PP-F3 Mow Them Down (Arekkusu) [Complete]

Crozeph ran towards the third floor of the game hoping that he might run into someone "I hope some players are around" he said. Crozeph has been running for a while and cautiously avoiding any enemy encounter "I need help from others if I want to survive this mess I made" he thought. He's been preoccupied with finding information about his friend  that he didn't noticed how far he has strayed away. "I've got to stop this too much concentration habit" he said. Crozeph walked towards a tree and rested, catching his breath "let's see who'll I bump into."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arekkusu walked back from his recon from the 4th floor. It was most certainly interesting, but Arekkusu preferred the safety of the third floor. At least he didn't have too much tensions on the third floor.

He saw a player sitting next to a tree, all alone. He seemed to be alone, which isn't the best way to be when in the game. How many parties have he joined. Arekkusu walked closer to see that the player looked familiar.

"I swear you look familiar." Arekkusu said. "Have we met before?"

Crozeph was surprised by the player who talked to him which made him touch the hilt of his sword "crap, I almost pulled out my sword" he said to the player. The guy seems familiar to him but before he could ask, the guy already blurted out if they have met before. Crozeph stared at him for a moment trying to remember his other encounters on players. "I remember now, with the other players at the first floor" he thought. Crozeph stood up and smiled at him "I remember you Arekkusu" he said. "I joined your party last time I saw you, with the others" he said. "Looks like you've been on the higher floors" he said as he looks at Arekkusu.

Arekkusu then remembered. He was the lower leveled player, it seems he advanced. He was much stronger then the first time Arekkusu met him.

"Not that I could say I liked the higher floors." Arekkusu said. "But anyways, I think I remember you. Crow right? Crozer? I can't remember."

Arekkusu looked at the equipment Crozeph had, he seemed to still be lacking. Arekkusu wanted to help him out.

"You know." Arekkusu started. "I was collecting some treasures recently, I need to gain equipment. If you help me I can split the rewards we both obtain, half and half."

Crozeph's eyes widened at what he heard from Arekkusu "you sure about that?" Crozeph looked at himself, he was already getting stronger but not his equipments. "I guess my equipments needs help..." Crozeph looked at Arekkusu "...and this guy is the only help I can get" he added. Crozeph pulled out his sword and looked around for enemies "you've been here and you know how the monsters move so I guess you'll be leading the battle" he said to Arekkusu "about the reward, it would be a great help for me and I'm thanking you in advance" he told him.

Crozeph held on to Arekkusu's hand and stood up, brushing the grass that is clingin on his back. "there's a safe zone here?" he said to him. Crozeph has been roaming around for days and hearing of safe zones are new to him "new info" thought. Crozeph also noticed the darkness slowly creeping in and hearing Arekkusu's advice made him think while walking "I wonder what'll happen to me if it turned dark and no player is around to help me" he said to himself. "This is guy is promising, I'm hoping only for the best that no stronger monsters will maul us down" he added. Crozeph touched the hilt of his sword "is the safe zone far?"

"It shouldn't be from here." Arekkusu said. "It's about a mile to the East of here. I'd say we have three hours before the sun goes down. I can imagine us both having an hour to look for stuff before we have to walk to the town."

Arekkusu looked to the right to look at the open fields, the same direction the town is in. "And if we're late, the gates will be open but it is often heavily trapped." Arekkusu added.

Crozeph quickly followed Arekkusu to where he's headed and also staying alert for any monster encounters. "Three hours is enough for us" he thought "and it's nice for that town to stay open and be heavily..." Crozeph looked at Arekkusu "Heavily trapped? what kind of town would set traps?" he said "I hope he smiles because that would mean he's joking" he thought. Crozeph need not to be anxious about it, they still have a few hours to spend till the monsters come down and end their life for good "survive first" he thought.

"No no." Arekkusu said shaking his head. "But imagine, all the players are inside, if Player Killers can't go inside and monsters can't either, if we are both exposed out in the open, anything can assault us in the dark. How well would you expect that to end?
I can only do so much as a player, but I'm nowhere near strong yet. That's why safe zones were made, to guard those who were still in training. Their punishment for staying outside is death if they aren't careful."

Arekkusu made sense on what he said "at least I've got something to thank the programmers" he said "if they're the one who made it, the safe zone that is." Crozeph followed Arekkusu hoping that they'll reach the town just in time and most of all keep their health points up."How was it like on the higher floors?" Crozeph asked him, he needs to know everything he can in order to survive the game and having a clue on what will greet him as he goes upward is a good start. He opened his menu and looked at his inventory "I've been doing nothing lately and my bag can prove it" he thought. It made Crozeph feel down for a moment "at least there's still bread for me to eat" he thought.

Arekkusu stopped where he was to think. How could he answer that question, he had so many words to say, yet he had so little he wanted to reply with. The things he saw above the third floor get stranger and stranger.

"The people are interesting the higher you go." Arekkusu started. "Some for the best, some for the worst. The monsters of course are intense than monsters here or below. The loot really isn't much different up there, but the quality of items I expect will change soon as the floors begin to unlock. There really aren't too many shops as you travel. I recommend first floor for those situations in which you will need shops. I was given this blade by a higher level player who wandered the second floor, I had these items equipped crafted and my headphones came as loot from the second floor."

Crozeph got surprised by Arekkusu's sudden halt and listened to what he said "looks like I gotta make a weapon before going higher..." he pulled out his sword from behind "the stranger the things and monsters, the more it'll be a pain to level up" he said. Crozeph doesn't have much col and material to craft item yet but he feels that he's nearing to make one "I've got to make up for the time I spent inside the city" he said to Arekkusu "I just don't want to go down without a fight in this game anymore" he added. Crozeph has been fairly good at RPG games before he got stuck in this death game, that's the only skill he already had in him before putting on the nerve gear.

"You have ambition." Arekkusu said with pleasure in his voice. "Just stand for what you believe and you can really succeed here. Don't let others control you, no matter the level, no one owns you. I'd rather die than be a slave. No that doesn't mean avoid working with people and not take commands, just don't let people hold you hostage."

Arekkusu then continued to walk forward. The sun still shined brightly, there was still plenty of time. He had his sword out, ready to handle an attack from behind. However, if the attack was upfront, Arekkusu was ready as well.

"You have a mind of your own." Arekkusu said. "Don't let others use it, it is your liberty."

Crozeph smiled at what Arekkusu said to him "don't let others control you" he repeated what the player said "yeah I can do that" he told him. Crozeph saw Arekkusu pull out his sword as if he's getting ready for an attack "a nearby enemy?" he thought. Crozeph looked around him and saw monsters from a afar but his attention was caught by the two wolves in front of them about a few meters away "hey Arekkusu, can we handle these?" he asked the other player. Crozeph pulled out his sword and pointed it at the wolves "if I were you, I wouldn't mess with my friend here..." Crozeph smiled "he's quite a skillful player" he said.

[enemy encounter]

• Wolf 6/6
  • Wolf 6/6

(OOC: I'll start the attack after your post...)

"Back me up on this." Arekkusu said to Crozeph. "No matter how strong you are, you need a strategy. Mine is to keep switching out after we land a hit, that when one of us might get hit, other is ready to hit in."

Arekkusu held up his blade and stared at the wolves. These were nothing to him, still, if Arekkusu grew too lazy, he might screw up. What good that would do him. He ran at one of the wolves, ignoring the other one, dodging it so Arekkusu can continue to the one behind it. Arekkusu then classically swung his sword.

• Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice. +1 Acc = 6= Successful hit
  • Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The blade made contact with the enemy, causing it to slide back. Arekkusu then jumped behind Crozeph, letting him go next. "Switch." Arekkusu said. "I'll hold off the other wolf, just go for the one I just hit." Arekkusu then ran towards the wolf that wasn't involved too much.

1+1 Rising blade= 2

Arekkusu: 17/17

Crozeph: 11/11

Wolf 1: 4/6

Wolf 2: 6/6

Crozeph saw what Arekkusu did to one of the wolves and switched as he said "I'm on it" he said. Crozeph quickly closed the distance between him and the damaged wolf, enough to land a successful blow. The wolf quickly charged at him too, seeing the attack that Crozeph made and it pounced on him, Crozeph's sword grinded to the wolf's fangs. "That's not a good idea puppy" he said to the wolf. Crozeph continued to slash upward wounding the wolf that tried to counter his attack. Crozeph moved back and the wolf dropped on its side but stood up immediately, telling the player with its snarl that it didn't like it. "Switch" he said to Arekkusu as he points the sword at the wolf, his only way of putting a defensive stance.

[iD: 1253]

Battle Dice: [7] >>success<<

Mob Dice: [4] >>fail<<

Crozeph 11/11

Arekkusu 17/17

Wolf 1: 3/6

Arekkusu grinned. For a lower leveled player, he seemed to know his combat very well. He jumped forward immediately after the tag was made. He this time charged with his blade loose to add a bit more pressure behind the blow. Crozpeh did just as Arekkusu said, so Arekkusu didn't worry about Crozeph.

Arekkusu yelled as he swung the blade this time, as if it were to threaten the fake hologram. "RAGH!!!" Arekkusu exclaimed.

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusu took a cut of the claw as he charged forward, but it felt like nothing when Arekkusu sliced through the stomach of the wolf. The wolf flew back and shattered into many data pieces, ending it's life. "We don't have to continue switch." Arekkusu said to Crozeph. "Just one enemy to surround and overpower, lets go!"

(1+Rising Blade 1+ 1 crit= 3)

Arekkusu: 16/17

Wolf 1: DEAD

Crozeph saw the first wolf shatter as it receive's Arekkusu's final blow leaving them only with one monster. "Right, let's get this over with" he said. Crozeph moved forward lunging at the wolf and slashed at the wolf trying to connect his movements with the wolf. Crozeph missed on his attack hit the ground. The wolf saw the opening of Crozeph's attack and tried to take the chance of attacking him "not gonna happen puppy" he said. Crozeph quickly moved back dodging the bite of the wolf and made a defensive stance. "You're forgetting someone wolf" he said, Crozeph felt frustrated when his attack missed but there's still Arekkusu to try and hit it with all he got "sorry about that" he said. The wolf was still glaring and snarling at Crozeph and it seems like Arekkusu will have a higher chance of hitting it "glare all you can wolf."

[iD: 1259]

Battle Dice: [3] >>fail<<

Mob Dice: [1] >>critical failure<<

Crozeph 11/11

Arekkusu 16/17

wolf 1: dead

wolf 2: 6/6

Arekkusu quickly step-sided to the left and around the wolf and  jumped on the wolfs back to get into the air. Then he aimed his blade towards the wolf behind him.

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusu pierced through the wolfs back, causing it to howl at is lost very much control. Arekkusu jumped back, but left his blade through the wolf.

"While it's there." Arekkusu said. "You can finish the threat if you want to, it won't be moving too much for a bit."

Arekkusu: 16/17

Wolf 1: DEAD

Wolf 2: 3/6