RP - need Help with my character development

So I already start to looking for a way to make my character more interesting.

I found out that small thing that he learn to hate really give him more depth than I thought :grin:

But stile I am looking for something more. Its hard for me to think about something because he is not a child (around 23-24) and (somehow) reasonable and friendly.

Maybe a special contact with other characters? Someone he know, someone he hate or some complex relationships?

I'm looking for people that wish to help me develop Rowan. With their characters or their ideas, everything is welcome.

Thanks ^_^

'Complex relationship'

You mean THAT kind of relationship? The girl and guy relationship or something more complex? 

Someone he know- Maybe your character can remember his long lost friend. E.g: Rowan found someone in SAO who act or look exactly like the one friend he had in real life during his childhood.

Someone he hate- This one is easy enuf. Just find a character that his/her traits collide with yours. E.g: Your character trait is 'Nice'. The other character trait is 'Evil'. When you two meet with each other, you will become uncomfortable with each other and become enemies.

That or you can straight away P.M someone and tell him to become enemy with you.

I find that forcing relationships actually makes my character development and plot progression worse, not better. I can't just message someone and say "hey, lets make our characters fall in love." Because after that, all interactions between those two characters won't be genuine.

I much prefer to just let my character grow and evolve through my writing. I let Lessa react in real-time - not with some goal in mind. If I want her to become more interesting, I put her in new situations. Maybe take on a new quest, or join a boss fight. Focus on collecting materials, or go out and do some grinding. Or, you could interact with new people. Don't force change upon your character, or make arrangements beforehand. Just go with the flow, and put your character through some new exercises. You'll find your character changing naturally that way.

Thanks for all the comments :D

I really agree that we can't arrange "lets fell in love". But we can plan a seed that will give us, I call it ammo, to use daring the RP. Like connection we agreed in the past or someone want to try to push some of my character buttons. Arranging all the scene would be bad, but creating an interesting infrastructure will always lead to a better story(as we say: the better the background is the better we are improvisational? So something like that).

Lessa you are right, I found that read and write the comment in real time is better then planing it, however i find it hard to flow and "do something interesting" at the same time . Maybe is because my character doesn't feel solid enough for me, or because a need to be the Stroyteller for my character to.

Rarely get involve in thoughtful post. I also SP a lot and have more freedom to tell story the way I want. For the super fast post...yeah well I just write anything that's in my head. I also need to level fast which is why I post as fast as I can.

Of course,I try to stick to the story as much as I can. It'll be very ugly if I suddenly become a hero in someone's story.

Back to topic.

Well in character development,most story will have the character to go some kind of tragedy so that his/her character can grow. Be that tragedy involve the dead of some character or you lost something important to you. That or someone you trust so much betray you.

This will make your character to grow into someone that will trust/love/appreciate people more or hate/irritated/strong/solitude. It depends on how you want the tragedy to happen.

Besides,bad things will always change us for the better or worse. Good/happy moments can change you, but people tend to forget those moments...except when they are dying.

It's true that someone doesn't have to be evil to get some issue with your character. That person can be too good to the point that it's nauseating. A direct contact with your character that change your character development when playing with someone can't be control fully.  You can minimize the change,but it's too little you can't do anything about it.

In other words, to make your character develop more,play with different people as much as you can. Get to know them,hate them,love them,etc. Be their friends or enemies. Even if they put good face at their front,find some fault in their character. 

(Hell I don't know why I write post this long. I don't even know if there's a merit in what I'm writing. Well that's what I can think about when it comes to developing your character.)