[PP-F1] Earning a living with zeke [Complete]

"I'm finally out of the town it was so boring in there.. *Grinning widely* But at least I got one good thing from the place! She takes out a list and starts to look through it while walking. "Now let's see I need some glowing mushrooms, some weird flowers, some leaves and a fern like thing... Now where will I find these things at ze?" She starts thinking while continuing to walk in the woods not paying attention to her surroundings or her location at all.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeke was out wandering through a small forested area on floor one. Taking a stop to lean against a tree for rest near the start of where it halved and met the plains. Floor one was always busy and made for a more interesting time than the later ones on up. Not being to many of the higher ones himself, all he recalled was the desolation of a few places and how the enemies were too risky for a person like him. "Still level thirteen." *sigh*

Placing his head back rather harshly, Zeke groaned in agony at the lengths he had to go to in this grind fest of a game. It still beat his life back on earth though. He willingly committed to something here in Aincrad, so that was infallible proof right there that he liked it more. (Time for another break. I'm spent.) He thought and slid against the bark on the tree until he came around to the side he wanted to see. A bit surprised to see someone coming directly at him obliviously, Zeke pushed his hands out to try and hold back the person by the shoulders.

"Woah! Sorry about that, excuse me." He apologized for putting his hands on her, even if it was to save himself from being headbutted in the jaw.

Noticing there were hands on her shoulders and that there is a person in front of her she replies "..Eh? Where did you come from and why are you grabbing my shoulders?" It was most likely not the reaction most people give when they are grabbed by the shoulders out of nowhere but that's just how she is it seems. "Ah I'm sorry for my rudeness in not introducing myself but my name is Marisa okay ze!" She says her name smiling brightly not actually seeming to care that she was most likely in another persons personal space.

"I'm american, and to spare myself and you from bumping heads. It probably wouldn't have hurt in this game, but it would be awkward for sure. I suppose this isn't much better though..." Zeke looked down and to the left at one of his hands as he lifted both of them off of the girl. Letting both of them fall to his side again, Zeke turned his look back to the other's face. "Wait.. did you just call me by my name?" Looking confused at what he thought he heard her say, he moved as naturally as he could away from the other and over to her side at a much more comfortable distance.

"Sorry about that I'm just absentminded at times." She puts her hands behind her head and changes her grin to a sheepish one. After hearing your question on if she knows you she puts down her arms and tilts her head with a confused look on her face. "I don't think I've met you before or even said a name at all, So what is your name since I told you mine ze?" Marisa asks saying ze again as she waits for you to respond to her question.

(There it was again! I can't just be going crazy, can I? I clearly am hearing something that at least sounds like my name.) Zeke returned the confused look back to her, one eyebrow raised at an angle in suspicion. "It's Zeke Yvell. You'll forget it later on anyway." Coming a tad closer to her, he lifted his right hand out for a handshake. "Might as well make this a formal introduction while we're at it. It has been nice meeting you so far, what has you so preoccupied?" He tried to glance at what she was reading, but discarded the idea to do so after he came close to being seen by her.

She says your name a couple times before she speaks to you again "Okay I think I can remember the name Zeke easily!" Smiling somewhat proudly when proclaims that and takes your hand to shake it. Hearing your last question she practiacally pushes the list in your face. "I'm looking for these items so I can become an alchemist in this world! Do you think you could help me out on finding them ze?" I say with a lot of enthusiasm.

He fell back the length of a couple of steps when she brought the list in front of his face, expecting her only to tell him what she was looking for, instead of going to such unnecessary measures. "That's all I needed to know!" Zeke exclaimed with a forceful hush to try and keep himself from being too loud. His face was an open book that had uneasy written all over it.

Before he could respond, he heard that strange sound coming from the female's mouth again. It was going to drive him crazy if he didn't find out what it was first. "I was about to take some time away from battling the creatures here anyway, so gathering sounds good. In all honesty, I will do probably anything you say... as long as you tell me right now what that last word you keep saying is. It sounds like my name is being said every time, so you can probably find the one I'm talking about if you narrow the search."

Waiting for the pause to end after his words, he thought in the back of his mind about what he could possibly do to help her find these materials. It was a tough call, considering...

I cock my head in confusion again "Zeke I really don't know what you mean." She thinks for a bit before saying. "People do say I have a strange way of talking though I really don't know what they are talking about. she shrugs before saying. "I think it's an ongoing joke that everyone somehow knows. People say that I say ze a lot but truthfully I have never even heard it come from my own mouth unless I explain to someone that I have never said it before..." she seems down for a second before being happy again. "So you still up for helping me gather these things ze! I say with a grin.

Zeke squinted his eyes together slightly when she changed her apparent emotion. His mind was racing at the new speech variation that he had never encountered before. It only truly made him more interested in the different types of people who were out there, and their distinguishable traits.

Letting his shoulders droop a little in the unknowing response she gave, he sighed once more in a very quiet manner. "I guess for me, I have no choice." Thinking on it a little more, it had kind of reminded him of someone he knew back in his other life. During the thoughts, he placed his hand palm down across his forehead, only to remove it once he had come to a personal decision. "It was likely just my imagination. I'm known for being somewhat without my sanity sometimes."

"Let's go then..." The male waved his hand for the other to follow. His long coat and brown hair would be the only thing to see from behind him.

"Okay!" I say seemingly excited that we are going to look for the things. "So Zeke where do you think we should look first for this stuff?" Showing him the list again she suddenly gets an idea she says. "Maybe we could look over there ze!" She points and excitedly starts running into a deeper part of the forest.

"That was where I was headed..." Zeke ran his hand down the features of his face and watched her run far enough to be barely visible. "She'll be back, right?" He laughed to himself at the thought, catching himself by surprise that he could find something to laugh about today.

Pacing himself as he went towards the same direction, no sight of the girl could be made. (Maybe she'll keep going and forget who I was, or that I was even with her.) Turning towards a different direction, he hoped to get himself lost and separated so that he wouldn't be liable to fulfill his promise. His sword sliding from its sheath, he waved it around in his control to amuse himself while he searched for anything, likely a monster. Maybe even finding some of the ingredients that she needed, in case she came across him again.

Noticing he wasn't following me I decide to either scare or prank him. So turning left 3 different times I end up coming from behind Zeke and sneaking up to him poke him in the side. "You do know you were supposed to follow me right Ze?" I say with a grin and trying not to laugh as I wait to see his reaction to my sudden appearance/poke.

Zeke was squatting down to pick at some flowers that looked similar to the ones that the female had needed, or at least he thought so since he didn't have a clear image of the necessary items in his memory. Holding a few of them already in his hand, Zeke thought nothing of his backside as he reached out for the last of the bunch. "Auhh!" Zeke went to turn on his feet immediately to see what had caught him off guard. Slipping and falling back onto his butt, he stared up at the other with no emotion whatsoever. "I thought that was someone's blade jabbing me..."

Looking away from the girl in both embarrassment and a little bit of anger, he responded to the question. "Ya' know, I could say the exact same thing to you. I wasn't exactly behind you the whole time." He rolled over onto all fours in order to get himself back up and onto his feet. The flowers were mangled by his weight, but they were only going to be mushed later for Alchemy. He held them out for her to check. "Are these one of the things listed?"

kicking the ground slightly she says. "I'm sorry it's just that you had your guard down and you didn't come with me earlier so I may have wanted a little revenge or something.? She says the last part with a smile. Looking at the flowers she replies. "I think they might be the right flowers though it is harder to tell since they were crushed slightly." laughing slightly she continues to talk as if in an afterthought. "At least they didn't blow up like some mushrooms around here, I did it before and it was slightly painful..." I say the last part pouting slightly.

(I have to go and I'll be back on monday so see you then!)

"Revenge eh? I never got mine then. I think it's only fair if I do something to return the favor later down the road. Better be wishing this scavenger hunt to end before I decide to make a move. I'm the type to hold a grudge also." Zeke smirked a little after he placed the flowers in her hand. "Keep 'em and I'll look around nearby to see if I can find some more for you to check. There is sure to be more around here."

He walked through the nearby areas to scan the ground for more of the same, feeling like he was doing something wrong, but not sure exactly what. (What on earth was she talking about? Mushrooms don't explode where I come from. Unless... no... surely not.) Zeke shook his head a little to jumble his thoughts up before continuing on the hunt.

OOC: I'll see ya' then. *Lazy Salute*

• 2 weeks later...

"Then I'll be looking forward to it, just make sure it's way less painful than sitting on exploding mushrooms ze~." She says with a grin directed at you. "If these are the right flowers at least they come pre crushed right Zeke?" Noticing his confusion she nudges him in the side. "Even though I may act otherwise I am more intelligent then I look, So would you like to tell me whats up?"

"I know you're more perceptive than you let on, I'm the same way." Zeke looked back from his kneeling position to see Marisa's grin, giving his own signature chuckle in return. "I could always sit on every single one of them when I find 'em." 

Feeling the same finger as before, Zeke kept his focus on more mushrooms instead of checking on what was causing the poking. "You mean what's up with me? More than you will ever know. I wouldn't really feel up to explaining anything about me, an intelligent person can see right through me, I'm sure. Give it time, my actions will offer plenty of evidence. Enough with my mystic ramblings though, I see one more patch of them growing over here, we'll be done after that." 

Donning a look of mock-horror she replies. "Then I would never get the ingredients uncrushed what ever would I do." Grinning a bit she says. "At least if you really do that it would take out lots of risk and hard work crushing the ingredients." She giggles a bit afterwards and says. "I bet you still haven't figured me out either have you? I am quite unlike most people around here and according to my friends I act more like a guy than a girl ze." Seeing the mushrooms she grins. "Yep that definitely looks like the mushrooms. Zeke could you pick them for me?"

"I was being partially serious about it. I could just step on them instead, no need to get myself on the grass any more than I have to." He listened to her words while moving on to more mushrooms. "I do my best to try, and all though I haven't yet, time will reveal all. I like you so far, who knows until it shows?" A pretty hearty laugh came from him this time. He acknowledged how idiotic the phrase sounded, but meant the idea of it. "Are you secretly a guy then? Should I be jumping to conclusions about you in an attempt to seem like I am ahead of the ballgame?"

"Didn't even need to ask, I was already on my way to them. I'm such a nice guy, huh?" He rolled his eyes at his own behavior, favoring to stick a corkscrew inside a place on his body than behave like that which he despised.