[PP-F4] Something to do? (Moartea & Mari) (Complete)

Moartea sitting in the tavern on floor four, as he was awaiting for Mari to appear, he invited her to this floor to have a few drinks with her, and only a few. he wanted to have some time to talk and adventure with. He sat in the corner of the room in his usual attire, one that Mari would spot a mile away. A royal purple calf length leather coat, with gold trim along the outline of his coat, mapping even to the collar and the shoulders. it had two silver buttons located opposite of each shoulder, each one in the position of the shoulder meeting the chest, as the coat had a slight pink section near the outline of his coat, with a silver belt, having many fine details and intricate designs built into the layout. The coat having a built in vest shirt, consisting of a grey frame, with two rows of five silver grey buttons reaching to the base of the vest, lined with black coloring as his coat has two built in leather strips connected to the silver belt that wrap around to the back of his coat, a pair of black leather pants, and a pair of metal like boots reaching up to his knees, that have a pink outline with two sets of two white dots on each boot.

As he sat there, and leaned back in the chair, a pint glass in his hand, and had some ale in it, and having a good time watching and listening to players around him. He yawned here and there, as they started to bore him slightly now, ~Mari, where are you?~ He thought as he knew he was rather early here, he even asked her what time she wanted to come and he got here much too sooner than he wanted to, but he had a pint of ale waiting for Mari, so she could enjoy herself, before e went out into the fields with her. His ever so cold Slate grey eyes scanning the room, and his jet back hair kept back in the hair pins, he took a sip every so often.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mari had received an invitation by Moartea to join him for a quiet drink before going out to the fields to fight. He must have known that the 4th floor was her favourite. Mari loved the bite of the cold, and she enjoyed her talks with Moartea. It was a refreshing change from the constant flurry of anger and malice hurled her way, and after finding out who Uriel really was...it would be good to be able to talk to someone about it all. Mari didn't exactly want to talk to Life about it, because it would seem that Uriel would just send him into a blind rage.

Mari entered the Tavern; and spotted Moartea immediately. She gave him a nod and a smile as she approached him, taking a seat opposite him at the small table. "My, someone's dressed fancy today." Mari said, placing her elbow on the table so she could place her face in the palm of her hand. Mari ordered a Moscato wine - a very sweet tasting wine.

As it was placed before her she picked it up and took a dainty sip from it. "It's good to see you Moartea."

Moartea saw Mari walk in and take a seat in front of him, and he smiled when she commented on his attire. "You look as ravishing as as well Mari, I'm glad to you to." "So did you enjoy you little walk here?" He asked her, as he leaned forward and placed his drink down, and glazing at Mari with his Slate grey eyes. ones that only Mari could get a positive effect from. His eyes seemed to be rather soft and warm like now, instead of their cold and cool temperament, Mari was the only person that did this to him. So he gave her a smile and blinked a few times, before speaking again, "So Mari, what is it that you want to do exactly, going into the field is rather vague if you ask me." "How bout we gather some materials and get some training in with that dagger I made you, it suits your well, duel bladed and very gorgeous looking... just like you." He said being more of a gentleman and complimenting her appearance, he liked Mari, she was the first person he felt at ease with, and he wanted her to know how that he cared for her, as his Slate grey eyes now, giving a sense of mystery, and curiosity, as he was wondering what Mari would say after this little compliment.

Mari gave a small shrug; "My walk was absolutely lovely, I enjoy the cold and the snow." Mari said  with a smile, taking another small sip of her wine. "I wanted to collect more materials - so I could give them to you to make me some boots. I need them really soon - I hear the Hydra battle is in 15 hours." Her tone was wavered - she was worried, she was still unprepared - she didn't have suitable shoes or chest armour. Her blue eyes fell to watch the golden liquid in her glass, she gave it a swirl, with a soft sigh.

The smallest trace of a smile appeared on her lips with Moartea complimented her, she wasn't used to hearing such compliments, but her smile quickly faded - when she recalled what Lotharian had told her. "I'm not suited to you in that way, Moartea..." Mari mumbled. She wasn't feeling the best lately - with finding out that she had been acting like a lady of the night; Uriel telling her who he was and how he was the one who took her child from her...

"I just wanted pleasant company."

Moartea's eyes lite up when she said that she wasn't suited to him in a way, and he frowned, and when she said all she wanted was pleasant company he gave her a gaze. "Mari... is something wrong?" "Whats the matter, I can understand you want pleasant company, but I can tell there "IS" something wrong, whats going on?" He asked her, wanting to know about her problem, and when she said before hand, about gathering materials, and to get some boots, he pondered the thought. ~Boots eh... I can try, but I still suck at it.~ He thought for a moment and then brought his head down on the table. as his hair fell in his face, and he gave her eyes of curiosity, ones that a child would give, big eyes.  

Mari rolled her eyes, not meaning to be rude to Moartea; it was simply her personality. "Yes, yes there are many things wrong -hmm where do I start..." Mari began, twirling a strand of hair around her finger.  "Do you want to hear about how I am a horrible person? Or hear about another horrible person first?"

She didn't give him time to reply; she started - first about Uriel. "Remember that creepy guy we met earlier, who you kicked from your guild? Uriel? Turns out he's the ...lawyer, who...stole everything..." Her strong stalwart voice wavered, as she almost whispered the last words. "He also, tried to stab me - but Life stopped him."

When Moartea heard this, that's when his eyes turned evil, and dark, "I knew I should have killed him, I should have challenged him to a death battle." "This will not go unpunished, when I find him, i will spike him like Vlad the Impaler." He said, in a darker tone of voice, but shook his head, and returned to his normal attitude, and he hugged Mari, "I... I'm sorry, Mari.... and your not a horrible person, if you were then would I be your friend?" He said as he pulled away and went back to his seat and looked at Mari, with a serious look in his eyes, "Mari... I know you don't like my guild, and I can see why, but I'm going to have a chat with Argumail about Uriel and have him brought to justice." Moartea said as he turned his head away and looked at the place, it was rather quite now, perfect for him to chat with Mari, and he turned his head back to her. "Or... if you want... you and I can hunt him down, and perform our own justice, but I will need Argumails permission to allow a execution, or I would be killed as well, but then again, I could leave the guild, and go rogue to help you fulfill your revenge upon him." He said trying to get a positive read on Mari, as he wanted to help her in anyway he could.

Mari shook her head, shocked at what was coming out of Moartea's mouth; "Are you Insane!? Moartea listen to yourself!" Mari was bewildered, she thought he of all people....had they not come to some sort of understanding that such violence was wrong? That death, could never truly be justified?

"You SHOULDN'T have killed him!" Mari said, exasperated. "You should never kill anyone no matter how vile they are as a person. These...." Mari looked down to her hands, opening her palms. "These are human lives you are talking about here, living, breathing human beings - are you telling me..."  She looked up at him with confused and hurt eyes. "Are you telling me you would be so willing to kill another? Why? "

Moartea suddenly felt bad, as he couldn't look at Mari now, he pulled his hands in and gave a answer to her, "Mari... I... I'm sorry... but he hurt you... and... I don't want my friends hurt, or having anything happened to them... but your right... I was stupid to even suggest it." Moartea now beating himself up, as his personality seemed to now close off abit, as he made a terrible mistake in saying what he did. "Your not the horrible person here Mari... I am, I should have never said that... I'm sorry." He said having a frown and his head away from her, he didn't have the right to look Mari in the eyes now, not after the words he just spoke in his head over and over again, not sure why he said all that. "I... I'm just glad Life was able to help you... he seems to be a person who is there for people, Mari... I don't know why I said that... I..." He couldn't finish his sentence.

Mari sighed, she didn't intend for Moartea to reel back into a reclusive mumbling jumble of a man. "You know..." She began, "Life said something similar. Do you know him?" She asked - attempting to change the subject. "You are both in the Crimson Inquisition. The only people I like from that god forsaken train wreck."

Mari noticed that he shyed away from her - great - if she didn't try to talk him out of it he'd probably continue to beat himself up. Mari shifted closer, screeching her chair against the floor till it stopped up against his. "You said it because you are quick to anger, and to go toward the defence of people." Mari gave him a hard slap on the back before she rubbed it. 

"Cheer up princess."

Moartea felt Mari hit his back, and rubbed it, he liked it, her rubbing his back, made him feel better, he glanced back up her and gave her a much better look. "Mari, thanks, and yeah I know Life, he and I are somewhat close, he and I have done a few missions together." "If there's someone you need to help you, he's the one, so Mari... how bout we get those Materials for you... what where you looking for?" He said, with a more upbeat tone of voice, as he looked at her blue eyes, and smiled.

Mari pursed her lips; she wanted to talk to Moartea about a few things that had been bothering her; but somehow it turned into a session where Mari was consoling Moartea. She didn't exactly mind - she just didn't want to leave without voicing things, it'd be bad to let them fester. As Moartea went to stand Mari grabbed hold of his regal cloak. "Please wait - I didn't get to talk to you about what else was bothering me....would you mind lending an ear for just a while longer?"

Moartea nodded and sat down, as he looked at Mari, and had a frown. "Mari... whats wrong?" He said, as he looked at her with a worried yet serious look in his eyes, he didn't like it when Mari was upset. So with that being thought he gave her a warm smile and placed his hand on hers. "Go ahead Mari, I won't lie to you, or keep secrets from you," "Tell me whats gotten you in a stir." Moartea said in his calm alluring voice, one he used to calm the children back at Kaiser Castle. 

Mari sighed; glancing downward as Moartea sat back down in the chair; clasping his hand over hers to show that he was there for her. Mari gave a weak smile; but didn't look him in the eyes.

"You care about me, right Moartea? So it's only fair you should know.." Mari began, but she paused - biting her lip. It was clear she was struggling to tell him such a thing. Mari was still trying to come to terms with her actions herself - so telling someone else? It was hard for her. "I'm not....the whole sweet or innocent girl you seem to think I am Moartea you see-" Mari rubbed the back of her head with her free hand. Why was this so hard.

"I slept with two people. On the same night. One....I don't even remember - I was so drunk, I didn't exactly know what I was doing."

She finally said.

Moartea sighed and closed his eyes, "It's in your past now Mari, as I can tell, your struggling to find your words." "And from that, it means you regret your actions, Mari... I don't care about that stuff, all I care about is you, so what if you slept with two other guys, we all have our dark pasts." "I recently started remembering my families past, in fact... I'm not to say this, but I remembered about who my ancestor was." Remember Vlad the Impailer... he's my ancestor... I'm the descendant of his." "I believe my mind tried to shut it away. but it all happened before my accident, so I guess my memory coming back means I'm getting better." 

"But enough of me, and please, don't see me in a different light Mari, I don't care about what you did before, its what you do in your future that matters, yes look to the past to prevent future incidents." "But remember, you are the only one who can control your decisions, no one else. my mother, told me never to judge a book by its cover." "I'm not mad Mari, I never once judged you, and I won't start today." He said, as he didn't care about what she did, it was before he met her most likely, and that was something he cared not, all he cared about was Mari, right now, and in the current time frame. As he smiled, and gripped her hand slightly, and opened his eyes after his words where done and looked at Mari,

"So, Mari... I never told you before, but I was promoted a few days ago, before the incident with Uriel, that's when I became the Crafting Division Leader, it also happened after we met." "It took me for a loop actually, I remember your reaction to me saying it on front of Uriel, and I needed to tell you, so Mari, are you better now?" He said as he gave her a calm pair glances, showing that he didn;t care about her past, and he was more concerned with her now.

Mari gave a somewhat disgruntled mumble; aimed more at herself than at Moartea - She did somewhat regret her actions - but - she more so hated how easily she had succumbed to such actions. The girl had remained celibate since her divorce so why now? Of all times? Especially in a game! Moartea began to go on about his 'dark past' when in reality - it had nothing to do with him. It was simply family lineage - one would have to have some serious issues to blame someone for an ancestor they had no possible way of controlling.

"What do I care?" Mari stated bluntly. "He's your Ancenstor - the censored does that matter? It's not like you went out and did those things." 

Still...

"Still, it's good you're getting better." Mari stood up, not wanting to hear anything to do with the Crimson Inquisition. "I wanted to collect Materials and I wanted to help you too - to repay you for the weapon you forged for me."

Moartea nodded as he stood up, and almost slipped, and he caught himself and shook his head, "Shouldn't get up too fast, never though I would get a head rush in this game... wait... is that even possible?" "Well... never mind that, so, what is it that you wanted to gather, what materials exactly?" He said, as he looked at her, and gave a light smile, one that he gave in curiosity, then he realized, the cold, he didn't know if Mari kept his coat, or if it returned to his inventory. He quickly opened his inventory through the HUD and found it there, "Ce dracu?" "I thought this stayed with you, wait... Mari did you return the coat by pressing the red circle on its item data?" He asked her, and gave her a curious look.

"Auto Translator"
Word/Phrase: Ce dracu? 
Origin: Romania
Meaning: What the hell?

Mari gave a small grin - reaching out to help steady Moartea as he faltered. "You ok there?" She asked, as she pushed in the chair with a bump of her hip. "It seems anything is possible in this game. Thanks for cheering me up Moartea." Mari tightened the grip she had on her shoulder. "I wanted to get you smithing materials and I wanted to get myself Materials for recording crystals. I wanted to improve my musical ranking. That way next time someone like you comes into my store I can be sure to wow them with a wonderful performance."

Mari tilted her head, slightly confused at what Moartea had said. "That was your coat? I wondered where it came from so yeh, I clicked that circling thing."

Moartea sighed, and opened his inventory through his HUD, and pulled out a coat he got for Mari, something he knew she might like. The black leather coat appeared and was almost gothic like, as he handed it to her and smiled. "Here, Im giving this one to you, I picked it up in case something like this happened, I hope you like it Mari." He said as he gave her a smile and waited to see what her reaction would be, he then spoke again, "And your welcome Mari, I'm always here to help you, you know that, and thank you for being my friend." He said, still holding the coat for Mari to grab, he wanted her to be warm.

-Item given to Mari-

Scorpion Gothic Trench Coat.

Mari blinked as she received the cloak, then put it on. It was a little big on her, and she was able to snuggle her chin into the collar, she looked up at Moartea giving him a small smile. It was a thoughtful gift, Mari loved the cold and didn't feel it as much as others. "Black isn't really my colour - but I really do like it." Mari said earnestly. Smiling up at Alkor, she felt a satisfying warmth - and that warmth wasn't just coming from the coat. It came from the interaction with Moartea.

"I'm ok with the cold, but at least now I know I can be stylish too!" Mari said with a cheeky grin, twirling on the spot. 

"Does it look ok?"