[PP-F3] Worn out Welcome <Quest> with Mari

Dashing back in for another attack Asagi went for the belly of the beast, if he came in low and strong he hoped he would be able to avoid the counter-attack of the elk this time.  He knew he wouldn't have a lot of time to recover after-wards since he planned on running after Mari.  In her state who knows what she could get herself into, or how effective her attacks would be in her current mental state.  He was worried about her, and he wouldn't leave her to suffer alone, even if he seemed to be the cause of that anguish.  Asagi hoped there was something he could do or say that would help.  What they did that night was never meant to be something for her to regret, in fact that night he wanted to give her something that she would consider a happy memory in these bleak world in which they were stuck.  It seemed his innebriated assumption had been very far from the truth.

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 6 - 2 Eva on the d10 (mob) dice.

His blade struck again making the creature buck in reaction.  As the mob turned to hit him Asagi swept low as he had intended and dodged the strike narrowly.  Now he was in a perfect position to yet again strike when the opening came.

Lotharian 14/15

Elk 4/10

[Dice ID # 1065]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being angry wasn't doing Mari any favours - rather, it was throwing her off of her game. Mari was still only getting used to fighting - and this was her first real quest beyond the trek up to the second floor with Tristan. Mari sighed, taking a few deep breaths, but it wasn't working...she just wasn't calming down, Mari's fists were shaking and all she wanted to do was to punch Lotharian.

"Stupid censored and his stupid censored face!" Mari screamed as she swung at the Skeleton Warrior 

Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Night Vision -1

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Evasion -1

Mari missed, not only did she miss but she tripped over a rock and fell face first into the ground. The Skeleton Warrior used this opportunity to strike at Mari, it swung the flat of its sword down on her back. it didn't cut her, but it still sent a shot of pain up her spine. Mari screamed, rolling over onto her back and shuffling away from the beast.

Perma Roller ID #1067

Skeleton Warrior 5/10

Mari 18/19

Circling around to the other side of the elk Asagi was ready to strike once again, with no time to waste he swung with all his might to put this mob in the ground.

Rolled a 5 + 1 Acc. on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 6 - 2 Eva on the d10 (mob) dice.

Maneuvering quickly the sword almost seemed to guide itself into his enemy.  As the elk swung around Asagi quickly dodge the wild animals ferocious attack.  He was getting better at reading his enemy as the fight continued, the beast was on its last leg and he would end it with his next blow.

Lotharian 14/15

Elk 2/10

[Dice ID # 1068]

Mari didn't bother moving from her position on the floor- her anger turning into frustration. Angry tears formed in the corners of her eyes as she shouted at the Skeleton warrior, throwing her dagger uselessly toward it. "Just censored off you stupid censored! " 

Rolled a 2 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Night Vision -1

The dagger uselessly bounced off the warrior and landed on the ground next to her, the Skeleton Warrior bought its sword down  over Mari, who shielded her face with her arms - the strike cut clean across both her arms.

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Evasion -1

Mari didn't want to be here anymore, she didn't want to be out adventuring with the man who claimed to have had a passionate, explict night with her - she didn't want to know the sordid things she did, she didn't want to be here, uselessly fighting a loosing battle. Tears began to spill over her cheeks.

Why....

Why?

Why?

Skeleton Warrior 5/10

Mari 15/19

Making his preparations for what he hoped was the last strike he needed to make short work of this damned elk he powered up his strike.  As he went in from the side he raised his sword up high and slash down onto the beast.

Rolled a 4 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The strike missed barely along the stomach of the elk, as soon as he knew his strike wouldn't hit he pivoted his weight to duck away from the incoming attack.  This thing needed to die and soon, he had already wasted far too much time on it.  Asagi felt horrible about the condition that Mari had left in and he needed to get over there.

Lotharian 14/15

Elk 2/10

[Dice ID # 1072]

Mari shouted at the Skeleton Warrior, taking her frustrations out on it, "WHY?" She screeched at the brainless mob. "WHY did you do that? You KNEW I was drunk and you still did it?" She pushed herself up of the ground, ignoring the bleeding scratches on her arms, and how dirty her attire had become - how out of place her hair was. "You don't have any SHAME and you have ....you have..." She balled up her fists, Dagger held tight in shaking hands, "the AUDACITY to act like you're censored sorry?"  Mari raised her dagger high over her head and struck the Skeleton.

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Night Vision -1

Finally....FINALLY she had landed a successful hit, the creature made a serious of clattering noises before exploding in an array of porygons. Mari gave a long sigh, wiping the tears from her eyes and the sweat from her brow onto a white jumper sleeve.

Mari quickly checked to see if there was any loot;

Rolled a 5 on the d20 (Loot) dice.
NO LOOT

There was none, but this was a cave; so perhaps there would be a chest nearby? Mari glanced around;

Rolled a 15 on the d20 (Loot) dice. SUCCESS

Lo and behold, there was a chest sitting in the farthest corner, near the entrance to the next room in the cave. "It's about time some luck went my way." â€‹Mari muttered as she approached the chest.

Perma Dice ID #1073  (Battle)
Perma Dice ID # 1075   (Chest Search) 

Taking a deep breath Asagi calmed himself and readied for his next strike.  He was determined to end this and get back to Mari's side.  She was suffering horribly, he could tell as they parted ways, and this elk had help him up far too long.  The blade singed in his hands as he brought it around to fell his foe.

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.

His wakazashi cut down the elk in a clean and swift motion.  The creature pixelated and disappeared back into the virtual worlds programming.  As he looked down Asagi saw the material he was after and quickly grabbed it up.  To the side of it though was something different, he smiled as he picked it up.

Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice.

s2u29s.jpg

Obtained "Blessed Hwando" +1 Damage

It seemed that he would be upgrading a little bit for now.  As he equipped his new item the blade shined with a white glow.  Whirling it around in his hand it felt as light as the wakazashi he had wielded before, perfect for his fighting style.  Sheathing it at his side Asagi quickly turned and ran for the cave where Mari had headed.  He hoped nothing had happened to her.  As he reached the entrance of the cave he prepared himself for the verbal abuse he knew he deserved from her.  With that he ran in to find the fair maiden he had not meant to hurt.

[Dice ID # 1078]

Mari leant down, inspecting the treasure chest - it was the first chest she had seen in the game. She didn't want to accidently trip a trap or have her hand chewed off by a Mimic. It looked normal. "Well, no pain - no gain..." Mari mumbled to herself. Feeling considerably less stressed than what she had earlier - taking out her anger on that mob and shouting at it had made her feel better. 

Rolled a 17 on the d20 (Loot) dice. SUCCESS
150 Col + 2 Mats

Mari opened up the chest, inside was a decent amount of Col and two materials she could use for either herself or to take to a Blacksmith, the chest faded away once she had taken out the contents. Now, an eerie silence fell - and the cool air of the cave began to give Mari goosebumps. She looked a frightful mess, her hair was matted and tangled, and her face covered in dirt - streaked where she had been crying. Her jumper had been torn and her arms were bleeding. Her polka dot skirt was crumpled and torn at the hem, if Mari were to see herself now it'd probably send her spiralling into a mini panic attack. 

Leaning back on the cave wall Mari contemplated waiting for Lotharian or not, would it be worth continuing on? He was probably worried about her. Good. She thought, let him suffer, at that spiteful thought Mari decided that she WOULD continue onto the next room. Her previous fight with the Skeleton Warrior yielded no loot so she was still nowhere near her goal for the quest. In fact, she was right at the start - meanwhile Lotharian was probably off in the field reaping the benefits of it all. 

Mari bitterly mumbled to herself as she entered the next room; where two Skeleton Warriors lay in wait for her. She charged at the first one.

Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Night Vision -1

She probably should have waited for her eyes to adjust to the darker room; her strike fell just short of its target.

Skeleton Warrior #1  10/10
Skeleton Warrior #2   10/10

Mari 15/19

Perma Dice ID #1075  (Chest)
Perma Dice ID #107  (Battle)

Running deeper into the cave Asagi was worried he hadn't found Mari yet.  It was then that he heard the sounds of combat.  She was fighting all alone in this dark area of the mines, he wasn't going to let her be hurt anymore he decided.  Readying his new equipment he sprinted towards the sounds of the struggle.  As he approached a small area with an open chest he could tell that she had been through this place.  Another sound rang out through the cave, this time very close, at the other end of the room he saw an archway and rushed over.  Inside was Mari battling against two of the skeletons by herself.  She looked like hell had happened since she walked away from him.  Without a second though he jumped into the fight and attacked mercilessly the skeleton to her right.

Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The sound of bone cracking at the impact of the strong blade resonated throughout the room.  With the force of the blow the skeleton could hardly even maneuver let alone hit Asagi as it swung wildly.  Mari wouldn't be doing this by herself and so Asagi stood right between her and the skeleton he had attacked, he could do at least that to aid her.

"Mari, please I didn't think that it would end up like this.  You are a magnificent woman and I meant no harm, I honestly believed in the state we were in that we both wanted the same thing.  Inhibitions gone I just gave in to your advances as you did mine and...........and I wish it could have been as fond a memory for you as it was for me.  Being with you was truly a dream in this censored up world we are stuck in.  Even if you can't forgive me Im not about to let anything happen to you, this virtual purgatory would be so very much darker without you in it."

Skeleton Warrior #2   4/10

Mari 15/19

Lotharian 15/15

[Dice ID # 1288]

Mari tried to strike the Skeleton Warrior again;

Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Night Vision -1

However, Lotharian charged on in - unannounced and it had completely thrown her off, Mari missed - and it just made her angrier. "Who said you could follow?" She hissed at him, ignoring his words.

Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice
-2 Eva

As Mari's attention was on Lotharian, the skeleton struck her hard across the face, causing Mari to fall to the floor. 
"Ugh..." Mari shook her head, attempting to dishevel the throbbing pain. 
"Look what you made me do you ass!"

Mari 14/19

Lotharian 15/15

Perma Roller ID #1297

As Asagi faced down the skeleton before him Mari seemed to simply steam with anger.  Hearing her get struck by the other enemy he knew there was no time to dawdle.  She snapped at him, obviously still very upset, and frustrated with the situation they were in.  It was not time for her to break down, no matter how angry she was with him he wasn't going to just leave her alone to be hurt.

"Mari now is not the time, pull yourself together!  Where is the strong, beautiful, amazing woman I know who would simply show me up at any possible turn.  Instead when Im trying to protect you your laying there and acting as a child when they didn't get their way.  I can't say Im sorry forever, so whether or not you believe me is a moot point.  What is important to me is that you make it out of this situation safe, yell at me all you like after."

It may have been harsh but he needed to snap her out of her funk.  This was no game and as much as he probably deserved the verbal abuse she was in turn taking it out on herself in ways.  Slashing at the enemy before him he hoped the next good strike would make short work of the cracked and brittle boney abomination.

Rolled a 2 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The skeleton dodged out of the way as it seemed Asagi wasn't completely focused during the encounter either.  Quickly strafing to the side he then barely avoided the mobs attempt at hitting him.  Frustrated that he let his emotion get to him he saw as the warrior Mari was facing started in on her again.  Ignoring the one he had been fighting for a moment he ran to protect the woman he had led to such a state.  Standing in between them he would not allow for this undead beast to lay a finger on her.

Rolled a 3 on the d10 (mob) dice.

As it now had a new enemy standing before it the skeleton took a surprised swing at Asagi.  Whirling around the side of it's blade Asagi deftly avoided the strike, as soon as he had the chance he knocked away the skeletal hand with his wrist-guards.  Even if he had to stand before both enemies at once he wouldn't allow them to get closer to Mari.

Mari scoffed, watching him flail in his attempted attack, "Maybe you should pull YOUR self together." She was still furious with him. Now he was here, Mari assumed he would have followed her, but she was hoping he would saunter back off to town to claim his part of the quest. It was true, Mari was pissed and having a child-like tantrum, but she was too stubborn to admit any sort of defeat. Especially around Lotharian.

Mari jumped up, wiping her face with the back of her hand, at this point Lotharian stepped in front of her, taking the hit. "What the hell?" She pushed him out of the way and onto the floor, "Are you a god-damned idiot? This isn't a game you know!" As she was talking one of the skeletons attempted to strike at her, but she side stepped it easily. "I'm so sick of these Damned little sh*ts!" Mari cried out as she turned to swing her dagger at the skeleton. The Dagger went straight through it's skull and it stepped back, uselessly flailing around.

Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice. 

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice

Skeleton Warrior #1  3/10

Mari 19/26

Lotharian 14/15

Mari pushed him to the side, upset that he had put himself in harms way to protect her.  At least this showed that she still cared, if nothing else her actions spoke louder than her words.  As she stabbed one of the skeletons in the skull it stumbled back from the surprisingly vicious and damaging strike.  That was more like the Mari he knew, getting back to his feet Asagi saw the skeleton he had been fighting closing in.  Getting into a stance he let loose his strike upon the enemy mob.

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The skeleton crumpled into pieces upon the ground before him, now there was merely one left.  Turning to join in the struggle against the last creature he looked at the still distressed Mari.  He wanted things to be alright again, she shouldn't be suffering so much.

"Mari what we did was an intoxicated, dumb decision.  In here though what chances do we really have to truly live though?  No matter what I can't bring myself to regret it, mostly because it was with you.  Even if you don't believe me I can tell you right now that in this virtual world there are only two people who matter to me.  Two who's well being I will fight ferociously to protect, and one of them is you.  That necklace was the first drop I got off of anything in this world.  A creature that brought me so close to death Im still not sure how I am alive to be here today.  I gave that to you, and even though whatever we are to eachother is complicated, I know that I wouldn't want to lose you as a friend.  Not when all we have inside Aincrad is the people we form bonds with."

He hoped that his words would find there way to her this time.  Even if she didn't forget about it he hoped that with time maybe she could forgive.

Skeleton Warrior #2   Deceased

Mari 19/26

Lotharian 14/15

[Dice ID # 1930]

Mari nodded, still seething although she couldn't say she was as angry with him as she was earlier. "It was a dumb decision. " Mari muttered, chosing to ignore the part where he said he only cared about two people, and that she was one of them. "You're a man with a silver tongue. I will take what you say with a grain of salt." She turned to slash at the skeleton warrior, but failed; it tried to strike her back but she kicked it in it's chest - knocking it away before it could reach her, or Lotharian. "You should treat me in the same regard."

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 3 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Mari 19/26

Lotharian 14/15

Perma Dice Roller ID #2026.

The last mob danced around the strikes, but somehow this was feeling less frantic, less heated between the two of them.  Mari was calming down, though she was still immensely mad at him for the situation they had found themselves in.  Asagi decided before they continued any meaningful conversation he should remove this eyesore of a creature.  Raising his blade up he swung down upon it's boney body.

Rolled a 4 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice

Yet again the strike glanced off of it's frame, not direct enough to break the mob but merely annoy it.  Kicking it back as a counter Asagi sent the skeleton stumbling back a little causing it's wild swing to miss again.  Though they seemed to be having bad luck finishing their foe at least it was not much of a threat to them at the moment.

"Mari, of course I know everyone must take each-others words with a grain of salt.  I knew from the start I had to take yours in that way so you don't have to say it.  Don't take me wrong though, it is because you were always so abrasive with your words, but deep down I knew where they came from.  Your not the person your words portray you as, but unlike others the person inside is a much more caring person than you want to let on.  That is why I always found you intriguing, and why when others were not so quick to get close to you at first I was not so off-put by your demeanor."

He wanted to make things right between them, Mari was one of the people he would be upset about losing in this world.  In a world of death and betrayal someone such as her was very important to Asagi, he hoped one day she would forgive him.

[Dice ID # 2570]

It seemed they were getting nowhere fast; the skeleton still hadn't died; and she was still 2 ore away from completing her part of the quest. Mari didn't even want the stupid armour any more. The Skeleton danced around as though it was mocking her, and rather than attack with her blade she used the hilt of her dagger to punch it in the head. It staggered and tried to attack her but she deftly stepped out of the way.

"Let's just get this over and done with, I'm tired, and this little sh*t is pissing me off."

Mari 19/26

Lotharian 14/15

Battle Dice: 2
Mob Dice: 2

Perma Dice Roller ID #2726

They both were not in the mindset to fight on much longer, too much had transpired.  It was obvious in the weak strikes they had been dealing out.  Mari was right, it was time to end this and move along, try to salvage the day by coming out with at least something to show for it.  Raising his sword his urgency to finish off the skeleton drove his blade.

Rolled a 5 + 1 Acc on the d10 (battle) dice.

Asagi's slash seemed a bit off but it seemed that the fates had decided to end it as well, the sword landed with just enough force to crumble the boney enemy.  Seeing the item drop he hoped that this would be the end of it.

"I believe that is what we came for Mari.  The other material is right by the skeleton I felled over there."

A silence between them lingered for a moment and Asagi decided to walk up to the suffering woman.  He had to do something even if it upset her, and so believing it was for the best he wrapped his arms around her hugging her close.

"I am truly sorry I hurt you, I did not do it intentionally by any means.  Right now Im just glad that alive and well and even if it takes a long time I hope that you can forgive me."

Letting her go Asagi started to walk away, Mari had her materials and so did he.  They simply had to trek back to the smithy and get their reward.  No doubt the two of them looked a lot worse for wear but the damage that had to heal most wasn't that of a physical nature.

[Dice ID # 3462]

Mari picked up the last material she needed for the quest. She turned around only to face a strong embrace from Lotharian. Mari didn't like being touched - whatever they did whilst she was drunk the night before would have been the exeption.  Mari furrowed her brow in his embrace, tiny shoulders shifting up and down as she tried to break free. "If you're sorry you'd let me the censored go you ass." Mari said in an angered tone, voice muffled by his shirt. Lotharian stepped away; and Mari grimaced.

"Listen...Asagi..." She began, her voice somewhat remorseful. "I don't...really like being touched ok? I don't know what we did that night - but its sort of an exception. I have a funny thing where I don't like being touched unless I instigate it." She said as she began to walk out of the cave with him.

Mari said a few scornful words towards him as he attempted to apologize again.  It was obvious that nothing he did at this point would be help the situation.  Asagi had done all he could, and now Mari had to come to terms with things in her own mind.  Despite her words though she did start to show a more candid demeanor, explaining why the embrace made her uncomfortable.  The world was full of people with quirks and the like, it would seem that this was just another one of those encounters.  He would simply have to remember in the future that it was not something all that smiled upon.  It had to be done though, it definitely had changed the mood, and had made it feel as though a weight was lifted.  Even Mari was walking at his side, not happy but by no means in the state she had been before.

"Well instigated or not we will always have the knowledge that it happened.  Now it goes without saying, especially after this that unless you truly want to know more about it, or anything pertaining to that night, we just won't directly speak of it again.  It is simple as that, and the problem can be mitigated, we both must deal with the ramifications."

Asagi looked at her with serious tone, her words usually didn't get to him, but in this instance it seemed like they cut like glass rather than a playful scrape.  He had one last thing to say on the matter before they could drop it forever.

"Mari, your words are as cold as ever.  Pushing away everyone who would protect you, help you, give you companionship.  I understand it, in fact I dare say I understand a great deal more about that feeling than a lot of others.  That is why I didn't turn away from you just because you speak with an acidic tongue.  Your going to have to make exceptions to normal situation rules one of these days.  When that decision comes I hope you have the strength to make the right choice."

Pausing for a short bit they simply continued walking out of the cave and back onto the beaten path back to town.

"Now that the more pressing business was ousted in conversation it is time to get both of our materials back to that couple.  You may want to try and fix a few things yourself on the way.  I don't believe you realize how distraught your attire and form are at this moment."

They had travelled far; and had arrived back on the 3rd floor; Mari was tired and she knew Lotharian meant well, he really seemed to be trying, sadly his words kept missing their mark. He kept striking the wrong chord with her. "You're right, I don't want to know anything about it." She snapped at him in a cold, brutal tone. Seconds passed before she added in a grumbled voice; "and don't apologize for it either."

Mari turned to face him, as he tried to lecture her about her actions and how she shouldn't be so cold. That she'd be better off seeking out companionship. "You have no censored right telling me what you think is good for me. You're one to damn talk, masking yourself behind an aloof, flirtatious persona."

She snorted, opening the door to the blacksmiths that had the quest rewards, she could not wait for this day to be over.