[PP-F3] Worn out Welcome <Quest> with Mari

The elk had taken a good few solid hits so far and it seemed to be getting very angry.  As Mari continued a few of her quips and taunts she joked about his flirting distracting from the fight at hand.  As soon as she had said this though her attack missed it's mark and left her upset.  Seemed that she was getting more distracted in the moment than he was.  The elk suddenly decided that she might be a more handleable target as it turned to face the pink haired beauty.  Asagi wasn't going to let that happen if he had any say about it.  Without a second thought he leaped at the back of the mob attempting to sink the blade in and finish this encounter.

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.

The blade sliced into the elk and it dropped hard, as he yanked the blade out the beast disappeared into a dust as all other foes did in this world.  Looking about he saw the material drop that they had been looking for.

Rolled a 10 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Obtained Elk hide, used as Tailoring Material

"Now, did you mean to think I would get distracted and miss like you just did dear?  Hahaha I can keep a cool head about these things Mari, and I would never let my inner thoughts allow you to be put in danger either just so you know.  That thing seemed like it had your number on it just now so the only thing in my head was to dispatch it, not how nice its rear end was."

Asagi smiled a good and sarcastic smile at the girl.  They still had a bit to go before they were done but it seemed that it wouldn't be all too horrible an ordeal.

[Dice roll ID # 631]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Elk was about to tackle her; but Lotharian got in first; Slicing his blade through the length of the body of the Elk. The beast gave a warbled cry before crashing down to the ground, and bursting into a flurry of polygons. "Was just an unlucky shot." Mari mumbled, frustrated as she crossed her arms over her chest. She turned her face away from him in a huff as he spilled forth kind words. "We're already in danger, dearie; we're all trapped in a game whilst our real bodies wither and die."

She started walking ahead of him, "C'mon - lets go to the next one. Time's wasting."

It seemed that Asagi's comment had hit home a bit as the embarassed Mari simply crossed her arms and huffed off.  As she went ahead while he cleaned up the loot screen she finally seemed to be the one commenting on the urge to hurry ahead.

"As you wish darlin, lets get this really going.  I see two of those things up ahead, think you can handle it?"

He chided her as he ran past his sword ready for new pray.  The two elk were quietly standing together as he swooped in with a new excitement.  Mari seemed to have that effect on him, her goading brought him to swift action.  Was it to prove something?  Was it playfulness?  No matter the underlying reason he was actually enjoying himself.

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice

The elk whirled around as the blade slid across it's back.

Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The first elk missed wildly as it whirled its head to hit Asagi.  As he had landed on the other side of the mob he had easily dodge the strike.  The second, however, charged right for him.  Barely moving to the side fast enough Asagi almost glided around the beast's attack thanks to his new boots.

"Well that was close, come on in babe these things look nice and rustled."

Mari 17/17

Lotharian 12/13

Elk 1: 8/10

Elk 2: 10/10

[Dice roll ID #s 712, 713]

Mari didn't bother replying to him of course she could handle it; she was feeling slightly peeved at Asagi and rather than say anything more she was giving him the silent treatment. In a way, she was doing him a favour, being silent was far better than cussing the man out. Not that he had noticed. The man saw another two Elk and had attacked the nearest one. With a heavy sigh Mari took out her dagger; aiming for the same one he attacked - preferring to just focus on the single enemy. Mari stepped past Asagi, coming in from behind him dealing a swift second strike to the Elk.

Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice. SUCESS
-3 HP

The elk groaned, bucking its horns at Mari; ready to strike, the other continued to ram against Asagi

Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The Elk that aimed for Mari missed, thanks to her Evasion; she was able to deftly dodge the strike, it was a very near miss however.
The other, which had aimed for Asagi struck its target. Mari gloated, she shouldn't be happy that he was hurt, but these battles; they weren't too dangerous.

"Not too quick on your feet are you?"

Mari 17/17

Lotharian 11/13

Elk 1: 5/10

Elk 2: 10/10

Mari deftly entered into the fray with him, attacking the elk that he had initially taken a swing at.  She sliced into it with precision and Asagi couldn't help but give a smirk at the snarky girl turned battle maiden.  As the elk fumed with anger they charged at the pair.  Asagi watched as Mari moved swiftly around the beast, but he had been preoccupied in his thoughts, he let his guard down and as he moved to avoid the creature it's sharp antlers swiped across his chest dealing a nice gash upon him.  He had let himself be a little sloppy because things were going so well.  Facing the mobs he was ready to give them a taste of their own medicine.

"Well don't we have a smart-ass on our hands hahaha.  We all have our moment though now don't we.  Let's take these things down and move on with our mission, they just look like nice quest rewards right now to me."

Moving in he whirled around the elk that had not been hit to slash at it's friend.  Mari had the right idea that they should whittle down one at a time and reduce their capability to fight back.

Rolled a 4 on the d10 (battle) dice

As his sword came around it glance over the elks thick fur, his aim had been slightly off and it had cost him the strike.

"Damn, okay then your up Mari, and don't gimme that look."

His sarcastic tone was playful and he knew Mari wouldn't let him make mistakes without a remark so he was being nice and preemptive.

[Dice roll ID # 880]

"What were you saying?" Mari asked coyly. "Don't get distracted and miss?" Mari asked, throwing Asagi's words back in his face.  "Seems like you should listen to your own advice, sweetheart."

Mari turned on one foot, crouching down and springing up into a jump all in one single; agile movement, bringing the handle of the dagger down onto the Elks head, she got it to face her before she struck it hard between the eyes. 

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
-5HP

The elk made a gurgling sound before bursting into a flurry of polygons, Mari grinned, "See what happens when you're not distracted by a beautiful maiden?" Mari pointed to the floating orb. "I left you your quest item, aren't I gem?"

Mari of course responded with her usual quips but this time she looked very serious.  She looked like she wanted to prove something and shove it in his face.  Suddenly she turned her foot and her leg was positioned almost like a spring.  Mari leaped into the air and made a flashy show of it, coming straight down onto the head of the wounded elk.  The creature simply splattered at the strike and Asagi just had to watch in awe.  Though if he let on how impressed he was he knew he would never hear the end of it.  Keeping a straight face he listened to the boasting of the simply fantastic girl before him.

"One second dear I think your celebrating a little too early.  I got one more thing to deal with."

Turning back to the still living elk he dashed across the ground and used his built of speed to slide his body down under the mob as if he was a baseball player stealing home.  Positioning his wakazashi he wanted to gut the damned thing wide open.

Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The blade sank deep into the creatures stomach dealing it's damage.  Asagi could do it too and he was gonna show Mari damn well what he was capable of.  As he rolled out from under the creature his celebration was cut short by a swift kick from the elk's hind legs.  Flying from the heavy impact Asagi rolled across grass and coughed up a bit of blood as he caught himself in the tumble.  He may have hit the thing but it hadn't been too shy about returning the favor.

"Stupid beast, that hurt like hell.  Mari, I suppose I must concede that you were truly magnificent in form on that last strike.  Now show me what you got hun, lets do this together."

Mari 17/17

Lotharian 8/13

Elk 2: 7/10

[Dice roll ID # 893]

Mari crossed her arms, "Oh? you?" She gave her head a slight shake. Laughing at his vigour. "You gotta be the big man, huh?" 

Mari watched as Lotharian skidded against the ground, sliding right underneath the elk. "Well, well - look at you - twinkle toes" Mari leant over, watching as Lotharian attempted to gut the creature open, he could be quite skilled when he wanted to be, focused and agile. Mari didn't exactly pick him to be more of the speedy fighter, perhaps a hard hitter.

Lotharian was an agile hitter, but not exactly an agile dodger; he was kicked. Hard. He was sent flying and he struggled to stand, Mari wasn't sure how he was going health wise but he didn't look good. Mari wanted to end this quickly; so the two could rest up - and he could regain his health. Mari charged the Elk - whereas Lotharian attacked from beneath - she attacked from above. She vaulted over its hind legs, landing on its back;

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice. SUCCESS
-5 HP.

Mari successfully landed a hard strike in its haunch. It groaned and tried to heave her off but she held on fast. "Last hits yours darlin~"

Mari 17/17

Lotharian 8/13

Elk 2: 2/10

"I sure hope so hun"

Asagi took the advantage and the time that had been give to him by Mari's strike.  She really was improving by leaps and bounds and he couldn't help feel like he was being left behind by some of his comrades.  He would have to double his efforts if he was ever going to become a front liner like Alyssa, or as Mari seemed to be shaping up as.  Regaining his composure he ran in to deliver the final blow, he hoped his aim would be true and they could end this.  One final mob after this endeavor and his side of the quest would be complete, and then they would be off to deal with the cave further ahead.

Entering the fray with a low stance he swiped up slitting the mobs throat and finally dropping it to the ground, as it disappeared the normal material they were looking for dropped but he saw another item sitting beside it.

Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice.

4affb9ccf40cde1b4d59dbb5e4266807.jpg

A loot screen popped up announcing "Vestment of the Marksman" +1 Accuracy.  Picking it up he eyed it carefully, it was a nice leather outfit that would surely come in handy.

"Well look at this here Mari, looks good doesn't it.  Seems the mobs know my kinda style after all."

Equipping the armor he walked over and picked up the much needed materials from both dropped mobs as well.  Now that there were two more tailoring items in his inventory they were almost home free.  But first he might need a bit of a breather.

[Dice roll ID # 979]

"I unno, it looks a tad pompous to me." Mari chided, "But hey, if you like the 'hi I am an arrogant ass' look then it suits you perfectly." Mari laughed as she approached him. "So - you look like you need to sit down. Bit low on health?" Mari asked, this time with some sort of compassion in her tone. "Should rest a bit then eh?" She asked as she took a seat on the ground next to him.

"Maybe you can attempt to 'woo' me like you so often hint at eh?"

"As tactful as ever Mari, but I suppose it is one of your best qualities.  I think I will be ok if you wanted to move along but I wouldn't be opposed to sitting for a moment."

With that statement he hunkered down on the grass of the field they were in.  It was surprisingly scenic for all the battles and death that happened around it.  As he relaxed the beautiful Mari sat next to him and he felt almost normal again.  Soft grass beneath him, a bright and soothing sun above, and a pretty woman who he had respect, and even admiration at times for next to him.  It was at times like these that he thought maybe it wasn't all bad being trapped within this god forsaken game.  She chided about his attempts to woo her, almost egging him on.  His mind went back to the night that they shared and he just smiled.

"It was upon my thoughts my dear, you are ravishing as always after all.  You want me to woo you then?  Perhaps a little fun like the night I gave you that necklace?  You may have to wait till I stop being on the verge of death though."

As he mentioned the necklace he pointed to it hanging around the girls neck daintily.  He simply chuckled and looked into those vast oceans that were her eyes.  It was surprising how lost one could get in them that he believed one should be marooned forever if they stared for too long.

"Oh sarcasm, that makes me weak in the knees." Mari joked, resting her head in the palm of her hand. Her eyes glanced over the now quiet field. There were a few Elk nearby, but as they were passive they didn't attack. "Sometimes. Ya get lost." Mari murmured. Watching them graze peacefully, when only moments before her and Lotharian were fighting, ripping the creatures to shreds without a second thought; without regard to how the beasts felt or if they even felt pain. They were certainly programmed to seem as such. "I don't want to loose myself in this place." The comment was unlike Mari, and her pensive tone was fleeting.

"Eh?" Mari looked to him, confused. "Fun?" She gave him a  confused look as she absently touched the necklace that hung loosely around her neck. "Don't know what you're on about buddy. I found this in a room, someone left it behind and I thought I'd wear it as a joke."  Mari didn't remember the night he was referring to, she, not realizing the significance of the necklace took it off and threw it into his lap.  "If you want it you can have it? But I think you already got one eh?" She asked.

The two of them sat there chatting, the smile that had been on Asagi's face lost a little vigor though as they continued.  Mari looked confused, could she really not remember?  They both had been rather intoxicated that night but he at least remembered it the next morning.  He started to feel a bit awkward about the whole night that transpired between them and the gift he had given her.  In fact it seemed that at the mere mention of the necklace she simply took it off and offered it to him.  For all she knew it was some other sod's necklace that she woke up in the room with.  Perhaps Asagi had been too hasty that night but for some reason this hurt.  His normal cold and calculating self felt a bit injured by the whole circumstance.

"Mari.........I don't know what to say.  I would hope Im more memorable than that."

He tried to utter out in a sarcastic and joking tone, hiding that it actually bothered him.

"See your partially right, I HAD one of these necklaces.  That is.........that is until I gave it to you that night."

He looked at her with a serious tone, making sure she knew this time he wasn't actually kidding around with her.  In the look was a little bit of worry he realized as well.  He got up from the grass and gently placed the necklace back around her neck.  It was hers anyway, it had been since that night.  Turning away from her he started to walk out towards the other section of the field.

"Either way.....................we should.....yah know, keep on with the quest and all.  Im already feeling refreshed so lets not doddle princess."

Lotharian glanced at her - big brown eyes seemingly bothered; he turned away rubbing the back of his head and an awkward air settled between the two. Mari tilted her head, had she said something wrong?  "Memorable?" Mari rubbed her head, she didn't like the uncomfortable feeling or the tone between the two. She also felt she was forgetting something but wasn't exactly sure what it was. Mari crossed her arms and tilted her head to the side, pursing her lips in thought.

"You gave it to me...? Hmmmm....but I haven't seen you beyond that time in the Tavern. I mean, I did spend a night with cotton ball recently....Asagi...am I forgetting something?" 

Lotharian wasn't very talkative, he gave the necklace back to her, fingers lightly brushing against her neck as he lifted her hair with one hand and draped it over her with the second before clasping it at the back. "Thanks." She murmured, watching as he quickly began to leave - Mari stood up and followed him, her tiny legs struggling to keep up with his long strides.

"Geez, Asagi - what's with the attitude all of a sudden?" 

Asagi kept walking as he heard Mari contemplate his words behind him.  She still didn't understand what he was talking about it seemed.  Running up to his side the girl seemed to be concerned with his mood and was obviously going to keep asking, and so he would tell her straight forward as she deserved to know.

"Mari.....you and I met more than just that first time.  We encountered eachother again, while we both were drinking in that same tavern late at night.  I gave you that necklace after we me and you spent one hell of a passionate night together.  As inebriated as I was I don't think I could possibly forget that night."

The words were going to be an obvious shock to her, he didn't know exactly what the reaction would be.  Already he wanted to distract himself and get back to the task at hand.  He wasn't kidding when he said he felt a bit better though.  In this world healing happened quite fast, death seemed the only truly real thing in here.  Approaching another elk he realized they were only one away from attaining his goal.  More than ever he had the urge to get done with this quest and move on.  Lingering would only cause more of an awkward situation.

"Regardless of that all we have a job to do right now.  Puttering about talking about these things won't get it done any faster darling."

((Are you effing kidding me? 3 critical fails? Damn....))

Mari stopped in her tracks, one hell of a passionate night? What was he on about? Mari furrowed her brows; she had drunk a lot that night….she remembered her time with Zero, but not with Lotharian.

Mari wasn’t sure what to feel.

“So. In other words – you – seeing I was drunk….” She trailed off, feeling sick in the stomach. Mari glanced down, then shot Lotharian a cold, hard stare. “Perhaps it’s a good thing I forgot.” Mari said, tone dripping with venom and malice as she pushed past him toward the Elk, pulling out what looked like a blood red crystal. It was one of the monster grenades she had recorded. It was just a good qaulity one. 

Mari threw it toward the Elk; it exploded in a flurry of sound and one of the songs she had recorded, started to play - lilting violin tunes warbled out and distracted the Elk - Mari now had the opportunity to attack thrice. She was clearly angry, and that anger translated to her fight.

Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Her first strike missed, but Mari didn't stop, she had become violent - unusually aggressive, she grit her teeth, striking down again, relentlessly attacking the Elk.

Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.

It was clear that her anger was affecting her ability to strike effectively; the intricate dagger bounced off the distracted Elks hide, and again Mari flung the dagger down into it's back

Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.

The dagger bounced off the Elks haunch a third time - Mari had then kicked it to the floor, swearing violently as she stormed off toward the next marker; allowing Lotharian to deal with it on his own. "Do it your damn self - you seem to be good at taking advantage of censored

Perma Roll ID #1050
Perma Roll ID #1054
Perma Roll ID #1055

At his words he could tell Mari was upset, seething even.  It was much more than her normal reactions, this was a whole new side of her than he had seen before.  The girl started a sentence then trailed off as she sped up her pace and went straight for the elk in front of them.  Taking out a strange object she threw it at the creature which seemed completely stunned from it's effects.  As she went in angry and heated to strike at the mob Asagi ran in right behind to make sure she would be ok.  Along-side her he slashed at the beast while it was helpless to whatever that item she had utilized was.

Rolled a 2 on the d10 (battle) dice.

The sight of Mari in such anguish threw off his entire body as he went for a strike and missed, it seemed that in her anger she was having difficulties as well.

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.

He managed a strike upon the mob for whatever it was worth, but he was at a dis-advantage with both of them being in a wretched mood.

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Mari's last strike missed again and she simply threw her weapon to the ground lashing out with her words.  She was obviously in so much pain in her own head that she just couldn't concentrate.  As this happened Asagi totally missed his final strike, completely diverting his attention to what had just happened with Mari.  This was going to become a huge mess if he didn't do something, he had to go after her but the mob wasn't going to just let her leave.  The most he could do was call out to her.

"Mari Im sorry, we were both drunk, and you are so beautiful.  We both came on to eachother and well it happened.  The two of us acted rashly, but as two grown adults I see no reason to be this upset.  I know that looking back on it, even though knowing it was ill-advised maybe, I do not regret it.  It was one of the first good experiences I have had since being trapped in here, and I am pretty glad it was with you."

Asagi turned back to the elk, it seemed to have broken free of whatever Mari had done to it.  For now anyway he would just have to deal with the thing on his own.

Lotharian 15/15

Elk 8/10

[Dice ID #s 1058, 1059, 1060]

Mari didn’t hear the last of what Lotharian had to say, she didn’t care. She just wanted to get away from him and his stupid smooth words and his lies. She was pissed at him for taking advantage of her like that. Be damned for the excuse of alcohol.

Mari headed toward the second point on the Marker – Lotharian wouldn’t be killed by one lousy Elk. She just wanted to grab this armour and get back to the shop. The cave wasn’t very far from where her and Lotharian were fighting the Elk. Mari didn’t invest anything into Nightvision and she knew that being in the cave would lower her accuracy. Even with the few torches dotted along the cave walls - vision would be a very slight issue here.

<<In Cave -1 All Dice Rolls in Effect>>

Still, she heard the clattering of a single Skeleton Warrior – its gaping mouth hanging from it’s head. Mari furrowed her brow and kicked off to strike it.

Night vision -1

Eva -1

Mari succeeded; just barely- the strike bounced off the Skeleton Warriors helmet and into its eye socket, Mari pulled back, but not before it swung at her with her blade - effectively scratching the surface of her skin.

Skeleton Warrior 5/10
Mari 18/19

Perma Roll ID #1061

It was no use, Mari either did not hear him or didn't care.  She seemed to be heading off in the direction of the cave at least so he would be able to find her without too much trouble.  Knowing that he would have to take care of the creature in front of him before doing anything about the current circumstances Asagi tried to concentrate.  Leaping at the mob he wanted to take down this elk as quickly as possible and follow after the upset girl.

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The slash hit home as he had hoped but the elk was faster than anticipated in response.  Even with Asagi's abilities to dodge out of the way the mob caught him with it's antlers make a good sized gash in his arm.  Readying himself Asagi wasn't going to waste any time on taking this thing down.

Lotharian 14/15

Elk 6/10

[Dice ID # 1062]

"Stupid Lotharian... " Mari mumbled as she readied her attack again, her and the skeleton Warrior sized one another up, circling each other in a sort of semi circle. Mari wanted this to be over, this entire stupid quest - so she could punch Lotharian in his stupid little face. Mari charged at the Skeleton, the more she thought about Lotharian, the angrier she got; sadly, Anger did not help the little girl in this battle.

Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Night Vision -1

Mari  lunged forward to attack the Skeleton Warrior, but it lowered its head, and her blade bounced off the helmet, the skeleton tried to return the attack.

Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Evasion -1

Mari was able to duck, and step to the side just before the blade hit her. She smirked, even in the dim lighting she was still able to effectively evade the attack

Skeleton Warrior 5/10

Mari 18/19

Perma Roller ID #1063