[PP-F4] Frostbite [Complete]

"I mean," he said quietly, "you don't have to apologize." He knew that had been a real jerk move on his part, but it was true. He couldn't stand the sight of tears. In an idyllic world, he would have explained why. This was Sword Art Online, however. This was anything but an idyllic world.

He took two steps forward, and without warning, slid down the snow covered cliff face. It would have appeared to Lessa that he'd hopped off the edge of the world and free fell, but once she looked over the edge, she'd see he was sliding down to the glade far below. Safe and secure, no different than a skier.

"Come on," he called back to her. "The view is even better down below." It truly was. Once he chambered onto the ground he looked up and found himself greeted by a previously unseen aurora. Alkor kept his weapons and armor equipped, since this wasn't technically a proper safe zone; if anything did happen on them, Alkor alone would be more than enough to face it.

Wiping an arm across his face, Alkor dismissed the single stream of salty water that drooled from his eye down his cheek. He turned and waited wordlessly for Lessa, trying to think of something to say. Maybe she wouldn't be upset with him for the strange outburst. It was one of the few things that triggered him, seeing someone else cry.

The sky was like a map of the universe, each star an island charted by some divine cartographer on the celestial sea. Aincrad had been their constant, slow moving ship. "My grandmother cries a lot," he muttered, mostly to himself. "She doesn't even remember why, most of the time. I think she's not happy anymore." It was before Lessa followed, so he never intended for her to hear his words. "I don't blame her," he revealed. "I didn't turn out to be much of a grandson. I went and got trapped in a game when I should have been taking care of her."

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though he told her that she did not have to apologize, she could not bring herself to turn back to him. She stood still, eyes still combing the stars above, but mind a mile away from the constellations. Her mind raced as she attempted to decode him. His every word, his every move. She couldn't read him, or predict his next action. Alkor was constantly surprising her, and it made her a bit uncomfortable. How could he touch her so gently, then scold her and make her feel so rotten? What might happen if she were to grow too attached to someone so unpredictable? What if I already have?

He called for her to follow him, and his voice seemed far away. When she turned back to him, he was nowhere to be found. Perplexed, Lessa ran toward the sound of his voice. When she came to a halt at the edge of a snow-covered cliff, she did not hesitate to leap after him. It was a short, easy ride to the bottom, and she was standing beside Alkor in only a matter of seconds. He was speaking, though not to her. She did not feel right interrupting, so she remained silent. But her lips turned downward as she picked up his final words.

At first, she remained still. Was it her place to speak to such a personal matter? And how would he respond? Lessa constantly felt as if she were walking on eggshells around him, and it drove her crazy. Finally, "it isn't your fault." Her words were simple, but she felt they were more than enough.

He thought to ask how long she'd been standing there, but it didn't really matter. Usually when he spoke to himself about those sorts of things, no one could hear him. Now, Lessa knew about his grandmother's deteriorating health and the guilt he felt for running off to find comfort in SAO. It was far too late to take that back. He felt no desire to do so, however.

"Couldn't have known the creator was a psychopath, sure," he replied. "But he didn't make me put on the NerveGear." There was a shrug after that, and he pointed toward the sky quietly. "It just means I need to work harder so I can get back and try to be better than I was."

He pointed so that she'd see the Aurora, which she probably hadn't noticed while listening to him. "I have too much to do back home to stay here forever." He started toward the center of the area, his arm dropping to his side again.

Snow crunched beneath his steps and Alkor opened his menu and the minimap showed him the layout of the Starglade. "There's supposed to be a field boss that can spawn under special conditions in this area," he said, "though I doubt you're interested in that just now."

The blonde smiled softly, moving her gaze back to the sky. The view was even more stunning from here, and she let the silence fall between them as she took it all in. She had thought that the stars back home were nice. Many evenings were spent lying beneath the stars, be it with friends, boyfriends, or alone. She could spend the entire night there, tracing the constellations and quizzing herself on the star names. Though astronomy had not come easy to her, she had grown to love the material. A required course had led to a fascination with everything just beyond her reach. There was something so mystical about the stars, and knowing their names made her feel closer to the unknown. Now, she knew none of their names. This was a different sky, but the sensation was still there. It gave her a bit of hope.

"I didn't know you before SAO, obviously," she started, never moving her gaze from the sky. "But you're an okay guy." Briefly, she worried that her comment might make him uncomfortable, but she felt that it still needed to be said. "I mean, okay enough that I'm out here with you." She shrugged slightly. "We're pretty different, you and I." Her voice was soft and gentle, and she hoped that would help him understand that she was not being critical. "But we're getting along fine. That has got to mean something."

"Different." He said the word and chuckled. "Yeah. I've heard that a lot." At the comment she made about him being ok, Alkor offered her a sidelong glance. "What you're trying to say is, you don't do this with all the guys, right?" He smirked; usually, it was Lessa who made the jokes to lighten the mood. It just made sense for him to pick up the slack, since she was the one who was tongue tied for once.

"I'm certainly something," he said finally. "Don't know what, yet."

When he keyed the map shut, Alkor glanced toward the far barrier mountain range, then scratched at the back of his head. There was talk- his information dealer had insisted- of a field boss that spawned in the Starglade from an event involving a meteor that landed when specific circumstances were met. The drop was a metal that could be used in blacksmithing, and Alkor wanted it to make a sword. Truthfully, that's what he'd wanted to come here for by himself. Lessa seemed disinterested, but he knew part- if not all- of how to trigger the event.

He wouldn't do it without her knowledge, though. She seemed to want to linger a bit and talk. "I heard that something amazing happens when the field boss gets put down," he said. "Not that it's been done before. Could just be talk."

His eyes flickered over the snow, and he thought. "There were explorers for hundreds of years who followed the stars to point them in the right direction," he was speaking aloud, but it was just his thoughts given voice. "My grandfather used to study navigation in his free time. He wrote books, too. Books about the war between the states, and trawlers that got converted into naval patrol boats during the second world war. The royal navy was still using conscription well into the twentieth century," he told her. "No one in this game wants to talk about stuff like that," he told her. "I haven't got a thing to say when people want to talk about Sword Art Online," he stated bluntly. "I want to talk about things I miss doing. I want a conversation that stimulates my mind, not one about how much damage I deal per hit."

He sighed. "This game was an attempt at escapism for me," he said, "but now, all I want is to go back. And I can't. Maybe that's why I feel like hating everything all the time."

His comment made her laugh. It felt good. "Well, the truth is, I only fight wendigos with guys I really like." She tossed him a wink over her shoulder.

Then it was back to business. Her smile faltered a bit, and she turned her attention back to the heavens. She had hoped that they could stay a while longer, just as they were now. But Alkor's mind was still on the game. Perhaps it was naive of her to believe that she could simply off the "game mode" at will. Even this haven could not distract him from his mission. She opened her mouth to let him know she was ready to fight.

But he spoke first. And his words shocked her. Only seconds before, he had her believing the game was his priority. Yet here he was, letting her know he wanted something more. Or maybe he was not telling her intentionally. It seemed that he was simply talking to herself, as he paid her no mind. She tilted her head slightly as she listened.

Then, Lessa placed her hands on her hips, and shrugged nonchalantly. "Not to brag," she began dramatically, "but I did get a 3.0 in astronomy 302 back home. You could say I'm an expert." Then she grew serious. "Besides, I already know how much damage you deal. Tell me something I don't know." And she meant it. She longed to know more about the man who had been a mystery to her for so long.

"Heh," he said, turning to face her as he looked up at the sky again. "I took Astronomy once, in high school," he said, "the teacher made the algebraic portion minimal. I was never much of a math guy, and it was my senior year. The entire class signed up for an easy A, and the teacher knew it." He laughed. "Don't think she liked it very much, though."

He shook his head, dismissing the memory. "I didn't get along with a lot of people when I was a kid," he admitted. "I don't think I've gotten any better at it with time." He shrugged. "I was more of a history guy."

His grandfather had a lot to do with his choice to pursue history; when he spoke about it, his face seemed to light up. "I never finished college," he said, "I had too much going on at home. I dropped out to take care of grandmom while also paying on my loan."

Though he was far from stressed about the loan these days, thinking about it reminded him of how much stress the game had placed on him in its stead. "One day, I'll go back, though." For now, he was Alkor, a character in SAO on a self prescribed mission. "For now, I'm going to protect everyone," he said. She had heard him say it before, but not like that. Not with such vehemence. "That's my goal here," he said. "I won't let any more players die. Not if I can stop it."

He turned slightly away from her, hands folded across his chest. "I've never been able to do much in the real world," he sighed. "But when I get back, I won't waste the chance. You know?"

"I'm not sure if I've told you this," she started, the faintest traces of a blush adorning her cheeks, "but I'm actually studying to be a teacher back home. A history teacher. I'm actually very close to finishing my degree..." her voice trailed, as a pained expression crossed her face. "Er, I was close. I guess I don't know what will happen when I get home."

She hugged herself tighter, staring up at the flickering stars. They seemed so far away, yet somehow, they seemed closer than the life she left behind. How can it be that virtual stars feel more accessible than home? Had she really been in the game so long that the body she left behind no longer seemed real? She paused to glance down at her own hands, holding them out in front of her. This body seemed real. This life seemed real. Now, it was real life that seemed like a fantasy.

"You'll get back there," she told him, moving her attention from her hands to her companion. "I've never doubted you. Not once." Then, as an afterthought, "and you're getting along with me. That's worth something, right? You must be getting better at it." For the umpteenth time since they first met, she found herself admiring his passion. The determination he showed was extraordinary. You could even hear it in his voice when he spoke. If anyone was going to beat SAO, it would be Alkor. And she hoped he might keep her along for the ride.

"Well, you're already there, aren't you?" He asked with a smirk. "Once you get back, you'll finish. With that little left to do, all you have to do is get your priorities in order."

That was all he could really offer her. It wasn't like his advice was any good, given he hadn't made it nearly as far. He wouldn't talk about his failings, though. Once he made it back to the real world, he would just try harder to make up for them.

When she spoke up about him getting back, and getting along with her, he snorted a laugh. "Yeah," he said, "you put up with me better than anyone else does." He wasn't used to people keeping him around for more than a group, but that was fine with him. He'd built a reputation as a solo player, and he had no intention of changing that. Not yet, anyway. "You're the people person between the two of us," he admitted. "Your guild is going to beat the game before I ever do. It's just not something you do alone."

He scratched thoughtlessly at his chin. "You know," he said, "I heard that the boss drops a mythical item for blacksmithing," Alkor revealed. "I wanted to try to get a legendary quality sword. And, well..." he stammered, "I heard the event after clearing the field boss is... really stellar."

He laughed, and she grinned back at him. "I know, right? Who would have guessed that someone like you would become my go-to person?" Someone like you? She quickly realized how poorly she had phrased her comment, and she felt the need to backpedal. Choosing her words carefully, she continued, "I mean, most of my friends are like me - outgoing, loud," she laughed, "a little obnoxious sometimes." Lessa motioned in his direction, and proceeded slowly. "You're different. You're harder to read. I sure try though, believe me. And it drives me crazy." Her shoulders rose and fell in a slight shrug. "Its harder, with you. I have a harder time controlling my emotions. I'm sure you're well aware of that though." The smile she gave him was one part humor, two parts embarrassment. "I guess its because I'm used to people being open to me. And you're... well, you're not. Seems to throw everything out of whack for me."

"But I keep coming back," she concluded, her voice much softer than it was when she began. "And I probably won't stop, even after I create this guild."

Realizing that she was rambling, Lessa ran a hand through her blonde hair, dropping her gaze to the ground. His mind was back on the mission. Might as well go along with it. It would be a welcome subject change, if nothing else. She had accidentally talked her way into a corner, and perhaps a good battle would ease any tension that came of it. "Sounds like you really want to fight this thing," she told him, pulling up her equipment list. "How could I say no?"

"Uh." For once, Alkor didn't have an answer to give. She pretty much said, "hey, I don't know what I'm doing when I'm around you, and I'm usually a very composed person." There wasn't any more straightforward she could have been, except screaming into his ear with a megaphone that she had feelings of some kind for him. Alkor certainly didn't need that much telling. "Right. The boss," he stammered.

If his face felt this warm before, he hadn't noticed. "Well, once we get closer to the other side of the map, the event should trigger," he said. "Let me equip the shield again, just to be safe."

He flicked through the menu and his Twinfire Reflector appeared once more on his back, ready to be wielded at a moment's notice. "My information dealer told me that its a dangerous creature, but not necessarily one that indigenous to the level. Something about space, or something."

He knew the drill, to some degree. Space metal, meteorite... it'd probably be some sort of extraterrestrial beast. He'd let the surprise come when it got there. "As long as you don't mind fighting," he said, "I'll make sure you stay safe."

It wouldn't be long, now. Red lines streaked across the sky like scars, fleeting away almost as quickly as they appeared. A few more steps, and the meteorite would slam into the ground ahead of them, and everything would get started.

The young woman made a few selections on her menu. As she closed out of it, her gear began to materialize. Her chest shimmered for a moment, and then the light hardened into her silver breastplate. On her hands, her gauntlets appeared much the same way. Finally, she felt the familiar weight on her back. Hell Rose was back. It was time to fight.

"Ditto," she threw back at him, lips curling into a smile. Alkor spent all of his time and energy trying to protect others. She wondered if he had someone to protect him. He has me, she thought to herself, and her smile grew. I've come close to losing him twice. The first time, I was too weak. I was scared. But I wasn't weak the second time. And I won't ever be too weak again. "Come on," she called over her shoulder, jogging a few steps away from him.

She knew the moment she set off the event. Something in the air seemed to change. The serene place grew a little colder. A light wind began to whirl around her, kicking up the loose snow at her feet. And a particularly bright red light appeared. As it streaked across the sky, it did not fizzle out the way its brothers had. Instead, it seemed to grow closer. The wind picked up. Her hair was blown back from her face as the object rushed toward her. Lessa drew her sword, never moving her attention from the heavens. She bent her legs a bit, preparing for impact. Here we go.

Smoke and ash rose up from the fallen meteorite, and Alkor readied his sword and shield for what came next. He situated himself between Lessa and the towering column of smoke, and when he heard the mighty howl, he was silently glad he had.

"I know that sound," he grated. "I know what this boss is."

His words drowned beneath the rise of a titan. The head came first, eyes shut and head bowed in an almost reverent way as it ascended from the shouldering ruin. The serpentine scales that covered its body glimmered in the starlight that showered the battlefield. As it rose to its full height, the creature opened its wicked, red eyes to stare down at them. Ye who have wakened me from my eternity of slumber, it murmured groggily, "I shall reward with slumber eternal of thine own."

The behemoth, serpentine creature had two large arms crossed at its chest, but those now slowly descended toward the earth. With a profane hiss, two blades dark as night slid from his hips into his hands and in a sickening way paralleled the night sky. It took something beautiful and made it evil.

Four massive health bars stretched out and filled above the boss' head, and its name glowed an evil red. <<Orochi, Exiled from Heaven>> Alkor noted the accents and adaptations from the traditional mythology, but the name fit exactly as it needed to. He knew this creature for what it was. A creature bent on destruction.

Alkor: 17/17

Lessa: 17/17

Orochi, Exiled from Heaven: 100/100

[Armored: Orochi takes 2 damage less from attacks.

Darkness: on a rolled one (BD), a player is inflicted with the "darkness" debuff. This lasts for three rounds and causes the player to lose 2 from their BD rolls for the duration.

Damage: Orochi deals 8 base damage]

"Oh my god," Lessa breathed, tilting her head back so that she could get the full view of the monstrosity before her. The sheer size of it was enough to make her skin crawl, but that was not the worst of it. Her mind immediately created a list of things to watch out for. Those beautiful, terrifying scales would provide armor, most likely protecting it from their attacks. The black blades that seemed to mold themselves into his hands proved that he would be more than capable of dealing out his own blows. And those eyes. Those red eyes that seemed to burn into her frightened her the most. When she met his gaze, she felt physically ill.

She hovered behind Alkor for a moment, doing her best to plan out an attack. She knew that her companion had his shield, and that he would be able to take more damage for that reason. If Orochi decided to lash out, he would be the one best suited to block it. Maybe I should strike first, and be out of the way before the beast retaliate?

It was not a fool-proof plan, but it seemed to make sense to her in the moment. Speed had not always been her strong suit, what with her heavy weapon and clunky armor. But Alkor was playing the role of the tank now (to the best of his ability), and it would be up to her to deal out as much damage as possible. Without a sound, the girl slipped by Alkor, fighting the urge to brush alongside him as she did. The physical contact would have been comforting, but she knew now was not the time.

Orochi and his weapons seemed to grow even larger as she approached him, but she did not stop to dwell on the fact. Instead, she tucked her head down, and pumped her legs in an attempt to pick up more speed. Her heavy weapon was held to one side as she ran, and when she neared Orochi's leg, she stuck her sword out just far enough to make contact. His blades still frightened her, and the thought of getting too close still made her ill. But she knew she had to start somewhere. Luckily, the enemy had not managed to get his great swords around in time to strike her, and they swiped at the air where she had been seconds before.

{Rolled a 5 on the d10 die (5 + 3 accuracy = 8). Lessa deals 3 damage - base, +2 Hell Rose, +2 two-handed skill (Orochi's armor mitigates 2 damage).}

Orochi, Exiled from Heaven: 97/100

[Orochi's turn]

"How many millennia have past since I was cast away?" While absolutely intimidating, Orochi had a story that most bosses simply lacked. Though he made no move to strike, he spoke more to the world around him than the players. "There was a time when we gods watched as the humans toiled fruitlessly toward efforts they fancied necessary. Futility has always been in their nature, yet they deign to fight against it. Blades of grass before a scythe."

Those demonic eyes glared skyward, as if promising vengeance on those same gods who had laid him to rest. "Here I stand, humans," he mocked. "Strike me down with your delusions of freedom from the strings of fate."

His gaze fell on the two players who faced him, and as the woman struck him, he chuckled.

Rolled a 2 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 5 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 20 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Orochi, Exiled from Heaven: 97/100

As the beast caused the land to rumble with laughter alone, Alkor narrowed his eyes. Fear was the tool of all things evil to strengthen their hold on the weak. According to legend, the eight headed serpent Yamata no Orochi lorded over Izumo, terrorized a destitute family. The old man and woman purportedly had eight daughters, and in order to keep the peace, Orochi demanded that they sacrifice one of them every seven years.

The hooded player grunted his indifference. He held no place for that fear in his heart. This was just a boss, like any other. Orochi's fall had come at the cunning hands of Susano'o, the god of storms. While this creature had only one head and no interest in getting too drunk to function, it was clearly not mortal, as evidenced by its already less than full health bars.

Raising his Anneal Blade evenly, Alkor burst into action. His face hid slightly behind the blazing shield strapped to his arm, but Alkor felt those piercing eyes fixed on him. He felt an immense loathing, something ageless and ancient. Perhaps it saw in him a hero, the way Yamata no Orochi had once looked at Susano'o.

His weapon swiped toward the scales of the mighty beast, and though he could only manage to hit a leg from this vantage point, he felt the blade tremble as though it had bitten deep. The creature continued to bellow its dangerous laughter, but the first HP bar dipped just a bit more.

Alkor's eyes searched for a means to get higher, and possibly to strike from a different angle. For now, though, he'd have to settle for staying grounded.

Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 15 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Alkor deals (1+1+3=5-2=3+1 critical) 4 damage.

Orochi, Exiled from Heaven: 93/100

Listening to him speak was enough to make her stomach plummet. As his thundering voice surrounded her, she did her best to block it out. She needed to focus. She needed to be at the top of her game. Letting this enormous creature from the sky get into her head would not help anyone. Lessa clenched her jaw tightly, honing in on Orochi. Then, she brought her shimmering pink claymore up to a ready position, and tightened her grip on the hilt. His laughter pierced her heart, but perhaps it was the opening that she needed.

She leapt into action, picking up speed once more. Orochi let forth another string of deep, gutteral laughter, and she let forth a growl of her own. It was as if she was trying to drown out the sound. Or, at the very least, block it out. The woman dashed past Orochi once again, stretching her blade out and taking another piece out of the enemy's leg. The beast did not even flinch.

The blonde slowed a bit, chest rising and falling, a stream of hot breath rising from her lips. Her gaze immediately moved to Orochi's health bar. "No," she murmmered, horrified to see that she had made hardly any difference. It was a change, but the thing was hardly fighting back. She would have to change her approach, and fast.

{Rolled a 6 on the d10 dice. Lessa deals 3 damage - base, +2 Hell Rose, +2 two-handed skill. Orochi's armor mitigates 2 damage.}

Orochi, Exiled from Heaven: 90/100

[Orochi's turn]

The female player struck again, and his eyes flicked down to regard her. "You fight against the inevitable. Why not let it all slip away?" Orochi's sinister voice slithered through the mind, body, and spirit of the two players faced with him.

When he watched the male player, shield ready and readying for another attack, he saw the attempt to amass hate and draw his attention. Orochi was a boss; his AI was a special event, and his hate bar worked differently than most. Right now, it was set for stoic. Lessa had dealt the most damage, so she had the strike aimed for her.

The sleek, evil blades moved like vicious sharks through the sea of stars and tore toward Lessa, despite the male's attempt to move himself in the way. This blow was meant for her, and her alone. "Sleep as I once slept, and know a nightmare without end."

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 8 on the d20 (loot) dice.

8 damage (if block, parry, or dodge attempt unsuccessful)

Orochi, Exiled from Heaven: 90/100

The gargantuan serpent Voss swung it's malefic blades toward Lessa, and Alkor responded in a blur of motion. Any normal tank would have failed to get in the way of an attack that fast made any distance from themselves.

Conjoining his new <<Sprint>> skill- something he had yet to use in front of any other player- with <<Block>>, Alkor rushed between the beast and his quarry.

The shield roared out its defiance as the hissing, shifting black metal slid across its surface. Alkor braced himself behind the aegis firmly, absorbing the impact of the blow and letting it ripple through all of his limbs.

By the time Lessa realized she'd been saved, she'd be looking at his back and a swirling haze of flames. The wall of fire dispersed around the blade of Orochi, who seemed to fixate his evil, lurid eyes on Alkor.

"Child of the earth," the snake boss rumbled, "you need not struggle so. Once I have given you rest, I will bring it to all your kin. Take solace in that."

Alkor glanced back at Lessa and spoke reassuringly to her. "It's just a scripted series of code," he told her. "Focus on killing it. The story is pretty epic, right?" His lips curled up in a soft smirk.

When he slapped aside Orochi's mighty weapon, Alkor raced forward and took hold of the wrappings on the leg of the god. He gripped tightly, swinging his sword and gouging in as deeply as he could.

Orochi gave an angry bellow and fell to a knee, forcing Alkor to let go in order to prevent being crushed. "Now," he called to Lessa. "You can do it, Lessa!"

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 7 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 8 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Alkor deals 5 damage. (Super Critical)

Block successful! No damage taken.

Orochi takes 2 damage from Flame Thorns

Orochi, Exiled from Heaven: 83/100 [staggered, activating battle healing next turn]

The blades of darkness swung toward her. Instinctively, the woman lifted her heavy claymore to eye-level. She bent her knees, buckling down, and willing herself to remain sturdy when the massive attack hit her. She took a deep breath, filling her lungs to capacity, and holding it there. She waited. But the attack never came.

Confused, Lessa glanced up toward Orochi. Something obstructed her view. Alkor. She whispered his name, finally realizing what it was that he had just done for her. Lips parted as she made an attempt to thank him, but he cut her off. How lighthearted and easy his words were. It startled her. "Er, right," She replied, still breathing heavily and shaking slightly. Was it an interesting story? Sure. But it would have been more enjoyable as a movie, especially if she was watching it from her safe couch back home.

She watched silently as Alkor took off again. Watching him throw himself back into the fight reminded her of just how strong he was. He was more at ease than she had ever seen him when he was staring down death. The danger seemed to give him purpose. It was remarkable. He truly is in his element.

Then he called out to her, and that was all the motivation that she needed. She shoved off her back foot, boot slipping slightly on the packed snow. Her partner had succeeded in momentarily bringing down the enemy. Now was her chance.

Though Orochi was on one knee, she still needed a bit of height to land her planned attack. He was hunched over slightly, but she was still able to weave her heavy blade under his arm, giving her access to his midsection. She rammed the blade into the scales, and let it drag across them as she blew past.

{Rolled a 6 on the d10 dice. Lessa deals 3 damage - base, +2 Hell Rose, +2 two-handed skill. Orochi's armor mitigates 2 damage.}

Orochi, Exiled from Heaven: 80/100