[PP-F08] That Funky Monkey | <<The Monkey King>>

The Monkey King

Wulfrin was wrapping up in the forge early in the morning. Having spent a couple days of downtime, he figured it was about time he went after his next big goal. That goal was in direct correlation with the next big decision he had to make for his current playstyle, his combat shift. He had spent plenty of time theory crafting various possibilities, but one thing he kept coming to was his lack of additional damage on his attacks. His bleed enhancements have become his current source of additional damage, but often proved unreliable in combat. Solaris was now combat ready so that was a welcome addition. That left his combat shift as the next option for damage. He could go with single target or area of effect shifts, but all that would get him was increased multipliers and energy drain. Instead he though about the tech shift. The downside to going down that route was he only had two sword arts that could make use of the shift. That meant he had a shopping list.

A few days ago, he had stumbled on the list of Tech Arts. All of them were locked behind some kind of quest. Now Wulfrin had a list to check off one by one. The first seemed to be the easiest, The Monkey King. It held an art that he had seen Morningstar use once before, when he helped get Wulfrin out of The Cave of Wonders. That meant he had done the quest before. That filled one slot of his two open party slots, assuming Morningstar would accept the invitation. It was worth a shot, so he sent a quick message.

To: Morningstar
Subject: Return to Monkey

Hey Morningstar,

Out of curiosity, do you feel like helping me out with clearing Monkey King? I'm thinking of going Tech Shift and need to gather the skills to make full use of it. No pressure if you're too busy. I'll be asking Ciela if she wants to tag along. She may be a tank, but she lacks the skills to pull hate at the moment. I figured the exp boost could help her get a bit closer to that goal.

We'll be at The Great Tree on Floor 8.

See ya soon

With the message sent, Wulfrin went into his house. In the main living room, sprawled out on the couch lay the fearless knightess. She snored away, a small sea otter curled up on her chest. Gently he reached down and shook her attempting to wake her.

"Hey sleepyhead," Wulfrin said gently shaking her shoulder. "It's almost eleven. We're going to Floor 8 for a quest."

It took awhile, but eventually the two set off for Floor 8, phoenix and sea otter in tow.

Spoiler

Stat block:
Wulfrin | Level 22 | HP: 470/470 | EN: 62/62 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 66 | ACC: 3 | BH: 4 | LD: 5 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3

Skills
Active

• Light Armor Rank 5
  • Straight Swords Rank 5
  • Searching Rank 2
  • Battle Healing Rank 1
  • Combat Mastery: Damage 2
  • Familiar Skill: Rending

Extra Skills (Max 3)

• Concentration

Mods (Max 5)

• Meticulous
  • Night Vison

Addons

• Stamina
  • Precision
  • Ferocity
  • Resolve

Inactive

• None

Battle Ready Inventory

• 3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 hp each)
  • 6 T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP.
  • 2 Teleportation Crystals
  • 2x Terra Firma Scale (equivalent to T3 MIT 1)

Equipment
Armored Long Coat | T3 Perfect Light Armor | ID [220094]
MIT 2 | REC 1
[desc.] A long red leather coat with additional armor plates. The right pauldron has the signet of Sentinel Armaments emblazoned on it.

Wolf's Bite | T3 Perfect Straight Sword | ID [220774]
ACC 1 | BLEED 2
[desc.] Sharpened to a razor's edge, this blade cuts deep and leaves lasting wounds. It is well balanced to aid in attacks. The center of the cross guard is the signet of Sentinel Armaments.

Crystal | TIER 1 TRINKET | LD III | ID: #205224
[desc.]: a blue crystal. scraps of a larger crafting component.

Estate Buffs

• Bedroom: "Rested" -1 EN to first 2 combat expenditures each combat
  • Bathroom: "Clean" First DoT effect damage reduced by 20%
  • Basic Kitchen: "Filling" increases effectiveness of one food item by 1 T1 MIT slot (+5 MIT)
  • Storage Closet: "Item Stash" +1 Battle ready Inventory Slot
  • Living room: "Relaxed" +10 out of Combat healing, Energy full after 2 out of combat posts
  • Dining Room: "Tasty" Turn 2 identical food items into a lesser feast. (Feeds 4 players)
  • Attic (Storage): "Col Stash" +5% Col from monster loot
  • Basement: "Multipurpose" +1 LD, LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity (Once per thread)
  • Fishing Pond: "Angler" +2 Fishing Exp per attempt

Edited by Wulfrin
  • Wulfrin changed the title to [PP-F08] That Funky Monkey | <<The Monkey King>>

Ciela was startled awake by Wulfrin shaking her. "Wha-huh?" She responded to him sleepily. "Floor 8, sure." She equipped her gear and followed Wulfrin, holding onto his coat as she sleepily walked behind him. Her little sea otter still asleep wrapped around the back of her neck like a cute little scarf.

As the pair headed off to the warp gate for floor 22, Ciela began to wake up finally. "So why are we going to floor 8 again? I'm sure you mentioned it but I'm too sleepy to remember." She continued to hold onto his coat as they teleported to floor 8.

As they arrived on floor 8 Ciela was amazed at the scenery around her. It was almost straight out of one of her elven romance novels. "This place is pretty!!" She looked to her companion, "Who are we waiting for over here? Or is it another quest with just the two of us as a dastardly duo?" 

The pair waited, and as they did, she materialized a romance novel and began reading it while leaning up against Wulfrin.

Spoiler

Character Sheet:

Spoiler

KnightessCiela | Level 12 | HP: 270/270 | EN: 42/42 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 86 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

Equipment:

Spoiler
  • Honed Longsword | T2 Perfect Straight Sword | ID [220512] | ACC 2 | DMG 1
    [desc.] A simple steel longsword that prioritizes balance over damage. The center piece of the cross guard is the signet of Sentinel Armaments.
  • Duergar Battle Plate | [#220061d] | TIER 2 PERFECT HEAVY ARMOR | Flame Thorns, MIT, Thorns
    [desc.]: Forged deep below the surface, this black steel plate armor is fashioned with various spikes making it a guarantee that attacks will hurt the attacker more than you
  • Sentinel Shield | T2 Perfect Shield | ID [220639] | MIT 2 | Thorns 1
    [desc.] A kite shield emblazoned with the signet of Sentinel Armaments. Enemies will find quite the sting when they collide with this shield.

Skills:

Spoiler

Armor:

Spoiler

R5 Heavy Armor

MIT 25

STEALTH -5

Combat Mastery:

Spoiler

Mitigation

R1 - Novice

6*tier MIT per rank = 6 MIT

Weapon:

Spoiler

R3 Straight Swords

• [x8] ST-I (8 EN) | A single-target sword art.
  • [x11] ST-II (11 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
  • [x7] AOE-I (7 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
  • [x8] TECH-A (9 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Addons:

Spoiler

Iron Skin

+15 MIT and +15* Tier HP (30 HP)

Mods:

Spoiler

None Yet

Extra:

Spoiler

None Yet

Battle Ready Inventory:

Spoiler
  • (5) T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP
  • (1) T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion: Adds 5% of Maximum HP to users Maximum HP for a thread.
  • (1) T1 Rare Health Potion: Heals 10% of maximum HP.
  • (3) Teleport Crystal

Awoken by a tropical bird, Morningstar found himself face-to-face with a direct message from Wulfrin. His presence had been requested on floor eight, specifically at the Great Tree. He yawned, still beneath his light bed sheets, and closed his eyes for a minute longer.

The Monkey King was an old foe of his. He hadn't thought about the beast in years, and yet here it was, back again. He recalled being a lower level than Wulfrin currently was when he attempted the quest; they'd probably be fine without him.

He groaned, rolling over. On the off chance they wouldn't be, he returned a message.

To: Wulfrin
Subject: Return to Monkey

Be there soon.

MS

As it sent, he hopped out of bed, threw on his combat gear and red coat, and wandered off to the nearby teleporter with his breakfast to-go.

"Morning," he said, appearing to the star-crossed lovers. "Oh," he grinned, surprised, "you two found yourself familiars, then? Right on."

His blade materialized at his waist. "So," he checked over his equipment twice, "we're heading to Florenthia first to pickup the quest?"

ayawfa7.png | MORNINGSTAR
 | Lv. 55 >> P. 22, Lv. 33
 | Status: [ zzZ ]

Notes:
 //

Hide contents

Morningstar | HP: 740/740 | EN: 112/112 | DMG: 28 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 4 | BH: 39 | LD: 5 (6) | REC: 4 | FLN: 16 | AA | PAR VEN

equipped

• Dying Sun
    FLN II, AA, PAR VEN
  • Red Longcoat
    EVA II, REC I
  • Sapphire
    ACC III, EVA I

battle-ready inventory

• Magdalyn's Cuckoo
  • Teleport Crystal (x5)

skills

Hide contents

mod count: 3/5

• 2HSS | RANK 5/5
    • precision, stamina, ferocity
    • shift: tech
  • CLOTH ARMOR | RANK 5/5
    • athletics, nimble
  • COMBAT MASTERY: DMG | RANK 3/3
  • SEARCHING | RANK 4/5 (5)
    • night vision, detect
  • BATTLE HEALING | RANK 5/5
  • ENERGIST
  • CHARGE

extra

1. SURVIVAL
  2. FORGOTTEN KING'S AUTHORITY
  3. LADY LUCK
  4. DISGUISE

buffs

Hide contents

statue

• | #

consumables

1. Imperial Quarter Blend | DMG III
  2. Breakfast Fry | PROTEIN II

paragon

• Lv. 5 | Gain additional col equivalent to 15% of EXP earned in that thread.
  • Lv. 10 | +1 LD to looting.

sword arts

Hide contents

en cost matches multiplier unless stated otherwise. shift underlined.

• ST | x12 -> x15 | x20
  • AOE | x11 -> x14
  • TECH-A | x16 | STUN | 13EN
  • TECH-B | x16 | DELAY
  • TECH-D | x16 | SHATTER
  • TECH-F | x12 | AOE STUN

misc/housing buffs

Hide contents
  • Dimensional Backpack | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested | -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat.
  • Squeaky Clean | The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down).
  • Filling | Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps. Ex: A perfect T2 MIT food gives 35 MIT instead of 30.
  • Tasty | Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed. Lesser Feasts created this way cannot be used outside of the thread they are created. Limit 1 item created per thread.
  • Relaxed | Increases out-of-combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
  • Multipurpose | Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Skylight (Searching) | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. 

fishing

• #

Edited by Morningstar
Posted (edited)

"Yep," Wulfrin said as he double checked his gear. "I just figured this would be an easier place to meet up because landmark in the main settlement. Now that you're here we can get this ball rolling."

The trio arrived in Florenthia after a rather calming walk through the elvish forests of Floor 8. Here the scene was much more tranquil, treants and elves living in harmony. last Wulfrin had heard the two races had some kind of blood feud that lead to a nasty ongoing war. As they made their way through the village, whispers began to emanate from the NPC inhabitants. Handfuls of denizens wondered if the trio were there to help with their ongoing problem. One NPC stood out among the rest. They were human and deep in some kind of research notes.

"Excuse me," Wulfrin said fanning away the puff of smoke that was puffed into his face. "Are you Remington? I'm here to help with The Monkey King, and I was told you were the one to talk to."

"You'd be correct," Remington said ad he puffed smoke from his pipe. "Me and the leader of the guard, Sewallus, had a brief run in with the beast. Now I can't even leave the safety of the town. Meaning my research is put on hold. Sewallus can give you more info." 

"Just how strong is this Monkey King?"

"The Monkey King is a terrible foe. All I can say for sure is no matter how fast we ran, it was never enough.

Remington seemed to check out after that. "Well," Wulfrin said as the party's logs updated with the quest. "Guess we need to track down Sewallus. Maybe he can provide some insight. Any info you can give Star will be beneficial as well."

Edited by Wulfrin

The trio left and headed on their way to Florenthia. Wulfrin had gotten word from Remington to go and find Sewallus and see if he could give more info. "Off we go to Sewallus then." She let the two that were much more experienced levels wise take the charge. "So Morningstar. Have you done this quest already??" She asked him curiously. She genuinely wanted to know the answer. "I kind of wanna know what we're in for. Am I about to get slapped around by a large monkey?" She sighed, thinking about what kind of quest Wulfrin was bringing her on today and how she knew literally nothing about it. As they walked, she began reading her book once more. Something she did to pass the time along, she took a strap from her skirt and hooked it onto Wulfrin's belt. She essentially made a leash so she could bury her nose in her book while the other two walked along.

The NPC dialogue with Remington was less intriguing than Morningstar recalled, but it had been some time since he had taken the quest. It wasn't impossible that he'd misremembered the chain-smoker's charisma. Sewallus, on the other hand, he remembered quite well. They had fought side by side against the Monkey King during their last escapade; he hoped that they would do so once more.

As they departed from Remington's location, Ciela pulled his attention. "Yeah, years back. I must have below level twenty at the time. Pretty intense quest if you go alone. I found the monkey in a cave, but I've heard he wanders the whole forest. It can be pretty sketchy wandering around, since he can sometimes appear out of no where."

He dug up whatever old memories of the quest he had filed away. "You get a cool sword art from it, though."

A longsword of silver steel glowed, absorbing the sunlight. It made a shink sound as it was unsheathed, beginning to glow green as its wielder swung it around. "You mentioned that this is what you're here for," he spoke directly to Wulfrin.

As they walked, Ciela hooked her leash to Wulfrin.

Morningstar stared for a moment, first at Ciela (who's brain was already deep in a book) and then to her partner, who was visibly blushing. It was not the first time they had done this in front of him, but it was still uncanny to watch. He held at least a little respect for each of them; Ciela for having the confidence to leash herself and Wulfrin for going along with it. It was the sign of a budding relationship. Also, it was hilarious from his perspective.

The frontliners are going to love these two, he thought, internally hysterical.

"Anyway," he continued, relieving his sword of its demonstrative duties, "Sewallus is near the gate. I'll lead you there."

And near the gate he was. The leader of Florenthia's guard was posted upon a watchtower overlooking the wilderness beyond the walls.

"Sewallus!" Morningstar cupped his hands around his mouth to amplify the sound.

The armored NPC turned, confused. His scowl brightened as he recognized the player. "Morningstar!" he called back.

Sewallus barreled down the tower's ladder, making his way over to greet them. He wore the same heavy armor he always had. The chest piece was covered in small thorn-like spikes, prickly for all that dare to strike him. Metal with the appearance of wood made up the rest of his armor. Roots spiraled his gauntlets and boots like tendrils and his helmet almost masked his identity, covering nearly his entire head. With a strong grip, he met Morningstar's forearm.

"Morningstar, my old friend!"

"Looking strong, Sewallus," Morningstar grinned.

"And you, and you! What brings you to Florenthia?"

They let go and Morningstar gestured to his party. "We're going hunting."

The guard's brow rose, invisible beneath his wood like helmet. His eyes widened as he realized what Morningstar was referring to. "Not the Monkey King. Again?"

"Again, after all this time. Tag along?"

The quest prompt updated in the corner of their HUDs. "Of course," Sewallus sighed. "Of course."

(Morningstar consumes Elven Armor Salve - +1 hate to all actions)

Posted (edited)

“Welcome to the party Sewallus,” Wulfrin said as the NPC’s name and HP undated under theirs in the party info. “Glad to have you aboard. If you have any info on the beast, it would be very helpful. I heard you and Remington faced off with it before, but had to flee."

"That's complicated," Sewallus sighed. "It was not by our fleet of foot that we escaped. More likely it was the beast got distracted or otherwise disrupted in some way. Sorry I don't have more info than that."

"No worries. I'm sure Morningstar knows enough to get us by," Wulfirn smirked. "You do have a plan right Star? If not we can always do the one two combo of me stunning it and you following it up with a heavy burst of damage." The two had fought side by side before, so Wulfrin was familiar with Morningstar's damage output. It helped that he had built Morningstar's Dying Sun, at least the initial fusion of it.

Edited by Wulfrin

Ciela smiled, "Hello Sewallus! Glad to have you with us." She put her book away for a moment. "I'm just here to watch basically. I'm gonna stand there, look pretty and try not to get hit. I've heard the monkey king packs a punch."

She looked the now trio that she was trailing behind. "Oh! Before I forget!" She materialized four medium sized tins. "I made food for the road. In case we got hungry. I even packed an extra just in case." She then handed them out to Star, Wulfrin, and Sewallus. "It's nothing fancy, just some chicken wraps. With cut veggies as a side. That way we aren't struggling to eat while walking," she flashed a smile at them. "Wulfrin has become quite accustomed to my cooking, although I guess it's solely due to the fact I make all his meals now." Ciela chuckled and materialized snacks for her and Wulfrin's familiars.

"Oh! Star do you have a familiar yet?" Ciela materialized a plain croissant and handed it to him. "These were Perlita's favorite when I was training her, then I started making the fish croissants and both her and Solaris go nuts for them. Let me know if you want any special baked goods for a familiar or for yourself. I have a plethora of random baked goods just lying in wait." She smiled at the trio and began snacking on cucumbers as they walked.

"You do have a plan right Star?"

His expression was neutral but his eyes aflame. "Win," he replied with a thumbs up.

The trio followed him past the gates of Florenthia and back into the wild Forest of the Great Tree. The Monkey King's lethality came from its surprising nature. Locals of Florenthia often said that finding the beast was impossible; but, spend some time in the forest and it would eventually find you. Darkness did not hinder the king, nor did physical obstacles like trees or hills. It was a behemoth built from pure rage, unstoppable if not kept in check.

"I don't have a familiar. It's been on my mind though. My girlfriend wants a hellcat, so I'll probably look for something along the way. Not sure what type though. Sort of hard to choose before you see them."

Ciela rambled and snacked on cucumbers, while Star devoured the croissant she had baked. How she had discovered his love of baked goods was a mystery to him. She had read him like a book.

Like a spontaneous earthquake, the ground began to move. It shook beneath their wobbling bodies, prompting Morningstar into action. He pushed past Ciela and Wulfrin, pulling Sewallus to his side. The armored guard roared as ferociously as the Monkey King itself, drawing aggro for the party. The great ape didn't appear to veer towards Sewallus in particular; it's size made it look like it would trample over them all in the process.

A quick and subtle jab to the chest left the Monkey King completely paralyzed. It crashed to the ground; it would surely leave an indent behind. The sound of the fall echoed through the forest and the world went silent.

Spoiler

Sewallus activates Florenthian Howl | +5 Hate

Post Action | TECH-A (x16, 16 EN): 16 - (Well Rested (3/3); Stamina) = 13 EN

ID222860 | BD: 10 | CD: 8 | DMG: 480-60 = 420 to Monkey King

Wulfrin | HP: 470/470 | EN: 62/62 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 66 | ACC: 3 | BH: 4 | LD: 5 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3
KnightessCiela | HP: 270/270 | EN: 42/42 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 86 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36
Morningstar | HP: 740/740 | EN: 99/112 | DMG: 28 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 4 | BH: 39 | LD: 5 (6) | REC: 4 | FLN: 16 | AA | PAR VEN
Sewallus | HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1

• Florenthian Howl | Grants Sewallus +5 Hate against the Monkey King. Requires a Post Action. Sewallus will use this ability on his first turn, and every second post thereafter.
  • Shatter | Upon a successful attack, reduce target's Mitigation by 15 before damage is calculated. This effect can stack up to three times. Shatter from outside sources will not increase the stack count, but will refresh the duration. Effect lasts three turns.

[0,0,3,5] Monkey King | HP: 230/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | STUNNED

• If a Tree Falls | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will pick up a large tree and throw it at the party.  This replaces the Monkey King's normal attack, automatically dealing 120 unmitigatable damage and inflicting stun to each target.

Posted (edited)

"Alright," Wulfrin said with a shrug. "Group up and hit it 'til it dies. Sounds like a plan."

The ever loving group mom that was Ciela always warmed his heart. Having constantly fresh snacks being handed out like candy was nice and comforting. It worked wonders when it came to the ever looming threat of death in this virtual prison to which their lives had fallen victim to. Wulfrin enjoyed the little snack he was provided with gusto. By the look on The Lightbringer's face, he did as well.

Thrump

The ground quaked as the heavy footfalls of a large creature impacted the ground. Immediately Wulfrin went into high alert, drawing his sword and maneuvering Ciela behind him. She may be the tank of the duo, but this was still a dangerous place for her to be. She could probably take a hit, but only one at most.

Thrump

This one was louder. Almost on top of them. The Lightbringer pushed past them, the Florenthian guard at his side. With a mighty roar, Sewallus announced their presence. The roar was reciprocated by a much deeper howl. Then the large quake erupted as a massive ape crashed to the ground before them, its eyes locked on Sewallus. Morningstar wasted no time landing a critical blow to the beast's underbelly causing it to stagger and loose its footing.

As streak of emerald light zipped past Morningstar as Wulfrin was already almost face to face with the massive ape. He had leapt upwards, the system aiding in his advances by crating a combo where he had made a series of strikes in various diagonal patterns as he ascended the beasts hide. The final strike carried him back to the ground, leaving a holographic square aligned with the beast's form. just as quickly as he had approached, Wulfrin stepped to the side ready to unleash his next volley of attacks.

Spoiler

Post Action | ST-I (x12, 12 EN): 12 - (Rested (2/2); Stamina) = 9 EN

ID222861 | BD: 3+3 = 6 | CD: 8 | DMG: 204-60 = 144 to Monkey King

Wulfrin | HP: 470/470 | EN: 53/62 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 66 | ACC: 3 | BH: 4 | LD: 5 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3
KnightessCiela | HP: 270/270 | EN: 42/42 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 86 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36
Morningstar | HP: 740/740 | EN: 99/112 | DMG: 28 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 4 | BH: 39 | LD: 5 (6) | REC: 4 | FLN: 16 | AA | PAR VEN
Sewallus | HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1

• Florenthian Howl | Grants Sewallus +5 Hate against the Monkey King. Requires a Post Action. Sewallus will use this ability on his first turn, and every second post thereafter.
  • Shatter | Upon a successful attack, reduce target's Mitigation by 15 before damage is calculated. This effect can stack up to three times. Shatter from outside sources will not increase the stack count, but will refresh the duration. Effect lasts three turns.

[0,0,3,5] Monkey King | HP: 86/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | STUNNED

• If a Tree Falls | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will pick up a large tree and throw it at the party.  This replaces the Monkey King's normal attack, automatically dealing 120 unmitigatable damage and inflicting stun to each target.

Edited by Wulfrin

Ciela continued to munch on her snacks as the ground began to quake. She was bringing her last cucumber stuck to her mouth as the ground began to quake once more. It fell out of her hand and dematerialized to which she pouted. As she did, Wulfrin maneuvered her behind him. "Wha-" She was interrupted by Sewallus roaring. 

She spotted the huge monkey, and assumed this was the Monkey King. She was so distracted she hadn't even noticed that Star had rushed past the two and performed the first blow against the beast. She watched the health bar quickly deplete after Morningstar's attack.

Wulfrin unleashed his attack before Ciela got a chance to. She watched as he zipped and zoomed towards the Monkey King. Taking a huge chunk out of the Monkey's health bar.

Ciela took a deep breath and like the others, ran up to the Monkey King. She activated her ST-I sword art and swiftly struck the Monkey. She was astounded that she actually hit. Like the last two times damage was done to the Monkey, she watched the health bar. She was only slightly disappointed when the health bar only inched lower versus it depleting quickly. The life of a tank I guess, high mitigation, low damage.

She snapped herself back to reality after just a moment. "You're up Star. You've got him on the vines." She sighed at her awful joke. She got back into her usual stance, just in case she gets another shot at the funky monkey.

Spoiler

Post Action | ST-I vs The Funky Monkey King (x8, 8 EN)

KnightessCiela vs The Funky Monkey King
ID: 222904 | BD: 5 (+2 ACC) = 7 | DMG: 64 (8*8) = 4 DMG to Monkey King

Wulfrin | HP: 470/470 | EN: 53/62 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 66 | ACC: 3 | BH: 4 | LD: 5 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3
KnightessCiela | HP: 270/270 | EN: 34/42 (42-8) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 86 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

[1,1,3,5] Monkey King | HP: 82/650 (86-4) | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | STUNNED

• If a Tree Falls | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will pick up a large tree and throw it at the party.  This replaces the Monkey King's normal attack, automatically dealing 120 un-mitigatable damage and inflicting stun to each target.

Monkey King's Turn

Can't Attack | Stunned

Stun Fades

KnightessCiela | HP: 270/270 | EN: 34/42 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 86 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

[1,1,3,5] Monkey King | HP: 82/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | (P.StunImm.) [1/3]

• If a Tree Falls | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will pick up a large tree and throw it at the party.  This replaces the Monkey King's normal attack, automatically dealing 120 un-mitigatable damage and inflicting stun to each target.

Edited by KnightessCiela