[PP-F1] Test of Steel (Koutei, Katharine, Archer)

"Garlic Bread... My favorite!" I said while chomping on a piece. "I haven't had any since..." I stopped, and didn't finish my sentence.

As usual, Kat's cooking hit the spot, amazing taste filling my mouth with every bite. "You know, I could eat your food for every meal of every day of the rest of my life and I wouldn't complain once. If gods exist, I'm sure this kind of food is what they eat." I laughed, grinning madly.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well of course I'm going to compliment you when you cook food this good." I replied in a matter-of-fact tone. I smiled as I watched her giggle and blush. I thought it was extremely cute and I couldn't take my eyes off her. Though, I didn't say it out loud, partly because Archer was sitting right next to me and partly because Kat would probably hit me if I said that.

Archer laughed as Kat mentioned they ate like pigs "Sorry the foods too good and I'm so hungry" she said finishing off the wrap and sighing as place her hands behind her leaning back watching Koutei and Kat. She raised her eyebrows thoughtfully debating whether she should take her leave now and give the two some time alone or stay, she decided on staying it might get awkward if they started to talk about what previously happened. Archer shrugged taking a bottle of lemonade and sipping it happily as she took in the beautiful scenery around them. "I never knew a virtual world could be so pretty" she commented vaguely taking another sip of her drink.

I accepted the duel request she sent me. I grabbed my Shadow's Alloy from my back and spun it a few times by its hilt before catching it with a firm grip and taking a battle stance. "Good luck, though I'll be the one needing it." I teased as the timer got closer and closer to 0.

I grunted a bit as I felt the pain from my hand, but didn't show it. I won't let something silly like that hold me down...

I unsheathed my rapier, and made a battle stance and waited the time to hit 0. As I was waiting, I noticed Koutei grunted in pain when he had clenched his sword.

'Wait...Could it because of?...' I thought to myself, before turning serious and charged when the timer hit 0.

"Linear!" I screamed, and my blade was completely enveloped into a pink light.

Archer was busy finishing of another wrap when Koutei challenged Kat to another duel. Archer laughed, seemed he was eager for a rematch. She gave the two a thumbs up as they got ready to battle it out again "Good luck guys!" she yelled wondering who would be the winner of this battle. She took a noisy sip of her lemonade smiling good food always made things better. "Fighto!" she yelled stopping as she got an odd sense of deja-vu. "Urgh hate deja-vu it's so weird" she said pulling a face before turning her attention back to the battle as Kat prepared to strike.

Kat charged at me and activated a sword skill the moment the timer hit 0. I went to block it with my own sword and the familiar sound of clashing steel could be heard. I grunted as the force of the hit made the pain in my hand sting even more. The sudden pain made me let go of my blade and Kat's rapier followed through, hitting me and winning the duel.

I looked down at my hand. My wound must've reopened in the fight because fresh blood was seeping through the bandages. "Maybe that wasn't such a good idea after all..." I'd tried acting tough and it clearly didn't go so well. "Well Kat, clearly I'm unfit to fight you in my current state, though we will duel again some day and when we do, you better be ready to lose." I teased her confidently. I smiled and winked at her as I picked up my sword and put it on my back.

"Maybe you're the one being too confident." I teased her. "I'll get stronger. I'm sure of it."

I looked down and noticed my cloak had been cut in the fight. "Aw, geez..." Actually, come to think of it, I have been in need of a new cloak. I guess this finally gives me a reason to get it. "Hey Kat, you wouldn't happen to know any good tailors, would you?" I asked, holding my damaged cloak in my hand.

"Extremely famous?" I said with a confused look. "Never heard of her..." I didn't really pay much attention to others, so the only people I actually knew about are those on my friend list. "But if she's that famous, I guess she must be pretty good at her job. Could you take me to her? If you don't mind, that is..." I asked with a smirk.