[OP-F1] Where absolutely nobody knows your name (Complete)

A guy who make his glorious entrance from above the tavern seems to eavesdrop their conversation judging from how he speak about this...proposal. It was the Reddo Ippan who argued with the pink girl from the previous incident. He prompt us to call him L which to Yuji, a cliche name that he heard in all MMORPG he played,at least better than calling him Reddo Ippan. His air of confidence seems to make the Casanova restless,a sign that he is uncomfortable around this L guy. Just as the conversation started to get casual,a girl barge in,huffing like she have run a marathon. Her beauty take Yuji by surprise; the silky hair sway gracefully,a perfect S-shape body and bright red lips. He turn his gaze away from her,a look of shy appear on his face. 

Just as the conversation start to go in a cheerful way,L and Casanova who aren't meant to cross with each other shows their fang at each other. A cat and dog quarrel to him,he sigh at their behaviour. A conflict won't bring any of them far in this game of death and yet they still does not realize that. All pair of eyes then turn to a man;golden eyes and aura of calmness surround him, approach L. Calling him Life,the man lecture him in riddles Yuji can't quite understand. More argument-talk when the girl which L call her Lessa is an acquaintances of Casanova,clearly L have high respect for woman. It can be tone down a bit though,being flirty won't lead them to death in this game. At least,not yet. 

L certainly have enough with Casanova as he leave the tavern after he talk a bit with Lessa. The golden eye man follow after him. Lessa with her sharp tone call the name of the Casanova,Asagi. Lessa rub her temple after giving a piece of advice,a demeanor which to him what a mother always do when they scold their child. Yuji chuckle a bit, at least everyone shows a bit of their side to him. Which leaves him the only guy who haven't open up to them yet."How should I play this out...",a monologue within him. Decided that he will stay true to himself,he does it the usual way.

"It seems that we have sidetrack a bit from all the....talk just now. I want to help this girl over here when she say she have proposal. Anyway it looks like it's a reunion between two friend,how heartwarming considering the rare chance of seeing familiar face around here." His second juice arrive,he take a sip using the straw slowly. He can never get bored with the juice here until he found a better drink. "My name is Yuji by the way,it is kind of rude when I know your name but you did not know mine,Miss Lessa. Why don't you take a seat,you look like you have been chase by a LVL. 99 boar." After that he stay quiet to give them chances to talk while he try to summarise all the event that happen just now.

“Mari strummed the table with her fingers, staring at Yuji, “mmm – yes that’s pretty obvious. You’re pretty much who I pretend to be when I want something. Don’t mind that, flightless birdy, just turn that little weakness of yours into a strength.”

The cotton candy coloured girl straightened her posture; “Name’s Mari.”

Her smile faded when there was a small ‘whoosh’ as Life jumped down from the second floor, her voice turned sour; “theatrics impress no one, blackbird.” She waved him off with an annoyed sigh, “This proposition doesn’t exactly involve you, dearie; more so it’s the opposite of you.”

The pink haired girl turned her aqua-marine eyes toward the well spoken stranger; who had introduced himself as Lotharian. However, it seemed that his name, at least in the real world was ‘Asagi’, Mari smirked, inwardly thanking the exasperated blonde who had joined their ever growing group. She asked what he was doing here, and Mari – being the blunt lady she was muttered. “Doing the laundry, what does it 
censored look like?”

Mari fell silent, feeling agitated as the conversation seemed to continue on without her. She expectantly rapping her fingernails against the wooden table, finally she addressed Lotharian and Yuji. “My proposition, my lovelies, was to discuss forming a guild.” She gave a small shrug with a theatrical sigh, pursing her strawberry lips together in a mock pout. “I think present company would not approve of it at all.” she muttered, turning her eyes to Light.  “You see, it’s more or less a personal vendetta against his-“ She pointed at Light,; “Guild of not-so-merry men.” Extending her finger she flicked light in the middle of his forehead, offering him a look as if to say, told you so.

It was at this stage that yet ANOTHER person had approached the group, much to the girls distaste, she didn’t do well with people in general; let alone large crowds.  Leaning back on the chairs two back legs Mari crossed her arms, eyes set on this new, darkly clad player who clearly had disdain for the little troupe, his words clearly aimed at the misfit band of players.  Mari had a mind to respond, but bit her tongue for now – if she started on her slew of insults she probably wouldn’t stop, and the dark haired man seemed to be on very familiar terms with Lessa and Light.

Life seemed unnerved by this newcomer, quickly standing and beginning to excuse himself, “Aww, blackbird,” Mari teased, “Afraid of the big bad wolf are we? Or are you still reeling from our run in earlier?”

Mari’s ears perked up when Lotharian began talking again, throwing in a snide comment toward him, “So, your ‘challenge’ to ‘overcome’ has something to do with the ladies? Take their hearts aflutter in a time of nee-“ She paused, bursting into laughter at Life’s remark, warning the flirtatious man about what could happen if they were to ever cross paths alone. “Now there’s the Light I know. Childish an brash, oh so big and mighty… beware, oooooo~” She uncrossed her arms wriggling her fingers after him as he left. “Bewaare~ Bewaare~”

Now that their group had decreased in size, Mari was able to get more words in edgewise. Lessa, Lotharian, and Yuiji remained. Lessa made a comment about taking things seriously, and in a sense she was right. This wasn’t just a simple game anymore. “Oh lighten up princess.” Mari began, she hadn’t intended for it to be as rude as it sounded, Mari had a tendency to be more considerate of females, the fairer gender being far less rude than the men she had met. “All work and no play make A-sa-gi a dull boy~”

While Life was still walking away, Alkor had caught the beginnings of what seemed to be a hate-filled litany against the other man. He stood as a barrier between his friend returning to the room to rise to the woman's taunts, but also, he absorbed every acidic word, and when she spoke of a vendetta against other players, Alkor's eyes drained of the kind light they normally gleamed with.

The lifeless glare that he fixed on the small woman was devoid of any emotion at all. If there were hate or anger in his features, they had bled away into the oblivion that permeated the hooded player.

"I will not hesitate," Alkor warned, "to kill any player who knowingly makes an attempt on another player."

There was ice in every syllable, and as Alkor left the room at last, warmth was restored. The silence left in his wake was intense.

As the pink-haired girl addressed her, all Lessa could do was cock a single eyebrow. She had no idea who this woman was, yet she scolded her as if they were long-time acquaintances. Are you kidding me? Lessa found herself asking. We are trapped in a death game, and you insist on acting like a prissy teenage drama queen? The thought floored her. How could a person possibly behave that way with everything on the line? She had been able to ignore the girl's mutterings for the majority of the conversation, but this irked her. Perhaps it was just a female instinct buried deep inside her, but the generally mild-mannered young woman was annoyed by the comment, and the girl's overall demeanor. Princess? Honestly?

But her annoyance melted into a much different emotion when she heard Alkor. His words were sharp and cold, and they struck fear into her. She knew him, but she did not know that tone. She did not recognize that look on his face, or that cold, lifeless look in his eyes. She was scared, and despite her reservations when it came to Mari, she was scared for her too.

"Asagi, I'll talk to you later," she said suddenly, turning her back to her one friend and the two strangers. She moved toward Alkor, and placed a single hand on the center of his chest. He scared her, but the thought of what he might do scared her more.

"Please," she whispered, looking up at him with wide, concerned eyes. "Let's go."

“Oh My!” Mari said in mock shock, clasping her tiny hands over her mouth. “I think the big bad wolf misread my intentions, I never would actually Kill anyone. That’s just stupid. I'd never kill- I wouldn't do it in reality, why would I do it here?” She gave a shrug waving the intimidating man off. “It was more so a sort of, pact between Life and I. Geez. Everyone takes things so seriously here. The only thing I’d attempt is to bother the absolute crap outta the guy. If anything…” Mari began, turning her attention to the trio before her, “Argumail and Kazuya are the ones who threatened to take my life. I’m simply trying to make light of a negative situation.” Mari glanced down at her half eaten roll, her voice taking on a serious note.

“Sometimes, it’s all one can do to keep sane, yanno. Some fight hard on the upper floors, others take on safer careers. What’s the harm in attempting to enjoy yourself? If it makes me brash, and dislikable, so be it.” Mari was slightly shaken by the icy mans words, generally such threats rolled off her back-the way he had said it though, it was rather inauspicious. Mari watched as Lessa ran off after Alkor,

"Well, Casanova; looks like I've driven away yer friend. Oops."

The entirety of this little gathering was getting a little intense.  Asagi was keeping his cool but this rabble of hot headed people were quite another story.  It seemed as though there was a fight that would break out at any second when suddenly a few of the members of the festivities decided to leave.  The girl of sakura pink seemed to have a tongue sharp as any sword he knew, as she regailed the men leaving with insults and speech of vendetta.  It wasn't a practical decision but I could see now that she was one of those people who used psychological warfare among her other weapons.  If anything Asagi was wary but respected that in her.  Turning over to Alyssa once again he tried to make amends for the obvious stress the interactions had caused.

"Im sorry if I inconvenienced you at all Alyssa, as I said the three sitting here at the moment were rudely interrupted by that child in black earlier and I was merely speaking my piece.  Back to other matters though, I am truly glad to see you are alive and well in here.  I realize that losing yourself in here is most likely easy enough to do, and as I have seen many are losing a bit of the sanity they left behind in the real world as well.  I intend to get out of here as soon as possible and so I am resolute in the fact that where there is a will there is a way.  As for my new friends.........well you can't please everyone now can you?  Course I do my best hahaha."

A small chuckle, but it wasn't exactly his golden material that he was spouting.  All these talks of guilds and vendetta and such, it was quite surreal that in such a short time people had made these immense bonds, whether they be positive or negative the progression in this short time was impressive.

"Putting aside your proposition for now, with all due respect of course Mari.  I believe we have a lot to discuss about the goings on in this digital world.  I have been gathering as much knowledge as I can here before setting off but the grander scheme of things seems to be much more than I could have anticipated.  That being said I would invite all of you to say your piece.  Especially you dear Alyssa since you are the one that I atleast know enough to take everything as the unadulterated truth."

Asagi sat with the now smaller motley band of players in this game.  It seemed it was already more a bad start to a sitcom than a well functioning machine, though that would be developed with time.  Unfortunately it seemed that the situation had stirred enough trouble to cause a schism.  His only real connection from the real world didn't exactly seem content in staying in this establishment any longer.  What a pity, they would have to meet again more privately in order to really talk it would seem.  Asagi let out a bit of a sigh at this turn of events.

As the girl talk about her proposal,icy-cold glare can be feel from Yuji's back. Yuji turn around only to be intimidated by a pair of eyes full of murderous intent. The gold eyed man haven't leave the tavern yet and now he look at the pink girl with a threatening look. His next word drain a little strength away from him,and it's all over before he know it when the gold eyed man make his leave. The look on Lessa describe the fear she's having;color drain from her face and her mouth tremble abit. She promise Asagi to talk later and follow the man. The girl and Asagi seems to be affected a little,if not much by the event just now as Mari seems to be taken aback by the man's word while Asagi just sigh.

"Well....uhhhh.....the proposition is about forming a guild right,can you elaborate more on that please?" Even if he say that,his he still not interested in joining or forming a guild. Considering his lack of strength,he'll become a burden and will slow down everyone. Nevertheless,he still want to hear this proposal, maybe the girl can sway his opinion. Her sharp tongue can drive away man afterall.

Mari absently tugged at a strand of hair, blue eyes intently watching Lotharian. “Seems like I’ve another enemy to add to an ever growing list. Shall I go ahead and add your name too sweetheart?” Mari asked, “Since I’ve ever so scornfully pushed your  childhood friend away.” Mari was used to rubbing people the wrong way, she had yet to find someone who wanted to stay in her company, let alone anyone she could really call a friend, and that was more or less fine with her. She wasn’t about to go changing her personality to suit someone else.

“You want knowledge? I’m the wrong lass to speak to, I know 
censored all about what is going on, and I don’t exactly have a bank of contacts to call upon to help. You want my piece? I’m sick of people throwing around god damn death threats. I don’t know what it is, but it seems like every Tom, Dick, and Larry have decided to take it upon themselves to all be bloodthirsty murderers.”

She turned her gaze to Yuji, “Same goes for you, flightless birdie. Feel free to scamper off. Forget the guild proposition, I’ll be a one woman crusade if I have to be.”

(OOC: Somehow I feel something is wrong in this thread o.O)

Yuji doesn't seem to be surprise by how the woman sudden demeanor. He sigh and finish his juice.

"Well,if that's what you want,then I'll go. If you two need something,just message me. You can't survive in this game alone after all."

With that said,he stand up and walk to the door. He look at the woman one last time before going out with a sad look in his eyes. Pity,or is it something else. He don't know how to describe his emotion right now. He exit the tavern and walk away.

Mari wasn't showing it outwardly but the situation at hand obviously had hurt her at some level.  Alyssa was still calming down that Alkor guy who threatened Mari and so hadn't given a proper goodbye as of just yet.  On top of this it seemed Mari lashed out at the few still around her, which incidentally scared off the young timid man named Yuji.  Hearing the words but knowing the emotions behind them Asagi was not so dim as to be shooed away by this much.

"The term is Tom, Dick, and Harry love.  As for making an enemy of me I am not so petty as to callously throw around such a strong word as enemy.  Your an intrigueing one whether they see it or not so I think I might just stay right here for a little longer.  After all darling didn't this all simply start with just the two of us?  To scare me away your going to have to use quite more than just your vocabulary just so you know."

Asagi smirked and sat back in his chair, there were still a few things to wrap up and he wasn't yet done with this girl yet.  He didn't lie either, she did interest him greatly, and despite her enemies he had a feeling she was a much more fortuitous ally than a scorned enemy.  As an ally she had much help, information, and if today was any indication, excitement to offer.  Though as an enemy he could already tell she would be a dangerous and erratic wildcard in the deck.  So aside from his feeling he also knew that it was an ill formed decision that landed him on her censored list.

From behind her, Lessa could hear the pink-haired girl chattering away, but she would not give her the satisfaction of acknowledging her. She did turn her head slightly toward Asagi, and call over her shoulder. "Don't worry about it," came her short response to his lengthy speech. The blonde had other things on her mind, and exchanging pleasantries with the silver-tongued man was no longer at the top of her to-do list. First and foremost, she needed to get Alkor out of there. So, she simply repeated, "we'll talk later."

Placing her other hand on Alkor's shoulder, she gently turned the taller player around. Once he was facing the door, she applied pressure to the small of his back, leading him the way he had led her in the past. She steered him through the door, and into the busy street. "Go," she whispered to him, finally taking a step back once they were outside the bar. "Go, and I'll find you later." Then she turned and walked the other way. All the girl needed was a bit of time to sort through the rush of emotions that had overcome her. How could she have ever known that she would find herself torn between an old friend and a new one? It She had no idea how to process it all.

The tavern had emptied out and the fervor of the earlier had died down.  Sitting at a table with just Mari it seemed Asagi had not gathered the information he sought, but the endeavor had not been for nothing.  Alyssa turned from the door and said a final fairwell promising to speak to him later, and the pink hair minx in front of him seemed a little less boisterous than she was just a few minutes earlier.  It seemed that the welcome wagon was over and it was a sign for him to move on soon.  He had met quite a lot of people in this little cluster of conflict, people he would not soon forget.  Above all else he had been able to reunite with Alyssa, so no matter what this diversion was well worth the time.  Turning back to the girl in front of him he was ready for a few final words.

"Mari, it seems that our time here has been......interesting to say the least.  As I said before, you can count me as one of the people you don't have to see as an enemy."

Bringing up his menu non-chalantly Asagi extended a friend request towards the girl.

"If you need anything message me, I will be around and Im sure we can find many ways of being mutually beneficial to eachother."

Smirking Asagi just winked at the girl, he was being serious in his statement, but he just couldn't pass up the opportunity for a beautiful double entendre.  With that Asagi raised himself from his seat and readied himself for the trials ahead.

"Thank you again for the roll dear, it was truly delicious."

“Oh dear, I didn’t mean for the boy to scamper off.” Mari mused, her voice slowly returning to her usual snarky tone. It was just the two of them now. Mari and Lotharian, or Asagi- as he seemed to be called. “Well, A-Sa-gi~” She purred, leaning back on the chair. “I guess intrigueing is one way to put our…” She paused, feigning a contemplative look. “Our gathering.”

Mari grinned, Lotharian was one of the more interesting characters she had met, and thus far was the only one who she hadn’t gotten into an immediate argument with. As he leaned back, she leant forward, placing her elbows on the table.

“You’d be the only one, A-sa-gi.” Mari teased, as he stated she could count on him; that he wouldn’t be an enemy. She accepted the friend request from him, hearing an odd ‘ding’ as the confirmation rang through her ears. “Anything mmm?” Mari mused, pushing herself up onto the table, crawling toward the philandering man.

Mari swung her legs around so that she now sat in front of Lotharian, feet dangling freely either side of him. Extending her hand toward him, she allowed her thumb to graze over his lips, leaning in to whisper against his ear. “The roll isn’t free, sweetheart – I’ll expect a favour in return.”

He got up with a wink and left Mari to her own devices.

And today, that particular device; would be alcohol.

Summary

Lotharian: 133 Col +1 SP
Mari: 
133 Col +1 SP
Yuji: 133 Col +1 SP
Life: 133 Col +1 SP
Lessa:133 Col +1 SP
Alkor: 133 Col +1 SP