pokemon questions and favorites

• 2 weeks later...

Pokemon... which gen do I like the most... None. Why none you ask? BECAUSE I LOVE THEM ALL :D. I've played at least 1 game of every gen, never really played the mystery dungeon games.

Gen 3 for me, playing through omega ruby as we speak, mega swampert is a babe and so is mega sceptile

It's all about Mega Swampert on a rain team. Gotta love my 'lil shiny mudkip. SO CUTE.

PS: Breeding for shinies is a pain, do it at your own risk.

Blue. Just blue. Gen 1. I don't even acknowledge any pokemon outside of the original 151. You want power? All you need is magikarp. The numbers don't lie.

80% of the world is covered in water.

90% of life in the water is magikarp.

100% of magikarps body is pure pain.

A 40lb fish capable of jumping over a mountain? Yes please.

Nikki, your logic continues to amaze me even through your hiatus on the website. Why have I never thought of this. I was going to suggest Feebas however, it becomes much more beautiful in the end compared to a wide-gaped serpent that looks like it's ready to inhale a bag of coke in a single inhalation.

Nikki, your logic continues to amaze me even through your hiatus on the website. Why have I never thought of this. I was going to suggest Feebas however, it becomes much more beautiful in the end compared to a wide-gaped serpent that looks like it's ready to inhale a bag of coke in a single inhalation.

Yet you cannot find Feebas everywhere.....

Don't even talk about that thing Magikarp evolves into. Lets face it. The only bad thing about Magikarp is that it evolves into complete garbage. Remember, the B button was invented for a reason.

Lets Look at stats.

HP 20

Attack 10

Speed 80

Now 80 speed is great, but if Magikarp has swift swim that speed doubles in the rain. 160. That.. is... fast. In fact that is the second fastest speed among pokemon, (Tied with ninjask) and second only to Deoxys speed form.

Its move flail. If you can get Magikarp down to 1 health flail gets a base attack of 200... Focus sash, nuff said.

Magikarp is in the dragon egg group. Meaning you can breed it with some other sweet pokemon and create even more Magikarp.

And.. Magikarp is the only pokemon you can catch in the wild at lvl 100. (Gyrados at 100 can be found in B/W 2, but thats only because it was a Magikarp first.)

Now that we have the game stats lets look at the laws of physics.

As i have mentioned Magikarp can jump over mountains. Now we have no universal definition of what qualifies as a mountain so I'll use the UN requirement that it must be at least 8200 feet. So now, we have Magikarp a 22lb (Mis calculated weight in my previous post.) fish falling from a height of 8200 feet. With air resistance Magikarps terminal velocity would be around 131fps (89.5mph). That means when Magikarp hits you its doing so with enough pressure to crack concrete. Assuming it hit you in the head you'd be in a lot of trouble. BUT, that might not kill you.

What will kill you is the G force. Your head would be experiencing about 400 G. The most any human has survived is 214 by a man named Kenny Brack. So, at the point of impact that 22 lb fish is more like 881lbs, and that fish goes from roughly 131fps, to about 0 in such a short amount of time that almost all of that momentum, and kinetic is transferred directly to you. Basically you are mush.

But that's assuming that the world of pokemon follows our laws of physics, (Which we know by now that it doesn't)

Lets look at the extreme side of things now and pretend their is no air resistance to slow Magikarp down. That means that that same fish would be rocketing towards you at 726fps (495mph). That's about 5.5 times faster. Now it takes about 224 pounds of force to tear through human muscle, and less to rip through skin. And at the point of impact that fish now weighs 2.4 tons. So yeah... Boom

Its a safe assumption that be it at 131 fps, or 726 fps the odds of surving this attack are pretty slim if any.

If it grants you any solace though, you should know that Magikarp probably wouldn't survive the impact either. It would almost certainly be turned into Chum along with you or anything else unfortunate enough to get caught in its path of destruction.

And just for fun...

The secret is that splash is so powerful that every time it is used the entire universe implodes and resets at great speed stopping at a point just after yet just before the move has been used therefor destroying all existence but resetting it as well giving Magikarp the power to both destroy and create life therefore making it GOD!

Magikarp Clean Sweep

p.s. Magikarps shiny form is gold... GLORIOUS GOLD.

Don't even talk about that thing Magikarp evolves into. Lets face it. The only bad thing about Magikarp is that it evolves into complete garbage. Remember, the B button was invented for a reason.

Lets Look at stats.

HP 20

Attack 10

Speed 80

Now 80 speed is great, but if Magikarp has swift swim that speed doubles in the rain. 160. That.. is... fast. In fact that is the second fastest speed among pokemon, (Tied with ninjask) and second only to Deoxys speed form.

Its move flail. If you can get Magikarp down to 1 health flail gets a base attack of 200... Focus sash, nuff said.

Magikarp is in the dragon egg group. Meaning you can breed it with some other sweet pokemon and create even more Magikarp.

And.. Magikarp is the only pokemon you can catch in the wild at lvl 100. (Gyrados at 100 can be found in B/W 2, but thats only because it was a Magikarp first.)

Now that we have the game stats lets look at the laws of physics.

As i have mentioned Magikarp can jump over mountains. Now we have no universal definition of what qualifies as a mountain so I'll use the UN requirement that it must be at least 8200 feet. So now, we have Magikarp a 22lb (Mis calculated weight in my previous post.) fish falling from a height of 8200 feet. With air resistance Magikarps terminal velocity would be around 131fps (89.5mph). That means when Magikarp hits you its doing so with enough pressure to crack concrete. Assuming it hit you in the head you'd be in a lot of trouble. BUT, that might not kill you.

What will kill you is the G force. Your head would be experiencing about 400 G. The most any human has survived is 214 by a man named Kenny Brack. So, at the point of impact that 22 lb fish is more like 881lbs, and that fish goes from roughly 131fps, to about 0 in such a short amount of time that almost all of that momentum, and kinetic is transferred directly to you. Basically you are mush.

But that's assuming that the world of pokemon follows our laws of physics, (Which we know by now that it doesn't)

Lets look at the extreme side of things now and pretend their is no air resistance to slow Magikarp down. That means that that same fish would be rocketing towards you at 726fps (495mph). That's about 5.5 times faster. Now it takes about 224 pounds of force to tear through human muscle, and less to rip through skin. And at the point of impact that fish now weighs 2.4 tons. So yeah... Boom

Its a safe assumption that be it at 131 fps, or 726 fps the odds of surving this attack are pretty slim if any.

If it grants you any solace though, you should know that Magikarp probably wouldn't survive the impact either. It would almost certainly be turned into Chum along with you or anything else unfortunate enough to get caught in its path of destruction.

And just for fun...

The secret is that splash is so powerful that every time it is used the entire universe implodes and resets at great speed stopping at a point just after yet just before the move has been used therefor destroying all existence but resetting it as well giving Magikarp the power to both destroy and create life therefore making it GOD!

Magikarp Clean Sweep

p.s. Magikarps shiny form is gold... GLORIOUS GOLD.

OMG.....bet you you passed your pokemon trainer test last week! LOL

That is just freaking amazing, but I kinda misunderstood how the fish would be falling from the mountain in the first place..... But I still will like magikarp anyways. I refuse to use any other types than dragon type as soon as I find a dragon in any game, and if anyone could consider gyrados a dragon pokemon, magikarp should be too. After all I own a Pokémon card of it with the move dragon rage(not like hat matters though, many Pokémon have that move)

But thanks for all that magikarp info! Would've never known!

Nikki....

I <3 you.

Mine and Tyger's shop is called The "Catfish" because she's a Tiger, and I'm a Magikarp fanboy.

You just made my day. Glad there's someone else out there who understand that Magikarp is the most OP pokemon in the universe (*cough* and that there are only 151 pokemon *cough*)