PP-F3 Mow Them Down (Arekkusu) [Complete]

The wolf struggled as it got hit by Arekkusu's attack "remind me to get better weapons when I get in town" he said. Crozeph quickly moved towards the wolf and slashed it at the neck. The wolf wasn't moving too much just like what Arekkusu said and Crozeph's attack was strong enough to kill it but the wolf reacted too and it got Crozeph in the arm. Although it wasn't that painful, Crozeph knew that the attack was enough to damage his HP "this is great" he said then he pushed to the wolf back with the edge of his sword. Unfortunately the wolf didn't shatter but it was already on the verge of shattering.

[iD: 1338]

Battle Dice: [9] >>critical<<

+1 dmg

Crozeph 10/11

Arekkusu 16/17

Wolf 1: DEAD

Wolf 2: 1/6

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The battle was completely one-sided. All Arekkusu had to do now was slice into the wolf once more and finish off the job. It wasn't too hard a task to do. Arekkusu ran quickly at the wolf, not even wanting to take time to toy with it. Then his blade sliced at the wolf.

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusu sliced at the wolf, who also hit Arekkusu back once the slice went through. The attack stung Arekkusus face, but the wolf shattered into many pieces. Arekkusu put his blade back into the sword socket, then he looked back at Crozeph.

"Are you sure you're new to this?" Arekkusu asked.

Crozeph scratched his head Arekkusu asked him the question "I'm really new to RPG games, I mean pressing the skill buttons, clicking on enemies, shortcut keys..." Crozeph looked at his hand "I've been playing RPG games so long that I can't remember when I started" he added. Crozeph knew how the gameplay works but something is off "I'm a bit slow on moving while playing, I only sit in front of the computer" he said. Crozeph saw Arekkusu finished the wolf a while ago and he always land his blows effectively "I'm still trying to get myself familiar with all the moving around" he said. That was all he's been doing lately, walking on floors one to three, attacking isolated monsters, running back to the starting city one his health goes low "I'll be clearing floors once I'm use to moving around."

Arekkusu then stared into the air with a blank face expression. He remembered the time when he had so much ambition to clear the game, the caves. The traps, the intensity that enemies provided, all on floor two. He tried clearing the game, but he realized that wasn't possible. A lone player might not even be able to do that while their level is maxed out.

"Don't think you can just clear the game on your own." Arekkusu said. "No matter how strong you are, you won't be clearing the game on your own. That is why you must make connections you can call on, like me. When you know you can't help yourself, you need to call on others to bail you out of the game."

Crozeph laughed at what Arekkusu said "of course I won't be clearing it alone" he told him. Crozeph's skills on RPG games has already told him that "that's a mistake I won't make but if I can do some things alone..." Crozeph pulled out his sword "I don't need to trouble others about it" he added. Crozeph continued walking while scanning his inventory "I've eaten two of my bread, I wonder if I can get meat somewhere" he said "I don't think wolf meat taste good." Crozeph has been slowly eating his bread, he tries to save enough col so he can go to a blacksmith and get his weapon crafted "at least I've got something to eat" Crozeph pulled out another one and handed it to Arekkusu "want some?"

Arekkusu took the bread from Crozeph, accepting his offer on the food. "Thanks." Arekkusu said to him. He then bit into the bread and looked into his inventory. It tasted pretty good for just bread.

Arekkusu only ate apples recently, so it felt pretty good to have something new. Arekkusu needed to go apple-picking soon for his inventory, but in the meantime, he needed to get better equipment.

"This is good." Arekkusu said as he put his blade back into the carrier. "Where might I find some of this?"

"It's with the starter pack when I first logged in here" he told Arekkusu. Crozeph thought that the bread might heal some health points if he eats it but some players told him that it would just satisfy their hunger inside the game. "Most of MMOs have this kind of food as healing items so it feels kinda weird that it just takes away the hunger we feel" he told him. Crozeph took another bite from his bread again and smiled "I like bread especially the one in the real world..." Crozeph looked at his bread "...someone used to bake bread for me" he said. Crozeph knew that his memories won't change the game but its the only way to keep him going on and aim for the higher floors.

"I never really played too many RPG games." Arekkusu admitted in direct honesty. "I would say that even if I had the higher level, you seem to be the better player of the both of us. At least you have the background knowledge of these kinds of games, I use this game like it is a learning experience, not some death game."

Arekkusu bit into the bread some more. He didn't feel his wounds healing, so the fact that bread doesn't heal was confirmed. However, the bread was fairly rich, so it kept them on full stomachs right before the game. Arekkusu might've missed it, or he might've been at the stupid state where he didn't feel the need to even accept help from the game itself.

"So tell me." Arekkusu started, ready to change the subject. "Was your life any better than the life you have in the game?"

Crozeph bit some before replying to Arekkusu "it wasn't so bad, I live alone but I have enough friends to keep me company" he said. Crozeph's wasn't good or bad neither. "I moved out of the house when I was 17, I work at a convenient store and..." Crozeph remembered his friend, a girl he met at the store where he works "...a close friend of mine who plays games with me" he added. Crozeph was even surprised that Arekkusu doesn't have that much knowledge on RPG games "she was very nice to me, she even helped me find a nerve gear" he said.

Crozeph smiled at Arekkusu's question "its simple..." Crozeph took a bite out of his bread "...I'm a gamer" he said. Crozeph's life was fine and Arekkusu was right but not having to play the games that looks interesting made him feel empty "when I heard that this is an RPG game I was excited, I mean you get to play real time inside it instead of staring at the computer screen" he said. Crozeph knew that this is by far one of the best he played until the death game started "I guess including death in this game makes it more thrilling to others" he said. Crozeph heard of player killers who enjoys killing the other players who are weak "I just hope I won't get involved with such thrill" he said "the goal is to survive, not enjoy the death it offers" he added.

"You know your role very well." Arekkusu said with pride. "And I know that makes you a potential player. If you work to your highest potential, you will no doubt be a strong player. However, some play the game for revenge, some play to relax. But no one knew about the game being a trap, and now that players know they are trapped, they can go insane and want dominance. In the game, there is no such thing as law enforcement. That's why you must train to be stronger, that's what I've always wanted and never received. So I vow not to let anyone else up up the same way."

Crozeph saw Arekkusu's reaction about getting stronger "hey, it's not that you didn't receive it..." he told Arekkusu "the right term for it is you haven't received it yet" he added. Crozeph has been playing games like this ever since he could remember "RPG games require a lot of work to get stronger, it's not just about the numbers or levels" he said "you need the stats and instincts too" he added. Crozeph remembered the days before SAO. He would always die as a beginner on games but soon enough he's already helping other players who are also beginners "once I have the resources and strength I'll be helping others a lot but still..." Crozeph took the last bite out of the bread "I prefer solo play on some floors" he said. Crozeph has been slowly getting the hang of things and soon enough he'll be roaming around the game helping others who are in danger.

Arekkusu grinned. He liked the ambition Crozeph had, it was only meant for good. He never wanted to put himself first unless it were to save the lives of others. Arekkusu admired such a spirit, and he also envied it. He felt the need of surviving, despite the sacrifices. That trait he often regrets, but he does it out of pure instinct.

"We're going to have to see where any more enemies are located if we want to survive." Arekkusu said remaining alert. "The rising edge may only do so much until an ambush gets to the better of it."

Crozeph nodded at what Arekkusu said "my sword is not that strong too so I guess we should stay alert." Crozeph calculated the time they have left. They still have enough to reach a town but if they get careless, the worse might come more often than they expected. "There are monsters prowling around" Crozeph said listening to his surroundings "I bet when the sun completely sets they'll come out and attack us" he added. The monsters aren't that many but with Crozeph's current set of equipment might not be enough for an encounter and with what Arekkusu said about his sword, trouble may seem so close to them now.

Arekkusu then sensed it, an enemy was there. It was just one though, so it wasn't too big of a deal. It was straight ahead, Arekkusu knew its presence and it knows their presence. Arekkusu put his arm in front of Yuji, holding him back behind Arekkusu.

"Stay back." Arekkusu said. "An enemy knows we're here."

Arekkusu then ran forward quickly, triggering the ambush the enemy tried to set up. Arekkusu jumped back and saw a bat in front of him now. "And this is it." Arekkusu said.

Arekkusu: 15/17

Crozeph: 13/13

Bat: 6/6

Crozeph didn't expect the ambush too but he knew much about how things would go if he won't do anything. "A bat, really convenient at the dark" he said. Crozeph quickly closed in on the bat who was still fixated on Arekkusu. Crozeph jumped hoping to reach the bat before it detects him. 

• ID: 1660
  • Battle Dice: [7] success
  • Mob Dice: [3] >>fail<<

Crozeph jumped high enough to land a hit to the bat but missed hitting its wings "crap I missed on its vital part" he said. Crozeph quickly moved backed and stood a few feet from Arekkusu "an ambush huh? who would've thought they are programmed to do that" he said smiling.

• Arekkusu 15/17
  • Crozeph 13/13
  • Bat 5/6

"They are designed to act with certain abilities." Arekkusu said. "How they use it... well..."

Arekkusu grinned. He knew the advantage that players had. They had brains... and skills. He wasd a good distance away since he had Crozpeh knock the bat back. Now Arekkusus sword glowed crazily bright, this was the first time he used a skill himself.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice. (+1 Reg+1 Rising+2 Crit+ 2Skill= 6 DMG)
  • Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusu used the charge skill on the bat, ready to end its life. He ran way faster than he ever ran before, the wind ready getting to his eyes with this intensive speed. Then the blade sliced through its prey, instantly shattering it into many data pieces.

Arekkusu: 15/17

Crozeph: 13/13

Bat: DEAD

Crozeph looked at the sword as it glows bright and shatters the bat "now that's something" Crozeph looked at his sword and started swinging it "nope, I guess I don't have it yet" he said. Crozeph started to get excited knowing that there's something like it on weapons. "They're closing in fast..." Crozeph's instincts suddenly kicked in "if it was an ambush then there's..." he suddenly saw a bat appear behind Arekkusu "too bad I know something about spawning"  Crozeph rushed towards Arekkusu and spun to his right hitting the bat who was focused on attacking Arekkusu from behind. Crozeph looked at his back and saw that another bat has spawn beside the one he attacked "this is their spawn time" he said. Crozeph pointed his sword at them "I guess they came out earlier than we expected."

[iD: 1796]

Battle Dice: [10] >>critical success<<

+2 dmg

Mob Dice: [3] >>fail<<

Arekkusu 15/17

Crozeph 13/13

Bat 1: 3/6

Bat 2: 6/6

Arekkusu looked at the bat Crozeph just attacked. So far so good, they just have to keep applying the attacks and eventually it will die. Arekkusu held his blade forward and ran quickly to the bat Crozeph just attacked.

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusu sliced through the bat successfully, but didn't quite finish it off yet. He was almost there though, the bat was struggling to keep itself up. They just had too keep going.

Arekkusu 15/17

Crozeph 13/13

Bat 1: 1/6

Bat 2: 6/6