[OP-F2] Earning a Performer Living

Tristan felt a real desire for music. The sheer lack of it was quite unnerving to his ears.

He had never realised it before, but he became almost dependent on music. Which he couldn't blame himself for really either.

However with the power of system assistance, one could only imagine what with instruments you could do. When cooking is done automatically, imagine using the system to assist playing. He could sample and loop music most likely. He felt with that the inspiration to make something magical. He should cover the songs he could still remember from his time in the real world.

But what could he play? He never could do guitar or anything of the sort. The only instrument he could play to a competent level was in his school orchestra the cello, an instrument with a calm but powerful bass like his voice. His singing was never that great either.

Tristan sighed as he thought.

The cello...of course! With the power of system assistance and a bit of creativity, he could do something great with it! Hopefully having music will solve his apathy too, since lately he hasn't felt like doing anything. This could be the big change.

"Floor 2."

Here he was again, looking over the rolling plains. He was probably going to get sick of the sight of pseudo-Scotland soon. For now though, he had to bear with it and fight this hermit in a cave who could teach him solo cello properly. For once, he was actually motivated for himself to do something, rather than wanting to just 'get on with it'.

"At least the weather is better since the last time I was here." He knew he was cursing himself saying this, however that didn't matter. He could manage it somehow. It wasn't like he recently gained an allergy to water either, so rain should be a non-issue in this journey.

He walked on forward, the grass brushing against his feet and a light breeze combing his long, flowing crimson hair. He really felt like he needed some armour, but he supposed that could wait for now. Still, he would like the security of armour clinging to his skin and offering protection against oncoming forces.

"Oh well, gotta live with it for now."

Argumail hopped from tree to tree praticing his violin. The music caressed the sounds of nature perfectly. This in fact pleased him, started playing louder and fast. The Sounds increased with him and he smiled. He landed straight in to middle and play one final teary note. He looked in the distance and saw a traveller, Argumail then flipped up into the trees, so nobody could see him.

Tristan heard the faint whisperings of melody in the air. He suspected it was an A minor, but couldn't tell from the distance.

The sound became louder with a crescendo and travelled on the same wavelength as the wind that flew, melody riding along the air.

Then, the music left one final mark in the air which rang across the entire field. With its teary departure, there was only the hush of the wind. The breeze made a slight 'woosh' sound as the grass and trees rustled from it.

Tristans long hair also picked up from the wind, partially covering his face. He stood there, taking in the sound.

"Hah....if only I had an instrument to practice with. I wonder who that person playing was too..."

A redhaired man? Argumail was confused now, he thought it was an enemy player. He jumped down to traveller from the tree. After inspecting him. He was looked at him with a curious look, one you might  get from an animal. "What say you?then?" Argumail looked at him like he was not even human. He held his makeshift violin in hand. "Have you heard that melody before?" Argumail laughed

Tristan raised an eyebrow at the man who jumped down, who couldn't even seem to tell what he was.

"My hair may be red, but my cursor isn't."

He looked at the violin. It was clearly not from the quest reward for being a performer, but his own.

"I can't say I have. I do know some tunes that I can play, but I'll require a cello. I don't think that would be something you happen to have to hand though."

Tristan chuckled. The thought of a walking music store was rather amusing.

Tristan looked a bit surprised.

"That's...a lot. I'm not sure whether that's worth doing, seeing as I'll get an instrument after I've done the Performer quest. Do you have other instruments on you? I can play a bit of guitar..."

This was mostly his apathy talking, who saw getting these things for an instrument he may not use a waste of energy.

Tristan thanked him with a nod as he took the guitar, tuning it by ear. It was a while since had played it. With that he attempted to do a song he had done before.

Rolled a 2 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He went completely out of tune with the second note. He flushed slightly in embarassment.

"Ahhh hang on that wasn't it. Lemme try again..."

Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He was finally hitting the right notes. It was a song he much enjoyed and once he got the tune right, he began singing. It wasn't a perfect performance, but then he was no performer yet.

http://youtu.be/_2l4l5Ajl1U

Tristan kept up with him in fact with great ease. Having skilled in Acrobatics, he could probably do system assisted quadruple backflips in the air, as useless as that would be.

The name of Winstrup brought back memories of a place back in the real world in Germany called Wintrup. It housed a band back then called Kraan.

The real world...Tristan shook his head and continued on, hopping from one to the other.

Tristan was playing with plucking for ambiance during the tearjerking section, then strummed several chords as it got upbeat. He began singing a song which remarkably matched the violin that was being played, which also worked well with his guitar. It was a song his father used to play on the mandolin when he was a child.

Tristan joined in with the audience who clapped. It looks like it was set on what he would do. He would hopefully buy this guitar and using the Sphere of Symphony he can make a cello, from which to do masterpieces as was just shown to him. He also had half a mind to play the Toccata in D Minor on it, though that will take some time before he could play it proficiently.

The audience was at this point either basking them in glory or moved to tears from their performance. Tristan merely smiled and had idle chatter with them, some players mixed in with the NPC's who sought a more peaceful life.