants more of them. She laughed aloud at the image of the weasel jumping into a pile of sugar, causing the creature to stop chewing and stare at her in surprise and confusion. She quickly repeated the apology sign, tapping her head before cutting the air before her with the open hand. Sorry, sorry!

Apparently appeased by the movement, it returned to eating the treat, it's gaze focused on Nymoria's form as it seemed to consider her. She watched it, wondering what it was thinking. I wonder if it's trying to figure me out, just like I'm trying to figure it out. Wouldn't that be funny, if the two of us were just sitting here thinking that it was the other one who didn't trust us... As amusing as the thought was, Nymoria knew that the weasel was the one with the trust issues. Although she had her reservations, she knew that it couldn't harm her in actuality; she had, in truth, little to fear from it. Well, little friend, you have nothing to fear from me either. I'm not going to hurt you. In fact, if you're up for it...maybe we can get you a home where you can get treats similar to this more often?

She'd tossed out another treat at some point, coaxing the small vermin in closer and closer, until it had eventually found it's way onto her leg, then up to her shoulder. It had perched there, nibbling on the most recent piece of food that she had provided for it, contently chittering in between bites. Nymoria had remained still once it had moved it's way up her leg, fearful of causing it to spook and run away, but as the time passed and she felt her tenseness fading away, she began to realise that it may not be going anywhere after all.

It seems to be getting comfortable, now. Or at least less skittish. I wonder if it'll let me touch it... She slowly raised her left hand, reaching for the creature that was on her opposite shoulder. The weasel stopped moving as it noticed her hand coming, the piece of food in it's front paws apparently forgotten as it studied her movement. Her hand had just passed her chest when the weasel began chittering quickly, and although Nymoria could only hear the sound as though it was far away, the shifting of it's form, and the vibrations she felt through her shoulder made her think that the small critter had become agitated. She stopped her movement suddenly, waiting to see what it would do, holding her hand in the air where it had come to a stop. What are you going to do here...?

It didn't take long before the weasel had begun to move. At first, Nymoria had thought that it was going to make an escape, to rush down to the ground and take off. Instead, however, it had shifted down her front, placing the treat in it's mouth and using it's paws to cling to her clothing as it pushed against her hovering hand. Gently, with an ease and hesitation that bespoke her uncertainty, she let her hand run over it's form, feeling the softness of it's coat as the tips of her fingers brushed along it's spine. The creature wasn't long, barely the length of her forearm from tip of it's nose to tail, and thin in comparison. Still, she had no doubts that it's agility and speed more than made up for it's lack of weight and size.

How would you like to come home, with me? She had pulled her hand back, the signs coming naturally as she tried to communicate with the creature. She doubted that it understood sign language, even if it was crafted by the Cardinal system as everything else was. She repeated the sign for home a few times, her hands moving slowly as if trying to make it more easy to understand for the weasel. "Wuud yoo li-kuh taah cam ho-muh wit muh-ee?"

The weasel tilted it's head, staring at her as she spoke with a look that felt almost familiar. Nymoria had taken a risk speaking aloud, an ability she had no talent for and which had often brought her scorn and contempt whenever she'd tried it in the real world. It had been her sister, of all people, who had first told her not to speak out loud, in order to save herself from embarrassment. She turned away from the weasel, the sudden embarrassment rushing over her as she realised how stupid she must have sounded.

The soft nuzzling at her throat made her spin around suddenly, the movement jerky with shock as Nymoria flailed slightly. She felt the claws dig into her clothing a bit more, and it took her a moment to realise that it had been the weasel attached to her front that had touched her. Feeling guilty, she reached down and gave the creature a light touch upon it's head, attempting to apologise through her own contact with the critter. It gave a small push back against her hand, one which felt almost welcoming and somehow accepting to Nymoria. 

Are you trying to tell me it's okay...? If you are, then thank you. If not...well, we'll need to figure out a way to communicate. Maybe that's something we can practice, with time. It occurred to her, belatedly, that she had simply assumed that the weasel was going to remain with her. There'd been no doubt in her thoughts regarding the outcome, now. She found herself smiling at that, knowing that it was more than a simple false belief. There was a connection between the two of them now, one that she hadn't noticed until now, but was very obviously there. A feeling that bonded them in a way that she couldn't quite explain, and yet couldn't ignore now that she had noticed it. Maybe this is the system's way of letting me know that I've tamed it, and it now belongs to me? Although belongs to me sounds bad...maybe it's better to say we belong to each other?

She rose to her feet, slow and steady and careful not to disturb the weasel that had settled itself onto her shoulder. She could feel the tiny claws digging into the clothing, holding itself in place with a balance that Nymoria found somewhat amazing. She'd stored the remainder of the treats, remembering that the wandering woman had requested she return them to her once she had found and tamed a companion of her choice. She gave a quick sign with her hands, explaining to the small critter that they needed to head back into the plains quickly, and find the woman. I promised to return these. Sorry you can't eat them all.

Nymoria continued along the path she had been following when she encountered the weasel, making her way through the final edges of the forest quickly and back out into the sunshine beyond. As the shade of the trees was left behind, and she was able to see the small critter in detail, she noticed that the brown and white fur carried a soft sheen to it, a clear indication of the well groomed condition that it kept itself in. She couldn't help but wonder if she would need to do any special cleaning routines to keep up the appearance, before her mind suddenly shifted. Wait I don't even know what a weasel likes to eat, much less how to take care of it! I'm going to have to do so much research and figure out a bunch of stuff, and...oh, boy... She laughed again as she continued back towards the small camp in the distance, deciding that for the moment all she needed to do was return the treats that she had borrowed from the wandering woman originally.

The woman was waiting by the fire, a distant look on her face as Nymoria had approached. She'd turned as soon as she noticed the player, the system likely informing her of the player's proximity and activating whatever associated response it would require for the coming completion of the quest. She'd glanced briefly at the small creature on Nymoria's shoulder, giving a slight nod in appreciation of it. Nymoria pulled out and handed back the small bag of treats, moving her hands in explanation as the wandering woman took it back. Thank you for the food. It helped to find and bring us together. I appreciate everything that you have done. I apologise that I used so many of them.

"It's nothing to worry about. When I provide the food to adventurers, I entirely expect them to use as much as they need. Although it helps to have some returned, it's not difficult for me to find more if I need to, and I don't mind doing so if it brings two companions together. As it did for you two." The woman gave a small laugh, pocketing the food before responding to what Nymoria had stated. Nymoria felt the small, shy smile appear on her face in response to the commentary, fighting the urge to turn away in embarrassment at the woman's words. She was glad she didn't as the woman continued talking almost immediately. "There's still a lot for you two to bond over, but I think that these have done everything they can. Now you need to bring yourselves closer. That will take time, patience, and effort. Do you think you can do it?"

Nymoria had raised her hands to respond, but she was stopped at the vibrations she felt through her shoulder. She glanced towards the weasel on her shoulder, surprised that it had answered the woman's question, and finding herself wondering exactly how she had managed to coax the sounds out of it. Her attention was pulled back as the woman spoke once more, leaving Nymoria even more confused. "I see. One who cannot hear, and therefore does not speak. Another which cannot speak, and so chooses not to hear. This will be an interesting companionship, for certain."

She wanted to ask what the woman meant, but it became clear that the conversation had ended as she turned away from Nymoria and entered the wagon. Left alone on the plains with the small creature, she glanced into the distance, wondering where to even begin. Well, we need a name for you, for starters. Her hands moved naturally, even as she stared into the distance. A quick vibration passed through her shoulder, and as she considered possible names, she realised that something about the vibrations had felt odd, although she hadn't noticed it until now. Her eyes shifted to the small critter suddenly, and she stared at the form as her hands moved again, posing a question to the thing. It opened it's mouth, and as Nymoria stared at it a sudden realisation came to her. Then we shall call you Musei.

Thread Summary
Word Count: 11,065
1,406 EXP | 1,106 [11,065/10x1x1] + 300 [Quest]
868 col | 468 [Loot | 222169, 222178] + 400 [Thread Progession]
16 materials
Rare Trinket {2} | ID222169, 222178
Unlock <<Training Your Familiar>> Quest

• Banker locked this topic