(PP-F1) Treating the sick (Secret Medicine of the Forest) [COMPLETE]

"Hmmm,where's Arekkusu... I've send him the message stating that today we're going for a quest. I hope he read it....or didn't overslept." Yuji wait near the safe city gate. He stretch a bit and look at the weather. "Nice weather we have today... Well,at days like this what I usually do....oh yeah,I play games..." Yuji stare at the clouds,mind wander far from its owner.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arekkusu was running quickly. He forgot the arrangement made with Yuji, which is ironic considering this was done under the request of Arekkusu himself. A boar got in the way in which Arekkusu felt as if he had no time to deal with it. Arekkusu swung the sword at the boar

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.

The boar instantly died as Arekkusu kept on running. The castle gates weren't too far from where Arekkusu was at. Arekkusu was actually just walking before this happened. He forgot the day of his new weapon was finally here. Was Yuji the only one out of the two of them who cared?

Arekkusu then ran towards the gate, late of course.

"Wait!" Arekkusu yelled, running a bit too fast. He accidentally ran past Yuji and hit the wall right next to him.

"I'm, ow, here." Arekkusu said to Yuji. "Where do we go?"

"Well,we'll be fighting a bunch of Little Nepent,a flower type monster. After we beat some of them,the target will come out. A rare variant Little Nepent. This Nepent is different from others,it has a big flower than the other Nepent. It's a tough one too. After we beat it we get the quest item, <Little Nepent's Ovule> and send the item to get the reward. SImple right?" Yuji whistle while spinning his sword after finish explaining.

"If that's the case,then I won't invite you to this quest. The reward is Anneal Blade+1, an uncommon item. It is definitely better than the one you're using right now." Yuji point at the sword before looking forward. "I won't trick people,not in this game at least. Jokes can get you kill after all~"

Arekkusu understood the situation at this point. An uncommon item though? Arekkusu has heard of that kind of weapon. Apparentally you can apply things like Skills in order to really change a losing game into a winning one. As for the weapon itself, it's still a blade, which is what I'm currently used to right now.

"Then lets do this!" Arekkusu exclaimed with excitement in his voice. He ran forward a few steps with his blade out and ready combat.

"Well if i were you,I will hold my horses for a while." Yuji draw his sword and look at the boar in front of Arekkusu. He quickly charge in and land a strike at the boar. The boar then ram Yuji but he manage to avoid himself from getting huge damage by defending himself with his sword. "I never said that the road to the village is safe."

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice.

MD: 7-1

Yuji: 20/21

Arekkusu: 11/11

Wild Boar: 1/5

"Awwww." Arekkusu said as he went down like a kid. "Can't I at least have my moment without these stupid enemies attacking?"

Arekkusu sliced at the boar, who neatly jumped back against the attack. Arekkusu then blocked a headbutt from the boar. Arekkusu quickly pushed it back, stunning it for a few seconds. Arekkusu then swung his blade at the enemy.

• Rolled a 1 on the d4 dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d6 dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d8 dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 8 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Arekkusu successfully struck the boars head, killing it as the data particles flew. They were like the confetti of victory.

"I see this isn't safe at all." Arekkusu said to Yuji.

Arekkusu put his sword back behind he back, putting back in his sheathe.  Arekkusu kept a better eye on the road ahead. The misty weather made it a bit hard for Arekkusu to see, but it most certainly beat fog. Yuji seemed to know what he is doing, so Arekkusu trusted him. Arekkusu then began to continue his game of 20 questions.

"So Yuji." Arekkusu started. "I've recently been learning about dual-wielding. Say I obtain this weapon, can I use the new weapon and this sword as a pair on their own? Or must that come in a skill?"

Yuji stop a bit and look at Arekkusu before turning his head ahead and start walking. "Dual wield ehhh... You can equip both sword and use both of it at once,sure. But there's no use in doing that. Mind you that using 1 sword is more effective as you can use skill while dual wielding is kind of useless because you can't use sword skill." Yuji draw his sword and spin. He then aim forward and sheath it back;he did that all while walking. 

"Sword skills makes a difference in this game. The system assist when using skill will help you to reach god-like reactions such as speed faster than a normal person could run. Land 2-10 hits at once rather than normal 1 hits. If you dual wield,you don't have access to this. No one in this game can't activate sword skills when they dual wield swords."

"Of course,I heard of rumors that Dual Wield Skills are somewhere in this game. With this skill,you can dual wield swords with ease. Imagine the amount of damage you can dish out when you use two swords,amazing right? Of course,it is just a rumor~"

"Well then, if you want to dual wield,then be my guest. Let me remind you though that weapon bonus won't be available for you as well as you will deal less damage. Your speed and reaction will decrease considerably too."

"Sorry for the long explanation. I want you too understand that Dual Wield is impossible. Until someone could proof the validness of the rumor and obtain it,dual wielding is useless." Yuji finish his long explanation with a tap on Arekkusu shoulder.

It didn't make sense to Arekkusu. He understood one person spreading that rumor, but many people would talk about something that was fake? That sounds a bit unrealistic. Dual-wielding stored with so much information as to not using skills but inflicting huge amounts of pain, if that hasn't been proven then how could someone eve know such information.

Say it were a rumor, then how do we know the Pro's and Con's of it. Would all this information on it be make-believe. Arekkusu felt as if he had to do some deep research into the Duel-wield theory before he can have his own opinion.

Arekkusu just looked at Yuji and agreed to him, locking up his doubts on Arekkusus own hypothesis. "I see." Arekkusu said to him. "I think skills sound awesome, I think I'll stay with one blade for now."

Arekksu looked through his inventory to search for an apple he picked off a tree. Then he bit into the sweet fruit and continued walking.

"How much further must we travel?" Arekkusu asked.

"Ahh, Nice timing. We already arrive at the Field of Crossing. Alright,let's follow the road to the left. This will lead us to the Village of Horunka,the place where the NPC who give the quest is. Well,follow closely now,I don't want to encounter the wolf here. Hurting ourselves before attempting the quest will be a pain in the butt." Yuji change his direction to the left. Despite the mist that suddenly come from nowhere, Yuji know the road around here since he travel to and from the same place again and again. The map of the whole F1 area is in his head now,minus the secret area he heard of but haven't discover it yet.

"I've only played one MMO game actually." Arekkusu replied. "There are some characters made by default, default characters sometimes help in battle. They may not be real, but they have always saved me from battles I couldn't win. Some gave you quests, some were actually enemies, but they all made major impacts on the game. Here... it seems like there are only players. If you were completely new and couldn't make amends... you're done. No assistance at all. Maybe that was all thought up of by the SAO staff."