[SP - F1] <<Earning A Living>> {Complete}

Finally, after what seemed like hours, Lenore drew her finished product from the bucket of cold water. It was beautiful, and Lessa had to fight to keep the raw admiration from her face.

"Your turn," Lenore told her.

The rest of the afternoon was spent with Lenore, working tirelessly to hone her skills. Lessa's first attempt was, to her horror, a complete disaster. But her mentor showed her how to recycle the material, and keep moving forward. The next day, Lessa returned, and they picked up where they left off. Lenore did her best to remain patient with Lessa, and the girl repaid the kindness by being an exceptional student. Lenore would occasionally step out to work with clients, and before long, she was asking Lessa to help her with the requests.

On the fifteenth day, Lenore met Lessa at the door.

"Go home," the woman told her.

Lessa's eyes widened, her confusion and hurt very obvious. "Why?"

"I have taught you all I can. Go, now, and create your own shop. You are ready. Return to me if you have questions, but I have nothing else to teach you until then."

With that, the old blacksmith disappeared deeper into the shop, and an awestruck Lessa returned to the busy street.