[PP-F1] Yin & Yang (Kiru) (Complete)

Tristan played his guitar in the bar, though to himself in a corner on a table rather than anywhere else, his feet on the table and relaxing on a chair, an empty one next to him. He didn't await for anyone, but just felt like not being in his studio for a while.

The guitar sang as his fingers danced across them, though Tristan at the moment was not singing. He simply looked over the view of the bar, since at this point he was practised enough that he didn't need to watch his fingers to play. The day outside was cold too, but inside it was rather warm and cozy.

He began thinking about school, where he remembered the stuck up girls in his class. They had a rather large superiority complex, attempting to show themselves as above everyone else. Yet in the few years after leaving secondary school, they had achieved little to nothing, while he now runs as deputy manager a videogame store. Well, that is hoping he wasn't fired in between being trapped in SAO and all.

Tristan released the thought and returned to simply playing.

I lifted my head up from the bar table and looked around, dazed from sleeping. My left eye gave the slightest twitch as I heard a guitar start to play. It wasn't bad, actually it was pretty good. But right now it was getting on my nerves and annoying the crap out of me.I located the source of the playing, smoothed my two-toned hair and walked over. Along the way I shot a few glares to some of the other players, warning them not to mess with me. I crossed my arms over my chest and shot icy daggers at the player, obviously content with where he was sitting. Would you cut it out? I hate to break it to you but your playing isn't that good, it sounds like screeching to me. Also, you woke me from my nap with that thingI smirked a little and stared at the man. 

Tristan raised an eyebrow, then let his guitar return to its base form as the Sphere of Symphony, an item tied to a performer that cannot be given or taken or used by other players. He held the sphere in his hand. He was strangely reminded of the very girls he thought of before, asserting their authority. This girl looked to be about 18, so had probably not yet met the harsh reality of life like he had at now the age of 22.

"Would you prefer something more orchestral, such as a violin? Or a cello? I know how to play many instruments after all, its in my profession."

He was getting on my nerves even more now, he wasn't even fazed by my insult. Right now he was not only being annoying but interesting. This man didn't seem to acknowledge my anger, yet. Actually, I would prefer that one song I'm sure you know it, what was it? Oh right, the silent song! Without being invited I sat down in the empty chair beside him and leaned back. After relieving a deep exhale I sat up straight again and looked across from me, I could feel the eyes of the other players occupying the bar burn into my head. I shot around and instantly they all seemed to be quite intrigued by the floor.

My eyes widened as he strummed his guitar and started to play the song. I recognized it immediately on the first word, my grandfather used to sing this with me. I closed my eyes and let him play it until the last note, that's when I shot back. F-first of all, I believe that song is meant to be sung with two people. Second, this song is what your doing right now, disturbing my sound of silence! I spat out with a different tone of voice. 

Tristan could head the cracking of her voice with her first word. He wondered if he was getting through whatever it was she put up against people.

Tristan spoke with slight jest in his tone "Ahhhh well you see...if you know that then you should have joined in. Maybe you have a different song you want to sing along to?" His tone was gentle, as though completely unfazed by her hostility.

I don't sing...I muttered and avoided eye contact with him. Stop being foolish, don't let him use your own words against you! He's acting like he doesn't care... I told with myself in my head until I took a deep breath and smirked. If I joined in then I would be disturbing your silence, we wouldn't want that now would we? Anyways, I knew that song, who doesn't? I shrugged and flicked the white half of my hair over my left shoulder.

Tristan smiled. He was rather enjoying this verbal exchange, he hadn't had one like this in the game for a while.

"I find silence quite unnerving after a time. When I joined the game, I found that with no music that I was getting irritable and apathetic. If I keep myself busy with music though, I can divert that stress."

Tristan moved aside some of his red hair that was in his face.

"Also I'm not sure you caught the last part. I was wondering if there were any other songs you want to listen to or sing a long to, unless you want to play the same one that is."

I scoffed at his words and rolled my eyes. So he did notice that I didn't answer the question...I thought and smirked, most players would just forget about the question. They knew not to push for an answer but he did, I admired that about him. He also was unnerved by my insults. I sighed and answered the question. I said I don't sing, I also haven't heard music in a little so it's quite annoying right now. 

A shame indeed...I said as I watched the guitar transform into a sphere again. I was in no hurry to spark up a conversation so I too laid my head against the wall. As I did so I let my mind wander off. Maybe I should choose a profession? But what would I do, I'll end being a PK anyway so what's the point...

Tristan turned his head to look at the girl as he spoke, still relaxing.

"So what do you do or want to do anyway? I assume if you keep up that absrasive front, that you're a solo player. Though that might be because you don't have someone you trust yet."

Tristan shrugged to himself in gesture. He wondered his this woman actually thought, her deep desires, rather than how she talks to him.

I grinned wickedly as I spoke, obviously being sarcastic. Me, abrasive? Now where in the world of Aincrad did you get that idea? If I were to be abrasive then I would have been hostile, I'm not hostile am I?  Once again, I dodged the initial question and got some of my humor in place too. This part about myself tended to tick off some players I have met, they claimed that I was annoying but then again did I care in the first place?

Tristan let the rather poorly crafted and obvious sarcasm roll past and over him. He got enough of that when he was in an all boys school, where it was to the brim of it. Lukcily the adult working world was not tolerant of sarcasm.

"Well I hoping to see if I could help with whatever was making you so, hence why I asked what you wanted."

He gave a look of knowing what she did with sliding away from the question.

What I want is to not be pestered with meaningless questions, you giving me a headache... I said and touched my head. I gave a out an overly dramatic wince of fake pain and sat forward. As the NPC waitress came by I touched her on the shoulder and asked her for a glass of water. I didn't bother asking if he wanted anything. At first she looked panicked by me but then she just scribbled it down and scurried away. 

Tristan sipped on some wine he had bought earlier that was still on the table and had never got around to drinking.

"Well I just wanted to get to know better the person who is sitting with me. After all, I feel if I don't say anything that then you'd just grow bored and ignore me, then probably walk away. Instead though, you're still here, sitting with lil old me."

The NPC waitress returned and hesitantly placed the glass of water on a neatly fold napkin on the edge of the table. She didn't look at me as she hurried away, tending to the other players. I picked up the cup and the coldness of the cup instantly sent chills around my hands. Your right, I would probably be bored right now..I can't really say whether I'm bored or not right now though. Oh and you said an oxymoron by the way. I said, sounding bored. After that I pressed the edge of the glass to my lips and started to drink. The cold water felt good.

Tristan rolled his eyes and sipped on his wine. He wondered if they were of even legal age to drink here, wondering if the game even had an age verification system for alcoholic drinks.

"I do wonder about you though. It's difficult to tell how much about you is what I see and how much is hidden. All I see is a beautiful girl who shouldn't be alone."

He really cursed his honesty at times. It was certainly one of his flaws at times, depending how the person received it.

I chuckled at his compliment, as anyone could see I had a large ego, I was beautiful and I knew it.  I'm tired of being around people who don't actually care about me, they just want to be seen with me. Besides, I have myself to keep me company, and I'm a pretty interesting person! It's up to you to decide my intentions, beliefs, and most importantly, what is true and what isn't true.  I said while I finished off the last of my water. No one came by the table this time so I just set it upside down and waited impatiently.