The Scorch of Arrogance! (Zelrius)

I stared at the scum ahead of me, a blob. It was truly a disgusting monster that was probably a bottom feeder. Most likely it waited for low level idiots to come near and try to attack so it could burn and paralyzed them, leading to a slow death. It anticipated my moves as I inched my way closer to it with a malicious smirk on my face. When I got close enough to it where I could hit it without being hit I pulled out a dagger and threw it. It landed perfectly in the center and burned a hold through the lava's surface, dealing damage, before melting away into the body of it. I flipped the white half of my hair over my shoulder and pulled out another dagger. This was beginning to be fun even though this floor had extreme temperatures. Long story short, it was hot. 

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Lava Blob 8/10 

Kiru 69/69

• Zelrius smirked as he saw that a girl was weighted into battle. The Blood Buccaneer was a bit impressed that she clearly wasn't a low level, Depicted by her gear and damage and the fact that she didn't seem the least bit scared for being on Floor 9.  Either She was truly a high level and was here for a bit of grinding, Or, She was a really lucky and extremely stupid low level, Though something itched at Zelrius the fact that the latter was not possible. Whatever the case, Zelrius decided to drop in and maybe steal a few experience points. He drew his Twinfire sword and Swung in a flury of Red and Blue Flame swung at the Blob, Making contact.
  •  
  • Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 20 on the d20 (loot) dice.

(Check Sig, 2 Base damage, +5 due to Master of Curved Blade.)

Lava Blob 1/10 (2 Burn Damage, 2 Turns of Burn)

Kiru 69/69

I was just about to make another dagger stick into the meaningless blob but someone caught my attention, and my prey! After he finished showing off his impressive attack I stood up and gave an icy glare to the idiot player that dared to interrupt my fun. With my eyes still locked onto him I threw my dagger hard into the blob and smirk as it melted away with a sizzling sound. It was almost as if it was burning a hole through the ground. Who the heck are you? I asked and placed a hand on my hip, annoyed that he was here.

• Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Lava Blob 0/10 

Kiru 69/69

Edited by Kiru

Zelrius looked to her and saw annoyance, Then she had killed the blob, and ruined All of Zelriuss fun. Well, Can't blame her, It was her ene- Actually, you can blame her, Or so thought Zelrius. Never in his arrogant mind did Zelrius even think that maybe she needed the EXP from that monster for something. So, another arrogant moment occured, when this girl had asked who he was. For a moment he chuckled then asked "You're kidding Right? Clearly, you've lived in a hole for a good while. Well, I am Zelrius oh dear helpless dame. And what your name might be?"

I could say the same about myself, you haven't heard of me? What a shame...oh well. Oh, and sorry to burst your bubble but I haven't heard of you before, maybe your'e just not important. I said with a grin spreading wide. If anyone is helpless, it's you. Your the who barged in to take my points, pretty helpless on your part if I say so myself. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at the player name Zelrius. I could tell already that this was a supercilious man. â€‹Kiru, remember it too

Edited by Kiru

Once again he laughed. This one was clearly going to be an entertaining bit. Though he was annoyed easily by the fact that she saw HIM as helpless. He too scoffed and had to make a comment. "Oh you most certainly have no idea who I am if you think it is I who is Helpless. Look at me, My sword is that above 'perfect' Tier, and my Armor and Boots make it so much easier for me to make even the strongest of monsters look like weaklings. Let's hear how your weak your gear is, Kiru." He said her name with a kind of Snare, that of a small child saying "Ew"

I mostly tuned out his conceited bragging, not really caring about his "perfect" gear. If you need all that gear to defend you then you really are helpless, Zelrius. I sneered and matched his ending tone, edgy on the name. I'm not wearing anything protective, I'm practically defenseless, yet here I am. On floor nine. I arrogantly flipped the black half of my hair off the side of my shoulder to finish the job. 

Zelrius dropped arrogance for a second at her hair flip then quickly regained it. To show weakness  to her now, This early if at all, Would truly be embarrasing no to mention just fine lack of dignity. Zelrius would not stand for it. So in order to show off He jumped away with great speed and began to run off in a sprint, Because of the high skill he had in Sprint and his boots, It would seem he moved faster then most anyone else ever seen in the game. Then he stopped short and instantly, and turned back to Kiru, seeing if she would follow or simply stay over there and let him win this contest of speed.

I perked an eyebrow when Zelrius ran away from me so suddenly. Running away I see, did I scare you or something? I knew he wanted a challenging race. I wanted him to break his pride and actually ask me to race him. Not only would he satisfy me by doing so but I could also call out that he had an advantage and there wasn't any point to it. Either way, I knew I could come up with something to retort back to him. 

He only laughed when she didn't make a move though he saw the expression of evil on her face. He called out to her "What's wrong, Know you'll lose?" "Don't be like that, swallow up your pride a little and run." Now he was enjoying this challenge a little. It'd been a while since Zelrius met someone who could even match him and something new couldn't hurt, esspically now, when the Floor clearing was in landlock (Sorry, Got distracted by Dota, I had meant to post earlier)

I won't lose, you just have advantages. And what pride do I have? I like to think I'm pretty modest, if not the most modest here. I said sarcastically and pulled out a dagger that I put away. It was light in my hands as I aligned my shot. I threw it hard enough to fly really close to Zelrius. While his attention was diverted onto the flying projectile I ran forward past him. When I turned back I stuck my tongue out and laughed. 

He agreed, His advantages did make it kind of unfair, But did he care? No. Not even in the sightest. Maybe in his early days of SAO his humbleness might have allowed him to give maybe half a [censored].  But in these days, He clearly didn't care at all about what advantage his gear gave him. Not to mention, It truly wasn't unfair, He had earned every piece of col it Took to get the gear he had, Paid, and defeated the Phoenix for the twinfire Sword. So it wasn't as if he was just handed what it was he had on him. Then he dropped a bit of his arrogance in order to initiate another challenge "Well, It would seem it is your turn, my dear lady."

My turn? To do what? Are you assuming were playing games here? I asked Zelrius. He lost the first challenge that I gave him already, with him not even knowing there was a confrontation. I can assure you I'm in no mood to play games right now. I was content messing with the brainless lava blobs. I stuck my bottom lip out, as if I were to pout. 

He noticed a little slip up there. He wasn't quite as narcissitic as he was normally. Very well then, He thought. He glanced around now and spotted off in the distance a nicely sized black bug with the red cuts all about it, Signaling that it had a burn damage attachment to its hits. Drawing his sword once more, Zelrius charged forth and swung at this little beast, Once more just showing off the strength this equipment and skills could hold

Zelrius 65/65

Kiru 69/69

Rockimite 16/25 (2 Sword, 5 Skill, 2 Crit, 9) (2 Burn damage, 2 Turns)

[You probably don't need me explaining my damage calculations but I do it to legitimize my attacks for future reference]

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice

I huffed as he ran away again. This time I knew what he was doing. There was a black bug with red indention on it's back just ahead of us. He drew his fancy sword and swung, dealing more damage than I probably could. With a loud sigh, one that I made sure he heard, I pulled out a dagger and carelessly threw it in the direction of the bug. I didn't really bother seeing if it stuck or not, or if it hit Zelrius for the matter. I just yawned and crossed my arms.

• Rolled a 4 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Kiru 69/69

Zelrius 65/65

Rockimite 14/25 (2 Burn damage, 2 Turns, 1 turn left)

Zelrius heard a whizzing and ended up scuttling away he saw fly past him a Dagger. He looked back to the girl who was clearly annoyed with Zelrius. He laughed and called to Kiru behind him "Trying to kill me now?" Zelrius asked in a half annoyed half teasing tone, Then turning back quickly He noticed the bug had leaped, and was already too late, This little bastard ended up with a nice pincer snap on Zelrius's right wrist. Swinging the sword wit his other hand and around, He attacked the Rockimite back

Kiru 69/69

Zelrius 60/65 (2 Burn Damage, 1 Turn) 

Rockimite 5/25 (2 Burn damage, 2 Turns, 1 turn left) (Replenished, Does not stack)

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 14 on the d20 (loot) dice.

If you want me to I would be delighted to, maybe even overjoyed. I replied, equally irritated as I was before. When the bug got a hold of Zelrius I took out yet another dagger and flung it straight into the head. I simply rolled my eyes at his idiocy. The bug let out a high pitched noise and dropped him from it's pincer. I busted out laughing at Zelrius as he fell from the grasp of the bug. You really do need all that gear! I said and continued to laugh, not paying attention to the enemy.

• Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Kiru 69/69

Zelrius 60/65 (2 Burn Damage, 1 Turn) 

Rockimite 3/25 (2 Burn damage, 2 Turns, 1 turn left) (Replenished, Does not stack)

Now it was then Zelrius actually dropped his arrogance. The boy had just realized that the narcissism was only a facade, or a fake face put there. But why? Zelrius didn't actually know himself why it is he pretended to be so self centered. Thanks to this girl here, Zelrius had realized that he wasn't actually arrogant, More or less just self centered and Selfish. Of course he also realized the egotistical smile had dropped from his face, and well, The blonde haired boy wasn't exactly going to just give up, not in front of someone else, and esspically not infront of a girl. So, Picking back up on his facade of Narcissism, Zelrius only laughed at her remark about him needing the Gear and took a swing at the Rockimite.

(I am on my Console, So I cannot Copy and Paste, But I swear I am being Honest by my battle dice)

Kiru 69/69

Zelrius 55/65 (Taking instant burn damage since fight is over)

Rockimite DEAD

Rolled a 7 for BD

Rolled a 9 for Mob BD

Rolled a 9 For Crafting

Rolled a 12 for Loot

I did a fancy dagger flip trick and caught in mid air, putting it away now that Zelrius finished off the enemy. His reaction was a little different than what I would have expected from him, or what I have been seeing so far. I could only think of one explanation for his personality switch. He must really get into a battle...maybe he shuts out everything? I thought, dismissing the thought quicker than it came, and looked at Zelrius. It was a little unusual to see his health go down, even though he didn't get necessarily "hit." As if I were to ask him about his sudden health drop, I perked one eyebrow at him. 

• 3 weeks later...

Zelrius looked at his Hp. He was extremely displeased with the amount he had lost. Then he looked to Kiru and it would seem she had lost none at all. He let out a Sigh. Clearly she was a better narcissist then he was. And just realizing that, Zelrius felt a little different then he had this morning. He put his sword away giving a nod. He looked around the ninth floor, Not really sure what to do now. It would seem Kiru was better at a single fight then he was. Zelrius let out a sigh and looked to her. "What now, Oh Miss Princess." He called her sarcastically.