(SP-F1) A walk outside the safe zone

Sunlight seek in from the window. He wake up lazily while stretching his arms forward. After eating a bread, he sit and think for a while.

"What should I do today...."
"I guess if I need to become stronger in this world,I need to train harder. Which means..."

His mind wander to the moment he fought yesterday. Thanks to his carelessness, he almost die fighting a level 1 Wild Boar. He shakes his head and slap his cheeks with both hands.

"Not today.This time I have prepare myself....a bit......"
"Well,no use sitting here forever"

He then make necessary preparation and go to the north gate.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He walk steadily toward the north gate while looking around. Looks like there are less player today in the city. He assume that some people are brave for facing the reality and admire them for their courage. He question himself if he have that kind of courage.

"Well,it will develop slowly I hope."

Finally reaching the north gate,he take a deep breath and let it out before stepping out from the safe zone.

"Here I go."

Today,he will play safe. He decided to search for easy mobs for lesser risk. From his experience,smaller mob means easier fight,although there will be less challenge.

"Challenge.Right. If I can revive after die maybe I will go fight the Floor Boss even if my level is 1."
"But then again,that is a stupid thing to do."

Realizing how stupid he is for a while,he decide to cast away those thinking and focus on searching. It's not long before he found his desired target.

"Alright small boar,time for a revenge for what you have did yesterday"
"Now,if what I read from the beta tester forum,they said that you can do something like this..."

He pick up a small stone near his feet and focus on the boar. Then he throw the stone at his target. Blue trajectory follow the stone as it fly to the boar.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Yuji: 5/5
Wild Boar: 1/3

OOC: All hail the battle dice~

The boar certainly is not happy getting stone threw at him, Yuji is bewildered because the stone can deal large damage.

"What is this,a railgun?"

The boar noticing its attacker, quickly charge at him with its hard head. Yuji quickly snap out of his 'dealt a critical damage with stone' and prepare for the incoming attack.

• Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Wild boar: 1/3

Thanks to his previous experience,he is now more or less gain the hang of the combat system. His reflex is now a bit quicker,if not slower. He dodge the boar attack with little difficulty. He draw his sword from the scabbard and rush at the boar,hoping this will end the fight.

• Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Thanks to his previous experience,he is now more or less gain the hang of the combat system. His reflex is now a bit quicker,if not slower. He dodge the boar attack with little difficulty. He draw his sword from the scabbard and rush at the boar,hoping this will end the fight.

• Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Of course,that is a wishful thinking. He's still adapting himself with the system. His attack fall a bit short near the boar. The boar,as if realizing this its chance try to headbutt him. He realize that he is not in a good situation. Hoping he is quick enough, he jump away from the boar with hope the boar's headbutt will miss.

• Rolled a 2 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 20 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Lucky enough,his reaction this time is quick. He jump away from the boar before it is able to hit him. Gripping his sword tightly,he try to slash the boar while it is recovering from its attack.

• Rolled a 1 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d20 (loot) dice.
  •  

The boar seems to be getting smarter,as if its attacking this newbie attack. The boar dodge the his attack easily. Yuji is getting frustrated because his attack is not connecting. His fear is rising slowly too.He fear that his attack will never hit the boar,and the boar will slowly attack him until he die.

"Ugh..."

The boar,after dodging prepare itself. It then try to tackle Yuji with all its might.

• Rolled a 8 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  •  

Maybe because of his adrenaline,maybe he is lucky or maybe his sense of fear helps him. He doesn't know,but what he knows is he don't want to die. He close his eyes and jump to the left,hoping for the best. He dodge the attack and land near the boar when it stop. When he open his eyes,he know that if he didn't do something,his HP bar will surely fall.

And attack he must. He slash upwards at the boar point blank,his sword tear through the boar's flesh.

• Rolled a 4 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Wild Boar: 0/3

In front of his eye,the boar shatter too million pieces of data fragment. He lie down on the ground,breathing heavily,

"That was one hell of a fight.Who knows that a boar can last longer even if it is level 1..."

• Rolled a 3 on the d20 (loot) dice.

"Congratulations!"
"You level up!"

"That's it? No drop? Sigh...."

"Well whatever,as long as i leveled up."

He stand up and brush the dirt away from his cloth. He then think for a while.

"Alright,let's continue."

He walk for a few minute,searching for a new target. He feel a little confident fighting a middle size mobs now because he is level 3 now.

"Hmm? What is that little flying thing over there?"
"Maybe I should get closer..."

He approach that unknown object slowly. He have to be careful because if it is an enemy,he doesn't want to charge at the monster blindly. Finally he know what he he saw.

"Oh,it's a wasp.Fighting this mobs should be okay."

The wasp notice him. Sensing the danger it will face,it quickly assume combat position.

"Uh oh,better be careful"

He make the first attack by closing in the distance and make an upward slash. He grip his sword with both hand,hoping it will deal extra damage.

• Rolled a 4 on the d20 (loot) dice

Yuji: 9/9
Wasp: 2/5

The wasp is thrown back a bit from the force his attack.He smile because he just land a critical attack. The wasp point its stinger at him and attack him.

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 11 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Yuji: 8/9
Wasp: 2/5

The attack connect,and his Hp drop a bit. Luckily it's not a critical hit. After a brief moment,he prepare himself for his second strike; a downward slash.

"Take this!"

• Rolled a 12 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  •  

Yuji: 9/9
Wasp: 1/5

His sword graze the wasp's body.Its HP drop to the red zone. He feel confident that he can finish this fight in his next attack. He quickly assume defense position,waiting for the wasp to attack.

The wasp circle around him and try to attack from his back quickly. He quickly duck,knowing that the wasp is aiming for his back.

• Rolled a 1 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 18 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Wasp: 1/5

After he duck,he aim his sword upward and aim for his body. He lunge fiercely at the wasp with rage.

"Hyaaaaaaahhh!!"

The sword pierce through the wasp. Its HP drop to zero,making it shatter to million pieces.

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  •  

Wasp: 0/5

"Phew,finally defeated that mob."

• Rolled a 12 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d20 (loot) dice.

"Congratulations!"

He blink a few times. He rub his eyes a few times when he look at the message window.

"What?! No drop? Not even 1 or 2 col?"
"Kayaba,you made a game with awesome graphics but terrible drop rate...."
"Sigh,maybe it's not my lucky day...."

He drop his shoulder,feeling a little disappointed because he got nothing for his hard work. 

"Oh well,maybe I'll get lucky at my next encounter."

So he retrace his step back towards the city gate. Before he go back,he want to fight another mob. 

"I wonder what will I encounter next?"

He feel like challenging himself,considering himself more or less experienced with the combat. Besides,he need to change his luck. In his head,stronger mobs equals to better drop. Of course,he look for a mob that won't kill him with one strike. Why would someone go for a suicide mission anyway?

After searching for what may seems to be eternity,he found the mob that he want. A boar which is a little bigger than the normal one. 

"This one looks strong,I wonder if I can defeat it...."

His combat shake hits him. His hand tremble abit. He clench his sword tighter while his left hand hold the other hand firmly. He stop the shaking. With a firm resolute,he approach the boar carefully until he enter the combat range.

After he close in,he quickly charge forward.He try for a lunge at the boar while the boar doesn't notice him. But he run too fast his attack miss. His attack land far from his target and he can't change his attack trajectory due to his speed.

"Well,isn't this convenient..."

• Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Wild Boar: 7/7