[PP-F1] Wolfie be mad (Feading the beasts)

I Held up my new sword to the sky. I had used all of my starting coins to buy this and a heavy suit of armor. I already had my first few levels planned out and first on my agenda is getting a mount through the use of becoming a beast tamer to counteract my low stats in speed. I waited by the Quest board my party set on open as I waited for someone to join me for the quest. Only one slot is available for the quest though so I just hope that a rouge doesn’t join me. I can soak up a bit of damage but not much yet so I need someone that can do quite a bit to a large group of monsters.

I wanted to get away from the fourth floor. It was becoming a drag.

So, I went down to the first floor to see the little people.

I ran along the rooftops, not noticed by anyone but a few kids here and there.

Cleo followed close behind.

Black and white blurs, we jumped onto a smaller building, and Cleo accidentally kicked a rock down onto some guy's head.

How'd that get up here?

I stalled, wanting to see if the lad was okay.

Oi, sorry 'bout that! You okay, kid?

I flinched as the rock bounced off of my head and looked up to see a girl standing on the roof. Apparently she must have accidentally kicked it or something like that. I set my sword down at my side and proceeded to speak to the girl.

“It’s alright, I could barely feel it, and I’m just waiting for a party member to aid me in the beast tamer quest.â€

I chuckled seeing the girl and her beast match their own movements with one another. If anything you have to commend the creators for making a good AI.

“By hanging out in a city such as this one I am able to focus on other things while they people who actually want to help on quests find me instead of me finding people who will merely stand back and watch as they gain exp from my kills.â€

“Being a tank is harder than it looks. The type of tank I am trying to be relies on battle healing. To increase battle healing you need to consistently get your health low. So to become a great tank you need to consistently brush with the possibility of death. For now, I’m merely a heavy armored swordsmanâ€

Clicking on the party I changed it to private and opened the invite screen. I was about to enter in her name when I realized I didn’t know her name yet.

“What is your name? I need it for the invite.â€

I quickly entered in her name and sent the invite too her.

“The name is Reame, I just sent the invite.â€

I picked up the sword at my side and place it behind my back and started walking outside the town.

“I already know where the monster I want is, we will have to do a bit of fighting of some other mobs before we reach it though. Hurry up if you don’t want to be left behind.â€

I got the map and ran, wanting to feel the wind on my face.

I stopped quite a ways away from the boy.

Over halfway there, and seeing as the lad was out of sight, I decided to climb a tree and wait.

Cleo, of course was right up there with me.

How long do you think it'll be until he gets here?

With how slow he walks? It could take a good10-15 minutes.

Ugh. SOO long.

I know.

With that, we stared at the horizon, wait for the kid.

I pointed my finger at a large den made into the side of a hill nearby. “In there. It’s a mini dungeon and the familiar I want is its boss; The Dire Wolf. While not technically a boss it is a more powerful enemy than usual. What truly makes it deadly, though, is how it surrounds itself with other monsters, primarily of the wolf type.â€

I readied my sword holding it out in front of my like a shield as I ventured further into the cave.