[PP-F1] Earning a living with zeke [Complete]

"Anything could happen so you never know." She says before she stores her sword in her inventory and starts to follow him again. "Course I haven't actually used the sword at all yet so I don't know how I will even be at using it." She laughs slightly as she tries to catch up to him.

Finally closing the distance between both of them she starts walking by his side with her hands behind her head again. "Maybe if you had picked a longsword we could have tried being the Heavy Blade Duo. Course I'm sure we would be pretty good at fighting creatures anyways so maybe we could still be a fighting duo." She asks while looking around for the leaves. "Course I can't actually think of a good name to call us by if we did become a fighting duo.. Any ideas Zeke?" She asks seeming serious about the whole new topic.

(I just discovered where the die were at none of the rolls helped with anything except for the crafting one...)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It may not be very characteristic of me, but I'm certain I can handle almost anything on this floor, to an extent. You've been good to me, I wouldn't mind using myself as shield for you. I never had any set plans on making it out of here anyway; Kind of betting on it actually." Zeke then turned his head to watch her double-handed sword be whisked away out of sight. "This isn't all exactly a war, there are much more brave people back in our world, doing things we would never likely do. They're naive, but brave none the less. In other words, you'll get the hang of it easily."

Walking along in his search, he spotted one of the leaves scattered about on the dirt, but nothing that was willing to end their journey just yet. "Even the best duo can be only so good. Remember, there are tons of players here in this same situation. We would likely be pile driven against the numbers accessible to a party. That's why we have to do things smart if we really want to survive." Zeke grasped his forehead with his right hand, and walked along with his vision blacked out by the palm. "Sorry if I seem like I'm behaving as know-it-all. Those are my thoughts. I just like to talk I guess."

Thinking a second. "That may be true but I was actually planning on doing everything solo and I'm pretty sure having another person with me could help out both our chances of living." She kept looking around while talking to him. "Don't worry about sounding like a know-it-all there are people where I come from who are way worse than you at that. Course it would be great if you were less formal with how you talk cause it really bugs me when people talk like that. Which is why I try not bein too proper or formal at all even when I first meet someone ze!" She says grinning slightly which changed to surprise when she tripped on a root and started to fall in a bush.

"I suppose I can stay nearby until you find someone else you can trust. I planned on being solo too, still will be eventually. While I want to stand out, I'm comfortable with following the many that never bear remembering. It's sad, but I find more value in those who never got the chance, and were automatically given no sort of value." Zeke continued to go on and on with his own thoughts, almost as if he had never caught sight of his own correction. 

"Sorry..." He apologized halfheartedly with his tongue poking out the side of his mouth that she couldn't see. (It's a precaution, I won't change it.) He thought, nearly biting his tongue of from the sudden jolt of seeing Marisa trip. His only way of getting to her on time, was to grab her hand on the way down, yanking it a bit hard as he placed the other hand on her hip, pulling her back up with enough momentum to make himself fall back into the dirt. 

Feeling herself being pulled up before hitting the ground by her hand and hip she heard the sound of someone else hitting the ground. she opened her eyes (That she doesn't actually remembered closing) and see's what appears to be Zeke lying on the ground. "I-I want to say thanks.. but are you okay? Cause it looks like you have hit the ground kind of hard again.." She says slightly worried along with having a slight blush on her face. Deciding to help him out she tries to pull him up. "I'm sorry about that if I had watched where I was goin you wouldn't be hurt.. and I wouldn't have a slightly sore wrist ze."

Swatting her her hands away gently, he tried to stop her from straining the wrist he had hurt. In the end, he did his best to just help himself up faster so that Marisa would feel like she put in all the effort to pull him. "I just hope I made the right decision. I'm sorry, we both would have likely ended up fine if I had let you fall. Not twenty minutes earlier and you were dropping me in a bush. Nothing bad happened then, but I just acted out of instinct. Look on the bright side though, You won't have to tug ingredients now." Zeke chuckled to himself before cracking his neck to the sides.

"Give it some time to heal, it might go away soon if this game is made that way. I've never seen any doctors, so... Unless." Zeke brought out one of his healing crystals from the menu. Placing it above Marisa's head and pressing it in with his palm, the item began to glow and shoot out a glittery shower of tinier crystals that would improve the HP on its target. "Is it feeling better?"

"I suppose that's true." She says chuckling a bit with him. After he used the healing crystal on her wrist making it feel better. "Well it does feel a bit better.. Though it most likely would not have happened if you had let me fall like you just said." She says seemingly condescendingly. "B-but thanks for putting up with how I act and helping me out on this adventure..." She says quietly with a slight blush on her face.

Pressing his index and thumb against ridge between his eyes, Zeke sighed in confusion and frustration as his eyes remained close. "No problem." He calmly stated in a hushed tone, moving onward past her to fetch the last few of the leaves they needed. "Let's get this quest over and I'll walk you to the place where you turn it in." Crouching down, Zeke slowly made his way between the trees for a better look. 

"Y-yeah we should probably complete it shouldn't we." She says while starting to follow Zeke again. â€‹"You seem to have the best luck at finding these ingredients so I will continue to follow you okay ze." laughing slightly she puts her arms behind her back. "When we get back to town after finding a few more leaves, how about I give you a couple potions on the house or a discount on the stuff I make for helping me out?" She says looking at him with a grin.

[i would have actually been finding stuff as well if it wasn't for the rolls I am following even for this quest. -_-;]

"I don't know if you're actually allowed to give discounts for your own shop. Feel free to do what you want." Zeke checked over his shoulder to see her grin, expecting at any moment for her to do something out of the ordinary. During the time searching, his eyes never left the girl without a visual on her. It felt like he was chaperoning more than helping out. (Five, six, seven. Eight, nine and ten. There we go, that should make for more than enough to turn in. Maybe a few more items once the quest completed.)

Picking himself up with a slight discomfort in his knees, he headed back towards the living firecracker of a person with a slight upsetting feeling. He wanted to find a caterpillar while searching, but this game didn't have any normal ones, he assumed. They were the only bug he could be comfortable around, making it for his favorite. "Marisa, got 'em." He showed her the other pocket he put the leaves into. "Are you going to start working on more concoctions, or gather once you obtain the job?"

Thinking a bit she replies with a smile. "I think I'm able to give discounts to people ze~." Hearing what he said when he got up from the ground made her smile wider. "That's great and I'm most likely goin to be making some concoctions so I was thinkin, maybe you could gather supplies for my store and if I make a good potion or poison I could either give it to ya or give you a discount on it what do you think Zeke?"

"We'll see how it all goes first. Since I don't really use the same crafting materials as an Alchemist, I'll gather what I can during my days and bring them to you. Maybe I'll get back into Fishing some time too. I haven't seen too many people with that job class yet. You'll be getting some hard to find ingredients then. Don't get your hopes up though, I suspect that won't matter when we get to that point. By the way, it will have to be a pretty big discount with the amount of Col I have." Zeke chuckled, turning away from the direction they were going to head back to Town. It was likely the biggest Town in Aincrad, so it wouldn't be hard to spot if they just kept going back until the trees ended.

"I'm not sure if we will see each other once we go separate ways, so I'll add you as a friend now before I forget. You can bug me whenever you want as long as I'm in a good mood. Just make sure to me create a lot of friendships, and get to know them before rushing off with 'em like you did me." Zeke kept going and going, almost like he was sending his own child off on their own for the first time. It seemed natural to him in his mind, but might have been considered insulting. "You probably know most of this anyway." Without looking to see her reaction to all that he said, Zeke flung his finger to the friends panel under his menu, selecting to invite and spell out Marisa before pressing send.

Giggling a bit. "Yeah I do already know most of that stuff, But I'm making no promises on how I act around people okay 'dad'." Marisa says jokingly as she follows Zeke back to town. Getting a friend request from Zeke. "So are you sayin I can call you anytime an as long as you have had a good day an you will help me out?" She says grinning mischievously while tapping the accept friend request button. Holding out her hand to him with the grin still on her face. "Consider us as partners in this interesting land Zeke." Thinking for a second she adds another thing. "Also do you mind if I jump on your shoulders so I can see if we are goin the right way towards the town?"

"Sure thing... honey." The word hesitated out of his mouth, using it to refer to her as his daughter. He hadn't done this sort of thing in a long time, but it felt nice to remember his ghost of past.

"You won't really know if I'll help you out, but you can message me anytime really. I might be able to act civilized." He then held his hand out to meet Marisa's. That grin she liked to wear before thinking of some prank to play on himself was in full effect. Starting to think about what he had just did, it was basically a life binding contract with this type of girl. "Partners... sure. Why do I feel like this is one of those situations where you're my so called 'daughter' who will pull every trick in the book to make her 'father' get her whatever she wants?" He chuckles, slapping Marissa's hand softly away after the handshake.

"Jump? When you put it that way, we'd both be in a lot of trouble there. Just kidding, I think I know what you mean." As part of his contract with the devil, Zeke bent down on one knee to Marisa, and waited for her to do as she wanted. (Heaven forbid...)

Making a face of mock confusion at his father daughter statement. "I don't know what your talking about it's just a friendly partners handshake ze~." She says and pulling herself up onto his shoulders putting a leg on either side of his head. "Alright I'm pretty sure I won't fall off so you can stand up now Zeke." She said as she starts to look around.

To prevent his attention from focusing too much on the way Marisa had positioned herself, Zeke deadlocked his eyes on the path ahead once he had both hands wrapped around her ankles. To his surprise, carrying her was much easier than he expected. Giving him an opportunity to use this situation's advantage to pull off what would be more dangerous back in the other world. Before starting off, Zeke scraped his boot along the ground like a Horse would to soften the dirt. In the few seconds before he took off, he hummed out a loud fanfare trumpet sound, and took off running down the plains of grass towards the only direction facing away from the trees they were both just in.  

Noticing what he was about to do, Marisa prepared herself and before he ran she lifted her hat into the air and said. "Hi-Ho, Silver! Away!" Making quite an old (And cheesy) reference as they headed across the field towards the town her laughing most of the way.

[Finished]

• 2 weeks later...