[PP-21] Rooks on the Seventh <<Betrayal of the King>>

Sitting in solitude at a small table set in a remote corner of the newly minted Witherwind Rest, Freyd stared at two objects resting on the table before him.  The first was a chest board of simple make, with pieces painstakingly carved by hand from random pieces of wood collected from across the explored levels of Aincrad.  Judging by the layout of its opposing birch and black walnut factions, the game had been in progress for some time, though there was no evidence of a second player in the room.  Both teams were deadlocked with moves and counter-moves layered a dozen deep in twice as many different ways.  Had it actually been a real battlefield, everything would have been ready to explode in a frenzy of violence that would have laid waste to everyone.

Beside the board, held open by slender, spider-like fingers, was a little black book filled to the brim with secretive scrawlings - a recipe book, of sorts, for Armageddon.  Tracing the lettering with a fingertip, Freyd reached for the page's edge and delicately closed the book like one might replace the panel on a ticking bomb.  A sigh escaped his lips even as the same hand pushed a pawn forward, setting catastrophe into motion, or may... just taking a chance.

To: @Wulfrin @KnightessCiela

It's time to betray the King.  Meet me in Tomoika on floor 21.  You may be called upon to join the front lines sooner than you might have wished.  I plan to make sure that you are both ready.  Feel free to bring a third.

Pocketing the book, Freyd quickly surveyed his inventory to ensure that all required items were at the ready.  Like they were ever not.  The man was a structural redundancy, buttressing half the player base without most of them knowing it because that was what was needed.  That was his word - his vow: to offer hope.  Hope required an arsenal, and its component parts were people.  

:Come on, Persi," he called out, rousing the tiny black blob curled on a nearby cushion.  "Time to go hone some weapons, before they are really called upon to fight."

Freyd consumes:

Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (5/6) - takes 1 portion and shares the rest with the group
Armageddon Juice (Potion) | Damage 3 | 197239
Madlad Muffin | Tierless Rare Meal | EVA 2 | 220090a (+filled)
Stalwart's Stew | T4 Perfect Meal | MIT 3 | 216152
Shrimp Gumbo | Tierless Perfect Meal | Overhealth 3 | 216723
kintsugi. | TIER 4 PERFECT SALVE | TOXIC VENOM | (5/20) https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19383-f01r10-alchemist-cintamani-open/?do=findComment&comment=676877

Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 154/154 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 7 | ACC: 5 | BH: 73 | LD: 6 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 32 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146

Spoiler

"Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 33
Paragon Level: 129
HP: 1160/1160+174
EN: 154/154

Stats:
Damage: 21+3
Mitigation: 45+60
Evasion: 4+2+1
Accuracy: 3+2
Battle Healing: 63
Loot Dice: 6
FLN: 16
HLY: 16
REC: 8
V.D.: 127

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride | T4 MA | FLN 2 | HLY 2  
Armor: Black Cowled Traveling Garb | T4 CA | VD 2 | REC 2
Misc: Fight O'er Flight (ACC 2 | EVA 2)

Combat Mastery: Damage R3
Combat Shift: AOE
Familiar Skill: Grappling Familiar
Custom Skill: Shades of the Gemini

Skills:
Martial Arts R5
Battle Healing R5
Cloth Armor R5
Searching R4
Charge
Energist
Quick Change
Extended Mod Limit
Extended Weight Limit
Fighting Spirit
Howl

Active Mods:
Night Vision
Tracking
Athletics
Emergency Recovery
Untraceable
Detect

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Focus
Precision
Nimble
Reveal
Stamina
Focused Howl

Active Extra Skills:
Disguise
Survival
Meditation
Forgotten King’s Authority

Inactive Extra Skills:
Frozen Hide
Brawler
Photosynthesize
Hiding R2

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+10% HP) x7
T4 Vitality (+16 EN) x7
Crystal of Divine Light (Reusable) x1
Rhino's Horn (Reusable) x1
Hmr.Pk:  Hope's Covenant - Resolve +4 (T4 Demonic Weapon (MA) - AA, Phase, Frostbite, VO x1
EWL: The Thing Behind All Lies (T4 Demonic MA, AA, Blight, Static, Para.Ven (Off))    x1
EWL:  Shadowed Rose (ACC 3 | Para.Imm.) x1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +2 Fishing EXP per attempt
Practiced Angler: +2 Fishing EXP per attempt, addition +1 LD/CD to fishing attempts
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +25 Mitigation for a thread.

Wedding Ring: n/a

Fishing: Level 5 | 576XP"                                                

Edited by Freyd

"Damn," Wulfrin said as he read over the message from Freyd. "They must be desperate for fighters if Freyd is reaching out with this much urgency."

Wulfrin whistled for Solaris to join him as he exited the forge. He had no idea what was in store for them on Floor 21. He hadn't been there except in passing, as the cavernous floor wasn't to his liking. While he does enjoy caverns, he couldn't see himself living in one. They were too cramped. He made his way into the living room to ensure Ciela had received the message.

"You get that message from Freyd?" He asked with a concerned look on his face. "Looks like we are being drafted to serve soon. I'm ninety percent sure we can get a unique skill out of this. I'm going to see if Nymoira wants to tag along. The three of us ought to be able to handle it, so it should be easy exp for her."

Wulfrin quickly double and triple checked his inventory before pulling up his messages and sent out his message to the girl he had met just a few short days ago.

To: Nymoira
Subject: Leveling Opportunity

I'm about embark on a quest with a few other players with a pretty big exp drop. If you're interested we still have room for a fourth. It's up on Floor 21, so be careful. We're meeting up in a city called Tomoika on that same floor.

With a deep breath to steady himself, Wulfirn stepped onto the teleport gate in Coral. In a flood of blue light he was transported to the cavernous city.

"Solaris," Wulfrin said to his phoenix familiar. "Take to the skies and see if you can spot our shadowy friend."

With no hesitation, the flaming eagle took to the cavernous sky, leading him deeper into the city proper. It didn't take long to track down their fearless leader. The eye in the sky helped, considering the building design made it hard to get a sweeping view of the streets.

Wulfrin consumes

Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (4/6)
Imperial Quarter Blend | Tierless Perfect Potion | DMG III | ID: 
[221147]
Great Basilisk Oolong Tea | T3 Perfect Salve | Toxic Venom III | ID: [222184]

Using 1 Yui's Grace (Donor Award) +600 Exp at end of thread

Wulfrin | HP: 490/490 | EN: 64/64 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 5 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3 | TXC VNM: 24

Spoiler

Stat Block
Wulfrin | Level 23 | HP: 490/490 | EN: 64/64 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3

Skills
Active

• Light Armor Rank 5
  • Straight Swords Rank 5
  • Searching Rank 2
  • Battle Healing Rank 1
  • Combat Mastery: Damage 2
  • Familiar Skill: Rending

Extra Skills (Max 3)

• Concentration

Mods (Max 5)

• Meticulous
  • Night Vison

Addons

• Stamina
  • Precision
  • Ferocity
  • Resolve

Inactive

• None

Battle Ready Inventory

• 3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 hp each)
  • 6 T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP.
  • 2 Teleportation Crystals
  • 2x Terra Firma Scale (equivalent to T3 MIT 1)

Equipment
Armored Long Coat | T3 Perfect Light Armor | ID [220094]
MIT 2 | REC 1
[desc.] A long red leather coat with additional armor plates. The right pauldron has the signet of Sentinel Armaments emblazoned on it.

Wolf's Bite | T3 Perfect Straight Sword | ID [220774]
ACC 1 | BLEED 2
[desc.] Sharpened to a razor's edge, this blade cuts deep and leaves lasting wounds. It is well balanced to aid in attacks. The center of the cross guard is the signet of Sentinel Armaments.

Feather | TIER 1 TRINKET | EVA III | ID [205226]
[desc.]: a small feather. remnants of a long-forgotten entity.

Estate Buffs

• Bedroom: "Rested" -1 EN to first 2 combat expenditures each combat
  • Bathroom: "Clean" First DoT effect damage reduced by 20%
  • Basic Kitchen: "Filling" increases effectiveness of one food item by 1 T1 MIT slot (+5 MIT)
  • Storage Closet: "Item Stash" +1 Battle ready Inventory Slot
  • Living room: "Relaxed" +10 out of Combat healing, Energy full after 2 out of combat posts
  • Dining Room: "Tasty" Turn 2 identical food items into a lesser feast. (Feeds 4 players)
  • Attic (Storage): "Col Stash" +5% Col from monster loot
  • Basement: "Multipurpose" +1 LD, LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity (Once per thread)
  • Fishing Pond: "Angler" +2 Fishing Exp per attempt

Edited by Wulfrin

The message appeared in her vision and startled Nymoria. She'd been focused on the trinket beneath her fingertips, trying to adjust the sensors within to make it operate better than it had been in the past few days - not that it had been malfunctioning in any way, but it had certainly not been working as well as the one she had purchased. Sighing slightly, both in response to the message's startling appearance, as well as a bit of frustration at the hearing aid itself, she'd closed the piece up once more and stored it away.

A quick tap and the message appeared, a frown crossing her face as she read both the sender's name, and then the message from Wulfrin. A mixture of emotions cascaded through her as she considered the situation; the idea of the boost in experience appealing, but the floor number standing out to her eyes. She'd never really set foot above the first few floors, let alone those in the twentieth regions. Biting her lip in a nervous fashion, she scrambled to make a decision even as she began typing out her response, her fingers flying with an almost unnatural speed across the virtual keyboard.

To: Wulfrin

A boost in experience sounds nice, I would definitely be interested in that! I've never been to the twenty-first floor, so it may take me some time to get there, and...everything! I've got to stop and pick up some supplies on the way, but I should be there in a little bit. Maybe a half hour or so? I'll message you again if I'm going to be late, but don't run off without me! 

Oh and uh...I may have to put an order in for your shop at some point, so I may come by one of these days and do that! I hope you've been keeping well, and yeah. So I'll see you shortly! Looking forward to it! That's all for now!

Nymoria

She closed and sent off the message before heading out into the market of the Town of Beginnings, search for the various vendors that she would need. It didn't take her long, the purchases relatively basic in comparison to everything else, and once she had all the goods packed away into  the small hip pouches that she'd recently purchased, she made her way towards the teleporter. 

The twenty-first was far from anything she'd ever imagined, and as she stepped off the teleporter and bumbled her way around, she'd almost missed the sight of Wulfrin - alongside another player that she'd never seen before, and a familiar face. Smiling broadly at the two she did know, she gave a wave, her hands moving in quick motions as she both drew their attention, and greeted them, the voice in their heads likely appearing as they spotted her motions. Hey, Wulfrin! Ciela! It's good to see you both again! You mentioned that there was something going on, which could be a good experience? I came as quickly as I could, I hope I'm not too late!

Statblock

Shoko (2).png
Spoiler

Notes

Nymoria | Lv. 10 | P. 0 | HP [200/200] | EN [38/38] | ACC [3] | DMG [9] | MIT [34] | BH [+6] 
Tier 1 | Tier 1

Equipment

• Nymoria's Sabre
    [Sabre | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Damage [2 Slots]
  • Beginner's Chestplate
    [Light Armour | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Mitigation [1 Slots] 
  • Hearing Aid
    [Trinket | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Accuracy [3 Slots]

Battle-Ready Inventory

• Starter Healing Potions {5} | Tier 1 | Potion | Heals 50 HP
  • Field Rations {1} | +12% Max HP
  • Health Potion {1} | Tier 1 | Potion | HP Recovery III
  • Teleport Crystal {1}
  • Hearing Aid
    [Trinket | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Keen [1 Slot]

Skills

Spoiler

Utility Skills
N/A

Combat Skills
Battle Healing [Rank: 3. 
Active: Passive. Effect: While in combat, recover 1% per rank of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.]

Weapon Skills
Sabers [Rank: 4. 
Active: Passive. Effect: +6 DMG]

Armour Skills
Light Armour [Rank: 3. Active: Passive. Effect: Gain Mitigation based on your rank in Light Armor. You can only benefit from one armor skill at a time (the respective armor type must be equipped). Your mitigation is capped at 2 enhancement slots.]

Active Extra Skills
N/A

Inactive Extra Skills 
N/A

Combat Mastery
N/A

Familiar Skills
N/A

Estate Buffs
N/A

Sword Arts

Spoiler

[x10] ST-I (10 EN) | A single-target sword art.
[x13]
ST-II (13 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x17]
ST-B (17 EN) | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn is not ST-B and had rolled a natural CD9+. When performing an AoE attack, this CD check applies to only the first roll.
[x9] AOE-I (9 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
[x12]
AOE-II (12 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if AOE-II had been used and had missed all intended targets the previous turn.
[x10] TECH-A (11 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Estate Buffs

Spoiler

N/A

Edited by Nymoria

Ciela looked up at Wulfrin, "It woke me from my afternoon nap. It looks like it. This is exactly why I left the Town of Beginnings. In case the people on the frontlines needed help at some point. Hopefully with this quest I'll be more on your level." She equipped her gear and followed him toward the teleport gate. They arrived on Floor 21 and were greeted by the scenery of caves. It was beautiful down here, she always loved caves. Although most were to dank and musty for her to feel even remotely comfortable.

She watched as Solaris went into the sky to attempt to locate Freyd, as she usually did she pulled out her book. She heard a familiar voice. It was Nymoria, she signed to Nymoria and spoke, "Hey! I heard you got roped into this too. We'll keep you safe alright?" She gave her a thumbs up after she was done signing to their newest friend. 

Spoiler

Character Sheet:

Spoiler

KnightessCiela | Level 13 | HP: 290/290 | EN: 44/44 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

Equipment:

Spoiler
  • Honed Longsword | T2 Perfect Straight Sword | ID [220512] | ACC 2 | DMG 1
    [desc.] A simple steel longsword that prioritizes balance over damage. The center piece of the cross guard is the signet of Sentinel Armaments.
  • Duergar Battle Plate | [#220061d] | TIER 2 PERFECT HEAVY ARMOR | Flame Thorns, MIT, Thorns
    [desc.]: Forged deep below the surface, this black steel plate armor is fashioned with various spikes making it a guarantee that attacks will hurt the attacker more than you
  • Sentinel Shield | T2 Perfect Shield | ID [220639] | MIT 2 | Thorns 1
    [desc.] A kite shield emblazoned with the signet of Sentinel Armaments. Enemies will find quite the sting when they collide with this shield.

Skills:

Spoiler

Armor:

Spoiler

R5 Heavy Armor

MIT 25

STEALTH -5

Combat Mastery:

Spoiler

Mitigation

R1 - Novice

6*tier MIT per rank = 6 MIT

Weapon:

Spoiler

R3 Straight Swords

• [x8] ST-I (8 EN) | A single-target sword art.
  • [x11] ST-II (11 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
  • [x7] AOE-I (7 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
  • [x8] TECH-A (9 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Other:

• [x8] TECH-F (8+2 * targets EN) | AOE STUN | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. All struck targets are stunned for one turn.

Addons:

Spoiler

Iron Skin

+15 MIT and +15* Tier HP (30 HP)

Mods:

Spoiler

None Yet

Extra:

Spoiler

R1 Block
Passive, [Requires two Extra Skill slots], Requires an equipped shield. User’s evasion cannot be greater than 0 (can still be negative). Grants 5 mitigation                                              

Battle Ready Inventory:

Spoiler
  • (5) T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP
  • (1) T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion: Adds 5% of Maximum HP to users Maximum HP for a thread.
  • (1) T1 Rare Health Potion: Heals 10% of maximum HP.
  • (3) Teleport Crystal

KnightessCiela consumes:

Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (3/6)
Using 1 Yui's Grace (Donor Award) +400 
Exp at end of thread

New Stat Block:

KnightessCiela | Level 13 | HP: 290/290 | EN: 44/44 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 4 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

Edited by KnightessCiela
Posted (edited)

Having wrapped up a quick visit to The Knight Shift while he waited, Freyd continued his clandestine patronage of Ren's shop in the hopes that they would continue to bear fruit and foster the growth of new players.  Stationing an agent to watch his back had also kept opportunistic riff-raff and a few disgruntled neighbours off his back, to good effect.  'Plans within plans,' he thought, quoting one of his favourite novels, even as he spotted the gaggle of newbs gathering in Tomoika's square, two of them already known to him.  Not so newb no more.  Good.

Nodding as if just finishing a hands-free call, Freyd smiled from beneath his black trademark cowl, hints of his steel blue eyes glinting at them with mischievous mirth and fellowship as he approached.  Dressed in overly casual dark clothing that looked more like lounge wear than battle armor, he looked especially and deliberately under-dressed to be taking on what had once been called one of the most feared and ferocious mobs outside of a labyrinth, anywhere in Aincrad.  Only the black-on-black, void-like ribbon wraps tied meticulously around his palms belied an otherwise informal and falsely irreverent appearance.  No one takes the fool seriously.  It was a lesson taken to heart.

"You've both been busy," he began, nodding in satisfied admiration at the visible changes in Wulfrin and Ciela's gear and demeanor.  The Whisper's trade was appraisal, but he worked hard to extend that talent to measuring players as well as their gear.  It frequently proved a more useful tool and application than merely for bartering wares.  The newcomer quickly drew his attention, and especially her notably unconventional charm.

"Who might this be?  Another new companion?"  

First meetings were so important, and carried their own formal cadence, especially in Japanese culture.  How each participant to the conversation replied would reveal much about themselves, their backgrounds, and their facades.  Or, he could just be stuffing his foot in his mouth.  Either worked.  Fools never need to be perfect, and should actively avoid any such impression.

Edited by Freyd

"Her name is Nymoria," Wulfrin said with a smile. "She's new, but has been making an insane amount of progress lately. It might be best to remove your cowl for  this adventure. She is hearing impaired, and being able to see your lips can help her better understand what you're saying."

"Nymoria," He said making direct eye contact and ensuring he spoke clearly enough to be read. "This is Freyd. His appearance might initially be a bit on the harsh side, but he is actually a nice guy once you get to know him."

"You mentioned betraying a king?" Wulfrin questioned as he turned his focus to Freyd. "What king are we betraying and do we have a plan as to how we are going to do it? I came as prepared as I could for a fight, but just want to go in with as much info as we can get."

Edited by Wulfrin
Fixed Name spelling again

Nymoria gave a quick wave in greeting towards Ciela as the knightess signed towards her. She giggled slightly at the question, giving a half shrug before signing back to Ciela with quick motions. Wulfrin sent me a message. Said to come because there was something you needed help with, so I came as fast as I could. He never did say what we were doing, though.

She turned as Wulfrin began to introduce her to the cowl covered individual standing slightly off to the side. Nymoria gave a bow in greeting to the individual, her hands moving as she stood up once more. She couldn't see his face, making her uncertain as to where his eyes were looking, but she assumed that he would be able to hear the voice in his head that all players seemed to hear whenever she signed within their eyesight. It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Nymoria, spelt with the symbols for 'broken' and 'flower'. I look forward to working together, although I must admit I wasn't informed as to why we would be coming together today.

Her gaze shifted as Wulfrin's voice spoke once more, and she pushed her hair back a bit to allow the hearing aid more air to catch what he was saying. She still hadn't quite figured out if it actually helped, or if her attention to lip reading was the real cause for her understanding of others, but as she glanced at the red coated man's face, the words jumped into her mind with clarity. She tilted her head to the side, motioning with her hands in response to the commentary. We're going to betray a king? Did something happen?

"Yeah, we've been power leveling. At least Wulfrin has been attempting to power level me. The armor was actually a gift from him after one of our quests, he used it in place of flowers." She giggled, knowing she'd probably be embarrassing Wulfrin. "It was really cute." Ciela held up her sea otter. "I also got a familiar! Her name is Perlita." She placed her sea otter friend down on the ground once more and gave her a treat. She made sure not to forget treats for the others, she gave Solaris a little fish cookie. "Here you go Persi, I know it's probably not gonna beat your favorite but I know you like honey buns." She smiled and gave Persi a honey bun from her little snack stash. 

"Alright, so are we betraying a king? I feel like that's gonna go well. No wonder what Freyd has in store for us." She looked over to her shadowy friend. 

Posted (edited)

In a surprising act of courtesy for someone renown for irreverence, Freyd actually pulled back his trademark cowl to expose an unruly mop of black hair slovenly draped over a pair of piercing blue eyes.  Slender, arched brows gave him a slightly predatory appearance, but his face was otherwise surprisingly commonplace.  

"Erm... I'm pretty sure the king is the one that did said betraying, actually," he offered Wulfrin, eyes boggling a bit by way of explanation, "but the quest provides little to no detail.  It might explain the dilapidated castle motif and bloodstained upholstery surrounding his throne.  Just a guess."

Offering a short, informal bow in response to Nymoria's introduction, he made sure to wait until the action was complete before responding to other outstanding queries.

"We're going to challenge the Forgotten Time King, or FTK, as some prefer to call him.  He used to be considered one of the game's most dangerous mobs, but seems to have suffered some setbacks on that count since the last patch."  He shrugged, as if there was no other way to explain it.  "For all we know, this whole simulation has been running for years without any downtime maintenance.  Maybe his code is just breaking down over time?"

Ciela's gift of armor brought a mischievous grin to the Whisper's plain face.

"Functional.  I like it.  Dude must really have a hots for you," he added with a wink.  "If a guy brings you a box of chocolates, he's either inept or desperate.  If he fixes your car or brings you housewear or defrags your hard drive, those are signs of true love."  He completely left out how he'd randomly given Elora a copper rose during one of their first encounters, having no idea the significance it would later come to hold.  Such admissions were far too sappy for a proper ribbing, and the two neo-novices had certainly seemed to be spending a lot of time together.  Best to just tease them a bit and let nature take its course.  Having just discovered the power such feelings could evoke, he would hardly interfere or deny them the same hope and opportunity.

A small shadow stirred in his resting cowl at the offer of treats from Ciela, Persi's azure eyes with telltale horizontal slot irises glimmering from within the folds.  Darting out from beneath Freyd's hoody the instant the honey bun was revealed, the inky mongoose devoured every crumb before perching herself on hind legs and observing the newly-minted sea otter counterpart.  Freyd couldn't help but wonder whether they were secretly sharing war stories on some familiar-only chat channel that their owners could never access.

"Right... so... FTK.  Yeah.  Just make sure he stays focused on me and everything will be fine.  Probably... mostly.   Err.. he's this way."  Leading them through the twisted mine-cart strewn pathways and tunnels of Tomoika, Freyd soon had them passing beyond the gates and into the wilds of floor twenty one.  

"Don't go that way," he added, pointing towards a series of darkened tunnels overrun with iridescent blue webs and replete with glowing red eyes sequestered behind them.  "Chittering Halls, or somesuch.  Lots of badness.  Good for loot, though.  We can hit that another time."  Traveling with speed and purpose, Freyd led them to the appointed site while purposely avoid other potential hazards.  It was plainly obvious that he'd spent more time than most scouting or scouring this floor.

"Honey!  I'm home!"  Cheerful words echoed hollowly off scorched walls now barely more than barren stone marred by the trappings of strife. Striding unceremoniously as they passed beneath the barbican and making their way towards the central keep, their odd guide paid no heed to the dozens of corpses strewn about the courtyard, many clad in armor or sharing their weapons with each other in most unsportsmanlike manners.  A coup seemed the most likely inference, especially since what little remained of their clothing matched in the ways that mattered.

"Oh, thank goodness.  Bob!  You're still here."  A lone figure slumped in its throne failed to stir, the spear thrust through its chest and piercing beyond the wood chairback made sure it wouldn't topple over.  Bones from a more regal figure laid slumped and partially toppled down the dais at its feet.  "It's that time again, friendo.  And I'm pretty sure you already shit yourself, so it's long past due that you got off the throne."

As if on queue, baleful blue fire sparked to unlife within the dead thing's mostly skinless skull, a rictus grin offered as its only response as it pulled itself off the implement of its mortal doom, ready to add to the local body count.

"Just give us a minute, would you?" Freyd's shadow stood in his place, the man himself having somehow already traveled across the room to piledrive the epic-looking baddie from behind.  Sadly, the would-be King was not amused and whirled with uncanny speed to smash and splatter the sprawling Whisper into the far wall.

"Ouch.  Make that two minutes."

Spoiler

Post Action | TECH-D (x12, 12 EN): 12 EN - (Rested 2/2; Stamina) = 9 EN.  (miss.  replace with -2 EN)
Free Action | None

ID #222778 | BD: 1 (miss).  (CD 10 | ST-B unlocked)

Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 152/154 (154-2) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 7 | ACC: 5 | BH: 73 | LD: 6 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 32 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
Wulfrin | 
HP: 490/490 | EN: 64/64 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 5 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3 | TXC VNM: 24
Nymoria | HP [200/200] | EN [38/38] | ACC [3] | DMG [9] | MIT [34] | BH [+6] 
KnightessCiela | HP: 290/290 | EN: 44/44 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 4 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

(1,0,0,0) The Forgotten Time King | HP: 3000/3000 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3

• Forgotten King's Authority | This boss is immune to debuffs and disablements.

Edited by Freyd

The action wasn't lost on Nymoria, and she gave a quick chopping motion with her right hand, on top of her the backside of her flatly laid out left hand, her eyes locked on Freyd's as she made the motion in order to ensure that he saw it. Thank you.

She fell silent as the others began talking among one another, content to simply watch and readlisten to their conversation. She had little input to provide as the topic turned to a more romantic matter, a fact of life that she felt she had entirely missed. Or, at least, that she had never truly been apart of in a meaningful matter. Instead, she found herself making mental notes of the information that Freyd shared, and the ways in which Ciela and Wulfrin seemed to glance at one another every so often. Even to her amateur eyes, it was obvious that something had occurred between the two of them; whether it was apparent to everyone or not was a bigger question, but she knew that she at least would never speak their secret to anyone else.

As the mention of familiar came up, Nymoria suddenly excitedly began tapping the left side of her shoulder, glancing down at the pocket on the front of the white shirt she wore beneath the pink tinged chestplate. Slowly, as if reluctant to pull itself from whatever measure of rest it had been in, the small weasel's face appeared. Beady black eyes blinked against the light, and a small tongue flicked out between teeth opening in a large yawn considering it's tiny size. Hands waving in excitement, Nymoria worked to introduce the creature to the others. This is Musei! He and I met on the plains the other day, and we've been together since then. He is a wonderful little guy who spends half his time sleeping, and the other half caring for me. Say hi Musei!

With the latter half clearly directed at the weasel, the creature let out of a sudden odd sounding croaking squeak, a sound clearly uncommon for the type of animal that it was. Nymoria's hands moved quickly again as she continued her commentary. He's unable to communicate normally, due to under developed or broken vocal cords. But when he does speak it's a wonderful reminder that we don't all need to be perfect in order to be who we are, perfectly.

As they made their way through the area, she watched as Freyd pointed down a path, almost heading down it as she didn't hear his direction to avoid it. It was only as she stepped away towards the path that she realised none of the others had made the same turning movement, instead carrying onwards in the direction that they had been heading. She quickly spun around, moving with hurried steps to catch up to the others as a flush of embarrassment spread across her face at the near mistake. 

The final destination was a lot more chamber like than Nymoria had expected, and as Freyd approached to speak to the individual upon the throne, Nymoria felt a sudden dread pass over her. Her hands grasped the pink wrapped hilt of her sabre, but as she drew the weapon she found arm and blade shaking in fear, her eyes wide as she realised a sudden flaw. The silence of the room pressed down on her, and as she stood there, she quickly realised that she couldn't move - the sight of the imposing figure, the deafening silence pressing in, and the realisation of her own incapability locking her into place.

Combat

FreydHP: 1334/1334 | EN: 152/154 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 7 | ACC: 5 | BH: 73 | LD: 6 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 32 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
WulfrinHP: 490/490 | EN: 64/64 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 5 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3 | TXC VNM: 24
NymoriaHP [200/200] | EN [38/38] | ACC [3] | DMG [9] | MIT [34] | BH [+6] 
KnightessCiela | HP: 290/290 | EN: 44/44 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 4 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

(1,0,0,0) The Forgotten Time King | HP: 3000/3000 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3
Forgotten King's Authority | This boss is immune to debuffs and disablements.

Nymoria stares in confusion and fear.

Ciela looked to Wulfrin, wondering if it was true love. It definitely felt like it to her. She snapped herself back to reality once Freyd began speaking again.

Ciela watched astonished as Freyd missed his attack. She thought to herself, "Oh god, he can miss?" She knew how this worked, knowing that if she attacked she would get absolutely bodied by the boss. She stayed back and pulled her book out and began reading. She wasn't going to risk it for this biscuit, no siree. She looked over to Nymoria, who looked scared out of her wits. She signed, "Hey Nymoria, it's fine. Freyd is one of the strongest players I personally know. He's got this." She knew that was true in the back of her mind and in her heart. Freyd absolutely had this. He was just having a bit of bad luck, and she knew all too well what bad luck had in store. "Get em Freyd! You got this!" She cheered him on, hoping to boost morale a bit.

Post Action: Reads romance novel
Free Action: None

Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 152/154 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 7 | ACC: 5 | BH: 73 | LD: 6 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 32 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
Wulfrin | HP: 490/490 | EN: 64/64 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 5 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3 | TXC VNM: 24
Nymoria | HP [200/200] | EN [38/38] | ACC [3] | DMG [9] | MIT [34] | BH [+6] 
KnightessCiela | HP: 290/290 | EN: 44/44 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 4 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

(1,0,0,0The Forgotten Time King | HP: 3000/3000 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3
Forgotten King's Authority | This boss is immune to debuffs and disablements

Wulfrin casually drew his sword as the party approached the dilapidated throne room. As was the usual for boss kills for experience, Freyd was in the lead. As casually as Wulfrin had witnessed before, Freyd waltzed into the room like he owned the place. A bold move considering the palace's owner sat in their throne, a massive great sword at their side. Wulfrin wasn't an appraiser, but he did know blades. This one in particular looked like it had seem countless battles, likely with other less prepared players than themselves. What was odd to Wulfrin's initial scan of the room. Typically you couldn't get this close to a monarch without going through a large number of guards. This one was eerily unguarded.

The king himself? Well let's just say Forgotten Time King was a fitting description. The fabled boss of this quest was adorned in rather simple robes that had eroded away with time to almost completely rotten rags. A jagged iron crown poked out from beneath the long and wispy white hair that fell past their withered shoulders. The monarch looked like a fruit that had been left to wrinkle up and spoil for far to long. Yet as Freyd made his way in the King arose and carried himself with as much vigor as he would have in his prime.

Freyd rushed in, spouting off some one liner before lunging toward The Forgotten Time King. The multiple health bars appeared just above the boss's head, confirming to Wulfrin this boss would be more of a fight than he had seen before. He did notice something odd. Usually Freyd would open with some sort of stun attack using Persi, but the shadow mongoose didn't so much as appear. Freyd was in full offense mode, a stance he had only seen during the battle with the boss of Cave of Wonders. However, Freyd's strike was easily sidestepped by their kingly foe.

For a brief moment, Wulfrin contemplated stepping forward and charging in, but as he made the move, Freyd simply raised a hand signaling the group not to move. As he did The Forgotten Time king picked up their heavy great sword and swiped towards Freyd. The impact was so strong that it echoed throughout the entirety of the chamber. Freyd was sent flying into the wall behind the throne as FTK finished their follow through.

"Freyd!" Wulfrin shouted over the echoing impact. "You alright?" Wulfrin gave a whistle. "Solaris! Take Flight!" Wulfrin and his phoenix familiar charged in to help his injured mentor.

Spoiler

Post Action: Awaiting Instruction

Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 152/154 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 7 | ACC: 5 | BH: 73 | LD: 6 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 32 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
Wulfrin | HP: 490/490 | EN: 64/64 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 5 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3 | TXC VNM: 24
KnightessCiela | HP: 290/290 | EN: 44/44 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 4 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

FTK attacks Freyd

ID: 222843 | BD: 10 (+2 DMG) | DMG 277 - 105 = 172 To Freyd

Freyd | HP: 1162/1334 (1334-172) | EN: 152/154 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 7 | ACC: 5 | BH: 73 | LD: 6 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 32 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

"Damnit, Bob..."  The words were somewhat muted by Freyd's face currently being embedded in the previously solid stone wall at the rear of the chamber.  Peeling himself out of a personally stylized crater, the lanky Whisper staggered for a step or two while trying to get the duplicate mobs in his wobbly vision to recombine into one for targeting purposes.

"We've talked about this, at length, Bob.  Manners maketh the man.  So man up!" Stumbling while reaching into his cowl, the feign instantly turned to recovery only to launch a very startled inky black mass from its comfy sleeping quarters straight at the boss mob's face.  Splattering against the King's decrepit chest plate with a dull 'thud', Persi's outrage manifest as a whirling maelstrom of shadowy teeth and claws that proved completely ineffective against the villain's unnatural resilience.  This only made her madder. 

Palming her entire head with his giant gauntleted hand, the irate familiar was just as soon flung aside with disdainful disinterest, her pride tumbling to the floor and coming to rest upright at Nymoria's feet.  Though her blue eyes blazed with indignation at the prospect of having been so casually dismissed, there was little more she could do.  But, Persi had already served her purpose.

Swiveling its skull back towards Freyd's point of impact, its gaze returned just in time for introductions with the Whisper's punitive fist.  Not quite as potent as the blow he'd just absorbed, Freyd's intentions were less direct and obvious.  The strike wasn't meant to kill, but rather stagger the target back through Freyd's waiting shadow, which stood waiting behind it with open arms. His fellow party members would see injury vanish as the shade partook of the larger mob's essence by mere passage and somehow restored it to its master instead.  In a blink, Freyd was back up to full health.

"You can make amends by kindly playing the part of pincushion for my friends here," he added, rolling his shoulder as if loosening up, and seemingly wholly recovered from his rocky start to the fray.  "They came a long way to see you and deserve a proper show."

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
Freyd regains 73 HP from BH
CD 6 (No REC proc) ID #222895
CD 7 (+146 VD proc) ID #222896

Post Action | ST-B (x20, 20 EN): 20 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 17 EN.  
Free Action | None

ID #222897 | BD:2+5=7 (hit).  DMG (20*24=480-100=380) vs FTK

Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 (1162+73+146) | EN: 139/154 (152+4-17) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 7 | ACC: 5 | BH: 73 | LD: 6 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 32 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146

(3,0,0,0The Forgotten Time King | HP: 2620/3000 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 (3000-380)

Edited by Freyd

Her breathing came in ragged gasps as she stared at the thing, her mind reeling as she registered the dangers it presented, and the fact that their entourage had missed his attack. She could feel the entirety of the situation pressing in on her, and it was only through a flurry of movement that she was pulled from the piling despair that was attempting to cover her and tear her away. Her eyes turned to focus on Ciela, her mind slow to register the fact that the woman had signed to her, the movements somehow both familiar and unfamiliar. It's fine. Freyd is strong. Freyd is capable...Freyd missed though. But..look! He hit it! And look at how much damage he did! It's fine...so long as I don't...

Her body moved automatically, the sabre drawn from the sheath even as she stepped forwards to meet the thing they were fighting. She had no doubts that it was well beyond her skill, and that if it turned even a precursor of a glance in her direction, that there was a strong chance that she would be killed on the spot. Still, something about the way in which Freyd had rushed forwards, the way in which Ciela had tried to comfort her, and the entirety of the quest itself had gotten to her. Her breathing slowed, just enough to be considered calmer, although not calm in and of itself.

Her movements, although likely normal in appearance and speed to those around her, felt sluggish and slow to her own mind. The sabre moved with deliberation, the blade seeming to cut through the air as it would through some form of jelly or gel. Even as she proceeded with her attempt to strike the King, she felt her mind questioning every action. What am I doing? This is something beyond me! I'm not even going to hurt it. All I'm doing is drawing it's eyes on me. I should leave this to...to them...but then I'm no better than I was... The blade followed through, and even as she spun with it slightly to the side, she found herself typing, her fingers flying across keyboard and sending out a message to the party as she finished her attempted attack on the King.

To: Freyd; Ciela; Wulfin
I'm done, go! Help him!

Combat

FreydHP: 1334/1334 | EN: 139/154 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 7 | ACC: 5 | BH: 73 | LD: 6 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 32 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
WulfrinHP: 490/490 | EN: 64/64 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 5 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3 | TXC VNM: 24
NymoriaHP [200/200] | EN [36/38] | ACC [3] | DMG [9] | MIT [34] | BH [+6] | -2 EN

(3,0,0,0) The Forgotten Time King | HP: 3000/3000 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3

ID223023 | BD: 1+3=4 | <<ST-I vs. The Forgotten Time King>> | Critical Miss [-2 EN]

Edited by Nymoria

Ciela was more than slightly baffled when Freyd stated that the king's name was Bob. "Is that just a nickname for him or is that actually his name? If that's legitimately his name that is really funny."

Ciela responded to the message sent by Nymoria, "I'll try. Wulfrin is our second best bet for actually doing damage to the king."

Ciela dashed toward the forgotten king. Activating her sword art at just the right moment as she laid her blow into him like a very small knife cutting through a very large very thick stick of butter. She knew he wouldn't take much damage due to her low damage output and he probably had stupid high mitigation. She was more focused on taking blows not dealing them. She assumed she had the lowest damage output of the four of them.

Ciela stepped back to her compatriots. She looked at the king then over to Wulfrin, "You got this babe, I believe in you." As she spoke she gave him a thumbs up and a smile.

Spoiler

KnightessCiela vs Forgotten Time King
Post Action: ST-I vs Time King [x8] (8 EN)

ID: 223066 | BD: 2 (4 ACC) = 6 | DMG: 64 (8*8) - 100 MIT = 1 min DMG

Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 139/154 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 7 | ACC: 5 | BH: 73 | LD: 6 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 32 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
Wulfrin HP: 490/490 | EN: 64/64 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 5 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3 | TXC VNM: 24
Nymoria | HP [200/200] | EN [36/38] | ACC [3] | DMG [9] | MIT [34] | BH [+6] | -2 EN
KnightessCiela | HP: 290/290 | EN: 38/44 (44-8) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 4 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

(3,0,0,1The Forgotten Time King | HP: 2,619/3000 (2620-1) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin was already in motion. After seeing Freyd get absolutely thrown around by The Forgotten Time King, Wulfrin had chosen action. He became a blur of crimson streaking towards his foe with tremendous speed.  He blade shined with the brilliant light of a sword art. The combination of hits, each with their own powerful force behind them, collided with FTK. As the combo came to a close, a short crisp whistle could be heard echoing through the chamber. The phoenix Solaris, already a streak of flames orbiting the throne room changed target and flew directly toward FTK. Solaris keen to provide an additional distraction.

The Time King took no head to the barrage of strikes form the duo and continued to stomp towards Freyd, essentially undoing Wulfrin's attempt to provide Freyd an opening. In a wide arc, FTK swung their large blade back towards The Whisper. Freyd was prepared for this one, effortlessly dodging the arc like some deadly game of limbo. Double checking the health bars, Wulfrin and Freyd were the most effective in the damage category, but there was still an enormous amount of HP left to chew through. Wulfrin stood side by side with Freyd,ready to unleash another volley of attacks.

"We've got this," Wulfrin gave Freyd a two finger salute. "I've got your six. Give 'em hell."

Spoiler

Recovery: None
Wulfrin is at full energy
Cooldowns: None

Post Action: ST-I vs Time King (x12, 12 EN) -2 Stamina -1 Rested (2/2) = 9 EN
Free Action: Rending Familiar [21 Damage]

ID: 223066 | BD: 8+5=13 hit | CD: 11 | DMG: 20*12 = 240 - 100 = 140 DMG to FTK | ST-B unlocked

Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 139/154 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 7 | ACC: 5 | BH: 73 | LD: 6 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 32 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
Wulfrin HP: 490/490 | EN: 55/64 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 5 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3 | TXC VNM: 24
Nymoria | HP [200/200] | EN [36/38] | ACC [3] | DMG [9] | MIT [34] | BH [+6] | -2 EN
KnightessCiela | HP: 290/290 | EN: 38/44 (44-8) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 4 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

(3,1,0,1The Forgotten Time King | HP: 2479/3000 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 (2619-140) | REND 21 (0/2)

FTK attacks Freyd. FTK takes 21 Damage from Rend

ID: 223068 | MD: 4+3=7-7=0 miss | No damage to Freyd

Wulfrin HP: 490/490 | EN: 55/64 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 5 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3 | TXC VNM: 24

(3,1,0,1The Forgotten Time King | HP: 2458/3000 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 (2479-21) | REND 21 (1/2)

Edited by Wulfrin

Watching as dizzying motion whirled around the lumbering undead mob, Freyd's HUD spawned its own secondary layer, as if the machine mind within himself could further deconstruct each element and action.  Vectors and trajectories played out a projected potential, each analyzed and countered a dozen times over even as his limbs and torso took corresponding action.  He'd always been good with numbers, coolly calculating even under the most dire circumstances and blithely setting aside any emotional influence.  The Whisper's fury was dire by the utter cold and ruthlessness of its nature, and the precision of its application.

There.

A gentle tap on the wrist from an open palm skewed the mob's angle of attack by the merest fraction of degree.  It was enough to foster an opening just wide enough to sidestep under the monster's guard, brace his lower body and deliver a cutthroat strike with full force straight into the King's centre mass.  Samael's Pride obliged, both handwraps flaring blinding white as a pulse of purest force and energy was forcefully expelled and launched his enemy across the room with the concussive force of a miniature supernova.  It was the King's turn to leave his imprint on the wall, several bits of his dilapidated armor having been strewn and scattered all over the surround floor along the way.

"Better," Freyd mumbled to himself, content to have rediscovered his mojo and finally turned the tide.  "Might have been better yet if I'd actually remembered that you can't shatter his dumb ass."

No sooner spoken than the scattered armor floated back to the FTK-shaped impact crater to reform the boss' defenses.  Widening his stance and extending a hand in his best Morpheus guise, Freyd leaned into the borrowed imagery, hard.

"Bring it, Bob."  His fingertips beckoned the enemy to right itself and give him its best shot.

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
CD 1 (No REC proc) ID #223097

Post Action | TECH-D (x12, 12 EN): 12 EN - (Stamina) = 10 EN. 
Free Action | None

ID #223098 | BD: 9 (Crit +2, Holy +16).  DMG (12*42=504-100=404) vs FTK. TXV applied.  Immune to Shatter (Doh!) (CD 11 | ST-B unlocked)

Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 133/154 (139+4-10) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 7 | ACC: 5 | BH: 73 | LD: 6 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 32 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
KnightessCiela | HP: 290/290 | EN: 38/44 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 4 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

(6,1,0,1The Forgotten Time King | HP: 2054/3000 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 100  | ACC: 3 | REND 21 (1/2) | TXV 32 (0/3) (2458-404)

Edited by Freyd

Blurs of motion and barely decipherable sounds flowed around Nymoria as she watched in awe at the teamwork and cooperation of the other players. Tinges of jealousy, and another feeling she couldn't quite put a name to touched her as she realised that she was well out of her depths. Determined to do as much as she could, she positioned herself in a way that she would remain outside of Freyd and Wulfrin's movements, standing across from Ciela so that the tank could see her whenever she signed quickly.

They have this. She gave a quick flow of her hands, the sabre bouncing in her right as she made the movements, having waited until the tank glanced her way. Nodding towards the King, she smiled before making another collection of motions towards the tank, uncertain whether the two men would even notice her mid-combat conversation. Not like we're doing much here. Or me, at least. Let's do our best now!

As if trying to convince herself, she suddenly rushed forward, determined not to be entirely useless in the fight. She may not have been the most successful team member for coordination and communication, but she knew her role when it came to fighting - and so long as she kept an eye on the others, she figured she could at least stay out of their way enough to not cause any hindrances.

Combat

FreydHP: 1334/1334 | EN: 133/154 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 7 | ACC: 5 | BH: 73 | LD: 6 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 32 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
WulfrinHP: 490/490 | EN: 55/64 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 5 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3 | TXC VNM: 24
NymoriaHP [200/200] | EN [36/38] | ACC [3] | DMG [9] | MIT [34] | BH [+6] | +2 EN-2 EN
KnightessCiela | HP: 290/290 | EN: 38/44 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 4 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

(6,1,0,1) The Forgotten Time King | HP: 2054/3000 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3

ID223135 | BD: 1+3=4 | <<ST-I vs. The Forgotten Time King>> | Critical Miss [-2 EN]

Edited by Nymoria