[PP-F1] A Chance Encounter [Lessa] {Complete}

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 5 on the d20 (loot) dice.

"Wow that's a useful familiar. I've never seen one like him before. Where's you find him?" Part of the reason he had never seen one before was that he had never looked for a familiar of any kind, and if he did, he would look for a dragon or something upon those lines. He thought it would better fit him. He looked around a bit, but sadly couldn't find anything. this place really has been picked over. I hope I can still find a dragon core and some osmium. I need it for World's End.'

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lessa grinned proudly, watching Orion hurry deeper into the mine. "He certainly is something, isn't he?" Turning to Ryuu, she continued, "I found him up on the fourth floor. He was none too happy to see me, and actually took a bite out of me at first. But some crazy gypsy had warned me to feed the beast when I saw it. So, on a whim, I tossed him some bread. He's been my buddy every since." The girl laughed. "Turns out the whole thing was a big quest. And I'm glad I played along, because Orion has been incredibly helpful so far."

He trotted back to her, clearly a bit dazed. His attempt to find material had failed again. "You'll figure it out, little guy," she replied. "Keep trying."

{Rolled a 11 on the d20 die. No material acquired.}

Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He looked around, still not finding anything. 'Maybe being a beast tamer would be fun. I could still be a performer too.' He decided to tame the dragon on floor 4. "Yeah, now that you say that, I'm thinking about taming the dragon on the same floor. Any ideas as how to go about that?" He was still disappointed in the lack of a dragon core, but he was now interested in the prospect of being a dragon tamer.

"A dragon, huh?" Lessa responded, peering into the darkness of the cave as Orion ventured back out. "A dragon would be pretty cool." Then she laughed. "Honestly, I would have never imagined I would have a stoat as my familiar. I had pictured something cool, like a wolf," she motioned to Ryuu, "or a dragon. But it just did not work out that way. And I'm glad it didn't, because I'm quite fond of this little guy."

As if on cue, Orion began to chirp wildly. Lessa's eyes widened excitedly, and she spritnted into the darkness. Using the faint light cast by her claymore, she was able to find where Orion was digging. At his feet lay a small piece of ore. "Clever boy!" She cried, scooping him up and planting a kiss on the top of his head. The little animal gave a content hum, and then climbed up onto her shoulder. The ore disappeared into her inventory.

"I do hope that you're able to find a familiar too," Lessa told Ryuu as she walked back toward him. They're helpful, sure, but they're also really fantastic to have around. Orion keeps me company. If you want one too, you'll have to find the <<Feeding the Enemy>> quest."

{Rolled a 20 on the d20 die.}

[Lessa acquires one material.]

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 8 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 11 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Ryuu saw Orion chirping. He continued to search, now on his knees. He couldn't find anything. "Well, my name means dragon. Also, I think it would be rather cool to come in on the battlefield, riding on a dragon. That would strike fear in any enemies heart. Wouldn't you agree?" He saw the notification pop up on Lessa's menu, "Well, looks like he found something. What is it?" he asked, crossing his fingers for something useful to him.

"Looks like its just a bit of iron," she replied, selecting her inventory and scrolling through her items. When she spotted the newly acquired material, she nodded. "Uh, yep. Just a run-of-the-mill material, but it will still be useful." With a flick of her wrist, the menu was gone. The pair returned to the darkness in which they stood, only the faintest rays of light from the cave's entrance reaching them.

"It is really cool that your name means dragon, by the way," she told him suddenly. "You are a very interesting player, I can say that much." Her words were interrupted by another series of chirps. Orion came trotting back from the depths of the mine, a hunk of silver in his mouth. As he dropped the item at her feet, and she stooped down to examine it, her menu asked if she wanted to accept the silver. "Nicely done, Orion," she cried, accepting the material into her inventory. "You're doing a great job."

{Rolled a 18 on the d20 dice.}

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

"Thank you." He looked up as he herd the chirping. "Hmm... What now? More iron?" He looked back to his work. 'I know therehas to be something around here.' He used his hands to dig into the rubble from the excavation. Finally, he reached solid rock. "I'm going to need some room." He stepped back and waited until the little familiar scurried off to look somewhere else. As soon as it did, he drew his sword and scanned the rock for crevices. 'There!' He spotted one just below knee level. He pulled his arm and blade back. "Hiya!" He did a quick 'x' slash at the crack, weakening it, then stabbed his sword into it, shattering the rock. A chunk of silver material few from the rubble. "What is this?" He showed it to Lessa. "Is this silver or something else?"

{Acquired one material}

Lessa moved closer to Ryuu, blue eyes growing larger as she examined his material. "Nice find," she congratulated him, patting him once on the shoulder. "It is certainly interesting. Looks like silver, but its hard to tell, especially considering how dark it is in here." She stepped back, giving the player his space once more. Then, she grinned. "At least our trip out here wasn't a complete waste of time. I would feel just terrible if you let me drag you all the way across the floor for nothing."

The young woman could hear Orion moving about from deep within the mine, but that was the only noise. There was no chirping yet, so the stoat must not have found anything.

{Rolled a 8 on the loot die. No materials found.}

"Oh cool. This would be good for a few parts of my armor." He placed the piece of metal in his inventory. He watched Orion. "You're right. It's very good that this wasn't a waste. I really need to get some better gear than this." He showed her the starter gear he had been given. "The level of my gear and my level don't match. It's such a pain." He turned back to the rubble and continued searching, hoping that he could find something good. "There just has to be something else in here."

He kept searching, but there just wasn't anything left.

[Rolled an 8 on the loot die. Nothing found]

"I know the feeling," Lessa replied, nodding. "I only recently upgraded my armor. For a while, I had the skill, but not the gear to match. It is a real pain, and honestly, pretty dangerous. Serious armor and weapons are so important, especially if you plan to be on the front-lines, which I do."

She heard Orion chirping from deep within the mine. "Bring it here, boy!" She called out. Then, she turned back to Ryuu.

"I hope to help outfit my new guild with better gear. I need all the materials I can get." As Orion trotted up with a small chunk of gold, she grinned. She took the material from the small animals mouth, and sent him back into the depths to keep looking. "How are things going with your guild, by the way?"

{Rolled a 18 on the d20 dice.}

"It's going pretty well actually. I'm the Tactician. Sadly I'm not doing much right now, just managing the funds, but it won't be long until we go out and fight something. We also just got a new blacksmith. Now I think we can start properly outfitting everyone." He repeated his previous attack on another weak section of rock.

"That was gold that you just got, correct?" He looked back at her before he started searching through his newly made rubble. "That would make some pretty nice armor o maybe you are thinking of making a decorative sword." He got on his hands and knees again, hoping for something. He found a discolored rock. "Ah ha!" He looked at it a bit more, then threw it behind him. "Just another rock..." He continued.

"So how many members has your guild acquired?" He looked through the rubble one last time and found a rather small price of iron. He examined it before placing it in his inventory.

[Rolled a 16 on the d20 die. Acquired one material.]

"Not too many," she admitted. "Not nearly as many members as your guild has." Lessa turned to look deeper into the mine. "But that's alright. I don't really mind right now. It is important to me that I get to know everyone personally, and that we can all trust each other." Realizing what she had said, she turned back to Ryuu. "Not that I'm suggesting there are trust issues in your guild, of course. It is just that I'd rather start small right now. Honestly, I'm still a relatively new player. I don't have the reputation to move a large group of people into action just yet. For now, I'll work with the few members that I have."

Then, "you know, its a shame Arg picked you up. You would have been a real asset to my team."

{Rolled a 5 on the loot die. No material found.}

He laughed at her last statement. "I'll be honest with you. I don't really pick and choose who I help out. I'll help out if your guild needs me, just remember that my first priority would have to remain with my guild. As long as I have the time though, I would be happy to help draw up battle plans our double as a diplomat. We are friends after all." He stopped. Wait, were they friends. They kinda had only met not too long ago. "We are friends, right?" he asked as he walked a bit deeper into the mine. All he had to do was look on the ground and he found a nice large piece of ore.

"Oh wow! How did they miss this as they left? Did it fall out of the cart or something?" He was staring at a large piece of what looked like gold ore that had silver mixed into it as well. He walked over and showed it to Lessa. "How do you think this came to be? It can't be good and silver in the same ore. They are always separate. It has to be something different." He looked at it and thought of his old armor from the beta. 'I think i used something like this to make my shoulder guards...'

{Roll ID: 445. Rolled a 17 +1 for detection. One material found.}

((Have yet to think of a proper name for the ore, but it will come to me eventually.))

As she listened to the man stumble over her words, a smile smile crept to her lips. "I would say so, yes," Lessa replied softly. "I think we are friends." It was true that Lessa made friends easily. She was a very trusting person, and people seemed to like her quite a bit. But she still appreciated the joy that making a new friend brought her. Especially in a cruel world like this.

Ryuu spotted a new material, and she crowded close to him to examine it. "I've never seen anything like that either," she replied, shrugging. "Sorry, I can't help you out with that one. But it is really beautiful. I definitely think that you should make something special with it."

{Rolled a 1 on the loot die. No material found.}

He was surprised she hadn't seen the type of ore before and the fact that she was so close to him. He couldn't help but blush a little. "Oh, so you haven't seen this before. Well, I think I saw something like this in the beta, but I can't remember the name of it." He flipped it over in his hands, then placed it in his inventory. Finally, it came to him. "I remember! It's called mixed Ichor. It was something like Kronos and somebody else's blood being mixed or something like that. Well, we should get back to our searching." He walked back to the area he found the ore and searched through the rubble nearby. Sadly, he couldn't find anything.

{Rolled a 7 on d20 die. No materials found.}

"All you beta testers," she droned, with a playful roll of her eyes. "You're practically your own elite team. It seems that I joined on far too late." She grinned. "You all have the advantage, don't you? I hope you share some of that beta knowledge with me."

When Ryuu remembered what the material was, her eyes widened. "Ohh," she breathed. "That is really cool. You are so lucky for finding it." She watched him continue to dig for more, and was disappointed when nothing else turned up. "Maybe we will find it somewhere else."

Then, she called out into the blackness of the cave. "Hey, Orion! Doing okay in there?" Her question was answered with a series of sharp, high-pitched chirps, but nothing else. So it seemed her familiar was still searching, but had not come up with anything yet. "We would be better off killing monsters for materials," she told Ryuu with a sigh.

{Rolled a 1 on the loot dice. No materials found.}

"Hmm... I don't know. I'm going to look for just a bit longer. I just want to get one more ore and then we can go if you want to fight some monsters." He listened to the chattering of Orion. 'That thing can sniff out materials. Maybe, I should follow it a bit deeper into the mine. It got a lot darker and he could barely see two feet in front of him.

"How can Orion see down here? He has to have some pretty good eyesight or an amazing nose! I can barely see anything- Oh wait! I think I found something. I'm going to bring it up." As he moved back toward the lighter levels of the mine, he felt a gust of wind come from the lower levels. It felt like the mine was breathing. It sent a chill down his spine. He had never really liked caves or mines, but he had to admit that if you are looking for ores, they are one of the first places you should go.

He quickened his pace and stopped by Lessa to see what he had picked up. He was right he had found something. It was yet another piece of mixed Ichor ore. He seemed to have lucked out. Though he had not found his dragon core, he was content with the ores he had found. They would make great pieces for his armor.

"Would you look at that... It seems they missed all the good ores. Maybe they just thought that this was a worthless formation in the rock." He shrugged. "Well, if you want to leave, we can. I'm happy with what I've found so far."

{Rolled an 18 on the d20 die. One material acquired.}

"Stoats are fantastic at finding things," came the girl's response. Lessa sounded a bit like a proud parent as she boasted about her familiar. "That's why he's the perfect familiar. Not as exotic as a dragon, maybe, but very useful. And besides, he's pretty cute too."

It was as if Orion had heard her talking about him. The brown creature trotted up to her, a small material clenched in his jaws. He dropped it at her feet, then flopped over onto his side. He looked up at her through the darkness with tired eyes. His eyelids were drooped, and his mouth was open. "He's exhausted." Lessa commented with a small laugh. "And he isn't afraid to let me know." She crouched down and retrieved the material, then gave his small belly a gentle rub. "What a good boy you are."

"I think this will be my last material," she finally told her companion, straightening back up. "I'd rather we get back before darkness falls.

{Rolled a 19 on the loot dice. Material found.}

He stood up, not being able to find anything else, and looked at her through the darkness. "Yeah. You are probably right about that. If I remember correctly, the stronger monsters come out at night. We might want to avoid them if at all possible. After that failure of a fight with those simple wolves, I don't really feel like pitting myself against a stronger monster for a bit." He started walking up from the depths of the mine, and slipped on a loose rock.

"Wha-?!" He hit the ground, then got back up quickly, hoping that no one saw that. "I'm okay," he called out quickly. Now more carefully, he slowly worked his way up to the entrance. When he finally got there, he looked at Lessa, knowing that she had saw his little fall and heard his pathetic yelp. "We speak to no one of that. Got it?" he said, trying to be a bit humorous.

The woman's hands flew to her mouth as she watched Ryuu trip. Truly, her first thought was for his well-being. Was he alright? Had something happened to him? But as she watched him stand, she realized he was alright. The only thing that was damaged, most likely, was his pride.

By the time he reached her at the mouth of the mine, she was battling back a fit of giggles. "Nope, no one," she agreed, nodding, but laughing all the while. Finally, she set a gentle hand on his shoulder, her giggles subsiding. "It will be our little secret," she told him. "Pinky swear." Still wearing the childish grin on her face, Lessa softly steered Ryuu out of the cave. "Let's get out of here."