[F01 | SP] The Jewel of My Heart | <<Earning A Living: Artisan>>

Profession...profession...why's it so hard to choose? It's not like the rest of my life is going to be designed around whatever profession I choose...so why is it so difficult to just...choose one? She'd scrolled over the various details of each profession numerous times, and although she'd read them each through with enough detail to almost have them memorised, she still felt like she was no closer to knowing what she wanted to do. The fact that she'd chosen to finally pick up a profession was one that still seemed like a questionable decision - she'd barely come to terms with her combative capabilities, and she knew that a lot of players needed those basics before they could really move forward in their profession. I mean, there's so much to do...why this? Why now? I could spend some time training Musei...but no, instead I made the choice to go ahead and hunt down an actual profession. As if escaping work in the real world wasn't enough...

She knew, however, that it was the basis towards eventually getting out of the inn. In order to purchase a home, she needed money. In order to get money - col, as it was called in the world of Aincrad - she needed a way to make it. While she could get a decent amount from hunting, and there were definitely some players who obtained the majority of their wealth from such avenues, it was also a dangerous method. One where consistent growth towards harder and harder areas was required in order to get anywhere. In contrast...if I get a profession, I can take it somewhat easy by having col come in through orders. I'll need to get materials, and balance that out as well...but it's not anywhere near as tedious as hunting down col. And I can get the materials from special areas, eventually...so it's even easier...which means I need to choose one of these.

She rolled over onto her back, letting her head fall off the bed. Across the room, Musei stared at her from the small bed she'd purchased for him. He'd calmed watched as she browsed through the menu for the last few hours, content to remain where they were. It had been a few days since they'd come home together, and Nymoria had found herself bonding quickly with the miniature weasel - the creature in turn becoming extremely protective of her. Without rolling over, she brought her hands up in front of her, signing the question towards the weasel with an expressionless stare. I don't know which to choose, Musei. Help me out?

Statblock

Shoko (2).png
Spoiler

Notes

Nymoria | Lv. 8 | P. 0 | HP [160/160] | EN [34/34] | ACC [3] | DMG [9] | MIT [34] | BH [+1] 
Tier 1 | Tier 1

Equipment

• Nymoria's Sabre
    [Sabre | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Damage [2 Slots]
  • Beginner's Chestplate
    [Light Armour | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Mitigation [1 Slots] 
  • Hearing Aid
    [Trinket | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Accuracy [3 Slots]

Battle-Ready Inventory

• Starter Healing Potions {5} | Tier 1 | Potion | Heals 50 HP
  • Uncommon Health Potion {5} | Tier 1 | Potion | Heals 5% Maximum HP
  • Health Potion {1} | Tier 1 | Potion | HP Recovery III
  • Spyglass {2} | Reduce Search Posts x5 [Dungeon, Familiar, Field Boss] for one thread

Skills

Spoiler

Utility Skills
N/A

Combat Skills
Battle Healing [Rank: 1. 
Active: Passive. Effect: While in combat, recover 1% per rank of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.]

Weapon Skills
Sabers [Rank: 4. 
Active: Passive. Effect: +6 DMG]

Armour Skills
Light Armour [Rank: 3. Active: Passive. Effect: Gain Mitigation based on your rank in Light Armor. You can only benefit from one armor skill at a time (the respective armor type must be equipped). Your mitigation is capped at 2 enhancement slots.]

Active Extra Skills
N/A

Inactive Extra Skills 
N/A

Combat Mastery
N/A

Familiar Skills
N/A

Estate Buffs
N/A

Sword Arts

Spoiler

[x10] ST-I (10 EN) | A single-target sword art.
[x13]
ST-II (13 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x17]
ST-B (17 EN) | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn is not ST-B and had rolled a natural CD9+. When performing an AoE attack, this CD check applies to only the first roll.
[x9] AOE-I (9 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
[x12]
AOE-II (12 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if AOE-II had been used and had missed all intended targets the previous turn.
[x10] TECH-A (11 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Estate Buffs

Spoiler

N/A

Edited by Nymoria

Not that she had, in any way, expected Musei to have any actual opinion on the question, but the silence stretching onwards as the two stared at each other simply made Nymoria sigh in exasperation. It was a decision that she was going to have to make on her own, as much as she may have wanted to avoid it. Well, it is your fault for deciding you needed to do this in the first place, so...just deal with it. She gave a quick swipe back in the menu, glancing over the options once more.

Blacksmith is a no, immediately. Same with performer. That's...no. Appraiser...? No, that'd be too much like real life. Maybe a cook? But there's a lot of cooks out there already... She stopped over one of the options, the only one that had been semi-appealing to her from the very beginning. I visited that artisan once, and they seemed to have a really interesting shop...maybe it wouldn't be so bad to be able to make my own pieces too! And I can make unique items designed towards others like...

Her eyes shifted over to Musei, and she gave the weasel a smile, her hands moving as she decided to inform him she'd made her decision. I'm going to become an artisan, Musei. How does that sound? It does mean we'll have to go do some training. You'll get to sit and watch while I do all the work. That should be okay, right? 

An hour later, after she'd finished pushing herself out of bed and getting something to eat, she'd made her way from the inn and into the busy alleyways of the Town of Beginnings. The late morning air had carried with it a sense of urgency as player and NPC alike hurried along their designated paths, heading for whatever menial task they had assigned to them for the day. Nymoria was careful to remain out of the way of the various passerby, focusing on her steps as she made her way towards the shop that would begin her training as an artisan.

She'd reviewed what little details the quest had given, and although she had considered reaching out to one of the few information brokers she knew, she'd decided against it on the belief that it would be better to be somewhat surprised by the events. It's not like it's a dangerous quest. All I need do is head over, get mentored by a master artisan, and then do some basic steps...it'll be like that first lessons quest all over again, but maybe a bit more in-depth or complicated. The shop had, thankfully, been located on the first floor - a likely case seeing as the quest was tended to be aimed more towards lower level players just starting out. Nymoria had been even more to surprised to learn that it was only a few blocks away, meaning that she could easily make her way over without rushing.

Which was why she'd not left until well into the morning, a decision that she was now somewhat regretting. If I'd gotten out earlier, the streets would've been less busy...although I don't know what time the shop opens, so maybe I would've been standing out on the street until the keeper came along. That would've been awkward...but there's so many people here, now. Maybe if I'd left just a tiny bit earlier, it would've been better...?

The shop was, in it's own way, very beautiful. So much so that Nymoria had found herself paused outside of it, staring in through the window at the various trinkets and jewelled pieces on display. Most of them carried a price tag that confirmed she couldn't afford a single thing from within, but it gave her pleasure just to look and imagine. Certain that she was going to bring attention to herself, she'd eventually made her way inside the small shop, greeted by a man that had the entire look and feel of someone born and bred for sales about them. She'd, barely, resisted the urge to shiver as he'd approached her, his empty smile broadening in welcome.

"Good day, and welcome. Is there something in particular that I can help you pick out? Something that attracts the eyes towards certain areas, perhaps?" She'd been focused on his face, and hadn't missed as his eyes shot downwards in an obvious attempt to make a point. Flushing in anger, she'd shaken her head, giving a wave of her hand that was clearly as dismissive as it was filled with fury at such a rude comment. The man seemed confused for a moment, as if her outburst caught him by surprise, and Nymoria took the time to sign her request out to the man.

I'm here to learn the art of creation that makes one an artisan. The man gave a sigh in response, his expression dropping and a look of annoyance coming over the once welcoming - if it could be called that - appearance. Gone was the salesman, and in it's place was a man who was clearly no longer interested in the possible customer.

"Normally this sort of thing is beneath me, but it would appear I have time on my hands...for the moment, at least. Find the materials you need in order to craft something, and return to me with them...and then I might show you a thing or two to get you started on the path." Nymoria gave a curt nod, turning and leaving the shop before the man could say more. She knew, through her first small encounter with him, that she wasn't going to like the man - and the less time she had to spend with him, the better.

Posted (edited)

With the shop left behind, Nymoria had made her way towards the gates of the Town of Beginnings, knowing that she would need to head out of the settlement in order to find anything she could use for crafting materials. The walk was quick - her inn and Malachi's shop relatively close to the gates themselves - and she found herself waving to the guard on duty only shortly after having left the store. The day was, as usual for this floor, clear of any overcast, with the sun warming her skin in a comfortable way. A slight breeze carried over the plains that spread beyond the Town of Beginning, and as Nymoria stepped into the wildlands beyond the town's protective area, she gave a soft sigh of relief. 

Although danger existed out on the plains and the wildlands beyond, she'd come to enjoy the less oppressive area - there was no need to be afraid of who she would run into, but rather what she might run into; a distinction that she had become preferential to with time. She could see, from where she stood, a variety of groups moving about in the distance; from players roaming the plains for specific enemies, to the various minor creatures that could be swarmed for basic looting purposes - the targets that Nymoria herself were looking for today. She knew that she could find the materials from simply gathering them among the fields, but combat had always proven to be faster and more beneficial to those who required material and col in their time in Aincrad.

Just have to keep it simple...not over do it here. She spied a group of boars nearby, the simple creatures milling about in a small group that had slowly moved closer and closer to her since she'd left the Town behind. Confirming that Musei was tucked into her pocket, she drew her sabre and dashed forwards, bringing it behind her in preparation for a wide swing at the creatures.

Combat

Nymoria | Lv. 8 | P. 0 | HP [158/160] | EN [23/34] | ACC [3] | DMG [9] | MIT [34] | BH [+1]  | -11 EN -2 HP
Boar 1 | HP: 96/96 | DMG: 32 | ACC: 1
Boar 2 | HP: 15/96 | DMG: 32 | ACC: 1
Boar 3 | HP: 96/96 | DMG: 32 | ACC: 1

ID222431 | BD: 1+3=4 | <<AoE-I vs. Boar 1>> | Critical Miss. | MOB: 8+1=9 | Hit [32-34] = 1 damage
ID222432 | BD: 5+3=8 | <<AoE-I vs. Boar 1>> | Hit: [9x9] = 81 damage | MOB: 1+1=2 | Critical Miss
ID222433 | BD: 1+3=4 | <<AoE-I vs. Boar 1>> | Critical Miss. | MOB: 5+1=6 | Hit [32-34] = 1 damage

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

The creatures had seen, or perhaps heard, Nymoria's approach. Even as she slashed out in a wide arc, trying to catch all three of the creatures in a single blow, she found her blade striking air where two of them had stood - only the middle creature took a strike hard enough to launch it backwards. Cursing silently to herself, she'd stepped backwards in the hopes of avoiding the attacks that she knew was coming - her armour deflecting the tusks of the two beasts that she'd missed, but their bodies causing her to stumble backwards into a tree. 

Ow! Ow! I'm okay...still, ow. Let's not do that again...it's time to try out some of these bigger hits. I think it'll work out this time. She'd unlocked the new attack when she'd levelled up her sabre skill, and although she had been interested in trying it, she'd been worried about the dangers of rushing into the field without planning. Exactly, and now here you are, and you missed two of them, which means you're really at a disadvantage, and they have you outnumbered...and...

The creatures moved to surround her, and Nymoria found herself backing up towards the tree, planting her back against it as the boars pushing in closer towards her. She could see in their bodies the tenseness that came as they prepared to charge. Tightening her grip on the sabre, she stepped out and towards them, bringing the blade around in a wide slash again in an attempt to cut the trio as one.

Combat

Nymoria | Lv. 8 | P. 0 | HP [159/160] | EN [6/34] | ACC [3] | DMG [9] | MIT [34] | BH [+1]  | +1 EN +1 HP-18 EN -2 HP
Boar 1 | HP: 0/96 | DMG: 32 | ACC: 1
Boar 2 | HP: 0/96 | DMG: 32 | ACC: 1
Boar 3 | HP
: 0/96 | DMG: 32 | ACC: 1

ID222462 | BD: 4+3=7 | <<AoE-II vs. Boar 1>> | Hit: [9x12] = 108 damage | Boar 1 destroyed.
ID222463 | BD: 7+3=10 | <<AoE-II vs. Boar 2>> | Hit: [9x12] = 108 damage | Boar 2 destroyed.
ID222464 | BD: 9+3=12 | <<AoE-II vs. Boar 3>> | Hit: [(9+1)x12] = 120 damage | Boar 2 destroyed.

Spoiler

Looting
ID222465 | LD: 1 | CD: 1 | Result: 288 col, 4 materials
ID222466 | LD: 8 | CD: 12 | Result: 768 (288+384+96) col, Rare Trinket (1)
ID222467 | LD: 17 | CD: 4 | Result: 576 (196+384) col, 2 materials, Rare Consumable (1), Rare Weapon (1)

Loot Totals
1,632 col
6 materials
Rare Trinket {1} | ID222466
Rare Consumable {1} | ID222467
Rare Weapon {1} | ID222467

Edited by Nymoria

Nymoria glanced at the sabre in her hand as the shards of what had once been the boars spread into the sky around her. The attack had been a lot more powerful, the blade tearing through the simple creatures with ease and leaving her somewhat tired, but relieved at her success. She'd quickly glanced over the loot menu, confirming that she had gathered everything she'd come out for, before turning back towards the Town of Beginnings. Although she was reluctant to do so, she knew she had to return to the shop in order to complete the quest itself, where she would get some directions from Malachi in order to begin her crafting career.

If it's anywhere near as easy as this was, well...I'll be done it in no time. The thought brought a smile to her face, although she doubted that she would find it anywhere near as easy as combat had become. Though, when she stopped and thought about it, crafting was meant to be the general way in which many made their livelihoods. But, that's after a fair amount of practice, and time put into it. No one begins their career as a super capable individual...and it's no different than combat in that way. This is still a game, which means time levelling and gaining skills...I'm sure crafting will be no different. The realisation took away all her happiness, and she felt a small shiver up her spine as she realised that she may be spending more time with Malachi than she had originally planned, or wanted. 

Posted (edited)

"Oh, you actually came back. I'm surprised by that, I won't lie." The way that he said it, even to Nymoria's poor hearing, was clear that he hadn't actually expected her to return. It made her wonder if he was simply sadistic, or if there were actually a number of possible artisan out there who simply...decided to avoid the career due to Malachi. Either way, it only lowered her opinion of the man who was about to become her mentor. Not that her opinion had been high to begin with. "So be it. I'll teach you the foundation of artisanal work, but you'll have to master and expand upon it from there..."

Giving a swish of his cloak, an item that was made of material that Nymoria figured she could only dream of owning at this point in her life, Malachi made his way around the counter and beckoned for the girl to follow. She was only a few steps behind, but when she'd come around she noticed that he'd already laid out a number of tools - items that reminded her of chisels, hammers and an assortment of other jewelry crafting tools. She glanced at Malachi, wondering what his plan was with the lesson at hand.

"You have the materials, lay them out on the counter here." She did as directed by the man, laying out a collection of gems and metals that she'd found in her inventory following the death of the boars - materials that she had managed to obtain in preparation for the lesson she was about to receive. "An acceptable assortment. Right, first we'll want to refine them slightly, to make them presentable. No one will want to buy something that looks like you just tore it from the ground. Unless your purpose is to provide raw materials for actual artisans. So, what we're going to start with is the hammer and chisel, to refine the shape. Then we can move on to polishing and final touches..."

ID222478 | CD: 2 | Crafting Roll | Result: Fail (Lose Materials)

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

She took hammer and chisel in hand, and under the directions of Malachi - directions that were paired with an amount of sarcastic commentary and backhanded compliments - she began to reform the pieces. The first gem she chose - a golden grey looking rock that had little shine and sheen to it - had broken in half the moment she had placed hammer to chisel, and Nymoria had tossed the thing aside in obvious disgust. The action had, at least, obtained a satisfied grin from her mentor, and although she still disliked the man, she was pleased to at least see he appreciated her action.

"Perhaps you should try a slightly less aggressive technique. That may allow you to not waste all of your pieces before we even truly get started?" She resisted the urge to stick her tongue out at the NPC, knowing it would do neither of them any good. Turning her attention back to the stone - as much to focus on her task as to tune out any further commentary he may have - she raised the tools once more. She was careful to align the chisel properly, taking her time and moving slow enough that she heard mumbled, barely decipherable comments from Malachi about her speed. Not that she cared - she determined that she would work at her own pace, content to do things right even if it meant she would need to be there for hours to come.

With her eyes locked on the gem beneath her, she began to chisel away at the piece, letting the hammer tap lightly as she shifted the position and grip of the chisel in turn. Small flecks pulled away from the gem, and Nymoria took time to carefully guide the tools in a way that would keep them from immediately destroying the piece.

ID222479 | CD: 4 | Crafting Roll | Result: Fail (Lose Materials)

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

A shift of the counter had caused her chisel to slide ever so slightly, and Nymoria found the piece she had so nicely cut away until that point ruined as the movement caused a large gash in the item. She frowned, not looking up from it as she put it aside and chose another of the gems. This one contained an almost purplish hue to it's inner core, giving it an amethyst like appearance to Nymoria's eye. She could see, out of the corner of her eyes, as Malachi strode to the front to greet and help a customer that had just arrived. Nymoria chose to pay no attention to it - it wasn't her store, and she truly had no interest in the going abouts of the shop keep himself; she was here to learn the trade, and to move onwards from that point.

Slow, steady movements. It was going well until the sudden shift. If I feel that coming on...well, then I can just readjust myself. Care is fare. She had no idea where the rhyme came from, but as she said the words in her head, she found herself smiling down at the gem. Ready to try again, she placed her tools into position and began to work on the piece, considering what she was going to make out of it. She felt partial towards the idea of crafting a further hearing aid - a twin that could replace the one that she wore currently, should the situation ever call for it. That's not a bad idea, now that I think about it...although, I've great doubt that there's a market for the pieces themselves. But if I'm making it for me, who cares what others want and need? I can market general trinkets and pieces towards the greater crowds, should that come of it.

ID222480 | CD: 2 | Crafting Roll | Result: Fail (Lose Materials)

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

She was far from satisfied with how the piece had come out - the markings on it were irregular, scarring and ugly to the eye. Sighing softly, she placed it with the previous materials, grabbing another that had looked similar to it. A quick glance up had confirmed that Malachi was still busy with the customer that had arrived, showing them a number of pieces that Nymoria had glanced at earlier before realising they were well outside of her price range. She watched the man for a moment, eyeing up his stance and expressions, marking them in a corner of her mind for when she herself would have to eventually run a shop of her own, should she ever make it to that point.

I guess that means I'd have to deal with customers too. Well, that's assuming anyone actual comes and shops...I mean look at how empty Malachi's shop is...maybe artisans' aren't that popular? Perhaps I should've gone with something more...useful? But the trinkets and other items that they can make do carry a number of useful traits and boosts...so maybe it's simply that there's not many players on this floor? The thought caused her pause, realising that she had never really explored shops on the higher floors. Huh. I wonder if I've been missing out on anything...

ID222481 | CD: 2 | Crafting Roll | Result: Fail (Lose Materials)

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

She hadn't noticed her chisel tapping off the gem beneath her as she had been lost in thought. The outer areas had become scarred and dented by the consistent movement against it's surface, and Nymoria sighed as she grabbed a nearby piece of sandpaper to scratch away the indentations. She wasn't quite ready to toss the piece away yet, deciding that she would integrate it into her final product, even if she weren't going to use the entire form of it. It would be a waste...I wonder if I can use the other materials as well? Maybe I can combine them together in order to make an interesting pattern...

At some point Malachi had returned, his expression and attitude somewhat more pleased now that he had made a sale. He glanced over her work, noting the trouble she had been having with the pieces, and the damage she had done to them. "For what it's worth, I wouldn't take this too much to heart. When I first started, it took some time to perfect the craft. There will always be mistakes - what you make out of those mistakes is all that matters. Well, that and whether or not you learn from them."

It was, thus far, the nicest thing she'd heard Malachi say to her, and she found herself momentarily flabbergasted by the words. Slowly, with a determined effort, she pulled her attention away from the mentor and back to the stone in her hand, focusing on cleaning it up as best as she could before she moved on to refine it further.

ID222482 | CD: 10 | Crafting Roll | Result: Uncommon Item (1 Slot)

Edited by Nymoria

She held up the first gem to the light, looking over it as she checked for imperfections. The piece was far from perfect, but it was passable for what she wanted it for, at least. She turned her attention back to the other materials that she had put aside; the broken and damaged portions quickly chiselled away until only those that had an acceptable quality to them were left behind. She could feel the watchful gaze of Malachi behind her as she worked, the man hovering over her and studying her performance as she went.

Nymoria chose to ignore him, allowing herself to be consumed by the work instead. She had no doubts that he would only break her concentration with sarcastic comments meant to belittle what she had done, rather than anything that would actually assist her at the time. She focused on the items in her hand, first chiselling away imperfections and obvious blemishes on the pieces, before refining the exteriors with polish and paper, leaving behind what could be considered an acceptable appearance. Even to her eyes, as fresh to the trade as they may be, could tell that they were far from the perfect items that were on display in the store around her - but she found an amount of pride in what she had created thus far. 

"--at do y-u pl-n t- do with them now?" The voice came from beside her, and Nymoria turned with a start to see Malachi watching her intently, his eyes shifting between molded and polished gem and metals, to Nymoria's face.

In response to the question, she removed the hearing aid that she had been wearing and placed it on the table. She began reshaping the thin metallic pieces that she had found, designing them in a similar form to the hearing aid that she had been wearing. She had, thankfully, learnt about the internal mechanisms of the device in the real world - a fact that had come about when she had run out of money and needed to repair the ones that she had purchased, as best as she could in between pay periods. 

Maybe one of those tragic life events is now going to pay off, even if only slightly. It's probably not something to be proud of, but...if it helps, it helps. She remained silent, ignoring any of the questions that Malachi posed as she continued to work on her piece. She could see him continuing to hover around her, ignored but obviously curious about her work. Not that she enjoyed the attention. In fact, she would've enjoyed solitude in the moment in order to let her focus better on what she was working on - but she knew she wasn't going to get it now. The NPC was entirely focused on her, and no new customers had arrived to take his attention away. You have nothing to be concerned about. It's not like he's going to take your invention and sell it...in fact, he's probably already aware of how to make them. Or if not, thinks there's no market for it...I mean how many deaf people are there in Aincrad, that could benefit from this?

The tinkering of the device had taken longer than Nymoria had expected. When she had finally completed it to a point where it was obviously working, she had looked up to find a rush of customers streaming out of the store - and a clock that clearly showed hours had passed since she had begun. Surprise had taken over her, and she glanced about trying to make sense of the changes that had occurred. Wow, I was really focused here...but it's done, I think. Plated and everything, and although it's not the prettiest piece...well, I made it. That's pretty important, I think! Now just to get the approval...or at least, a curt sarcastic commentary on how it's barely passable...from the great master over there.

A few customers still filled the shop, and Nymoria decided that she would wait for them to filter out before approaching the artisan. She saw no rush to the completion of her task, and was more than content to simply sit and wait out those around her; the inn would still be open no matter how late she returned, and she'd already paid for the room for the week. The only thing she would need to do was to find somewhere to eat once she had completed everything here and headed back to her room for the eve. Musei and I can go get something on the way home, maybe somewhere a bit more fancy? I did get a bit more of a payment today, with the amount of col I found on the boars. It would be nice to treat us both for once. Change things up a little bit from our regular meals...

The customers had, eventually shuffled from the shop and left Nymoria alone with Malachi once more. He had been quick to return to her side - a clear sign that his curiosity had been piqued by her work, at the very least. She picked up the hearing aid that she had created, showing the piece off to him as he eyed it. Seconds passed, and eventually he gave a nod in response to his view of the piece, his words coming shortly afterwards. "It appears to be an acceptable creation...although what exactly it does, is beyond my understanding. That being said, it's in working order and clearly a design similar to the piece you already wear. So long as you don't notice any discrepancies in it's operation, I would assume that you have completed your task at hand."

He clasped his hands together, a wavering impression of content at her success, and a general desire to be rid of her now that she had finished. Nymoria gathered the materials she had been using, including the tools, organising them in a pattern almost identical to when she had first picked them up, before turning and bowing towards Malachi. She noticed the slightly raised eyebrow in response, even if he had attempted to hide it from her. 

"I have taught you enough that you can get started on your own. I would say congratulations...however, I have the feeling that you may eventually put me out of business, should your success continue! With that being said, I shall instead..." He held out a hand for her, offering it to her with the first sincere smile she had seen since beginning under his tutelage. "...offer you luck and good wealth. May we compete together one of these days as your own shop comes to fruition, and perhaps you may have some things to teach me about, in time."

She'd left the store as the sun had begun to drop in the sky, signifying that she had spent the entire day on the quest. She sighed softly as she realised any other plans she'd had for the day would be put on hold; she would only have enough time to find a place for dinner, and then return to the inn for the evening. Still, this is a big success. I shouldn't just...ignore it, right? I managed to do it all...and by myself too! I didn't have to rely on anyone. I didn't have to cause trouble...well, maybe a bit of trouble for Malachi. But that's what he's there for, right? Teaching us?

She hadn't considered, at the time, how much of a hindrance it may have been for the shopkeeper. In fact, she'd simply assumed that he would be okay with doing it, seeing as he had been the contact point for the quest itself. In the end, he'd seemed pleased with her successful creation - although whether or not that was a false impression she couldn't quite say for sure at this time. Maybe he really was just happy to be rid of me? There was no stopping the thought as soon as it had formed, and Nymoria found her excitement at the day drifting away slowly in response. She gave another sigh, deciding that it was best to simply stop thinking about it all together and focus instead on finding a place to eat for the evening. Depressive or not, she at least owed it to Musei to find somewhere enjoyable for the two of them.

The restaurant had been far fancier than anything else Nymoria had visited to this point - which meant that it had cost almost double what she would normally have spent for their food. Still, considering everything, she felt that it had been a worthwhile investment. Musei had enjoyed the treat, even coming out of the pocket and settling on the table during the meal, much to her amusement. The meal had been basic, perhaps, by the standards of many others in the area - but for Nymoria and Musei, it had been an extravagant course which contained things they normally wouldn't be entitled to purchasing.

They had left, nearly an hour later, feeling filled and content - the weasel resting upon her shoulder as she made her way back to the inn. I may not be able to do what others can do...and I may be a bit of hindrance to the groups themselves...but alone, I'm somewhat strong, right? I mean, look at what I did today. Sure, it's a beginner quest...but I'm still a beginner. No matter how long it's been...I'm still a beginner. But I did this, all by myself. Without any help. Without any information to give me a boost...I did it all. I should be proud of that, right? The emptiness that met the statement confused Nymoria, but only slightly She knew what it meant, what it had always meant. Even after all this time...

The innkeeper had greet Nymoria with a smile, and she'd returned the action in kind, quickly signing her thanks before moving up to her room. She'd taken a few moments to pay for another week in the inn, securing her place once more. It would be nice to save up for a house...but the amount of time and effort...and col, that that would take...I can't even imagine doing that. Not even if I had a hundred years in this game. A number of things still looked so far off to her, no matter how much progress she made. She still thought about possibly joining at the front lines - a dream that she had come to realise might never actually come to fruition. Besides, who would want me on their team? Who's going to carry the deaf little girl who can't even communicate in combat? No one, that's who! 

Even as the thoughts forced themselves forward, Nymoria fought against them. They were familiar, in many ways, but she had never enjoyed hearing them. She had curled up on the bed following her nightly routine, changing into the sleepwear that she had purchased a while ago. She wondered if it would be beneficial in any way to eventually buy new ones, before laughing at the idea. There was no need in this game; things never really deteriorated - at least, not the clothing she wore - and it never really held any sort of smell from her own form. If anything, it was one of the few good things about the game, the fact that her personal wear could last forever, reducing at least some of the costs of living. How stupid is that, being happy that I never need to buy new sleepwear? Still...it's kinda funny. 

The rollercoaster of emotions from the day had worn her out, and she found herself drifting in and out of sleep as she laid on the bed, her face shoved into the pillow. Still, she knew she should at least plan out the next day, so that she had some sort of goal to work towards. That's what Nagamuni-sensei told me to do...so I should do it. It helps, a bit...alright, let's see... She scrolled through the available quests, noting that another form of the same quest she'd just completed had opened up. She glanced at it, wondering at whether it would be worth her while or not. 

Hey, Musei. What do you think about doing some field work tomorrow? She signed towards the weasel, watching as it gave the same flick of it's tail that it always did when it was refusing to give any positive or negative responses. Nymoria had come to assume it was a form of shrugging for the creature, and although it didn't necessarily provide her with an answer, she knew it to be a sign of his lack of care towards the idea. She quickly signed towards him again, before rolling over and preparing for a night of sleep - hoping that she would be able to get through this night without any nightmares.

Thank you. For being here. With me.

Thread Summary
Word Count: 5,784
878 EXP | 578 [5,784/10x1x1] + 300 [Quest]
2,032 | 1,632 [Loot | ID222466] + 400 [Thread Progression]
5 materials [Quest]
Rare Trinket {1} | ID222466
Rare Consumable {1} | ID222467
Rare Weapon {1} | ID222467
<<Artisan Profession Unlocked>>
<<Artisan Shop Unlocked>>