PP-F3 Mow Them Down (Arekkusu) [Complete]

The bat is almost down and Crozeph just need to land the last hit on it. Crozeph lunged at the bat and ended its life with a single slash but Crozeph hesitated at the last moment "the other bat!" he said. Crozeph got hit by its wings before shattering. Crozeph moved back and eyed the second the bat who is still flying in front of them "that bat flapping its wings is annoying" he said as he points his sword at it. 

[iD: 1802]

Battle Dice: [9] >>Critical<<

+1 dmg

Mob Dice: [6] >>success<<

Arekkusu 15/17

Crozeph 11/13

Bat 1: DEAD

Bat 2: 6/6

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Be Careful." Arekkusu said. "These things aren't as easy as we just made them seem."

Arekkusu drew his blade again towards the other bat. He then ran quickly towards it without even thinking. Once Arekkusu got in the bats range, he was ready to swing his blade.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusu hit the bat as hard as it hit him... hard. Arekkusu fell onto his back as the bat flew back pretty far. "Yuji!" Arekkusu called. "Take it now!"

Arekkusu: 13/17

Yuji:11/13

Bat 2: 2/6

"I don't know who Yuji is but" Crozeph quickly charged at the bat before it get its distance from them to attack. Crozeph swung his sword upward hitting the bat's body. The bat shriek after getting hit by Crozeph but it also quickly retaliated at him. Crozeph shielded himself from the attack but he doesn't have enough stats to successfully block it sendind him backward and struggling to keep his balance "I hope that this is not a glitch in the system" he said as he looks at the bat "my attack is not enough to take it down" he thought as the bat continues to fly before them.

• [iD: 2000]
  • Battle Dice: [8] >>success<<
  • Mob Dice: [10] >>critical success<<

• Arekkusu 13/17
  • Crozeph 8/13
  • Bat 1/6

Arekkusu braced himself once again, then the bat came at him. Arekkusu then felt his muscles intensify. He felt a lot more powerful for some reason. (OOC: So much has changed since Arekkusu was here, his power is a lot higher.)

• Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusu attempted to slice the bat in self defense. He then step sided an attack when the bat attack when it attacked him from behind. Neither attack went through, back to phase one.

Arekkusu: 13/25

Crozeph:13/13

Bat:1/6

Crozeph had to finish the fight, or else they would risk their time for the other monsters prowling around to join the fray "I need to keep it from flying away" he thought. Crozeph that it was easy for the bat to just fly away whenever they attack and he's got only one idea on how to finish it off. Crozeph ran towards it with a trick on his sleeve he hopes will work on the monster. The bat quickly moved back after seeing Crozeph near it and stopped after moving back a few feet "there it is!" he shouted. Crozeph side stepped towards the left of the bat and slashed at it leaving it no choice to move back shattering the bat and finishing the last monster in front of them. Crozeph slumped on the grass, tired as if he used up all his strength "we really need to reach the town" he said.

• [iD: 2106]
  • Battle Dice: [7] >>success<<
  • Mob Dice: [4] >>fail<<

• Arekkusu: 13/25
  • Crozeph: 13/13
  • Bat: Dead

"Hmmm..." Arekkusu said. "You're right, we do need to go, but don't you want to try to collect some loot from that bat at least?"

Arekkusu looked at his loot. Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice. = 10 Col

Arekkusu then tossed his Col to Crozeph since he needed it more than Arekkusu. Then he looked back at the town. "Tell me when you're ready to go to the town?" Arekkusu said.

Crozeph had no luck for loot this past few days and it seems that it happened again. "Thanks for the col by the way" he said. Crozeph stood up and wiped the grass that cling to him away. "I think we can go now" Crozeph was about to walk when he noticed something. "Tresure chest?" he looked at the place where Arekkusu got ambushed by the other monsters that they encountered a while ago. Crozeph ran to the bushes hoping that he would see one but failed "I've been to preoccupied by looking for treasure chest that I'm starting to see imaginary ones" he said. Crozeph followed Arekkusu as he leaves the area, avoiding further encounters with hostile mobs.

• [iD: 2137]
  • Loot Dice: [13] no treasure chest

Well it wasn't too bad, the chest could've been an enemy. Mimics are disgusting and they really don't give too much loot for how annoying they are.

"Well it could've ended up being a lot worse than that." Arekkusu said. "It's not like we got attacked by it. But it would be nice to get a prize at least."

Arekkusu then sheathed his blade into his socket and then looked forward. The light was getting lower and they weren't anywhere near close to the city. They would need to run in order to get out. Arekkusu could do it no problem, but that's because his speed is pretty high. He needs to guide his partner, so Arekkusu is slowed down a bit and he might not make it inside.

Crozeph tried to follow Arekkusu as he runs to where the town is but it seems in terms of skills inside the game Crozeph is still low "I need to upgrade some of my skills sometime...I'll keep reminding myself about that" he said. Crozeph then noticed Arekkusu slowing down "do we have enough time to reach the town?" he said. The previous encounters with the mobs are already taking its toll at him. "I need to go to a smith also" he thought. Crozeph's current set of weapons are not enough anymore to kill mobs that would be stronger than what they just fought.

Arekkusu shrugged. "Well I'm sorry to say that this is the third floor." Arekkusu explained. "Think, out of the many floors that this game provides, why choose floor three of all of them? I mean there might be some shops that you might be able to access, but the chances of finding exactly what you need... I think that is pretty low. As for time, I'd say we would only have enough time to run to the town but that's it really."

Crozeph felt more tired upon hearing what Arekkusu said. "Running is not my specialty really" he said. Crozeph remembered his days in the real world when he attends school. He remembered not running to school even though he was late "I can't keep my strength up for long" he added. Crozeph quickly followed Arekkusu after an ambush happened. Crozeph knew that his friend handled the ambush pretty well, if it was him alone he would've been a goner now. Crozeph opened the map in his menu and looked at their location "yeah we're still far, I don't see any town in my map" he said. Mapping out the floors seems like a chore to Crozeph but right now, they'll be needing it just in case they get lost.

"All right then." Arekkusu said. "Fate is unavoidable, even if we run we won't be making it to the castle anytime soon. So lets save our energy and brace ourselves for any attacks that are yet to come."

Arekkusu held his shield higher as the sun began to set even further, it was no hope trying to run. They can only hope to press forward.

Crozeph listened to what Arekkusu said and saw him raise his shield. Crozeph looked around for any enemies prowling around "it's hard to enjoy the sunset when it's this dangerous here" he said. Crozeph only wanted to gather material enough for him to get a smith forge his sword but it seems he got a different scenario of his adventure "fate is unavoidable..." Arekkusu's words echoed at him "that's why I hate it" he said to himself. Crozeph kept up with Arekkusu's pace, also warily looks at his surroundings. 

Crozeph laughed nervously, he remembered the last time a boar almost ended his dear life after landing a critical blow on him but he was alone that time, this time a friend of his is with him "I'll keep that in mind" he said. Crozeph has been hunting for materials these past few days but failed. Crozeph then looked at the sun slowly and almost setting "what I'm afraid of is the PK status players here" he said. Crozeph knew the danger of the monsters prowling but that is almost gone because he's with someone strong enough to help him mow down two or three monsters "we might run into one and both of us will end like those monsters we killed" Crozeph kicked a rock but ended up hurting himself "damn it Kayaba! why program a rock as hard as a wall?" he said. Crozeph flexed his hands and still bearing the pain on his foot "I'll hunt them down once I see them kill another player."

"Don't be suicidal." Arekkusu said. "One thing this game painfully teaches people is paitence. If you attack them while you are still low on power, they will most certainly slaughter you. If one confronts you, you have the ability to avoid them. Advice if you aren't in a safe zone and you are threatened by one, you can walk away, don't actually engage in a conversation with them. That will kill the deal if you do that, then your blood will be painting the grass. But if you see one, don't try walking past it either, just try to avoid it. If it isn't broken, don't try fixing it."

Crozeph knew what Arekkusu meant, even before the virtual world RPG came out, Crozeph already hated the player killers on the past games he played "I know, that's why I'm out hunting materials to get stronger" he said. Crozeph has long been aware of them "I was once a GM on the past games my friends and I played and guess what, we hunt these kind of players" he said. Crozeph felt frustrated that he can't do anything for now but soon he'll be able to help. Crozeph then looked at the his friend "wow, you seems to know them more, have you encountered one?" he asked. Crozeph relies on the information he gets and rumors spreading out like wildfire in towns doesn't give him a concrete idea about most floors and PKs who roam around.

"One?" Arekkusu asked. "No.... I've encountered a little bit more than just one... my friend is gone because of him, but he let me go. Now when we see each other, we just walk by, but we don't engage in combat. Actually, I had to yell at him to get my point across since he accused me of killing his people, my friend did... but I didn't, which is why I am still alive today. He goes by the name Macgrath if you've ever heard of him."

Crozeph started thinking "Macgrath..." he thought. Crozeph heard the name before then "I've met him but only once at a floor where I met you also, didn't know he ended up as one too" he said. Crozeph was also surprised by how they just go past each other whenever they meet "I guess most PKs here are driven by revenge" he thought. Crozeph always thought of PKs as cold-hearted players who prey on the weak for fun but after hearing what Arekkusu said, it seems there's more to being a PK than just killing off other just for fun.

"He didn't become one Crozeph." Arekkusu corrected. "He was killed by one... because Macgrath talked back to him. At least I think he was killed, he went missing and nobody has seen any recent activities from him. The possibility of him being missing could be there if it weren't for the bounty put on him. It was such a high price for Macgrath, it seemed like overkill. But yet it was still done, at least I think it was done."