[PP FL1] Tears [Mitoko]

Outside of the starting city, Rin had been casually walking along the cobblestone paths that traders had used to have their items come in and out. It wasn't particularly busy that day and he had time to gaze upon the open fields of the first floor. In the distance there were people fighting boars and people having lunches together. It wasn't long before he spotted something out of the ordinary though. Peering passed his red tresses, he had noticed there was a fallen player. His optics kicked in and he noticed as well that this player had suffered a good amount of damage to their health. A frown displayed across his features as he picked up the pace to aid that player. Actually it was more like to berate the player for being stupid and not taking care of his health while knowing that they were trapped in the game.

Once he reached his destination, he looked at the kid on the ground dirtied up with mud and dry hoof prints on his chest." Hey dummy." He nearly shouted at the kid." You're supposed to heal yourself when you get that low, idiot." Despite his harsh words, Rin bent down and picked the kid up dusting off his armor. " You need to not get yourself killed here, moron." He frowned as he looked at the kid making sure he was all right. Without another second thought, he pushed the kid to the city watching him stumble a bit." Get outta here before you end up ruining the rest of your day by making your parents cry for seeing their sorry excuse of a kid get himself killed." A pure mixture of words and actions difficult to decipher but Rin always meant well. His language, however, needed a bit of fine tuning.

Sigh was given as he managed to walk again without a second warning and was off back to the main city. He had yet to run into the girl that he was looking for. "This day sucks. "

The hooded figure panicked as she clenched her fists, looking at the crowd with widened eyes... trying her hardest to breathe comfortably when in front of all these people. "My skin... it feels like I'm being pricked by a thousand needles! It really hurts to be honest. As always, breathing became hard again. What should I do now? M-Maybe I shouldn't stick around too long! I can't stay out in the fields either... it's not fun. And I really wonder what Kaito is doing at this hour. Oh Kaito, please don't do anything reckless! Murdering a player was far too erratic of you. P-Please be okay!" All of these jumbled thoughts moved through her head as she tried her hardest to suppress what she knew were tears welling at the rims of her eyes. Mitoko was always this darn emotional, she couldn't help but worry about one of the closest and important people to her.

The white and red feathered exotic bird-like creature gently pecked at her and tilted its head to the side in the most adorable way ever possible. "Roro," she'd nod with a warm hearted smile that resembled innocence, gently stroking it's fur as she took a few deep breaths, thinking of positive quotes as she'd giggle, already feeling the heavy weight lift off of her shoulders miraculously. "This is an obstacle I must overcome. I'll make mama and Kaito proud of me," the pink haired teenager whispered softly while turning on her heels and continuing on her stroll down the ever so familiar sidewalks of "The Town Of Beginnings". She had remembered dwelling within this safe haven for quite a while, afraid to make a move in this frightening world. She was naturally scared of it all. How she ever wanted to be in a world like this was something she couldn't comprehend herself.

Her crimson red eyes widened as they had heard a rough voice speak out somewhere in the crowd, one she could pick out from all of these voices. She didn't really know why however... it seemed so familiar, yet she couldn't exactly figure out what was so familiar about it. And surely her eyes moved to look at a tall red headed character who had been scolding a player who seemed like they hadn't known much about this world, just like her. She would move closer towards, him... yet not so close to seem like she had been approaching. "I-I know- I'm being delusional yet again it seems. It couldn't be that horrible man!" She inhaled sharply while watching as the smaller boy ran away quickly, leaving the red haired man alone. Her eyes softened lightly in confusion while she had walked by him, feeling a slight jolt of electricity as their eyes had met. She gulped and looked at the ground while walking on, unsure of why she would feel so uneasy from looking into those blood red eyes.

Crimson orbs simply scanned the surveying area after the boy had run away. Sure he had a rough voice and tone but the nature behind the words were mixed up a bit. He shook his head as the kid ran off and he shouted at the kid." BE CAREFUL NEXT TIME NUMBSKULL!" He voiced it very loud and clear. He closed his eyes and muttered some profanity before looking up at the girl who he ran by. An instant pang of fear shot through him and his crimson orbs seemed to widen at the fact he was staring face to face with the girl of his dreams... and nightmares for that matter. God damn it.. he swore in his head. He wasn't even prepared today. That kid had thrown him for a loop and without realizing it, he reached into his pocket automatically pulling out a letter. His body reacted in a fashion that seemed natural, but only because he had practiced day by day in the real world for so long. The letter wasn't the same but none the less it had its true and original purpose.

His teeth grit and he balled up his fist squeezing that letter. It was all accidental and of course would be legible but she could of asked him to read it. The ball of nervousness formed inside his gut as he felt the calm composure of his simply melt away into a wreck. He opened his mouth and pointed at the girl. " Mitoko!" He shouted her name" I know its you..." His rough voice seemed to crack under pressure." I have something for you.." His aggressive nature seemed tamed now confronted with this dire situation. Sweat seemed to form from his face as he bit down on his lower lip.

His feet moved towards her with a genuine robotic feeling. The idea of him being nervous? Please.. this was outrageous. But it was her. The girl whom he had looked forward to as a personal goal. To confront his sorrow and to confront his feelings about her. Well not his feelings but thats another story.." I need to tell you.. something.." His voice softened to a bit of a whisper. His body was losing confidence at a rapid rate. He was going to swallow every bit of his pride for this one moment to release him from years of guilt.

Her eyes had widened in shock as she had paused in her tracks, standing still and frozen for a few. She had been almost blank... not having any thought in her mind, but she knew she had been in the state of panic. She had come face to face with the very same man who had crushed her confidence into oblivion. It had been because of the people like him that she had developed such a fearful insight of society. "Haven't you done enough? You can't hurt me anymore... I won't let you!" she'd yell, but in a low tone that would not attract so much attention from everyone else. Mitoko backed up and shook her head, trying not to remember all those times from the past. "Go- if I listen to you... get off my case. P-Please it's the least I can ask from you," she quietly stuttered as her voice had been barely audible, stuck in her throat. She'd struggle to speak louder, but couldn't find it in herself no matter how hard she had tried to. "What's that note say? I doubt it's anything nice in any way. Probably some hurtful words." She looked up at him with hateful eyes, mixed in with fear and confusion.

All those words she said to him, he had deserved every last one.He couldn't help but wince at the words she had been yelling at him. Face the victim and take their rage and frustration and turn it around into something else. Those were the words of the exercises he had learned in his classes. His face tensed up bit as he saw the hatred from her eyes. No worse than the wear, he thought. It was a simple case and point that he had to take care of his consequences. Variety of thoughts ran in his head telling him to do this or run or even just... straight up go fight a boar. Be ADHD or something. But he couldn't prolong this.

He took long strides to her and finally he stood in front of her. Her words of telling him to go away had no effect to him as he stood there breathing calmly. It was an eerie calm that came before a storm type feeling. He went to hand her the letter and then stared at it. His crimson orbs softened at the letter and the words that were behind it. There were many things he could of done. He could of emailed her, sent the letter before she moved, or even now just hand it to her. He spoke in a soft voice as he dropped the letter to the ground. A gentle unheard voice from anyone. " I'm sorry... I'm sorry Mitoko Suzune. For all the years, I've tormented you.. made fun of your quiet nature... for your shyness. I'm sorry for those things and causing you pain and fear. I'm sorry for making those days of yours ruined. Those are days you will never get back to recreate. Even in dreams, you cannot recreate those days. I may be the nightmare that caused you to wake up in a sweat... and I am sorry for being that man. " He took a second to catch his breath and stared at the azure skies." I'm sorry I robbed you of having a good day back then. And I'm sorry I robbed you of anything that I may have done." He looked back down at her as he continued speaking." I'm not asking you to actually forgive me.. but I want you to know that the guilt I harbored for having done this to you has not gone without consequence. I wake up.. every day wondering why I did what I did to you. I dreamed every night of what you suffered. I day dream about you wondering why the bloody hell I wasn't nice. " He gritted his teeth." And you know what the shameful part was?" He balled his fist tightly shook his head." I just wanted you... to stand up. And not be afraid.. and to be my friend. I'm a backwards kinda guy.. Poor excuse after excuse. Just thought you should know.. why I was a no good bully. "

The world seemed heavy to him. His head felt heavy. His eyes felt heavy for some reason. Tears? Oh they felt good as they fell from his face. An uplifting feeling of guilt released. No matter how she responded he felt like a weight of a hundred sins had gotten off of him. Of course... he had to deal with her response.

She had gasped as she heard his words... shaking her head from side to side, trying not to fall for the trick. But when she had looked up, tears of sincerity had been flowing down his cheeks. They looked so real, she had to believe him even though. Mitoko's eyes softened as she had felt the need to forgive him for his faults. She was too kind hearted in nature, and couldn't stand seeing others unhappy, even if she usually was unhappy herself. Standing her ground, Mitoko tried her very hardest to speak up. "That seemed sincere enough. Promise to keep your word o-okay?" she'd smile with a half cheerful and touched expression. "I'll forgive you Rin Akagi, even though. And don't cry, it's so out of character!" She'd hesitate for a few... still feeling cautious, before moving closer towards him and gently lifting her hand up, wiping away his tears with a nod. "There's no need to be guilty. I'm sure you've had your reasons."

"Of all days, when I was trying to level up, an apology from a bully. I feel happier now, yet so confused. I guess I never have expected an apology from a big meanie. But I got one." "You forgive and you forget. That's how everything works in the book of virtues I suppose," she smiled with an almost lifeless laugh, trying so hard to process all of this through her mind.

The most unpredictable thing happened. Forgiveness. It was a blessing to hear those words even uttered as he simply looked down at the small framed girl. Her hand touched his face brushing those tears away and he simply blushed at the sheer fact that she had done so. He knew this was probably hard for her to accept. The way things were seemed surreal. He didn't even utter a word as he felt the heartbeat of his increase. It was a simple reaction from the emotions of a day. He had only truly felt this way when his mother died. He simply was amazed at the tolerance of this girl. But he felt that he hadn't earned his right for forgiveness just yet. He simply took her hand and placed it down to her side. "Thanks..but I think I need to earn my forgiveness.. if you need anything.." he opened up his menu and sent a friend request." Give me a shout. I'll come running and drop what I have to come to your aid." He gave her a firm nod. " And.. as for my reasons..." He didn't want to sound cliche about the I picked on you because I liked you excuse. It was indeed a way ." I can't tell ya.. its a bit embarrassing and I think a grown man crying is enough of embarrassment. " He gave a light laugh before shaking his head a bit." Mitoko Suzune.. I can't believe I found you." He started walking to the city again." Wanna get ramen? I'd like to ask you a few things before we part ways."

Mitoko nodded and jumped slightly when she had received a friend request. This had been one of her of her first requests... and making friends had always been something she thought over thoroughly to see "who they really are". "O-Okay," she smiled softly while hovering her index finger over the blue circular button which had meant accept. "It's okay Mitoko." Quickly she tapped accept and looked at the ground nervously, hearing closely as he'd speak to her. Eye contact had been something she grew to feel uncomfortable with in all these years. "Why does he sound so... different however? I can't get myself to believe completely that he IS the same person."

She started to childishly swing her arms which had been dangled by her sides, looking up at him and nodding. "I-I thought Kaito was tall... but this is l-like a skyscraper. I-I feel short n-now!" "Alright, that seems okay with me. Wh-wherever you'd like to go is fine, I'm not a p-picky eater," she had mumbled while looking back down at the ground and walking beside him, trying to calm down from all of this happening at once.

"Great!" He stated in an excited fashion. He had known her for quite awhile in the real world. Despite being mean, he was the only one who actually bullied her at their school. Rin had actually did her a favor when they were young. He bullied her yes but he had scared the other bullies out of targeting her. It was a habit of his that if he had a victim or in t his case a backwards friend. Anyway, he placed both hands behind his head as they walked together and he stared at the looming city growing in the distance as they walked. " I suppose your wondering why..? " He looked down at the girl and his hairs fell over his face and he spoke softly." It may sound stupid but people at the correction facility helped me... they made me want to desire to be better... and that first step to getting better was to make sure to apologize to the person whom you care for and tortured.. Aka you, Mitoko. " He returned his crimson gaze to the city once more. " Despite what you may think of me and what I've done, I'm a normal guy now. I don't expect you to believe a word but its true. "

He deviated off the subject and spoke to her about another one. " So... tell me about yourself since you left. I remember the old you... and I'd like to meet the new you. " When he gazed down upon her, he didn't realize actually how much taller he was compared to her. It was funny how the two seemed to look together as one was a bean stalk and the other was a dwarf hanging out together. An odd couple indeed. " If you don't mind that is. "

Mitoko clasped her hands together and thought for a while before sighing and asking a tough question. "I'm sure there were others that were just like me. I bet that to you... but why do you even care? I'm really just one out of a hundred replicas. But I believe you somehow." she'd speak in a soft and quiet tone, while starting to hold her hood so it would not blow off from the howling wind. Whenever there happened to be too many players or crowds and clusters around, she would lock up and panic due to an anxiety disorder. And to help her feel safer and prevent her from breaking down... she always put this hood up in crowds. Something her friend Silica taught her.

She heard his words quietly, trying to speak as she strained herself to open up and say something back. "N...-Nothing much. I'm somewhat the.... same. I've gotten smarter and I'm close to getting my scholarship. My biggest dream is to make mama proud of me. She had a horrible life, I'm only trying to give her happiness and pride with my greatest efforts. I'm not bullied as much. B-B-Because I-I have someone I really care about helping me!" she blushed brightly while stuttering out the last sentence and keeping silent a brief moment. "This game is changing me, truth be told. For me, I've only had one friend in my entire life. And since this game, it changed. Don't you think it's abnormal for strangers to converse so openly? Looking around, I'm surprised by it all," she laughed softly.

" So you like to gamble huh?" He looked at her and grinned." Then you made a fools bet really." He shrugged." I may of exchanged words of being mean to others but I actually just bullied you." He sighed." Still sorry that by the way." He simply looked down and gazed at the dirt they were kicking up from walking." I have my reasons but it was silly and it was long ago. No need to dwell on them." Again those reasons would embarrass him and he didn't want to feel that way. He heard her words of her life and he nodded and smiled." Seems like you've gotten stronger. That is what I wanted to hear. I'm glad you made a friend that can support you in your time of need. I'll do the same and support you. Even if you don't want it. " He chuckled a bit before placing both hands on to his side." The people here are trying to find solace and comfort in those around them. People find this game terrifying and most people would agree to that. Its a simple matter of trying to cope and what better way to cope than the people around you?" He was going to try to become a guidance counselor when this was all said and done. It was funny how he was doing this as a former bully but he could relate to people now.

" I'm happy for you. I hope you know that. " He finished up and smiled.

She simply nodded quietly, not knowing what to say due to her somewhat quiet nature. While walking, Mitoko took in the moments of awkward silence, humming the tune of her favorite song again and again, with an almost blank face... as if she had been absent minded and "floating in a dimension". Mitoko had these random times where her mind and everything drew blank, and she'd stare into space, literally not even thinking. But shortly after she'd shake her head and sigh quietly. Looking up her crimson red eyes watched closely as everyone would talk and shout, random vendors trying to sell their goods. It was full of life and the aura of happiness, but maybe not for those who couldn't cope with the fact that this had been a death game. For a moment she'd glance at Rin from the corner of her eyes, before looking away quickly with a straight face, due to the period of silence.

The wind blew and his red hair just flew back in it as they walked along. The silence was literally deafening between the two. It was awkward but none the less he would persevere from this. They passed the gates and he looked down at her." You do eat ramen right? " He asked quizzically. The man was a ramen man. No day would be complete til he had a giant bowl of it. He pulled a chair out for her and motioned two bowls of their ramen. Crimson orbs stared at her with intensity but he realized that it was a bit too intense. He looked down and watched the chopsticks." How's everything with your mom?" He remembered her mother clearly. Never met her personally but it was what he remembered from the past.

"Y-Yes, I do. Occasionally," Mitoko would say quietly while sitting down in her seat and smiling... flipping her hood off swiftly and revealing more of her face. Due to her quiet nature, she'd look down at her lap which her hands had been placed on gently, humming once more. However she had looked up and blushed when he had been intensely staring at her, however not in a creepy way. Almost like concerned it had appeared to her by what he had asked. "Okaa-san? She's very s-sick. I hope she can make it longer. Sorry I don't want to talk much about it," the pinkette sighed stressfully. "But nevermind that. I shouldn't always mope!" she laughed while forcing a carefree smile on her face and finally placing both hands on the table and under her chin to support her head, breaking the basic rule of table manners while she blinked twice and shrugged. "Well u-um. How's it going so far in Sword Art? Hating it like the rest?" she'd chuckle lightly.

Listening to her about her mother, he simply stared at her and frowned. His own biological mother had passed not too long ago due to an ailment and he never got to say goodbye. The ramen arrived and he stared at it while pondering her question. But he really didn't have an answer for her. He only just recently started exploring the entire area of the first floor. He had been talking to people out of jumping off the side and killing themselves, believe it or not. He simply toyed around with one of the green onion pieces that were floating around on the top layer of his ramen. He softly spoke and shrugged." I'll be honest.. I haven't been exactly explored the regions of the first floor yet.. I've been... doing other things.. "He looked away and mumbled the last part." Talking to people... out of suicide I guess.." He looked at her and tilted his head. Red hair fluidly moved with the tilt as he gazed with a gentle look. " Do you hate it? Do you hate all of this? " He motioned around the virtual air." I happen to hate it... because I'd like to go back to my life.."

"O-Oh I see. Who wouldn't want to leave this place? It started out as a stupid game, yet here we are... stuck in this second reality. People actually murder. I really hate this place, although the only reason why I strive to beat this game is to take care of mama. I don't really have any purpose of my own. Just to please others and that's it. So honestly, it'll be the same way no matter what. Whatever though!" she'd laugh while trying to shrug it off her shoulders as she'd clasp her hands together and pray a simple word in a soft voice. "Itadakimasu." Her crimson red eyes opened again as they glanced at her bowl filled to the top with ramen. "Please f-forgive me for consuming this gluttonous meal. That is all," Mitoko thought in a fluster before grabbing her chopsticks and lifting up a few firm noodles, tilting her head as she somewhat played with her food... But in the end she ended up trying a little and gasping in awe. "Th-this tastes a-amazing! Virtual food at it's finest!" and there she went, furiously eating away at her bowl of ramen, defying the rule of "all women are proper". She had finally stopped eating so fast and calmed down, her face as red as a firetruck. "S-Special skill. That's all."

He watched as this petite girl devour a bowl like a pro. Rin had only made it a quarter of the way before she finished her own. It was delightful to eat yes but that was completely off the walls. His crimson orbs widened and then he laughed a bit placing his chopsticks down." You are just full of surprises. We should of been friends growing up." As he said continuing to laugh. It had to of been the funniest thing he had seen in awhile as he started to calm down. " The food here is designed to taste amazing which I sure as hell don't mind . " He placed his elbow on the table. Head rested on the palm of his hand and he watched her with his hair falling slightly to the side ." Let me help you get outta here... it's the least I can do after all I've done. " He was thinking about her and her mother. She deserved that one piece of solace.

Mitoko had stared at her empty ramen bowl while hearing his words. "If you really want to help a burden like me... I'd love that. And in return, I'll make sure you get out of here safe as well." She smiled lightly. "And if that is what you wish, let's get up and start training. A-After all that IS how you master something. But whenever you get low on health we are STOPPING. Drop what you have and r-run up a tree or s-something!" she nodded while trying to practically command him, failing in doing so as he had given her a blank look. "O-Okiee? And Akagi-san...?" she'd ask while tapping his shoulder and leaning in to whisper in his ear. "I want a fortune cookie." She sat back down in her seat and clasped her hands together with a cheerful smile.

He simply stared at her for the longest time. The fact that she had said a fortune cookie drew a blank. That was completely random as he stared just thinking of a way to do something. He leaned back over and whispered in her ear while the entire time blushing "Let's go find you a fortune cookie.." He grinned standing up. He paid for the meals and extended his hand to her." Ready for our fortune cookie adventure?" A laugh was given as it sounded absurd."Cause I'm down for some cookies." They would have to find a baker.

She'd blush a bright red as he whispered back into her ear. Quickly Mitoko shook her head before giving him a thumbs up. "R-Right! Let's go," she would chirp while smiling sweetly and tucking a few strands of her silky pink hair behind her ear and grabbing ahold of his hand as she stood up. "I feel heavy from that meal... Hopefully I won't get a stomachache when I combat." They would walk out of the restaurant to see crowds of people everywhere. Her stomach flipped as she quickly let go of his hand and put her hood over her face again, sighing in relief as she had clutched her coat tightly with a frown. "S-Stupid people they are everywhere!" Mitoko mumbled quietly under her breath before shaking her head and smiling. "Let's go find a bakery now!" she'd tried her hardest to shrug it off her shoulders.