[PP- F2] Hankerin' for Hunger [Complete]

"Well, your weapon is good for now, but I recommend getting a new weapon, possibly of rare or perfect quality when you have the col to do so" she replied. It is a lot easier to fight with better equipment. She looked up at her, luckily for her she had all her equipment out in the wild, the only thing missing was that garlic sauce. However, that was not a problem, she had stumbled onto some garlic earlier the other day, and did not unload it into her shop yet. It would be available to use.

The drop of meat was a steak, and that made things a lot easier, she took out a pan, and decided to season the beef inside, as she had no other containers to hold it in.

Mari gave a nod toward Rebekah, "Yeh - a starter weapon isn't that great...I don't consider myself a fighter - I don't think you would ever see me on the front lines...putting my life on the line like that." Mari shrugged, "But eh. You never know. Still.... I like the idea of buying one - you get those from Blacksmiths. Do you know of any good ones?" Mari asked the other woman as she watched her seemingly whip out cooking utensils from nowhere.

"This game..I swear... censored magic censored hah." Mari laughed to herself in disbelief. "Just seemed to grab that pan outta nowhere eh?" Mari grinned, choosing to sit herself on the grassy ground next to Rebekah, absently watching her work.

"Too bad Frying Pan isn't a weapon. I'd use that."

"Well, as for shops, I have only visited Setsuko's Frozen Blacksmith and Lessa's Wild Rose Forge. However, the wait time might be getting long with the anticipation of a possible boss battle in the next while." she replied. However, she had not seen Setsuko since a few months ago. "Anyways, anything can be a weapon, even this pan, but it might not be as effective as a sharp metal weapon." she replied.

She started to season, it was easy in this game, all she had to do was to pour some of the spices out of the container onto the pan, cooking was simplified in this game by a lot.

Mari threw her back into the grass with a light 'whump' she crossed her arms behind her head in a mock pillow. Staring up at the sky. "They are good names to remember though. Cheers." Mari gave a small laugh. "Wouldn't it be interesting....to get the last hit on one of those floor bosses...with a frying pan. I'd do that just to see the look on everyone's faces!" Mari laughed as she said this. 

Mari was normally mean, vindictive but she found Rebekah easy and pleasant to talk to. The girl was just that; she didn't seem to have anything to hide, no hidden agendas...that and she was cooking Mari steak, how can Mari possibly be angry at someone willingly cooking her STEAK?

"That is smelling real good."

"It would truly be something if that happened" she replied. However, she knew the odds of that were low, as there would be many other players participating in these boss battles, however they were lucky not to receive a single casualty as of yet. It would not be the worst idea for a tank, as the pan could also act as a mini-shield. A timer had appeared in front of her, and she set the time that she thought would get it to be exactly medium-rare, that way she could readjust if it needed to be slightly more cooked as opposed to overcooking the meat.

((After Mari finishes the meat want to call this RP done so we can have another completed RP? :D  ))

Mari gave a small nod followed by a yawn; she had exercised today - and was enjoying the warmth of the sun. The smell of the meat began to make her salivate and she could feel her stomach rumble. "I'm thinkin' of forming a guild. It's a shame you seem to be a solo player, I'd love to have a cook as good as you - that is...if the taste is as good as it smells."

"It should be done any minute now" she said. Rebekah had heard the rumors about a girl in pink forming a new guild, however she had entered a new guild herself. Word travels fast around Aincrad, or she has her sources as a solo-player. She took a minute before replying, "Well, I been less of a solo-player recently, but unfortunately, I am already in a guild."

Just as about time that the timer went off, she took out some utensils and plates, just in case she did not have any with her.

tMari gave a nod, sitting up she shook  her grass from her hair and brushed the loose blades off her arms."Excellent, the longer I smell that the hungrier I seem to feel." Mari shrugged when Rebekah told her she had just recently joined a guild. "Oh well....you win some, you loose some, eh? "

Mari watched as Rebekah took out eating utensils; cutlery and dinnerware. "Oh wow you just have everything, eh?" Mari asked.

Just as about time that the timer went off, she took out some utensils and plates, just in case she did not have any with her.

Even though the pan did not have a lid, the timer ran out, and she knew at that moment, the food would be done. She had an extra plate with her, so she could put the food onto the plate as opposed to serving out of the pan. She decided to be safe, and started to cut it in half at the center, checking if it was cooked perfectly, it was the only way she could see if it was cooked to the colour that she wanted it to be on the inside.

Mari shuffled closer, crawling through the grass on her hands and knees till she was peering over Rebekah's shoulder. "Ooh- is it done yet?" Mari didn't want to seem impatient, or ungrateful. But she was really, quite hungry, and from what she could tell - Rebekah was a very skilled cook.

"You have a real talent there; ya know that?"

Instead of Rebekah going on to describe the food, she decided to let her taste it instead. She was not the most descriptive person in the world, and that sort of shows when she says things. She likes talking about things straight to the point, and would not come up with more than say several adjectives to describe the dish that she had created in front of Mari today.

"Try it for yourself" she squeaked out, she really had nothing else to say.

Mari accepted the dish from Rebekah, who had given out a small squeak, Mari raised a brow at the girl, as if to ask why Rebekah had suddenly gone quiet - was she worried that the food wasn't going to be nice? Or did she poison it? No...Mari watched her cook it from start to finish, there was no way she could have done anything like that without Mari catching wind of it. "Hmmm..." 

She poked the meat with her fork, before cutting a piece off; it was cooked medium rare, and the juices swelled out of it. "Looks pretty rad if you ask me." Mari said; before taking a bite. The steak exploded in her mouth, figuratively that is. It was good, better than Mari expected, not that she wanted to be rude - but she wasn't exactly sure how such a meal was meant to taste within the game.

"Geez this is delicious." 

Rebekah knew just by looking at it that it was good. In fact, this was one of the best attempts she ever made outside of her store, with her set of equipment. This was purely done on a simple portable set, which she brought with her all along. Maybe it had to do with the cow that she killed, perhaps it was of a higher quality, or it was fresh, but it was something that she would experiment by herself another day.

"I'm glad that you like it." she said.

((I'll end this on my next post))

Mari finished eating it, and set the empty plate down on the grassy floor in front of her, she gave her stomach a pat and gave a satisfied sigh. "Mmm, that honestly hit the spot. Exactly what I needed, I reckon. Might have to start frequenting stores and taverns more often for their food." Mari commented before picking a bit of meat out of her teeth.

"You're a good cook, Rebekah."

Mari gave a yawn, throwing herself down onto the floor. "I can almost take a happy little nap now."

"Just don't take a nap by yourself outside of towns." Rebekah reminded her. There was still a list of mavericks (player killers) that have not been caught, but it does not seem like they will be hunted down in the near future regardless. "Would you like to go on another adventure another time?" as she started to pack things back into her inventory, with the click of a few buttons in her menu box.

Mari yawned, ignoring Rebekah's advice. "I'd rather die out here peacefully than in some kind of battle - if it happens - it happens."

The pink haired woman had been told this a few times, but honestly - she didn't feel too bothered. Player Killers rarely wandered any floor below 3-4.

"An adventure sounds interesting-" Mari said with a yawn. "Twas nice hanging with you Rebekah. It's nice hanging with someone who isn't blowing hot air out their behind."

Mari didn't mind hanging with the other girl, she wasn't much of a conversationalist, but her time spent with Rebekah was an enjoyable one; and Mari would drift off to sleep comforted by the fact that there were still people who had their integrity, and who still had their humanity intact.

COMPLETE

Mari: 200 Col + 1 SP
Rebekah: 200 Col + 1 SP