[PP-F5] Overcoming The Forces Of Nature <<The Traveler>> {Tristan}

L stood in the sandy town of floor 5. A mysterious NPC wearing a thick cloak wrapped around her entire body, including her face, approached him and explained to him that she has precious cargo in the depths of the deserts, hidden beneath the sand. L raised an eyebrow looking at her puzzled, he wasn't sure what kind of cargo she had but she seemed to have become weak with sickness, and needed rest. "Don't you worry, i'll help.. just get some rest" However, she told him, the goods must be recovered within two days. "It’s up to you to find it" she said weakly. She walked away and he headed into a tavern to get away from the heat for a few moments before he was to embark on his journey. 

L turned to Tristan "Well she wasn't very descriptive but Im sure we'll figure something out. Nothing ventured nothing gained my friend" It had been quite some time since he last saw Tristan "How long has it been since we last met?" He tried to remember but no memory came to mind but he knew that he had seen him before. "I think it was at that party... when i was level 3..? Good times.." He smiled faintly and cracked his neck, an hold habit of his. "I think if we headed towards the broken ruins buried in the sand.. it should give us some direction" In fact he had seen something interesting while he fought the sand shark in those very ruins, an entrance of some sort he had no time to explore through.

Tristan nodded. "I think it was the party, yes. Well in any case I think you're right, that does seem like the best course of action for that."

Tristan did not see any ruins when he saw the Sand Shark, but then he was far too busy hitting the sand missing the shark to notice any ruins regarding the matter.

Tristan stretched his own back a bit, which cracked slightly. He began to wonder why on earth the game simulated this, but decided just to leave it for now in inquiring it.

"Well, as you say, let us venture to the desert." Tristan prepared himself for the journey ahead. He foresaw the likelihood of no monsters in such of a harsh climate, but certainly a lot of walking.

He nodded at him "I guess we should make a move then" As the red day was beginning to dawn, and the lightning cracked the sky he pressed on against the harsh sand with the wind picking up and some of the sand blowing against his face. "Hmm.. i wonder" He looked off into the distance and noticed the ruins partially buried in the sand, it was his best bet so far."This should be it" it had been awhile travelling through the sand but they finally made it. "We should check inside right?"

Tristan nodded as best as he could against the harsh weather that blew against them. He was starting to get sand in his eyes which was rather unpleasant. It wasn't helped by the fact walking on sand is harder because it absorbed some of the force with the moving of the sand, making it an altogether harder task.

"So long as I'm not getting my eyes stung I'm happy."

He was about to enter the tomb when he realised that he also had heard of a trade rout adjacent to the tomb. "I guess my exploration of this place will have to wait for another time" He turned against the sands harsh winds and was caught by surprise. A small sandstorm which knocked him off his feet and onto the ground. He looked over at his HP bar grimly "Ugh.." He got back off slowly and dusted himself off "We should try the trade rout instead, going inside the tomb will only waste our time. Sorry about that" He made his way over to the trading path, though hard to distinguish due to the sand, was not impossible.

~Life: 21/22 

• Rolled a 1 on the d20 (loot) dice.

(Its actually the craft die. Let's just role with it and keep going, doing it in the future)

Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Tristan was also knocked back by the sand storm, left quite disoriented from it. Oh, and losing 1 HP.

"Owww my eyes...." He said in a depressive tone.

He turned to L as he spoke of using a trade route. Tristan then replied with "don't sweat it. A trade route does sound likely though as to where the cargo was dropped."

He trudged along the sand along with L, vision blurred from tears in his eyes due to the sand. This quest looked to be no fun at all.

Tristan 25/26

Life 21/22

They continued to trek through the harsh sands along the path carved clearly by the common trade route. "I wonder what's inside the cargo that makes it so precious" The winds where harsh but he wasn't going to get knocked down so easily this time, he covered his eyes with his forearm and pressed on. His nightmare coat was hard leather, protecting his rather well most of the times "This is literally like trying to find a needle in a hay stack" He groaned, the heat was beating down on his neck becoming near unbearable. 

Tristan grunted in a agreement. "Yeah, a needle which has been covered in hay over and over and may not even be in that haystack, but a different one."

Tristan also managed to survive the sands that hit against him. Being from the United Kingdom, he was not accustomed any sort of extreme weather except for rain and clouds.

Tristan could just see himself reaching the cargo, then seeing whats in it is something nigh worthless, making the trip a waste of time. Nonetheless, he kept some level of optimism and trudged on.

The sand started to shake and sift underneath them, this was going to be trouble. From the ground bursted a huge 'armoured dillo' and on its back baring a large crate tied to it, possibly the cargo. "No way.. do you think it could be it?" He examined it carefully as it started to scamper away from the two. "There's no time to lose or risk it. Im going after the thing" His stride turned into a full sprint as he chased after the armadillo. Judging by its stats it wouldn't be easy to kill. It only had 30 health but it had 3 damage mitigation and did about 3 damage itself. It was surprisingly fast for such a large thing. "Come on lets go!" He shouted edging Tristan to come along.

~Life: 24/24

~Tristan: 26/26

~Armoured Dillo: 30/30 - 3 damage mitigation - 3 damage

"I'm coming!" Tristan shouted as he ran along side life to chase the Arma..dillo? No wait, armoured dillo. Gosh, that was a bad play of words there.

Tristan charged towards the armoured dillo with his spear to attack them, but missed completely. The spear did not even reach the Armoured Dillo as he had misjudged the distance of his attack. Tristan cursed to himself for missing the attack and waited on L to attack.

[iD 1139 BD 4. Miss]

~Life: 22/22

~Armoured Dillo: 30/30 - 3 damage mitigation - 3 damage

L tried not to laugh as Tristan missed flimsily. He jumped into the air landing on the bottom part of the armoured dillos back stabbing at its tail making sure to get in as much damage as possible before the beast shook him off and tunnelled back into the ground for an attack. It re-emerged and tried to bowl him over but his reactions where too fast for the beast. 

~Armoured Dillo: 26/30 - 3 damage mitigation - 3 damage

ID: 1145

Tristan attempted to attack the rolling armoured Dillo, but embarassingly missed again. This was getting a bit silly for him, but Tristan kept calm and waited for his next opportunity to attack the rolling armoured dillo. He tightened the grip on his spear as he had his shield up to take any hits from the beast.

[iD 1162 BD 1. Miss]

~Armoured Dillo: 26/30 - 3 damage mitigation - 3 damage

L shook his head as he watched tristan miss another shot clear shot. "Guess everyone has off days, must be the wind eh?" He charged back in, jumping up and fly kicking in on the beast not really doing anything. The beast eye'd him and turned to flick its already damage tail at him missing completely and smacking it into an old pillar. L saw his opportunity and struck down again at its tail, it seemed to be its weakest point. 

~Attack Success!

~Enemy attack epic fail!

~Armoured Dillo: 22/30 - 3 damage mitigation - 3 damage 

ID: 1166

Tristan did a "tch." sound in reply. "Either that or sand in my eyes." He shrugged, since either way he hadn't hit and that simply wasn't acceptable for this battle. This time he tried again, charging and sending a spear at the beast. This time his spear connected, but it was only a glancing blow. It was a painful reminder that his weapon was only uncommon and that he needed a better one. He supposed he could go to Daeron's smith, where he knew he was offering to make weapons.

At least he hit though, whatever that counted for.

He really hoped the Dillo would start attacking him, so that Tristan could engage his Fire Thorns on them. He supposed next move would be to get Fighting Spirit or Howl as a skill, which will help him out to attract the enemy.

[iD 1177 BD 6. Damage 4-3=1]

~Armoured Dillo: 21/30 - 3 damage mitigation - 3 damage 

L smiled as Tristan finally landed his first hit. It was rather lacklustre but at least he hit his mark. "There we go, that's the way" He said in a patronising type voice. He was rather disappointed in the difficulty of the battle, it was basically hitting a brick wall. Just as he said that the armadillo sprung from the ground and landed on top of him before he could think. He didn't expect such a large creature to make a move like that. It crushed his back and damaging him heavily as the beast waddled off his body waking him in the face with its tail and prepared another jump to add to the pool of damage.

~Attack failed!

~Enemy attack perfect critical! 4 damage! (5-1 mit)

~Life: 19/22

ID: 1255

Tristan slightly cringed at the hit Life received, seeing the rock solid armoured dillo smash against him. That monster showed no mercy on him.

"...Maybe you should let me take the hits. In more suited to getting punched, bizarre as it sounds."

Tristan attempted to attack the dillo while it was on Life, but they moved away before he could hit the beast, their speed remarkable. He just wished the monster would attack him and hit his rather deadly shield instead, plus Tristan could mitigate damage like no tomorrow.

[iD 1289 BD 1. Miss]

L got up slowly and sprung back when he was on his feet. That attack really did surprise him not matter he charged forward to attack the armadillo but he underestimated the after effects of such an attack. He winced in pain as he raised his arm to strike and missed completely not being able to focus. The armadillo turned back towards him and tried to bowl him over but he managed to pull back just in time. "Ugh.. maybe, if you can get it's attention"

ID: 1300

(BD 3. Miss. 1301)

Tristan attacked again but missed. This was getting ridiculous. What was with his luck lately when it came to hitting enemies?

"Haha, I wish. I'm going to learn howl first thing when I have enough skill points."

He waited for the armoured dillo to expose itself for an attack again, hoping next time he would actually hit...