Perma Roller Bulls**t! Please bring back the old system.

See, I am confused by all of this. All I see is that some of you like the 'old' system, some of you like the 'new' system, and some of you are indifferent. And as to integrating the dice system into the posts, couldn't you just like, attach it to the post. I mean this: Let's say that before you make a post, there is the dice thingy to the side, and it shows what the rolls you got were (like we normally see beside our post). Now, you use those rolls to do all the math and such that you need to, and then you post. When you post, there is a small abbreviated column or somesuch that shows what that player's roles were for that post. And you cannot quote or any of that. This way, the player posting saw exactly what rolls they have, and everyone else sees exactly what their roles were, too.

Basically, you see your dice roles before the post, but cannot tweak or change them, and everyone else can see them too, once the post is made.

See, I am confused by all of this. All I see is that some of you like the 'old' system, some of you like the 'new' system, and some of you are indifferent. And as to integrating the dice system into the posts, couldn't you just like, attach it to the post. I mean this: Let's say that before you make a post, there is the dice thingy to the side, and it shows what the rolls you got were (like we normally see beside our post). Now, you use those rolls to do all the math and such that you need to, and then you post. When you post, there is a small abbreviated column or somesuch that shows what that player's roles were for that post. And you cannot quote or any of that. This way, the player posting saw exactly what rolls they have, and everyone else sees exactly what their roles were, too.

Basically, you see your dice roles before the post, but cannot tweak or change them, and everyone else can see them too, once the post is made.

This "is" the argument. If it "could" be done, it would have already been done. But I don't know how, hence the problem.

I understand that, I was just trying to visualize what I had thought of through text, and it failed. If I had any programming skills, I would try to do something like that, but, unfortunately, I cannot.

You could set quoting to be automatic (for the rolls, anyway), except it wouldn't be editable. That way, quoting your rolls will always be there and (I'm probably wrong on this) the system cannot be cheated.

• 1 month later...

You say that he is too young to know how the old site was. Well then let's look at it from a new approach. I myself have been part of the forum for a few months less than a year (around 8 to 9 I would say). Sure, I loved the old system's dice. It's what made me like the whole forum all together. I was fine with the way things worked. Yes, there were those who cheated, yes there were those who acted like there was no dice system.

I myself remember back when you had to make 2 posts in order to get 1 result. Back when you couldn't even EDIT your own posts. All I can say is that I have been around longer than you have and I'm still here! The same forum, with almost all of the same people. It doesn't matter if we lose people here and there, but what does matter is those who are.

Now, back on topic: There is no problem with the dice system that we have. We have the exact same concept for combat systems and for crafting. The only difference is that if you want to do something that will result in personal gain you need it verified and approved. The PERMA ROLLER is an optional choice when you aren't doing anything big like an event or quest. Think of it like this, the PERMA ROLLER is literally only there for the GM related stuff.

Without that nobody would ever get hit on bosses because they block everything, they all deal critical hits on the boss, and they all receive top notch loot dice. Let's say you're in an RPG, how would you feel if you were to play against some hackers (as they usually do this stuff anyways) and they are fighting you and you can't touch them but they keep hitting you. I remember playing some games where they would use a bot to run the game and they win everything without taking a single point of damage while having the most damage dealt in the entire game. That's exactly what we are up against now.

So as my own personal input, I am saying, if you don't like to use the perma roller then don't. The only way this will affect you is if you want to do GM Events or Quests and you refuse to use the PERMA ROLLER.

Ya the old site was easy to cheat in ways and it was harder to find there dice and poet. Now when your weapons and such are being approved, you can post the I'd, which has all four rolls, date, name, and link all in one. Easy right? Yep. The old system was the reason I never got into the site fully. I didn't like them.